Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Can someone comment a new poetry writer.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it good?
  Yes
  no
View Results

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:54 am
Key

I search for a key,a key in this life.
I am not sure if this key will open a door of horror or secrets.
Maybe my true love,Maybe it will open a door to heaven.Or instructions for my life.Maybe this key is false,what if it isnt? I will never know til I find it.But I will find it.God will show me.It will await me.

I will find my key.

I havnt done any editin yet but it seems good to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:53 am
smile I like it! That's really good! I hope you'll write more! cool  

Icestar03

Berezi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:10 pm
My sister, the Gambol, could probably help you more here, but I can tell you one thing - what you have here is very eloqeuently said, but that doesn't make it a poem. You just come right out and say what it is you want the readers to pick up on. Part of the beauty of a poem is that you get to interpret its meaning. There's no dimension to it. I think you have some potential, though. Figure out a way to tell the same message through something less story-like. What you have is more like prose. Believe me, I struggled with that for a while. I've now come to the conclusion that poetry is not for me. I ramble too much.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:51 am
take this up with paige, shes the best poet i know personally. but me, being a lyric writer, and everyonce in awhile writing a poem, i think its pretty good, and heres something i know from experience. the more you write, the better you get, trust me, i've writen 47 songs, i've gotten pretty good, it only makes sense, so keep it up. If you got an idea for a poem, dont put it off, GET IT ON PAPER, you'll forget it as quickly as you came up with it.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Berezi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:59 am
thrashmetaljunkie
take this up with paige, shes the best poet i know personally. but me, being a lyric writer, and everyonce in awhile writing a poem, i think its pretty good, and heres something i know from experience. the more you write, the better you get, trust me, i've writen 47 songs, i've gotten pretty good, it only makes sense, so keep it up. If you got an idea for a poem, dont put it off, GET IT ON PAPER, you'll forget it as quickly as you came up with it.
Geez! That's a lot of songs!

But yeah, do what he said, keep at it! Keep practicing and always accept critiques. If someone says your work is good with no explanation, ask why. If someone says your work is bad with no explanation, ask why. I guarantee you that if you always bear what people tell you in mind, you'll get better and better at it, just like trashmetaljunkie said.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:27 pm
thrashmetaljunkie

Ditto to the getting it on paper. Sometimes when i'm really vexed or just depresssed i will get crazy amazing poems. Only they float out of your head as soon as they float in.  

Siren of Saturn

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff