Get Some Manners! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madeline Crossette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:30 pm
The thin and frail teacher sighed. Looking down, her eyes once more slid over the invitation she held in her hands. Four parents had responded...only four. It was a discouraging thought to say the least. Then again anything to do with D-corp was discouraging to the woman these days. From the trouble she had when dealing with the shots of the pre-teens to her own mischievous son. The wild thing which now stood beside her. Never the less, Madeline was determined to bring enlightenment to the families here! Another class. If this one went well there would be another. Blue eyes nervously looked kept glancing down to see if the words had changed ...but they hadn't.

User Image

"...Keivlos! Pleaze, give that back." Madeline desperately grasped at the invitation which he had now stolen. No good...he had already made his way to the other end of the unusually long table. "DINNER!" screamed the raven. Madeline rubbed at her temples. "Yes, yes sweet heart. " she cooed smoothing out her evening gown. "...But we must wait till the guests arrive," No, she could not eat now. Could not even sit down until everyone was present. The clock struck six...they should be coming soon now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:36 pm
-OOC Notes-

1. This class if for either child or parent and child, and will count as a PD ((therefour everyone needs to get in five posts)).
2. If you want to join simply be one of the first four to post.
1:Ana ((Faidrae))
2: Anoki ((DivineSaturn))
3:Chath ((jayoku))
4:
3. If you wanted to join, but simply find it filled up, PM Gabriela Juliana or this mule. If I get enough interest, I will hold another class.
4. I'll try to run t his fast, at least untill everyone gets their first five posts. After that...have at it.

Madeline Crossette
Crew

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:07 pm
Chath was not entirely happy, he was being forced to come to this Dinner party thing...and was forced to leave Keir at home. And he was just started to gain ground on teaching his dragon a thing or two on listening to him!

He sighed noisely as they neared the front door and itched the collar around his neck. He was not used to wearing full length dress shirts...or normal shirts at all for that matter. It made him hot, and feel stuffy. He had to resist the urge to spary himself over and over, only because he didn't want to look like he was sweating. He glared at his mom.

"Mooooom... I really don't think I need to be here.." he started but stopped seeing the sudden glare fromhis gaurdian.

"You need to be a proper gentleman in society honey.." she started preening her curls into perfection before reaching for the door bell.

"But.." Chath started fidgeting in his full length pants as well. They had, had to cut a hole to let his tail go through, and the fabric was starting to make his skin sore.

"No buts! Be on your best behavoir.." she grumbeled finally reaching for the doorbell and pressing down on the button.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:08 pm

Ana reached for the door bell, glancing from side to side. She was wearing her best dress, which was pink of course. Her mother had helped her do her hair up nicely. After receiving the invitation the little Chameleon girl had become obessed with the idea of coming to the dinner.

Everyone knew that royalty had stunning manners, and she figured it was about time that ehr own manners came up to par. She coulnd't exactly be a good princess without manners.

Thus, here she was, ready to learn.

Faidrae

DivineSaturn
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:20 pm

It seemed that D-Corp had finally recruited a teacher with some sense (besides herself, of course). And that was the only reason that Raven personally brought Anoki Kenelm to the manners seminar, with plans on staying. After all, it wasn't everyday that something as important as that was held, and they would even recieve dinner. It would take a lot to ruin such a well planned class.

Anoki looked up at Raven uncomfortably, one hand scratching at the necktie she insisted he wear. At least it was blue, if a grayer shade than he preferred. His shirt was a plain white button-down, and his pants were black and boring. Both the sleeves and pants legs were long, which made Anoki quite warm even in the air conditioning. By far the worst, however, were the dress shoes that he was forced to wear. As soon as possible he planned on ditching them in a potted plant. The rest was annoying, but manageable. The shoes were downright painful.

Catching sight of Anoki's discomfort, Raven frowned. "Anoki Kenelm, should you embarass me at this function, I will make you regret it." Then her attention was back on herself, brushing a speck of dust from her cream colored blouse and smoothing a wrinkle in her brown A-line skirt. "Now then, I expect you to be paying attention. This class is important."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:57 am
If he looked any more miserable, Michael would probably be signed up for suicide watch. His usual leather jacket and torn jeans were not in evidence, instead he wore a button up shirt, a tie, and black slacks. Earako had a full out tux, but he'd had to draw the line somewhere.

A class on manners? Only his daughter would beg to go.

Earako, of course, hadn't had to dress up much more than normal. Considering the girl didn't go anywhere without putting on something complex and frilly. Still, to one of her usual dresses of black satin and lace, she'd added elbow length black gloves, and a delicate lacey hat complete with veil. Her parasol was left at home for once, it was late enough that the sun wasn't too much of a bother. Her sunglasses were enough.

"Daddy, you've got to smile. It's polite."

Michael forced his lips in an upward direction as he knocked.

For her. He was doing this for her.  

lithle

Madeline Crossette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:05 pm
One by one they came and Madeline greeted each one with a proper hand shake and a warm welcome. Properly addressing each child and parent; parents by their last names and children by their first names.

It seemed everyone had come dressed properly. No apparent need to go over that issues...although she would defiantly make a note of it too the children. After a while she had managed to get all seated, deciding to keep parents on the opposite side of the table from their children. This way everyone would have a good veiw of each other, and if need be child could correct parent...or if need be the other way around.

She would sit at the head of the table, while Keivlos would be at the opposite end. Clearing her throat she pointed out to the other children along the table, "Unlike my son...Keivlos, " a glare from the disappointed mother, "One should sit upright in their seat, with both feet upon the floor. Poor posture lack of good etiquette!"

A faint smile shown across the blondes face, "But I before I continue with the lesson, proper introductions should be made. Being the host or hostess of an event means it is you whom must introduce the guests to each other. "

Looking down the table she began with Earako who was near the head of the table with her. "Every one this is Earako, and the charming man across from her is Michael. Next to Earako is Cath and his mother Jayoku. The beautiful girl next to Chath is Anataela, or Ana as her mother Miss. Amnelle tells me. At the end of our dining area Miss Anoki Kenelm and her son Anoki. " Before she could continue though the thing at the every end of the table silently hissed at Anoki's way. "The Raven at the end..." continued the pristine blonde in an angery tone, "Is my son Keivlos. It will be a few moments before dinner is arriving so please make yourselves comfortable." She added taking her seat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:32 pm
Chath squirmed in his seat feeling a bit out of place and also surronded by two girls. He took a deep breath trying to fight off anxeity and could only watch as his mother was acting perculier. She never bothered to sit up so straight at home, nor was she this attentive when listening to him....he felt like he was in school again and was dissapointed to see his mother being a goody-two shoes.

Not that he exactly wanted to misbehave, but he certianly didn't want to be here. He looked at the table settings not understanding the point of having so many forks, spoons and knives. Didn't one of each do the job well enough?

He tried to not sigh loudly and when he placed and elbow on the table he ignored the stern glare he recieved from his mother, bored he looked around the room and finally observed the other children who he assumed were forced here as well.

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

DivineSaturn
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:54 pm

((I'm going to assume you meant to say Raven there instead of Anoki. XD;;; ))

So far, so good. The woman seemed charming, if horribly mundane, and there were others present as well. Raven recognized the bat-girl and her father, but was not particularly pleased to see either. There were some others too, that she didn't recognize and didn't particularly care.

Anoki, on the other hand, was overjoyed to see a familiar face. If he hadn't been next to Raven he would have loved to go over and say hello, but that would probably get him yelled at by both the teacher and his mother. Instead he simply smiled at Earako, and scurried over to sit where the teacher told him to.

The introductions were boring, so Anoki took the opportunity to inconspicuously kick his shoes off under the table. He was still sitting up straight, and hoped against hope that no one would notice. Especially not the one sitting across from him. At least he HAD made himself more comfortable.

The mention of a raven at the end of the table made Raven start, but she settled quickly enough. The prospect of teaching her namesake someday would be interesting, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:10 pm
Spotting Anoki he gave the kid a smile, though he felt his toe hit against something on the floor. Curious he leaned back and noticed a pair of shoes lying there. He gave the kid a wink as he quietly took off his own shoes and wiggeled his now free toes.

That felt so much better he couldn't believe it. That kid knew what he was doing. Trying to stretch out his legs he went to poke the kid with his toes, trying to act as if he was doing nothing.

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

lithle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:39 pm
She was sitting at the head of the table. Ok, not the head, exactly. But right next to the teacher, with her Da' across from her, and that was almost as good. She listened silently while her teacher ran through the introductions, her eyes moving to each parent/child pairing, sizing them up and searching for friendly faces.

Catching Anoki's smile she grinned in turn, her attempts to be perfectly proper momentarily forgotten in the excitement of seeing the ibex boy. Still, at least she refrained from the sort of frantic bouncing and waving she would usually be prone to.

Trying to mirror the perfect posture of her teacher, she moved in place restlessly, her wings folding across her back and then half opening. Looking concerned, she lifted a hand, attempting to get the teacher's attention without calling out.

For his part, Michael simply watched, smirking a bit at the whole production. At least he was sitting more or less upright, though he leaned back in his chair a bit more than might be considered 'proper'. He wasn't going to spend the whole night uncomfortable.

Looking at the feathered child at the opposite end of the table, he shook his head a bit. Poor kid, growing up with a teacher for a parent. Had to be hard.

And then... ahh... the ice queen.

"Miss Raven, so nice to see you again." Even his best imitation of the elegant manners expected of them couldn't quite keep the amusement from his voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:38 pm

Something was poking Anoki under the table. He'd thought that the shoes were far away enough... so what could it bed? Frowning, he looked around, and then chanced a glance underneath. And spotted bright orange-red toes.

Horrified, Anoki sat up straight again, face stiff. Only once he was sure that no one was looking did he glance at the unknown boy. He was silent, but mouthed "don't tell" slowly and with a great deal of effort. He didn't mean anything by it, his feet just hurt!

"Sir Michael," Raven drawled back. If she had been on her best behavior, she might have been able to keep from looking bored. But she wasn't- saw no point in it- and instead cracked a small, false smile. "It has been a long time, hasn't it?" Though not long enough in her mind.

DivineSaturn
Crew

Madeline Crossette
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:26 pm
((My apologies DS I thought I had fixed that mistake before I posted. An Lithle I could kiss you. ;o; Thanks for reminding everyone to post around Faidrae))

Seating herself Madeline placed her napkin in her lap and looked around to see if anyone else had done so. Ah, such disappointment...then again, why was she expecting anything great to begin with? After doing doctors appointments she realized she could have ended up with a worser lot. Now to correct and continue on. "By the way gentleman, this includes all of you, " piped up the high pitched voice, the teacher shot a glare at Anoki who was now mouthing something to Chath, "...besides the rudeness of your whispering, if you have something to say speak up!...At social events you are to always help a lady to her seat. A man will hold the chair for the woman on his right or left as is in our case. However, ladies..." Madeline now turned to the rest. " Should you arrive before the gentleman seat yourselves with out hesitation."

Now looking at Earako she smiled warmly, what a charming young woman. Lovely, polite, well groomed....her father too seemed impressive. " A gentle reminder, after sitting down one should immediately place their napkin in his or her lap. As I did when I was seated."

This whole affair was becoming terribly stuffy and probably would have continued on if not for the arrival of food. Far from going through the trouble of hiring someone to serve, the teacher had simply enlisted the help of a family friend to serve. The first course, a wonderful garden salad with hearts of palm, strawberries and balsamic, bread of coarse and French Onion soup. Now silence, Madeline would watch, judge and then correct the mistakes she knew were coming. After all ...the children did have three different sets of forks to choose from.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:52 pm
Chath upon hearing the instructors instructions quickly removed his elbow off the table and placed his napkin on his lap. He wasn't exactly sure why this was necessary but he would rather not have the woman scold him. He felt bad that Anoki got in trouble though. He hadn't meant to get the ibex boy scolded.

Seeing the food Chath attempted not to wrinkle his nose. Salad? Bread...and soup. He wondered if there was an order you had to eat these in, he wanted to start with the soup because he knew it would go cold if he ate the salad first. He reached for a spoon...and hesitated.

There were three different spoons...he wasn't sure why, but choose the largest spoon and went to pull the soup towards him. He also picke dup a chunk of bread and dipped a corner of it into the broth, pushing it past the thick layer of cheese that resided on top.

jayoku
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
[Trashbin]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash