Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:13 pm
User Image

Nyota'badiri skulked around the large watering hole that was situated almost in the center of the Southlands, his black-and-grey coat standing out starkly against the tall, pale brown grasses, especially while the sun floated high in the sky above.

He had no particular dislike of lions, however he was justifiably wary, since they tended to travel in groups, which could be dangerous for a solitary hyena such as himself.

Emerging into the open, he crouched at the water's edge, his ears continually flicking back and forth as he lowered his head for a quick drink.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:31 pm
User Image

On the opposite side of the seemingly serene watering hole, Badiri lay half dozing in the hot African sun. There was not much else to do on a day like today. He would hunt as darkness overcame the land, but for now, the solitary male would conserve his energy. Opening his jaw wide, the lion let out a massive yawn, a half hearted growl emerging with it.

As an unusual smell wafted towards him on the warm breeze, Badiri slowly opened his lids, revealing his cerulean colored eyes. Across the water, a hyena drank from the shallow, still water. The male watched the creature intensely, he.. wasn't horribly fond of new company.

((not lame post! D< mine is lame XD I am so out of practice at rping D: ))  

Allie23

Sparkly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:50 pm
((HEE. naw, it was fiiiine. =DDD heart *loffu*))

Nyota froze, crimson orbs flicking nervously along the opposite shore--he could have sworn he'd heard a short growl...

His gaze passed over one spot, then flicked back, as he focused on what appeared to be...maybe? A lion...lying in the tallgrasses. His entire body tense, he hesitated, torn between fleeing, and holding his ground to see what the other would do first...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:05 pm
Swiveling an ear back, Badiri listened to the surroundings.. a gentle breeze through the grass, a flock of birds in the distance, but that was it. This hyena seemed to be alone.

He watched the other's movements, and pondered as what to do. Though Badiri may have looked big or strong, he was very much a scaredy cat - he would avoid a confrontation at all costs. Climbing slowly to his massive haunches, the lion peaked his head over the brown grasses.

Allie23

Sparkly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:37 pm
((so sorry for the delay, luv~~))

Nyota relaxed slightly, when the other made no move to attack. "Hello?" he tried, his tone decidedly neutral.

Nervous, he shifted from paw to paw as the silence stretched between them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:55 pm

Crouching, but still high enough to peek over the grasses, Badiri watched the monotone colored hyena before him. The lion was anxious meeting any new lion, but to meet a hyena? He was slightly afraid. He knew nothing of hyenas - though he had always heard they were vicious and traveled in packs. So why was this one alone?

'No,' he thought as he shook is head, his black mane flying. To show fear is a silly thing to do. I must not give my foe an advantage. Slowly inhaling, Badiri sat up straight and puffed out his white chest. "Hello--" His voice came out as a squeak. He tried to cover it up with a sneeze, wiping his nose with his paw, and he began again, (in a lower voice than he usually uses), "Hello. What are you doing out here by yourself?"

Allie23

Sparkly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:26 pm
Nyota cocked his head to the side, positive he heard the other say hi in something akin to a high-pitched squeak...but no, that was merely a sneeze, followed by a deep, rumbly question that made him wonder if, perhaps, he might still have need of his natural wariness.

"I am a wanderer, so I spend much of my time alone." he replied cautiously, ears flicking to and fro as he tried to make sure there were no other lions sneaking up on him from another direction--he had no great desire to be lunch.

"And yourself?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:03 pm
((Sorry for the delay, my lovelery vashy 8D;; ))

Rising to his paws, the lion finally stood in his full upright posture. Slowly, he moved though the grasses, the weeds parting as he broke though them, and came to the bank of the watering hole. Lowering his massive head, Badiri's eyes stayed fixated upon the hyena. His great, pink tongue slowly lapped up muddy water; Slow ripples splashed gently on his white paws. After a great gulp, the male lifted his head, water trickling down his chin, and replied, "I guess I could same the same."

Turning his eyes upward, Badiri squinted and wrinkled his nose. The sun was at its full strength, and they were the only two creatures, it seemed, silly enough to be out in it. "Ah, I didn't catch your name. Mine's Badiri."

Allie23

Sparkly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:35 pm
The hyena chuckled-he couldn't help it..what were the odds of his encountering a lion who shared at least part of his name? "I am called Nyota'badiri, but feel free to shorten it to just Nyota." he said, relaxing marginally.

Leaning forward to dip his own muzzle into the shallow water, he reveled in the slight squish of the mud beneath his dark paws, and the slight (VERY) breeze that ruffled his mane.

[PUB] The Southlands (Unclaimed)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games