Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uthopia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Delete. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:09 pm
Going to church no more makes you a christian than going to school makes you smart.  

ioioouiouiouio

ryoushinn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:10 am
Going to church isn't the MAIN reason of being a Christian. I'm Christian but i don't go to church. I havn't found one yet, but i plan to go. I live for God, talk to him, and he talks to me when i read the Bible. I think church is a good way to worship and be around people who are Christians too. I'm not all smart about this stuff but i know what i'md doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:37 am
I go to church, but it's not the only thing. I also do whatever else I can to uphold the Christian name.  

Spooey

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:33 am
Uthopia
Cometh The Inquisitor
Going to church no more makes you a christian than going to school makes you smart.

Yeah, I know, that's why I think it's sad people think going to church= Christian life. It's the same with people who think Christian life=No problems or anything, a perfect life. ninja

perferct life? *snickers* HA! yeah right. its actually quite the opposite. Christians actually suffer MORE than your average day non believer. we get ridiculed more, treated more harshly....just like Jesus was when he walked the earth so many years ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:23 am
Cometh The Inquisitor

Ah, that's my Cometh.
I do agree that going to Church really doesn't symbolize anything. Most of the people that go there, intentionaly, are the ones with problems that need miracles, or husbands that where draged there, by thier ears, from their wives. rolleyes

Seority

FlygonTamer

Seeker

4,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:26 pm
Being a Christian is a life style. Not just something that defines you go to church. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:19 am
You have to have a personal relationship with God through the Holy Spirit to be a Christian!  

Atarashi No Sensei

alteus_hades

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I agree that church isn't everything and that going to Church in and of itself doesn't mean that you are living a Christian life, or getting the most out of being saved.

But what I'm not hearing is that there is importance in going to the right church. I've gone both ways, in that I've gone to church a lot, and I've gone to church not at all. The times I've found the hardest for me spiritually were when I didn't go at all.

The problem though is that it is true that not everyone has access or the means to get to a church, and sometimes the churches you do find just aren't all they are cracked up to be.

http://ptm.org/ is a great place that you can visit daily and listen to radio shows that are uplifiting and non-legalistic. I also suggest doing a google search for "virtual church' as there are even chat rooms for people out there.

There is a difference in entering a church and actually attending a worship service, and while I push my loved ones to examine what they are doing and how they are doing it.. it isn't my place to judge anyone else.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:21 pm
SaintChaos
Uthopia
Cometh The Inquisitor

Yeah, I know, that's why I think it's sad people think going to church= Christian life. It's the same with people who think Christian life=No problems or anything, a perfect life. ninja

perferct life? *snickers* HA! yeah right. its actually quite the opposite. Christians actually suffer MORE than your average day non believer. we get ridiculed more, treated more harshly....just like Jesus was when he walked the earth so many years ago.

...?

I would daresay Christians face the least persecution in the United States and many other countries. Homosexuals are treated far worse, black people still face racism and atheists are mocked by public officials. What happens to Christians that is so bad?

Uthopia: How can you criticize others in a snide and condescending manner? Do you have no sense of irony, or hypocrisy?  

zz1000zz

`Kel`

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:31 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor

I like that quote. Its true and simple  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:28 pm
zz1000zz

I would daresay Christians face the least persecution in the United States and many other countries. Homosexuals are treated far worse, black people still face racism and atheists are mocked by public officials. What happens to Christians that is so bad?

YOu know, that's funny, because I (as well as a few other other sources) would actually disagree with you. But really, it's entirely pointless to engage in a 'who's got it worse' contest, considering that all persecution is bad and that, regardless of how much it occours against any single group, it needs to be stopped.

Quote:
Uthopia: How can you criticize others in a snide and condescending manner? Do you have no sense of irony, or hypocrisy?

Well, I can't speak for Uthopia, but I find that sarcasm is a rather effective technique for pointing out the error in things.  

ioioouiouiouio

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces