Reply Nintendo Defenders
Sony fileing a suicide notice! read the topic! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SONY IS DYING!
  YES! YES OH GOD YES!! THANK YOU GOD!!
  I dont see why you're so concerned, but whatever.
  I dont care about sony, I want my Wii!
View Results

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:30 pm
as per recent information I've gathered, sony has pretty much signed a suicide note.

to be more specific, sony is making enough internal problems to put Nintendo on the map once more and possibly make Nintendo #1 once more. ^_^

PS3 flaws.

$500-$600 price tag.

laggy regurgitated PS controller with tilt sensor.

EXPENSIVE Blue Ray DVD development

game registration

this is based on something another forum displayed to me.

sony is going to use their software that was patented that forbids you from game shareing.

you cant share your PS3 games with other PS3 players. so if you bring your PS3 game to a friends house to play on their PS3, you get a error screen and their game is incompatable with your PS3.

this is pretty much sony's business sense.

unrelyable console +
game registration to one console cereal number +
laggy controller

big money for sony = no money for gamers

sony has been notorious for making their devices unrelyable, and with game/console registration you'll be forced to buy a new PS3 when it crashes, and then a new copy of the same game you have because it's not going to play on your new PS3 since it was registered to the PS3 that crashed. resulting in you being forcedto buy a set of new controllers and quite possibly repurchasing your entire PS3 library.

this is pretty much a nail in sony's coffin. one I've been hammering since sony first thought they could compete in the long run with Nintendo.

*hammers a coffin for sony PS3* what? even ninjas have to give a burial to their enemies once slain. though I'm not gonna be doing the slaying. ^_^

BTW: what do you think of my new cape? ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:39 pm
oh sweet heavenly yes.

meh its alright.  

Rockman JET

TurMacar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:11 pm
Nice.

...personally I think the dark set looks best complete....but it is a nice cape. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:41 pm
I'm trying to go for a ninja look, I need an ancient Katana. could you donate to my cause? I have about 4000 gold so far. even just the item will be fine. I'll point out who helped me reach my goal in my profile.  

RAPTOR948

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:57 pm
Alright just to make this clear, the thing about Sony games not being shared is ONLY a rumor. Nothing more.

With that out of the way, this isnt a suicide for Sony. Is it good for them? heavens no, its bad. But certainnly not on the brink of suicidal. To be fair with Sony, if the Wii's controller doesnt work as it should, Nintendo is screwed. Considering the controller is therre big selling point. Although im hoping that the controller will be good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:54 am
from what I seem so far about the Wiimote, it's guaranteed to sell. even if people done feel perceptive to the name Wii, they'll remember it's project name describes it's play style to a bullseye. REVOLUTION!

and last I checked sony was gonna use the no-share software to make their sales rocket. Blue Ray is expensive so thats a bad point for sony.

if I had to buy a console other than Wii it would be Xbox 360 with HD DVD. at least with HD you get Blue Ray type quality but more affordable.

but since I dont have to buy more than one console, I'll get me a Wii to enjoy my gaming.

I read up in the latest Gamepro that Wii supports DVD, so wii might see some DVD movie action. ^_^  

RAPTOR948

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Ooh! I hope Sony doesn't do too badly with all of that going on. sweatdrop

But on a side note, the cape looks great. 3nodding

Edit: Although, as much as I don't play Sony, I have to wonder where you got the source for some of this stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not too fond of Sony either, but I just want to know where you got this.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:06 pm
The_Ky-Guy
Ooh! I hope Sony doesn't do too badly with all of that going on. sweatdrop

But on a side note, the cape looks great. 3nodding

Edit: Although, as much as I don't play Sony, I have to wonder where you got the source for some of this stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not too fond of Sony either, but I just want to know where you got this.

my sources are abound on the internet. Resident Evil Militia, Gamespot, Robotech.com, and psychic intuition thanks to my psychic potential. a psychic must be belived, because it seperates the wise from the foolish.

seriously, why the hell do you think televangelists demonize psychics? it's because psychics always expose televangelists as greedy assholes. there may be the exception to it with a televangelist who may actually have a heart in the right place.  

RAPTOR948

Chaos_The_Chosen_One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:05 am
wow... I do plan to get a PS2 though. Just because I love Rps and that's what Playstation has, the best damn RPGS!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:19 pm
you aint played Baten Kaitos then. good game, very challenging, and the story is very compelling. my bro beat it, he knows from experience. though you gotta do a magnum card battle systel, it's still pretty good, you rely on combos based on luck and skill, and with so many Magnus to collect, you are guaranteed a long journey, and things age, like if you take a picture, you can see it as a blank photo, and as you let it age it'll become something worth selling for cash at a shop. let rice age into ricewhine, or let a lump of lava turn into lavarock. it's a very deep game, and the characters you can get into real easy, you'll feel love, hate, and fear with each baddie. the thing to get over is the pre-rendered backgrounds, it's Gamecube, not PS2, but it's Namco who made Baten Kaitos.

in retrospect FF7 wasnt that deep a game, it used religious refrences to make it seem deeper, and forced character personalities.(Cloud started out not giving s hit about anyone but himself and then somehow after a few meetings with Aeris he becomes the steriotype hero, a forced personality change).

I say wait until Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess comes out for GC and Wii, and play through the deep story, I'll even recomend Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker(otherwise called Celda for it's Cell shaded effects).  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:59 pm
There's just one problem with the argument about Sony going down after they rip off the world.
Sony will undoubtably still have fans.

It's too bad. I'm sure they could have kept up the competition with a good system were they not retarded, but quite frankly, the system information isn't pleasing, and there won't even be any games I'm interested in, save for DMC4 and MGS4.

I was recently wondering how they will handle the refund/ exchange/ replacement policy on the PS3 when the problems arise.
Xbox 360 has been doing alright, but there are still lot's of issues with them, and people are still angry.

Sony is notorious for horrible refund or exhange policies, and with the PS3 price insane as it is, plus the system specific game issue, it will undoubtedly be a pretty penny for those who get bad eggs.
A pretty penny not worth paying, IMO.

Even if I was inetrested in buying it, not only could I not afford it, I would literally be scared to buy it, because I could lose a lot of money.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:10 pm
RAPTOR948
you aint played Baten Kaitos then. good game, very challenging, and the story is very compelling. my bro beat it, he knows from experience. though you gotta do a magnum card battle systel, it's still pretty good, you rely on combos based on luck and skill, and with so many Magnus to collect, you are guaranteed a long journey, and things age, like if you take a picture, you can see it as a blank photo, and as you let it age it'll become something worth selling for cash at a shop. let rice age into ricewhine, or let a lump of lava turn into lavarock. it's a very deep game, and the characters you can get into real easy, you'll feel love, hate, and fear with each baddie. the thing to get over is the pre-rendered backgrounds, it's Gamecube, not PS2, but it's Namco who made Baten Kaitos.

in retrospect FF7 wasnt that deep a game, it used religious refrences to make it seem deeper, and forced character personalities.(Cloud started out not giving s hit about anyone but himself and then somehow after a few meetings with Aeris he becomes the steriotype hero, a forced personality change).

I say wait until Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess comes out for GC and Wii, and play through the deep story, I'll even recomend Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker(otherwise called Celda for it's Cell shaded effects).

I've never played Baten Kaitos, but I heard the card battle system was one of it's biggest problems, due to it's randomness.

Ragrdless, FF7 was a good game.
Overhyped sure, but it was good.
It's true it wasn't all that deep if you understood it, but if you can honestly tell me you could see every plot twist that came your way, I'd bet you were were lying.
It was also quite easy to get into, and had a story that played out incredibly well.

Anyway, Zelda IMO, has never been deep, unless you go into a "what if debate" about something like OOC's time travel, and even then, that's discussion outside the game.
It's a fun series, with good idea's, enjoyable characters and stories, but deep, it is not. Not to me anyway.
Wind Waker was fun though. Too short, but very fun. Then again, I love cell shaded graphics, and it did pretty much continue OOC, which I really liked.
I also enjoyed the lightheartedness of it.

Anyway, I'll be picking up TLOZ: TP for GC, and playing it on my Wii when it's out.  

stythe

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:57 pm
well I still dissaprove of sony.

$500-$600 for a console, and $100 a game, and with console registration, I'm not paying that! that would be over 1K with at least 6 or more games! and if PS3 crashes while in use, that means you gotta buy a new PS3, and ALL the games you bought all over again! and possibly even replay your lost data! which is too much time and money wasted on sony!

if I get a Wii for the $200-$250 price, and $60 games, I save quite a lot compared to sony. and if my Wii crashes I dont have to lose my friend codes, I dont lose my data unless it was saved on the Wii's hard drive, I replace just my Wii, I dont need to rebuy any peripherals unless the peripheral was broken. the only drawback is that I'll need to keep buying batteries(unless Nintendo supplies rechargable batteries for the Wiimote and peripherals). so thats at most $250 paid out to replace my Wii data, and my memory cards etc remain in tact. and I wont need to get a new Cube if I replaced it with Wii to play Wii games. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:22 pm
Who ever said that the PS3's games will be $100?  

Mr._Stabby

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:25 pm
Mr._Stabby
Who ever said that the PS3's games will be $100?
well look at Blue Ray DVDs, then look at video games. game discs cost more than movie discs. and considering how sony likes to push their price tag upward, it's only a matter of time until you find them putting a $100 tag on PS3 games. thats as high as they'll go. I wouldnt pay $100 for a game unless it was the best game I EVER played that absolutely demanded I continue playing for a near infinite wealth of content I could continue to attain.

but since I'm not dumb enough to buy anything from sony anymore, I'll stick to my soon to be Nintendo Wii. I'm a Nintendo faithful, and I'm stickin to it.

besides, a sony rep said that putting games on disc was supposed to make games cheaper, well obviously nobody told that jackoff that sony made games more and more expensive to begin with!  
Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff