Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Should God Bless America? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

toriebabie605

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:33 am
ok. . .i'm a junior in high school and for in my english class we are praticing writing essays for the PSAT. . .and the one question we had to write about is should God bless America? i just want to see everyone else's opinions on this thought because it's not something we usually think about. . .

*tori*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:53 am
That's a very interesting question. Some might say that He shouldn't since America as a whole has become so immoral and anti-God; however, consider the following verse:

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

So, it says here that God's blessing comes as a result of the obedience of His people, that's us the Christians, not everyone in the country. He will bless America if the Christians in America will:

1.) Be humble
2.) Pray
3.) Seek God
4.) Repent of sin

So, the question is... are we doing this well? I know that there are many Christians who are... but what about the whole of Christianity in America? I think we're getting farther away from God with every generation... eventually, if not already, we will not merit the blessing of God.  

PreacherBoy

Don Rich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:05 am
KiBlast
That's a very interesting question. Some might say that He shouldn't since America as a whole has become so immoral and anti-God; however, consider the following verse:

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

So, it says here that God's blessing comes as a result of the obedience of His people, that's us the Christians, not everyone in the country. He will bless America if the Christians in America will:

1.) Be humble
2.) Pray
3.) Seek God
4.) Repent of sin

So, the question is... are we doing this well? I know that there are many Christians who are... but what about the whole of Christianity in America? I think we're getting farther away from God with every generation... eventually, if not already, we will not merit the blessing of God.
Amen!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:04 am
Thought this was kinda pertinent to the debate things...

We went into Iraq and took out a major threat to Israel (read: GOD'S LAND). God says He will bless anyone who helps Israel. So....

1) If Bush is doing God's work (and if you've read my other posts you know what this means in regard to the 'W' word), and you oppose Bush, are you not opposing God?

2) Look at how well we are doing RELATIVE to our situation. We are doing better NOW in WARTIME than we were BEFORE 9/11!!! But because health care isn't fixed, we go back to the liberals.... and all the GOOD work done is wasted on another 4 years under some retard who can barely spell UN, let alone comprehend the ramifications of waiving the magic wand of office at problems. So then, like Clinton, they muck the whole thing up so bad it takes another 4-8 years under conservative control to fix the damage, at which point the population apparently gets bored with not having dire threats to our own economy and elects a liberal again.

Note: I remember my posts on 'don't bash the government', Clinton is out of office and kerry isn't in yet, at that time I will hold my peace, but until then i still have a vote and a voice. If you are from another country, remember that whoever gets in will determine the safety level your country enjoys, and if kerry gets in you'll be on your own (unless you're from france or germany, but even then i'd be concerned about the level of protection a man who bailed from the army on self-inflicted wounds is able to offer...). yes, I side conservative, I believe that 'christian' and 'liberal' are mutually exclusive, I do vote for democrats when they are more competent, but on the whole I find them to be liberals.  

Woodlock

mahjqa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:08 am
God should bless America no more and no less than any other country.

Also; whenever some authority figure ( a president, a mayor, whomever ) utters "God bless America" I keep getting the feeling that it's become nothing more than a hollow phrase to satisfy the public.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:11 am
I know exactly how you feel...  

Woodlock

Kutsuke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:38 pm
That sounds like one of those opportunities where you don't even answer the question exactly. I'd start by writing:

Whether or not God should bless America is not nearly as important as the fact that He does, and as Americans, people are responsible for accepting or rejecting the blessings God gives. Furthurmore, the responsiblity to spread the good news also rests in the hands of those who are to be grateful for their blessings, Americans...

writing cool stuff is fun, but writing stupid stuff is stupid  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:54 pm
"If My people will humbly pray, turn from sin and their wicked ways then I will heal them and heal their land......"

G-d spared Sodom & Gomarrah long enough for Lot to get out. He stays His Hand against the USA because of G-d fearing Christians...but if we Americans continue in our sins then we will be destroyed.  

famusamu

famusamu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:04 pm
mahjqa
God should bless America no more and no less than any other country.

Also; whenever some authority figure ( a president, a mayor, whomever ) utters "God bless America" I keep getting the feeling that it's become nothing more than a hollow phrase to satisfy the public.

If your not from America your opinion shouldn't matter much as to what concerns her.

I just saw something on TV that kinda yanks my chain...people from England have started a stupid letter campaign trying to get the people in my state of Ohio to vote for Kerry scream scream scream

That's part of the reason for what happened in 1776!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:31 pm
lol...thats jus so funny stare  

ghostchant

Kutsuke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:51 am
ghostchant
lol...thats jus so funny stare

What?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:02 pm
my mom say," they should rephrase that, it should say,"America Bless God." you know what I mean sweatdrop  

Itarilde Telemnar

Scionparagon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:14 am
toriebabie605
ok. . .i'm a junior in high school and for in my english class we are praticing writing essays for the PSAT. . .and the one question we had to write about is should God bless America? i just want to see everyone else's opinions on this thought because it's not something we usually think about. . .

*tori*

Hmm, "Should" God bless anyone.....
I don't think it is for "Us" to decide who God "Will" bless...but
I guess it isn't wrong to ask God to help or bless us and others...
God doesn't do everything the way we "expect"...but He does it His way...
Should God bless any country?...Should God forgive someone their sins?...No one is deserving of anything God does, being that we are sinful humans...but by love and grace He willfully gives us things and forgives us...and blesses whom or what He chooses.... (I think if America or any other "country" wants the blessing of God...they need to get on their knees and pray and interceed for their countrymen that God will be with those that want Him...and rise up vessels willing to be used by Him to spread the word of Christ...God wishes none would perish...the fields are ripe...he just needs the workers to lay down their personal ambitions and seek the face of God...)

(stepping off soap box before I step on any toes)
------------

Is your highschool a private school/Christian? I am surprised by the question...but if it is a public school maybe this is your chance to witness your faith as I am sure what some people may write to that wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:55 am
No matter if we think he should or not he will just because God is forgiving to everybody and everything....  

Troa_6986

Mechanism

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:18 am
famusamu
If your not from America your opinion shouldn't matter much as to what concerns her.

"As to what concerns her" doesn't make sense in that context.

Did you mean, "If you're not from America, your opinion shouldn't matter in the context of what concerns [toriebabie605]"? If so, why not?
Mahjqa's statement seemed perfectly fair to me.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff