Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:38 pm
User Image

Kenai yawned slightly, he was lazing beside a watering hole that fell between the pride lands and the gravyard. The sun was beaming down on him and the only reason he could stand the head was because it was nearing the day's end, give or take a couple of hours.

The male juvenile shifted slightly, rolling to his other side. His dark eyes half shut, the very tip of his tail flicking occationally. This was one of the things he enjoyed doing mos.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:43 pm
User Image

Aadil had been out strolling, her favorite time of the day was the night and she was impatiently awaiting it's arrival. She spotted a young male lieing on his side. she wasn't around to see him move and was so far off that she couldn't quite make out the movement in his tail

"Oh dear! Are you alright?!" Aadil called and quickened her pace. "Are you alright!" she called again, louder and more impatient. What if he really was hurt?

She stopped short just before colliding with the little body.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:48 pm
Kenai's ears pricked up slightly and he sort of rolls, sort of stumbles to his paws. He twisted himself about, having to back into the water slightly and in a rush, until his surprised eyes landed on the adult female before him.

He smiled in an unsure manner, looking slightly embaressed. "Yes I'm fine... I was just sun-bathing.." He said slowly, though he knew right away how she could think he might be hurt, laying around like that in the middle of no where.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:55 pm
"Oh thank goodness," she huffed a little trying to catch her breath, she was used to a laxed pace and didn't move quickly at all. "I didn't mean to startle you if I did, sorry."

Aadil's mind raced, what if the little one would have been hurt? What could she have possibly done for him?
"I'm..um.. Aadil," she said awkwardly trying to back track from her mistake of thinking he was hurt or worse.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:01 pm
Kenai's smile broadened and he moved forward again, out of the water. "Oh no, I'm sorry for startling you, I guess I gave you a fright. It's nice to meet you Aadil, i've never heard of a name like that." He liked the name, it was a nice change from often constanant-first names. The only lion he knew that had a simular name was his brother in law, Uumi. And that still wasn't quite the same.

"My name is Kenai." He said, almost forgetting to introduce himself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:10 pm
"Sunbathing, huh? You could give a girl a heart attack!" She snickered and looked around the area. The light brown female looked pretty unhealthy, her fur was clumped and caked in mud, a closer inspection would prove that patches have already fallen out.

"Well that makes two of us, I've never heard of Kenai as a name, pleasure to meet your aquaintance. And why are you out here all alone?" The mother inside of her wouldn't let her thoughts that children should be attended leave, she was still worried for him.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:17 pm
He smiled a little more embaressedly, nodding. "Next time I'll sunbath some place safer." He murmered, His gaze flicking over her fur. Did she not take baths? Well actually bathing was a lot harder when your mother wasn't around to remind you, but he doubted that was the real case.

"Because Taabu, that's who im here with.. he's my nephew! Well he's... off somewhere, and I'm waiting around for him to come back." Not once had Kenai ever thought something bag had happen to his friend, Taabu was too smart. Kenai thought he was a genious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:24 pm
"Your nehpew, wow, you must have a huge family!" Aadil had always wanted a family, the thought just wasn't in the cards she was dealt. "I've just got me, my self, and I. Well... I can't say that I do sort of have a mate," she babbled a lot too. "Well maybe you should find Taabu? Do you think that he could be in some sort of trouble?"  

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:31 pm
Kenai nodded his head quickly. "Yes, my family is very big... Where is your mate?" He asked, curiousity getting the better of him.

At her question he shook his head, looking a little worried and surprised. "Hurt? I hope not... Taabu is really smart, so... " He shrugged, looking uncomfortable. "Besides, I dont know where he is exactly. Looking for him could turn out a bad thing."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:48 pm
"My mate is around her somewhere, he's got a wandering spirit and doesn't like to stay in one place too long," she nodded asnwering him, her tail twitched back and forth. Little lions were the cutest thing in existance. Mvumo was a wanderer and she wasn't sure if that would cause for trouble between them, Aadil liked to stay around the same area and wander specific parts of that area.

"Why would it turn out a bad thing?"

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:58 pm
So her mate was a traveler! That was so cool, Kenai wished that he could meet the lion. But he wasn't around, so it wasn't possible.

He hesitated, he didn't really like admitting things like this, but truth was truth. "Well ma'am, Taabu is far smarter than me and could probably pull his way through a tight situation... and I don't think I could. Looking for someone gets lions in tight situations, sometimes. Plus I could get lost... Or taabu could come back to find that I'd left, then he might think something happened to me and it would be a cycle." Well, in ways he hoped it would turn into a cycle. How would he feel if Taabu knew he was missing and didn't look for him?

"He's alright, im sure of it."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:42 pm
"I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit, little one," She purred, "I bet that you're just as smart as your little friend."

did no one teach self esteem anymore? This cub was clearly intelligent, why didn't he feel it?

"So.. where are you a Pridelander? Where are your parents?"

She felt awkward asking him questions, she was still concerned for his safety, he may have had a friend but he was obviously missing in action.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:39 pm
Kenai gave a little chuckle. "You've never met Taabu before. He can make himself sound smarter than even most adults I know.." He murmered, and shrugged his shoulders. Taabu wasn't as out going as Kenai though, or as nice. But those were his own private thoughts on the matter, and he wasn't sure he was ready to share them with any other.

"Pridelands? No.. Taabu says his grandma is the ruler there.." He said, slowly. "She isn't related to me, though." Something about Uumi, Kenai though. The family was so big, it was usually confusing. "My mum and papa are down south, in the Kusini'Mwezi lands.." He grinned, tail curling about him as he sat down. He didn't mention, as he often forgot to, that his parents ruled there. Such trivial matters slipped his mind, when concerning himself. "It's really nice. I like that water there... It's too bad there's not more water around the lands, don't you think?" Kenai was much more comfortable on a rocky bank than a grassy feild.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:47 pm
"Well, hopefully your smart little friend stays out of trouble and the two of you can meet up later," Aadil answered skeptically.
"Oh, water? I really do enjoy swimming. That's why I'm usually caked in mud. Maybe someday I will have to travel to the Kusini lands? I have never ventured away from here, the Pridelands have been my home since I was a cub." she mused it over, "I've never actually met any of the royal family here, or even really talked to pride members."

Her shoulders lifted in a half shrug and she continued to smile. She wasn't going to explain that one of the reasons she never spoke to the members was that she was afraid of rejection, that and because of the way she looked.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:54 pm
Kenai nodded. "Oh that would be fun, if you visited sometime in the futre." He'd never had anyone visit him before, it would be interesting.

"Well Taabu says his grandma is really nice... But maybe that's because he's her grandson, I dunno. His dad is pretty mean... He's scary, I don't like going near him. My papa says Uumi.. that's Taabu's dad.. well he says he looks like a firekin devil and he doesn't deserve to be in the lands." Well he certainly was chatty, wasn't he? "But Taabu love his dad a lot.. and so does my sister, I guess." That was why she was still with Uumi, or so Kenai thought. He hardly ever talked to his older siblings.

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff