Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Missions Trip to Jamaica.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:28 pm
Well, LtFF, you won't be seeing muchany of me until, at the very earliest, July 1st. The reason for this is that I am on a missions trip to Jamaica. I leave tomorrow for LAX and will be arriving in Kingston (the capital) on saturday night. This is a bundle of firsts for me: First missions trip, first time anywhere significantly out of the country (going down to Tijuana doesn't count), and first time on a plane. Needless to say, I am very excited and a little nervious. I could sure use some prayer these next ten days and, when I get back, I'll post here with details of my trip.

So, without further adieu, I bid you all goodbye and see you all in a weak or so.

~CtI  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:58 pm
Either that was a clever pun (adieu meaning 'at God'), or you meant to say 'further ado'. But I nitpick. wink
Well, here's wishing you luck. And do have a good time while you're down there, eh?  

Tarrou

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:42 pm
It was a typo Tangled, but thanks for the correction.

Well, needless to say, I have returned from my missions trip. I must say that this trip exceeded my wildest expectations. It was not only a great glory and honour to serve God is such a way but it was a complete and total blast. Meeting up with people from other churches from around the US (my group had a pairing of a church from California (mine) and a church from Arizona) was great and my group got along perfectly. We stayed at a hotel sort of place from most of the week (a bit outside of montego bay) and would go to 3-4 shows a day where we put on bands playing music, puppet shows, testimonies, and dramas about God. After the shows we would go out ot the people there and talk to them about God. The evangelizing was definatly something that was really moving because most Jamaicans know about God and Jesus but just 'aren't ready' to give their lives to Him yet because, even though they know the cost, they still want to go out and do ungodly things. It's real sad, but, hopefully, our trip down there affected more than a few lives.

There's really so much more that I could say, but time is short and I'm tired from the trip back home, so I'll just leave it at this short nice little post teling you all that I'm back.

~CtI  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff