Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
should I join the Marines Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuyana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:57 pm
So the marines want me to join. My mother is very against it. in the bible it says honor your mother and father that your days maybe long. if I disobey her then I am not honoring her even if I am 18. Also the MArines are taught to kill, thou shall not kill I don't believe in killing I believe in forgiveness, because if you cannot forgive your neighbor then God will not forgive you..the problem is THE marines won't take no for an answer.. I get all ready to say no then some how they pursuade me into thinking about it cause I'm still 17 I hate dissapointing people but I've gone as far as to doing those like practice things.. <_< I guess I already know the answer ..no I shouldn't join .  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:58 pm
I should really change my signature... whee  

Fuyana

Ginger Snapple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:41 pm
Well instead of dishonoring your mother and doing what shes against, maybe you can talk to her about it? Talk to her about why you would like to join the Marines, whether its for the sense of pride or honor.
Also, Marines are taught to kill the enmy. They arnt taught to just go out into a street and kill whoever looks like would make it intersting. It's the same with all the armed forces. They don't go out to kill, they go out to fight and protect what they love. Marines are taught to protect themselves and others. And sometimes protection might mean killing someone.
Thats how I see it.
Marines is a hard life for a woman, its hard enough to get in as a female, so you really are achiving something if you ever get in.
Best of luck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:40 am
There are two very important decisions in anybody's life:

1) when or who to kill
2) why and how you die

By joining any branch of the military, surrender those decisions to somebody else. Is that really what you want, especially if it will cause grief to your mother?  

mahjqa

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 am
That's the same reason why I wouldn't ever join the military in any way. I know that I would be trained to kill and would have that chance of having it happen even if it's in the national guard. Plus would you want to gamble whether or not you're going to go to Iraq?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:02 am
Ginger Snapple
Well instead of dishonoring your mother and doing what shes against, maybe you can talk to her about it? Talk to her about why you would like to join the Marines, whether its for the sense of pride or honor.
Also, Marines are taught to kill the enmy. They arnt taught to just go out into a street and kill whoever looks like would make it intersting. It's the same with all the armed forces. They don't go out to kill, they go out to fight and protect what they love. Marines are taught to protect themselves and others. And sometimes protection might mean killing someone.
Thats how I see it.
Marines is a hard life for a woman, its hard enough to get in as a female, so you really are achiving something if you ever get in.
Best of luck.

Killing is still killing period. No matter what. You're still taking another life. And how do you know that person you killed is the "enemy"? You don't know that especially if they are wearing civilian clothes. We are also taught to love our enemies aren't we? So if you kill them how are you loving them?  

LittlePinky82

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:41 pm
on a less basic level than biblical, what is the us really fighting for anyway? look at the politics. we basically kill for money, power and fear. yes, we cover it over with a picture of happy children and "our american lifestyle", pastel colors and a heil to fuhrer, but why do we really need to fight to do what we claim we do?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:19 pm
divineseraph
on a less basic level than biblical, what is the us really fighting for anyway? look at the politics. we basically kill for money, power and fear. yes, we cover it over with a picture of happy children and "our american lifestyle", pastel colors and a heil to fuhrer, but why do we really need to fight to do what we claim we do?

That is true. You should try to find the final farewell speech from President Eisenhower where he talks about exactly what you're talking about. He calls it the military industrial complex and how they use situations to make them worse and get into war to spend money to make money. It's very disgusting. And on another topic I as a pro-choice woman without children find your signature very insulting. I'm pro-choice because I believe in freewill. Not because I have no children (I'm too young).  

LittlePinky82

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:38 am
Marines arent trained to kill.
They are trained to serve amd protect.
If you are to read the (Sorry its early I cant spell) Declartion Of Independence.
IT says somewhere it maybe nessary to use force to protect our freedom,and rememeber the Free Masons,and this country was founding on some christians.
But for honoring your mother and father i can see how they feel.
Over theres trouble,but they should honor as your parents you choice.
I say go for it.

God bless you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:50 pm
I don't think that justified war is against the bible, look at the old testiment. and the states will probably never go to war without justification eg to overthrough dictator etc, there will undoubtedly be hidden motives and politcs driveng the campains and it is wether you are willing to be a part of that, If you are willing to devote your life in such a way despite of this go for it. HOWEVER if you have ever looked at a peice of military action carried out by the states and gone 'how could they do that, that evil' then don't join because you will be a part of that  

da_wall

ShakouMari-na

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:26 pm
Well, that all depends.

Do you want to go into the Marines? If so, then I say go for it!

You can honor your mother and disagree with her at the same time. I agree with most of the other people here, talk to her. Tell her your reasons for wanting to join. Maybe you two can just agree to disagree, at worst.

Isn't the commandment "Thou shalt not murder?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:55 pm
God says do not murder...
But what about when Israel had to defend herself from her enemy's? She had to kill..she is the Lord's chosen people. If the Marines had to kill to protect Israel..or something that was doing the Lords work *going to Iraq and helping to kill off the people that want to kill Gods chosen people i think would qualify*.
I've wanted to go into some branch of Military..particualry the Marines for about a year. Some for the wrong reasons..(i wanted to die..and if i could die in honor for my country then it would be better then killing myself) But i wanted to do something that would do some good in someone else's life.  

Siren of Saturn

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:20 am
LittlePinky82
divineseraph

That is true. You should try to find the final farewell speech from President Eisenhower where he talks about exactly what you're talking about. He calls it the military industrial complex and how they use situations to make them worse and get into war to spend money to make money. It's very disgusting. And on another topic I as a pro-choice woman without children find your signature very insulting. I'm pro-choice because I believe in freewill. Not because I have no children (I'm too young).

hai, the military does tend to show up at the right time. we are rarely out of a war for more than 5 years.

the signature does not make fun of women without children, it makes fun of the double-standard between men who choose to be childfree by running off, and women who choose to be childfree by killing their offspring. and here is something to think about- if you truly respect free will, you shuld be for the killing of born humans. who are you to say they can't? and who is to say they matter in the first place? it is all based on morality, after all. a nihilist would say that nobody really exists at all, so killing them would be equal to taking a breath or kicking a clod of dirt. nihilistic morals would find murdder acceptable. who are you to override their morals, and their free will?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:48 pm
Quote:
(divineseraph's signature business)

As not to derail the topic at hand, I've made another topic about it.  

mahjqa

Elliot Reilly McMonty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:29 pm
My advice would be to not join the Marines. Sure, there are great benefits like the free college and the respect and all, but you are willingly sinning, and, as you will find when you die, would be in a very sticky situation. You'd think you were saving people, but you're not. Why save them? They will be brought to God with one of the greatest blessings: innocent death. You wouldn't. This is probably one of the most common mistakes. People think killing in defense is fine, but doesn't this just exhibit a lack of trust in God? When he ordered to not kill, He meant to NOT KILL. The enemy is not the "enemy", but simply a mislead soul, and, no matter how strange and desperate things may seem, we must believe that God will make everything turn out alright as he promised.

Sorry if I blabbed a lot. I don't mean to sound accusing . . .  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff