0%  [ 0 ]
My mind is too vapid to form an opinion
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

NECRO DISASTER
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:13 am
I saw it last night, and I have to say, I loved every last second of it. Not only did they fail to get anything wrong, but they also managed to get so many things absolutely right...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:19 am
What's H2G2? Some sort of new age star wars thing?  

Evilconqueso
Crew

Mr Legion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:22 am
Evilconqueso
What's H2G2? Some sort of new age star wars thing?

eek OMGWTFROFLZ!!! Go here immediately: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie website.

Then go read the books. Study them closely. Meditate on their meaning. Appreciate their nuances, as you would those of a fine wine. Name your children after the characters...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:56 am
Also run away, before one of us kills you. 3nodding  

NECRO DISASTER
Crew

Mystrunner
Crew

Dapper Gaian

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:25 pm
*Begins to run about, ranting and waving arms.*  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:23 pm
I thought it was decent... i loved the book much more. It has been a long while since i've read it though, so i'm not sure if it's just like how i thought it would be. One thing that i... well... thought maayybe coulda been better was Zaphod's extra head. Ionno... for some reason I thought it was right next to his other one instead of hidden. *shrugs* That and even though i truly loved the introduction... I love the intro in the book better, where it talks about a man getting nailed to a tree for saying that everybody should be nice to each other for a change... yeah.

Well... that's my thought on the movie... oh that and i thought it was really good. *nods*  

animus
Crew

NECRO DISASTER
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:30 am
animus
One thing that i... well... thought maayybe coulda been better was Zaphod's extra head. Ionno... for some reason I thought it was right next to his other one instead of hidden.

In the book it is, but if you've ever seen the TV drama thingy you'd know just how stupid that looks when you put it into practice.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:06 pm
Hallainzil
animus
One thing that i... well... thought maayybe coulda been better was Zaphod's extra head. Ionno... for some reason I thought it was right next to his other one instead of hidden.

In the book it is, but if you've ever seen the TV drama thingy you'd know just how stupid that looks when you put it into practice.

lol...there was a tv thingy too? sweet... i see... so it looked even worse eh? Well... it 'twas good nonetheless. 3nodding

another thing i had heard about the robot was that they laughed at how large his head was... they said they just reeeally felt like running up to him and pushing him over on his back just to watch him try and get back up. Heh, being that top heavy it would be kinda funny. ^^  

animus
Crew

Skullock
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:54 pm
You just have to take the changes in stride. The book is different from the radio show, the TV show was different from them, why shouldn't the movie still be different. Keeps you on your toes.

I loved the movie, sound track was fantastic as well.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:29 am
Thanks to the buggering of my friends, you guys, and my significant other, but mainly the Douglas Adams collection going on sale for ten bucks, the books are on my to do list. Right after I finish Catch-22.  

Evilconqueso
Crew

Rivkeh
Crew

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:24 am
I enjoyed the movie, although I have tosay that they did make my favorite, Ford, a non-character... he just wasn't what he should have been... and I don't think it's Mos Def's fault, I think it might have been the director.

It also ended totally too optomistically. I dunno. I was a little upset.

And yet I will also buy it. stressed

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:38 pm
Haha! The bright points were the guide entries, I daresay. Especially the last one, in the credits. 3nodding  

Mystrunner
Crew

Dapper Gaian

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NECRO DISASTER
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:22 pm
Stephen Fry was simply ideal for the role.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:01 pm
Mystrunner
Haha! The bright points were the guide entries, I daresay. Especially the last one, in the credits. 3nodding

yeah, but i wanted the guide to explain the many uses of the towel... and in the beginning talk about how one guy was nailed to a tree for telling people of his idea about being good to one another for a change, and about the one lady who finally found something extremely significant out but the world blew up before she was able to reach a pay phone. *sigh* a couple of my personal favorites.  

animus
Crew

Rivkeh
Crew

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:58 pm
Yeah, the towel thing confused most people I've talked to, and I've explained it to them. rolleyes  
The Boardroom of E-vil

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff