Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nobhdy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:16 pm
ChemicalSoiree
the bible says not to judge anyway! scream

Yeah, organized religions really got screwed up when Martin Luther split from the church and stated: "Faith alone will get you into Heaven"

That entitles people to judge you, murder you, be assholes, anything they want and they'll still get into Heaven, thus eliminating the entire purpose of religion in the first place, to keep people moral.

Protestantism = Ridiculous  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:05 pm
nobhdy
ChemicalSoiree

Yeah, organized religions really got screwed up when Martin Luther split from the church and stated: "Faith alone will get you into Heaven"

That entitles people to judge you, murder you, be assholes, anything they want and they'll still get into Heaven, thus eliminating the entire purpose of religion in the first place, to keep people moral.

That is a statement of ignorance and, speaking as a Lutheran, I also find it to be offensive.

It is clear to me that you have never bothered to speak with many, if any, protestants. Don't buy solely into stereotypes.  

Asexual-Slut~Enya

nobhdy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:11 pm
I do not know what you are talking about. The concept of faith rather than works is one of the foundations of the entire protestant movement.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:39 pm
Asexual-Slut~Enya
nobhdy
ChemicalSoiree

That is a statement of ignorance and, speaking as a Lutheran, I also find it to be offensive.

It is clear to me that you have never bothered to speak with many, if any, protestants. Don't buy solely into stereotypes.

Agreed to a point. The people who seem to be the worst about issues like this are Baptists - notice that Fred Phelps Sr. runs the Westboro Baptist Church and it always seem to be Southern Baptists who get all riled up about this. You hardly hear about other sects like Methodism, Lutheranism or stuff like that. It always seems to be either the Baptists, the Catholics, or to some extent those weird Mormons who are weird because they're polygamist.  

Lord Setar

Asexual-Slut~Enya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:06 am
nobhdy
I do not know what you are talking about. The concept of faith rather than works is one of the foundations of the entire protestant movement.

Yes, it is one of the foundations of protestantism. That does not excuse behavior that would, otherwise, be deemed unacceptable -- murder, rape, etcetera.

The premise is that works alone cannot get you into Heaven -- humans, by nature, are apt to fail. A loving God would not do that to his children, and willingly embraces them -- even despite their faults -- for simply believing in him.

Many of the more liberal Lutheran churches, like mine, have taken it one step farther by preaching that everyone, whether they believe or not, can be accepted into heaven if they have made an attempt to do more good than evil -- whether they are successful or not is irrelevent, for it is truly the thought that counts.

To sum it up, yes, faith will get you into heaven under most Protestant systems; however, that does not excuse you to do evil things.

I will not be dragged into this particular debate any longer. One more snide over-generalized statement about my religion and I will petition to have you removed from the guild and you will find your name on my ignore list.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:50 pm
Possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard:

"Cats and dogs don't get abortions, they have to go through with it, why are humans any different?"

stare  

Emu Feathers

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:03 pm
Emu Feathers

"Cats and dogs don't get abortions, they have to go through with it, why are humans any different?"

stare

*laughs*

Cats and dogs don't mate for pleasure. They also have no idea what they're doing.

And on that same train of thought, they lick their asses instead of wiping! Why don't humans do that?!

And last but not least, my cat did have an abortion. I'm serious. When we chose to adopt her from the shelter, she was pregnant. They want to control the pet population, so they won't let you adopt and animal that can reproduce. They terminated her pregnancy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:59 pm
PhaedraMcSpiffy
Emu Feathers

stare

*laughs*

Cats and dogs don't mate for pleasure. They also have no idea what they're doing.

And on that same train of thought, they lick their asses instead of wiping! Why don't humans do that?!

And last but not least, my cat did have an abortion. I'm serious. When we chose to adopt her from the shelter, she was pregnant. They want to control the pet population, so they won't let you adopt and animal that can reproduce. They terminated her pregnancy.
Also, I've heard sex was painful for a cat. I've had the misfortune of hearing two of them mate outside my bedroom window one night. Coincidence of coincidences, it was on Mischief Night.  

Half Baked SF

LemurOverlord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:34 pm
ChemicalSoiree

"God will hate you forever!"

God already hates me, Rev. Phelps says he does because I go to a school with homosexuals. And, isn't god supposed to be a loving one? Oh, thats right, only to people that the priests say so.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:58 pm
PhaedraMcSpiffy
Emu Feathers

stare

*laughs*

"Some animals eat their children. Why aren't humans any different?"

*snerk*

And I actually heard somewhere that rabbits can induce abortion, and do something like reabsorb their fetuses into the body during hard times. Not positive on how factual it is though.  

Reinna Astarel

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:01 pm
Latest interesting response:

Upon posting about the anti-choice protest in my area, I got a message:

"Why do you want to protest against people protesting to save lives? Go stand outside a hospital and see what people say to you."

My response was:

"As long as my individual reproductive rights are threatened I will fight to keep them. I believe that people have a right to sign a DNR order should they be terminally ill. If doctors up and decided to deny people the right to DNR, heck yeah I would protest. Maybe I should protest your house because you aren't donating a kidney at the moment. Someone NEEDS your kidney!!"

The person wrote back:

"You are a slut. ******** off."

....right? stare  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:30 pm
Toga! Toga!
PhaedraMcSpiffy
Emu Feathers

stare

*laughs*

Also, I've heard sex was painful for a cat. I've had the misfortune of hearing two of them mate outside my bedroom window one night. Coincidence of coincidences, it was on Mischief Night.

Well, I did hear on a documentary that the male cat is equipped with barbs on its p***s that somehow induce ovulation....  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces