Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
Arguments that you hate Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RMarques

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:21 am
So, this is a topic where we all share arguments, both pro or anti-choice, that quite basicly shocked you, either by stupidity, or for the reasoning. So here's my contribute, seen twice, by different people, both semi-pro abortion, however, with quite a twist, and each for different reasons.

"Abortion should be legal, however, after the procedure is done, the woman should be sterelised, no matter if she wants to or not."

In the first time I saw this argument, the reason was so that the woman would waste state's resources on this again. The other one, was because people shouldn't use their body as roulettes, and if they didn't want a baby they should give it for adoption.

Surprisingly (ok not really) it was said by men.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 am
..yikes.

I remember in a 10th grade biology class we were talking about how stem cell research is conducted, and out of NO WHERE this guy yells out "That sounds like abortion. Abortion is wrong and should be illegal and is just morally WRONG."

"So says the white probably Christian male," I thought. My teacher told him "That's enough." It was embarassing..  

gskilllet

Reinna Astarel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:08 am
I've had a Pro-lifer tell me that women should not be allowed to abort because damn dirty sluts who spread their legs for anything that moved should be forced to endure the consequences of their actions.

Straight out.

I mean, there are so many things wrong with that, I don't even have words to describe it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:32 pm
Reinna Astarel
I've had a Pro-lifer tell me that women should not be allowed to abort because damn dirty sluts who spread their legs for anything that moved should be forced to endure the consequences of their actions.

Straight out.

I mean, there are so many things wrong with that, I don't even have words to describe it.
QFE

The "pro-lifers" who openly say they don't give a damned about the fetus (because rape exception is allowed) but only want to refuse abortion because women need to be punished face the consequences of their actions and then have the nerve to turn around and say they aren't actually anti-women rolleyes  

Talon-chan

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:12 pm
Pro-life* - "Who are we to play God?"
--Well, s**t. There goes my future career as a pediatrician. Have fun taking care of your born child when s'he gets sick.

PL - "You should keep it because you're a slut and need to learn responsibility and dealing with the consequences!"
--All too often. It's sickening how people claim they care for the child while being pro-life yet use arguments like this that essentially devalue the life they claim to be protecting. If I see this argument again I'm going to start bombing a bunch of busy CPCs. "Think of the ******** children, hypocrites!"

PL - "It's not so much the life of the fetus I'm worried about, this is just an excuse for women to get away with being stupid sluts."

Pro-choice - "Well I guess abortion is okay, it's not like it's a life yet."
"Yes because I hate babies"
"Yes because it's what you have to believe in order to be a liberal"
--People like this almost make me ashamed to be pro-choice.

*And I use the term very loosely here.

Yes, unfortunately I have seen/heard ALL of these arguments before.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:22 pm
"It's murder!" is, probably, the most common. And no matter how many times we proove it isn't, that argument just keeps comming back.  

Pan Twardowski

Vicious Prophet

(Your1Lost1Heart)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:23 pm
Grr..People like them make my blood boil..It's tarrible how they can openly say thing's like that without an ounce of shame mad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:53 pm
Pro-Choice:
-It isn't like the fetus is alive.
-Well the fetus isn't human yet.

I also really dislike the assertions that all Pro-Lifers hate women, are men, are Pro-Punishment, and are stupid Christians. Though too many self-proclaimed Pro-Lifers are stupid male Christians who want to punish women because they hate them, by no means are all Pro-Lifers like that. I also just hate the term "anti-choice" because I find it really disrespectful. Like my sister said:
"If we're going for truth in advertising, the two sides would be Pro-Death and Pro-Oppression."

Pro-Life:
-Women who have sex deserve to have babies.
-Sex is for making babies.
-What about the [fetus'] choice?
-You have to trust in God's plan.
(If God exists and has a plan, how do they know that my abortion wasn't part of it?)
-Babies are a gift.
-All women want to be mothers.
-My mother was happy raising children, so all pregnant women must be.
-My mother/sister/aunt/cousin/friend has a miscarriage and was sad about it, so how could anyone get an abortion?
-I got pregnant and had a baby, so why should someone else get to have an abortion.
-It's a BABIE!!1 So how could you murder it?

And really, anytime someone tries to use their personal morals as a basis for abortion becoming illegal. If someone could give me a real, logical and/or legal reason why a fetus should get the right to use my body against my will, I would become Pro-Life (still waiting *grin* ).  

WatersMoon110

SunflowerGoddess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:06 pm
"Women who get abortions and the doctors who perform them should be put on trial for murder, then face the death penalty for killing a small, innocent baby just so they can sleep around or make money."

"I'd love to bomb an abortion clinics. Those are places of evil, and the people who are inside them are all supporting the devil."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:59 pm
The argument: It's JUST pregnancy. It's JUST nine months. Just have the damn baby!

Attention anyone who uses this argument: please remove your blinders and join the rest of us in reality.

S. Shark

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:55 am
I once read on a Bible website that even if a pregnancy puts a woman in danger, she shouldn't have an abortion because "God will take care of her." rolleyes

I also hate:

~Women shouldn't get aboritons just because pregnancy is inconvenient for her.
~If I did get pregnant, which I wouldn't because of the magical word ABSTINENCE, well, that would be okay because I would have a cute wittle kid!
~If the woman got raped, the baby would make things better because it would make her happy
~That child could find a cure for AIDS!
~I wanna punish those teenage sluts!
~When you consent to sex, you consent to pregnancy.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:01 am
- If a woman is raped, she shouldn't punish the child.
- If a woman is raped, the child will make her happy.
- Sex is only for procreation.
- Those sluts should just keep their legs closed.
- The woman needs to "take responsibilty" for her "irresponsible actions"
(How is giving birth to a child the only "responsible" action?)
- The fetus doesn't get a choice!
- The father doesn't get a choice!
- What if Einstein's / Ghandi's / Beethoven's / etc. mother aborted them?
- Abortion is murder! Abortion is a sin!
- There are tons of families looking to adopt. Aborting a baby is selfish!
- Who are we to play God?
- Abortion is just like the Nazi concentration camps.
- Babies are so precious! How could anybody with a heart murder a poor, defenseless, innocent, child!
- If a woman is going to be a slut, she should be punished for her actions.
- Women are made for bringing new lives into this world. Believing in abortion is anti-feminist and anti-women because we are denying them of their job!
- Women have been oppressed throughout history and are now oppressing fetuses because of their oppression and they wish to punish somebody else!

[ Z a d i i e ]

Asexual-Slut~Enya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:32 am
I am fairly certain that every single one of my arguments have already been touched on; but, I thought I'd contribute.

Pro-choice arguments I dislike:

1) The fetus is not human yet.
-- Incorrect. The fetus, biologically speaking, is, without question, human. I think, generally, a less informed pro-choice advocate will misconstrue the statement "The fetus is not a human being" to mean that the fetus is not human. That is why I prefer to substituted "human being" with the word "person."

2) The fetus is not alive.
-- Incorrect. One cannot kill the unliving. If the fetus truly weren't alive, we would not have an issue regarding the killing of it.

3) I don't like babies.
-- I hate, hate, hate this argument because it implies that the pro-choice side doesn't really advocate choice; but, rather, it advocates abortion only.

4) I'm pro-choice; but... (rape, incest, health, etcetera)
-- You are not pro-choice if you make exceptions.

Pro-life arguments I dislike:

1) Only the immoral harlots and tramps of the world suffer unwanted pregnancies -- it is only fitting that we punish them for their actions.
-- Monogamous couples also suffer unwanted pregnancies and pregnancy should never be used as punishment.

2) Killing the fetus is the killing of pure innocence.
-- The fetus is no more innocent than a rock.

3) Pregnancy isn't any worse than a prolonged head cold.
-- Need I really say more?

4) Babies are a blessing -- a gift, if you will.
-- A gift forcibly kept isn't a gift at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:08 am
Anti-Choice
I think one of the biggest arguments that pisses me off so much:

"Well, my aunt/cousin/sister/mother/any woman they know had an abortion and regrets it. Abortion is bad, so no one else should have a choice."

Just because the person you are describing regretted their abortion, doens't mean all other women will. She probably regretted it because she might have wanted to be pregnant, but had to abort for some reason, or someone like YOU made her feel like s**t and CAUSED the regret.

"Same as above, but change 'had abortion' with 'gave birth'."

Now, I don't like children. I don't like women who shove their kids in my face and think they're perfect angels of light, when all I see is s**t, spit and tears. I will never have children. I in no way expect anyone else to feel the same way I do. I don't tell women they should abort. No one has the right to tell me that motherhood is the way I should go, because YOU decided to spit out a kid. That was YOUR decision, not mine. I do not have to admire you, or have extra respect for you for doing something women have been doing for thousands of years.

'Pro-Choice'
"I'm pro-choice, but I think it should only be used when..."

You are sick. Plain and simple. You are not pro-choice, you are pro-under-my-own-personal-condition-which-I-can-deal-with. You are worse than the anti-choicers, in the fact that you are not consistent with what you're doing.

"Abortion is ok as long as it isn't used as birth control."

First of all, someone needs to learn the difference between contraceptives and birth control. Birth control *gasp* controls birth. Withdrawl is birth control, but can NOT be a contraceptive. Condoms are contraceptives and birth control. Abortion controls birth. Get the ******** over it.  

MipsyKitten
Crew

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas