Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I am so sick of this. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rho Contour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:48 pm
I just quit MPL because of all the crap going on in there. MySpoonIsTooBig made a thread titled "ATTN: BUSH LOVERS" and wanted people who supported bush to post reasons why he is a good president or whatever. And all of a sudden, this girl posts all this stuff about how she's mexican, lesbien, and all this other stuff and how she hates bush. I don't know how to respond to these people! I really need help! I want to help them change, but they want nothing to do with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:52 pm
Anyone? sad  

Rho Contour

Kyoni Dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:53 pm
I'm here and responding... just letting you know since it might be long.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:55 pm
.x.Becki.x.
I just quit MPL because of all the crap going on in there. MySpoonIsTooBig made a thread titled "ATTN: BUSH LOVERS" and wanted people who supported bush to post reasons why he is a good president or whatever. And all of a sudden, this girl posts all this stuff about how she's mexican, lesbien, and all this other stuff and how she hates bush. I don't know how to respond to these people! I really need help! I want to help them change, but they want nothing to do with it.
Remember, we were giving freewill to do as we chose, some people may not want to hear it, you cant just shove your beliefs down some ones throat, it dosent ork that way. I understand you want to help these people, but keep in mind that people will only hear the truth, if they want to hear the truth. So dont get discouraged. BUT, you have planted the seed of the Lord in their hearts, regardless if they seemed to have cared or not, it IS there, and perhaps, God will work in their lives, and they will come to see the truth, but you can take comfort in knowing that, even though you may have not completely changed them, you gave it a start. a small 1, but its started.  

thrashmetaljunkie

Rho Contour

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:55 pm
Dizzy Rydell
I'm here and responding... just letting you know since it might be long.

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:03 pm
Ok, to start, specifically for that girl... If you want, tell her that Bush has nothing against mexicans (i have no idea where she got that)...

anyway. Bush may not be the best president, but he is our president and his decisions are what count. Also, try researching some facts about him. Unemployment rates have gotten incredibly better since he's been in office. there's a lot of other stuff... sure there are downsides but there would be with any other president with everything that has happened (9/11 and all). And also, people always seem to blame the president for things that they dont know who else to blame... Im not sure if im helping, but i guess the only advice i have left to give is that everyone has their own opinions... some people like bush, some people dont... a lot of the teens that dont are just influenced by their friends and the music they like... they dont know what else to think because they havnt looked at the facts for themselves...  

Kyoni Dizzy

Tarrou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:10 pm
Firstly, being a liberal (or for that matter, being a conservative who disagrees with Dubya, i.e. William F. Buckley) does not mean that someone is in need of 'help'. If you want to convince them of your position, that's fine; but to say that you want to 'help' them implies that there is something wrong with them and that it needs to be fixed, which is certainly not the case. As for debating them, I'd recommend reading the paper every day. That ought to give you enough of a handle on current events to at least make a competent argument.

Dizzy: Please note that unemployment has not gotten at all better during Bush's time as president. (See below.) While it's true that unemployment has been falling since about 2004, it's still higher than it was when Bush took office. And yes, there are downsides to every president's tenure in the Oval Office, but there's a case to be made that Bush's has had more downsides than average, although I won't go into detail on that topic here.

Unemployment statistics, 1992 to present. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:16 pm
I suppose I could have my facts mixed up... It was probably homelessness or something that has improved... I know that there is something important in that general area that has significantly improved during bush's presidency.  

Kyoni Dizzy

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:30 pm
Why do you care about other people's opinions? I can't stand Bush and think he's a murder and deserves to rot in the Hague until his dying days for all he's done to my country whether it's with the economy or the Constitution. Why are you defending someone who has lied to you and to God and broke his oath of office and a promise to God?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:31 pm
thrashmetaljunkie
.x.Becki.x.
Remember, we were giving freewill to do as we chose, some people may not want to hear it, you cant just shove your beliefs down some ones throat, it dosent ork that way. I understand you want to help these people, but keep in mind that people will only hear the truth, if they want to hear the truth. So dont get discouraged. BUT, you have planted the seed of the Lord in their hearts, regardless if they seemed to have cared or not, it IS there, and perhaps, God will work in their lives, and they will come to see the truth, but you can take comfort in knowing that, even though you may have not completely changed them, you gave it a start. a small 1, but its started.

And I'm always going to tell the truth about Bush. That he's a murdering b*****d who has done more harm to my country. And what does someone being a lesbian have to do with the truth? Jesus Christ NEVER talked about gay people PERIOD. Never. And isn't he supposed to be God in the flesh?  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:36 pm
Dizzy Rydell
Ok, to start, specifically for that girl... If you want, tell her that Bush has nothing against mexicans (i have no idea where she got that)...

anyway. Bush may not be the best president, but he is our president and his decisions are what count. Also, try researching some facts about him. Unemployment rates have gotten incredibly better since he's been in office. there's a lot of other stuff... sure there are downsides but there would be with any other president with everything that has happened (9/11 and all). And also, people always seem to blame the president for things that they dont know who else to blame... Im not sure if im helping, but i guess the only advice i have left to give is that everyone has their own opinions... some people like bush, some people dont... a lot of the teens that dont are just influenced by their friends and the music they like... they dont know what else to think because they havnt looked at the facts for themselves...

He is the WORST "president" in history and he stole both elections. He NEVER won either elections. He's a thief and a liar. You are wrong about unemployment rates. They have gotten worse. Why? Because you are no longer counted after so many months on unemployment. That is why people have that fake myth out there about the economy. If we had such a good economy why is it we have a huge defecit that does not include Iraq and/or Afghainstan? Oops. So much for that claim. And Bush allowed 9/11 to happen on HIS watch. HE allowed over 3,000 people to die and didn't try to stop it! And it happend on purpose. If they really did nothing on 9/11 NORAD would have come in and stopped the plane's like they were supposed to but they didn't. They purposley stopped it. Oh you mean like when rightwingers blame Clinton for everything? rolleyes LOL! And you're going to claim who people are influenced by? Oh I see. So I guess teenagers don't have a mind of themselves and can't make up their own mind. Why don't you just speak for yourself? You should be the one to talk about looking at the facts. While Bush is preaching about being oh so holy and that stem cell research is murder he has sent thousands of Iraqi's to their deaths from his lies. He's a hypocrite.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:37 pm
Dizzy Rydell
I suppose I could have my facts mixed up... It was probably homelessness or something that has improved... I know that there is something important in that general area that has significantly improved during bush's presidency.

NOTHING has improved under Bush. And you know though what has improved though? He's united the democratic party and they're still united which in of itself is pretty amazing to me.  

LittlePinky82

Spartan1989

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:15 pm
Just because a man is in a position of power gives no one the right to attack him. Personaly i Dont like Bush's politics either but he has done good for our country and it doesn't make him any less of a human than you or I. Would you rather have fidel castro as our president? Be thankful to God about where you are born instead of complaining about it. Would you rather be in North Korea, where proclaiming the name of the Lord is illegal? People should stop and think how blessed they are to be living in America.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:52 pm
LittlePinky82
And Bush allowed 9/11 to happen on HIS watch. HE allowed over 3,000 people to die and didn't try to stop it! And it happend on purpose. If they really did nothing on 9/11 NORAD would have come in and stopped the plane's like they were supposed to but they didn't.
Now now, remember Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. It's worth noting that NORAD, among others, was engaged in a series of war games on the morning of September 11th, 2001, which may have significantly impaired their ability to respond to a real attack. Moreover, in June of that year, the Joint Chiefs of Staff had enacted new Department of Defense procedures for dealing with hijacked aircraft. The new regulations required that the Secretary of Defense personally approve any 'potentially lethal support'—i.e. shooting down planes—thus rendering field commanders unable to react quickly to a threat such as the one posed by the 9/11 hijackers. That September 11th happened was, to my mind, the result not of a malicious plot but of a tragic confluence of ineptitude and poor policy.

Spartan1989
Just because a man is in a position of power gives no one the right to attack him.

Nonsense. The right to criticize the government, and by extension the people who run it, is central to what a democracy is. Freedom of speech isn't that useful if we can't direct it toward the people in power—indeed, that would be quite the opposite of freedom of speech.

Quote:
Would you rather have fidel castro as our president? Be thankful to God about where you are born instead of complaining about it. Would you rather be in North Korea, where proclaiming the name of the Lord is illegal? People should stop and think how blessed they are to be living in America.

Indeed, we're quite lucky; however, that's a false dilemma you're proposing there. It's not a choice between Bush or Castro, or between the U.S. and North Korea. There are many, many other politicians in this country that would be a better president than Bush, and the U.S. isn't the only free country in the world. And I take issue with the idea that, since the U.S. is better off than many other countries in the world, then we should all just shut up about its failings. No. We have a great country here, but it could be better, and it's my prerogative to say as much.  

Tarrou

Spartan1989

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:00 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
LittlePinky82
And Bush allowed 9/11 to happen on HIS watch. HE allowed over 3,000 people to die and didn't try to stop it! And it happend on purpose. If they really did nothing on 9/11 NORAD would have come in and stopped the plane's like they were supposed to but they didn't.
Now now, remember Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. It's worth noting that NORAD, among others, was engaged in a series of war games on the morning of September 11th, 2001, which may have significantly impaired their ability to respond to a real attack. Moreover, in June of that year, the Joint Chiefs of Staff had enacted new Department of Defense procedures for dealing with hijacked aircraft. The new regulations required that the Secretary of Defense personally approve any 'potentially lethal support'—i.e. shooting down planes—thus rendering field commanders unable to react quickly to a threat such as the one posed by the 9/11 hijackers. That September 11th happened was, to my mind, the result not of a malicious plot but of a tragic confluence of ineptitude and poor policy.

Spartan1989
Just because a man is in a position of power gives no one the right to attack him.

Nonsense. The right to criticize the government, and by extension the people who run it, is central to what a democracy is. Freedom of speech isn't that useful if we can't direct it toward the people in power—indeed, that would be quite the opposite of freedom of speech.

Quote:
Would you rather have fidel castro as our president? Be thankful to God about where you are born instead of complaining about it. Would you rather be in North Korea, where proclaiming the name of the Lord is illegal? People should stop and think how blessed they are to be living in America.

Indeed, we're quite lucky; however, that's a false dilemma you're proposing there. It's not a choice between Bush or Castro, or between the U.S. and North Korea. There are many, many other politicians in this country that would be a better president than Bush, and the U.S. isn't the only free country in the world. And I take issue with the idea that, since the U.S. is better off than many other countries in the world, then we should all just shut up about its failings. No. We have a great country here, but it could be better, and it's my prerogative to say as much.

Atackking Bush and calling him a murderous b*****d is not patriotic and is not Christian like either. Yes, we all do have theright to criticize and as patriot's we should criticize, BUT NOT ATTACK A PERSON. and as for the castro vs. bush and the US Vs. North Korea, I am just using it as an example of how blessed we are to be living in a nation that lets us believe so freely.

and maybe you missed the point where i said i didnt agree with Bush's politics either...  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff