[PRP] A Little Bit Lost [Finished]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:20 pm
A little genet had stumbled it's way into the southlands. Kibeti, as he was known, had just been more or less kicked out of the only home that he had known. Last of his siblings to leave the nest of it's parents, his mother was sick of him not taking the steps in growing up. She believed that the first step was the biggest; make them live on their own. She must of not realised, however, that this little genet's mind just couldn't quite grasp on the facts that he needed to know to live on his own, and thus needed someone else to lean on to live.

If only she'd known that, then perhaps the little genet wouldn't find himself lost at this very moment...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:25 pm
The scraggly brown lioness has found a moment to herself away from Amri'Mafujo, which she was much thankful for. The situation that she seemingly had gotten herself into was just becoming a little too much for the lioness.

The darkness had hid her escape for the most part, but the moon was shining brightly enough for her to know where she was going.

"What should I do..." the lioness confided into herself. She just wasn't sure on what to do with Amri. She really liked him, he was kind to her, and she loved the time that she got to spend with him. But Mafujo was just becoming a little too much for her to handle.

Her mind wrapped up in her thoughts, she didn't quite notice that she nearly tripped on a little lump of fur right underneath her paws.

Safaia

Trickster

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:26 pm
The little genet had found itself in a nearly life-or-death situation. Well, as close as you can from being trampled by a half-starved lioness.

"Ouch!" The little genet let out a cry. He gave out an extra squeak when the lioness stepped on his tail trying to figure out just what she had stepped on.

"Owww....watch where you're going...please..." he said shyly. The genet was obviously not a fighter, just like the lioness, but he was injured as well. Well, he appeared to be injured, but it was more of an injury that had never healed correctly, so he had a limp to his movements.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:26 pm
"Oops!"

Just barely catching herself from falling on top of the genet, she had stepped on his tail. She flinched when she heard him cry out, and danced back, the moon just barely giving her a view of what she had discovered.

"Ohhh, I'm so sorry!" The lioness lowered her head to meet the genet's eyes, fearful that she had done some terrible damage to the little thing.

"I...didn't see you there." she repeated, hoping that the genet would accept her apology.

Safaia

Trickster

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:27 pm
He glanced back at the lioness with his bright green eyes, which strangely reflected the moon's rays. "Aaahh....I'll be okay, I think. It didn't hnurt...too much..." He shook his tail, proving that it was still in working condition. Even if he never did anything with his tail.

"I was just trying to find a place to sleep but..." he looked around carefully. "I can't seem to find one." He shyed a bit, not quite wanting to ask her if she could help him, but not wanting to wander around anymore then he had. Never knew what was stalking the lands at night....even on a night with a bring moon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:28 pm
Nyota blinked at the genet, just wondering how old he was. He didn't seem very old, just shy of being a youth. She gave off a warm smile, and nudged the genet. Yes, he seemed to be just in his adulthood, and though trying to strike it out on his own, it was obvious that he left the nest too early.

"I can find you a place to sleep, unless you'd care to join me, on one condition. Just give me a name, little one." Her motherly urges were actually kicking in, and so she just went with what she felt. Was this a good thing? Only time would tell for them.

Safaia

Trickster

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:30 pm
The little genet did his best to keep his eagerment inside. Sleep! And a safe place at that! Well, as far as he could trust this lioness. But she seemed really kind, and he went off with what he felt.
"Oh, yes. M-my name is Kibeti, Miss..." he started. "My mum just sent me off to live on my own, but I'm still not sure as where to start..." his voice drifted off. Home....he missed home.

"B-but if you could help me...that would be really nice, miss...."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:32 pm
Nyota gave off a small laugh, her worries about Amri and what to do temporarly forgotten. For now, she was going to help someone smaller then her, and it would hopefully help her self-confidence, something that she always lacked.

"Alright, Kibeti. Just...call me Nyota. Simple name to remember, yes?"

She pondered on where to take him now. Should she take him with her? She would have to go back to Amri'mafujo soon, and that could get hairy if it was Mafujo instead of Amri in control. Should she take the risk?

"Hmmm...Kibeti. Would you....like to come with me?" She started cautiously. It could work...if she just kept him under her wing, so to say. Nyota could be strong about things she believed in, and she believed that she should care for this little genet until he himself was ready to take on the world by himself.

Safaia

Trickster

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:33 pm
Kibeti had crawled his way towards the lioness' leg, curling himself around it lightly. It was quite evident that he was not cut out to living on his own, especially with that limp on his foreleg. That would work agaisnt him for his whole life.

"If that's okay, Nyota..." he said shyly. Definately a cutie. "I just don't know what to do...but if you help me, I'll do my best to be good for you." Just like a kid, promising things that he probably didn't understand.

"Is there something that I should be cautious about, though, Ny?" The nickname slipped out, but he liked it. And he'd probably use it from now on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:34 pm
The lioness gave the genet a smile, and a nuzzle. He was far too trusting, something that make Nyota a little skiddish, but also gave her a reason to want to take him in, and watch over him.

"Well...there's a companion of mine who's...a bit different." She slowly started to pad towards where Amri was sleeping. It was a ways off, but she wanted to get started. She could keep talking while they were making there way there, anyway.

"He kind of can be nice...a little boring at times, but he's nice. Then sometimes he...gets kind of mean." She mentioned gingerly, hoping to not scare him at all. "But Amri is nice, and I'm sure he'll like you."

Her back itched a bit, and when she looked back to see, the little genet called Kibeti had climbed himself up her leg and onto her back. Silly thing, lazy as all kids are.

Safaia

Trickster

Safaia

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:35 pm
Kibeti didn't really understand what she was talking about, but it meant a wamr place to sleep, so he didn't much mind. He was just planning in the moment, and not much concerned with whatever it was that Nyota was concerned with. "It'll be fine, Ny, I bet." He slowly pulled himself up on Nyota's back, wedging himself between her shoulder blades. Much easier then trying to keep up with her long paces.

"Sleep sure sounds nice, though..." he drifted a bit, latching onto her fur as his eyes became heavy. It was a little late for the kid, so it was no suprise that he started to fall asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:36 pm
Nyota smiled to herself as she felt the genet sink into her fur, evidently falling asleep as she padded on. No use in talking the poor thing to sleep; he was already falling asleep!

"Well, I sure hope everything will go fine, little Kibeti." She wondered outloud to herself. "Let's just hope..."

She slowly made her way closer to where she left Amri'mafujo, hoping that he was still there, and also that he was asleep. Best to break things in during the morning, when it seemed everything was more evidently easier to handle with.

"Sweet dreams, little Kibeti..." she whispered as she gained even closer to her destination.

Safaia

Trickster

[PUB] The Southlands (Unclaimed)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces