Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
My friend is gothic. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ryoushinn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:44 pm
I have this friend and she's gothic. She says that her parents were mean to her and separated. But really, she's nice. It's just that...she's goth. Would it be wrong to hang out with her? I'm confused....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:53 pm
How is she gothic? Like, she wears all black and chains and stuff? Doesn't sound like a problem to me. If she's into drugs or alcohol or something, then there could be a problem, peer pressure and such, but otherwise...

As long as it's just a style of clothing and music that she's into, I don't see how there could be anything wrong with it.  

Empress_Kat

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:52 pm
Friends can really affect your relationship with God. It wouldn't be good to hangout with her if she worships Satan, as a goth. It would be a great opportunity to witness to her about God.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:05 pm
As the others have already said, if it's just the way she dresses (black, galore, you know?) or something, then that's fine. I don't see why it's bad if that's the only reason you're worried. But if she's sinning as a goth, then that's a bad influence.  

Eva_Valenti

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

kim ocean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Right, there are different levels of goth. If it's just her appearance, I don't see the problem. You say she's nice. If anything, it sounds like she could use some kind friends if her parents are mean to her. She's had enough rejection.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:07 pm
I have a on line friend that is a goth and she is a great person.  

rftkfan

Midnight Swiftblade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:34 pm
Hey, I dress in chains, belts, spikes, studs etc and I'm christian. There anything wrong with that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:05 pm
Hey just because some one is gothic does not mean they are not cool. You should hang out with diffrent people they just are diffrent.  

Dr. H. Jekyll

rftkfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:22 pm
I am tempted to give her the link to this thread. blaugh Those that know her would enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:33 am
I have a friend who is Wiccan. She knows that Im Christian and doesn't try and change that fact or make me believe in things she does nor do I. Like others have been saying, if its just clothing thats ok. But if she does worship Satan tell her that thoes arent your beliefs and she should do he religious business away from you. As long as she is not trying to change your religion, then everything should be alright.  

Meeeeow!

Arrea Delano

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:34 pm
I am goth. I dress in black, chains, and wear freakishly too much eyeliner. There's nothing wrong with that. I am just as good a christan as someone who dresses in pink skirts and hello kitty shirts. Clothing doesn't affect or influence how you worship God. I also can get really depressed at times and get a gloomy outlook on life, so what. I just go home and pray to God for help. There 's nothing wrong with being goth. Goths don't worship satan. xp Satanist do, there is a difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:27 pm
O_o no, is she goth in the way she dresses or what? could you be a little more clear please =)  

Tarack Ollama

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:23 pm
Crimson_Enigma
I am goth. I dress in black, chains, and wear freakishly too much eyeliner. There's nothing wrong with that. I am just as good a christan as someone who dresses in pink skirts and hello kitty shirts. Clothing doesn't affect or influence how you worship God. I also can get really depressed at times and get a gloomy outlook on life, so what. I just go home and pray to God for help. There 's nothing wrong with being goth. Goths don't worship satan. xp Satanist do, there is a difference.

I could not have said it better itself.

Goth is a style of music and clothing. Just what this has to do with one's eligibility to be a good friend is completely and utterly beyond me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:30 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Crimson_Enigma

I could not have said it better itself.

Goth is a style of music and clothing. Just what this has to do with one's eligibility to be a good friend is completely and utterly beyond me.

Amen.  

Litia_Echo

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:04 pm
I don't believe that you should not be friends with someone just for the way they dress...or even, sometimes, for the way they belive, as long as they're respectful to what you belive. The majority of my friends are not christians...the majority of the people in my school are not christians...and I go to a pretty small school, so I don't really have a choice. But anyway, this hasn't affected my relationship with God...In fact, I think it has made it stronger, because I learn to resist temptations and defend my religion because of it.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff