Want to Get Into it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Redline01
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:54 pm
While laying in bed one night, you rest yours eyes and slowly try to give in to the dark and cool pleasures of the room. Your arm falls limp and the repeating drum of the ceiling fan begins to whisk you away. Until what seems to be a freight train rolls past at 100 miles an hour. Opening your eyes right away, you stand to attention and glance out your window, pulling the blinds apart with your nimble fingers, you peer into the night.

Groups of people stand outside, some merely spectating while others carry walkie talkies and stopwatches. Your last glimpse of the origin of the sound seems to be a Toyota of some sort with a high looped wing on the back.

"Hmm.." You mention, pulling your hand from the blinds as they snap together. Climbing back into bed, since you have to get up early tomorrow, you set your head back down on the pillow. However, your mind wanders back to the street with the galleries and the racer. It must have been thrilling to push a vehicle to it's limit in a beautiful control....RING RING.

You mutter to yourself as you grab your cellphone. Flipping it open, you don't even bother to open your eyes.

"..What?"

"Hey, it's Rick." The man on the otherside says, jarring your memory. Ah, a friend from school. You had Math class together, he was a character. You had lunch with him a month ago.

"So, whats up?" You ask, trying ever so much to be polite even though you just really want to sleep.

"I've got someplace that you need to come to tomorrow. I just got into this new scene, I think you'll love it."

-----------------

So, after your day of errands, you definately felt like going back home to bed but after dinner with Rick at a local bar, you headed out to the thing that he wanted to show you. He owned a nice car, it was a sporty Audi which made your rust bucket look like ..well, a rust bucket.

Even though you had imagined traveling down a dark, dirt road to find some kind of evil cult, that wasn't the case. You moved down Main Street and then took a left behind some buildings. After following an alleyway, you arrived.

There had to have been more than fifty cars lined up and down this abandoned side street. Some with stunning lights and graphics while others were dropped, some were jacked up, others were sittin' sideways. The commotion was almost deafening as more cars pulled into the lot. Their exhaust's screaming with pressure and power.

Rick tagged your shoulder to gain your attention.

"So, this is the Underground. Racers from counties around meet here every week, on this night. Hundreds of thousands of dollars will be exchanged as these guys run what they brung." He said, pointing to different locations as some people were trading 50-spots and some were holding the Pink Slips to their cars.

"You see that guy?" Rick pointed out, a single man standing next to a few others. He wore a complete suit, black with a white dress shirt and black tie. Regardless of it being close to Midnight, he was sporting obnoxiosly large sunglasses and used a black band to tie off his yuppy-looking ponytail.

Two beautiful blonde ladies joined him soon, wrapping their arms around his. You can hear that their names are "Ulrike" and "Claudia". Next to them however, is a man of a slightly shorter stature, however, his build is much larger. Speaking on a cellphone, he wears a similar suit, however, he wears no tie and his first two buttons are not fastened, exposing his chest. Unlike the other man, he wears normal glasses of a fashionable size.

"Yeah, what about him? He looks like a lawyer." You shoot back at Rick.

"Yeah, well, he'll leave with 20 large today." Rick informed you, your eyes growing wide.

"20 large? You mean 20,000 dollars?"

"Yep."

"Whats he do? Sell drugs?"

"Nope, he puts it on the street. He races."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:58 pm
So, waking up the next morning, you find yourself sitting in the torn seat of your Geo Tracker. Turning the key over, your engine begins to purr to life..or sputter, whichever you prefer, before it dies out. Giving a sigh, you reach into your pocket for change.

--------------

As you step off the bus and glance up at the rickety sign for "Parts and Crap", you sigh heavily. Trudging in, you're met with a man who seems to be disassembling the head of an engine on the counter near the register. He's of hispanic descent and carries a healthy stomach. You're guessing he's the operator of this fine establishment.

"Can I help you?" He says, his voice holding a tinge of angst and 'Go away, I'm busy'.

"Uh, yeah. My car died today, a 1990 Geo Tracker, and I need to get a part for it." You reply, your voice slightly unsure.

"A part? A part? Way to be specific. Look, if that thing is dead, it's like reviving a fat chick! Just no point." He offers, laughing as he sets down his screwdriver.

"Look, how abouts you trade me yer old car and I'll sell ya something till you get back on your feet?" He offers, leaning over the counter, his dirty overalls reaking of oil.

"Uh, I suppose. What do you have?" You ask wearily, your voice trembling with uncertainty. However, the man simply smiled.  

Zon Matsukai
Vice Captain

Zon Matsukai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Getting Started

Great, so you want to roleplay. Awesome. Outstanding, like a warrant.

I'll need you to post the following information in the 'Post your Applications Here' thread. And you MUST fill it out completely.

Gaia Name:
Email:
Character name:
Character Description:
Car or Motorcycle:
Vehicle Preference list:
AWD/RWD/FWD:
4cyl/6cyl/8cyl:
Straight engine/Power Adder:
Sample RP:

Note: You can just copy and paste what's above to make it simpler.

Also, send a friend request to BattleontheStreets. It is the guild account, and also how we send out newsletters about what's going on in the guild.

Now, you'll notice that you have no control over the car you start out with. Now calm down, this is what starts your unique experience. You will get a Beater at first. But, I promise that I will never give you a car that does not have potential. However, you can sell it after a race or so once you have some more money and buy something else if you wish. Or fix it up, the choice is yours.  
Battle on the Streets

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games