Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:23 pm

User Image

Somewhere in the graveyard, the night was comming, yet, somewere in the ame place, a hyena was awakening. Not that he was nocturnal, but he had been napping the whole afternoon, a slave and a pup were a handfull, especially if the slave also happened to be a pup.

And they were both clones of eachother, energeic and happy. Oh how it was annoying. Thats why he had taken naps during the afternoon, hunting was so much easier while they where snoozing.

With a long yawn, and testing his jaw a bit on a bone, Tibuka pulled up to his paws, wandering away from the center of the graveyard to find food. Unfortunatly, hunting was a small travel, as not many creatures ventured in here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:49 pm
User ImageA little farther off, another hyena's eyes shown brightly in the night; this time, a female. Jambazi lay quietly in the long grass enjoying her nightly meal, not too far from the graveyard, but far enough for her scent not to be immediately detected by the potentially hostile pack.

Though the hare she held protectively between her forepaws had not yielded much nourishment, for an older rogue huntress it was as decent a meal as she expected to get. It had been many nights since she'd last seen another hyena, and good riddance to those who she once dared to call packmates. Perhaps she would call another 'alpha' someday, or perhaps she would live as a rogue from here on; she cared little between the two.

The blue-eyed femme kept her eyes and ears alert for intruders as she contently ripped apart the carcass, muzzle stained red from its blood.

Aris Was Here

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:10 pm
Haden't the male been moving each time closer to the location of the female, he woulden't have scented blood, but now, he was close enough to get it. The blood hid the other hyena's scent, so he decided he should perhaps go investigate.

He was now in the tall grasses, only visible from above and from close. Only as he got closer he realized it was being eaten. Normally, he'd turn away, but this invisible creature might be a lion, so he had to investigate, of course. The scent was still marsked, he could just hear the bones.

He peeked his head out of the grasses to see, quite glad his head was dark mostly dark, it not being for his white muzzle. "Oh, " He mumbles, looking at the female hyena, pulling away. He wasen't going to stoop o stealing, now was he?

As he was about to turn and leave the female to eat, a thought occured to him that Mafa might like to know if there are new hyenas, or he was curious to see if this one was with Mafa. Peering his head through the grass again, perhaps cautiously to not be jumped at, he asked, ears foreward curiously.

"Who're you? "

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:55 pm
User ImageJambazi lifted her head from her kill, fur bristling a bit. She mentally scolded herself for not noticing his scent right away, but there was little she could do about it now. The male didn't seem aggressive, but she kept herself guarded just in case; there was no room for ill-judgement or mistakes with her now on her own. She didn't have the luxury of a pack to watch out for her.

"That's a fine greeting.." She mumbled gruffly, but with a hint of good-natured teasing in her voice. "I could ask you the same."

She gave him a good glance over (what little she could see, that is) and smiled thoughtfully to herself. The scent of other hyenas was on him, but how many she did not yet know, nor whether they would be appreciative of a rogue wandering into their lands. She decided to let his question sit for a bit longer, and instead pushed her half-eaten meal forward with a paw, her eyes glistening. "Care to dine with me? Or do you accept gifts from strangers?"

Aris Was Here

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:15 pm
"I'm Tibuka. "

He said, ignoring the tone of voice, as far as he knew, Mafa only didn't like lions. He sat down after pushing the grass away, scars still rather visible as his fur haden't had much time to grow yet, a few of wich he carried rather proudly on how easly he defeated the lioness queen.

She had ignored his question, though, how was he supposed to sit here with someone he didn't know the name of? "I usually know the name of who I 'dine' with. " The male said cooly, not really soundng annoyed or impatient, never good too lose temper.

"And as for gifts from strangers, as far as I know, is fine. Hyenas are welcome, ifthey mean no rong. " Of course, not every hyena could be something could, nw could they? There might as well be lion lovers crawling around, a far as he knew.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:44 pm
User ImageThe female let out a dry chuckle. She found the male quite amusing, but she tried not to underestimate him; the markings on his body proved he had seen his share of battle. "Wrong is a matter of opinion, isn't it?" She offered an wry grin before rasping out her name in response. "I am Jambazi. I mean no wrong, as far as I know."

She relaxed her position a bit and flicked her tail. "So tell me, Tibuka; what are you doing out here?.." She paused, giving him another sniff. "Taking a walk away from your pack? Or just out for a hunt?"

Aris Was Here

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:16 pm
"it is, " He said, tilting his head. Odd one, wasn't she? "The worstanyone could do around here would be ally with lions, or dissobaying Mafa or something of the sort. " He shrugged. He had only kept to the pack because the rules were quite loose, and food was better arround here with all the scraps of food, even if he had to go out sometimes to actually hunt. And he already didn't like lions, so no problem in that.

"Hunting, Jambazi. " He said to her next question. "There's no way you can hunt when the 'prince' is awake. " He said the word prince with a most sarcastic tone. Mabozi, in a way, was prince, being son of alpha, but he was quite sure he was nothing like Mafa wanted him to be, wich was why she dropped the thing on Tibuka.

"You are a rogue? "

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:14 pm
User ImageThe femme snorted at that. At least they agreed on something. "Allying with lions? That's not wrong, it's insanity." She rumbled quietly. "I can't think of much worse than that."

Jambazi smirked a bit with a curious glimmer in her eyes as she picked up on his tone. Mafa? 'Prince'? "Sounds troublesome.." She murmured. "Is this prince the one named Mafa?"

She nodded hesitantly in reply to his question. "I am."

((Shooooort. Dx;;;;..))  

Aris Was Here

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 pm
"Tell me about it. " He rolled his eyes, even though he didn't really want this female to 'tell him about it', that was rather stupid.

He looked down at her kill for a moment, though flicking back as she started talking again. Well, fokod could wait, other hyenas were always more interesting. "No, Mafa is his mother. the 'prie' is Mabozi. Unfortunatly, nothin like her. " He frowned, how the heck where they supposed to get a little creature like that to dislike lions? Mabozi would likely befriend one before fearing one.

Unless, of course, he met a lion that hated hyenas, and that would scare the daylights out of him, that would be usefull, but who guarantees the prince would survive? He had no interest in getting in trouble with Mafa.

A rogue then. She had hesitated, wich made him think, though. Why hesitate? Maybe her pack had kicked her out or something. "If you wanted, you could join the pack, all you'd need to do i talk to Mafa. I'm sure she'd like an addition. " Mafa was so easy-going about this, all she didn't like was being dissobeyed, or allying with lions. Simple, yay.

(( D; Leastitwasen'tcrappy. ))

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff