Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
does it make you a bad christian if your afraid ...... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musiqueangel828

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:46 pm
does it make you a bad christian if your afraid to tell people about God?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:01 pm
No, but denying God and going his commandments are.
Yes, as christians we are called to spread the word, but I think sticking up for him is fine. Sure I wont go yell at a stranger to believe in God or die, but if they come to me for questions, I should be ready to answer them.  

Seority

musiqueangel828

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:04 pm
Seority
No, but denying God and going his commandments are.
Yes, as christians we are called to spread the word, but I think sticking up for him is fine. Sure I wont go yell at a stranger to believe in God or die, but if they come to me for questions, I should be ready to answer them.
yeah see im kinda a shy person and i dont want people hateing me and treating me all different for telling them about God but my goth friend know i believe in him  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:10 pm
So you want to be a christian, but live as though your not one?
I have, well I sould just say, that most of my friends are none believers, and a few know that im a christian, but they dont treat me differently. Yes, other people think its odd that I dont fight back when they mess around with me, but why should I try to impress an idiot like that anyway?  

Seority

musiqueangel828

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:13 pm
no i wanna live like a believer but not stand out im the type that like to be in the corner were no one can find me and it really bugs me when my friends say suck things as F*** Jesus i mean everyone knows of him just most know him a bad way it sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 pm
not at all  

Srent

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:25 pm
georgiagirl828
no i wanna live like a believer but not stand out im the type that like to be in the corner were no one can find me and it really bugs me when my friends say suck things as F*** Jesus i mean everyone knows of him just most know him a bad way it sad

so in other word syou fear what man would think of you? to be afraid of showing others you believe in god, in a way IS denying him. (not directing this at you at all but..) just look at Judas. when all the diciples were telling jesus they would never betray him, and yet in fear Judas denied Jesus 3 times to the public becaue he feared what they would do or say to him.

so yeah, in a way...your denying jesus publically because of your fear. but the less jesus is known to the public, whether they believe in him or not, the more the idea of him will die. we have to keep alive whats left in the world of the ideals of Jesus.

i mean if WE dont say somethin who will? if you think of it this way, God didnt create you just to believe in him in silence, he created us in his glory and to go PREACH the word of god to those less fortunate of not hearing it. of course there will always be an opposing side, but stand strong and take up the word of god and preach it.

and no, not EVERYONE knows of him. infants are born each day and whats the chance that ALL of them will heard of the word. thats why we are sent to preach it, to those who haven't heard it yet.

to fear god is respect to him, fearing to tell about him is not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:33 am
SaintXenos
georgiagirl828

so in other word syou fear what man would think of you? to be afraid of showing others you believe in god, in a way IS denying him. (not directing this at you at all but..) just look at Judas. when all the diciples were telling jesus they would never betray him, and yet in fear Judas denied Jesus 3 times to the public becaue he feared what they would do or say to him.

so yeah, in a way...your denying jesus publically because of your fear. but the less jesus is known to the public, whether they believe in him or not, the more the idea of him will die. we have to keep alive whats left in the world of the ideals of Jesus.

i mean if WE dont say somethin who will? if you think of it this way, God didnt create you just to believe in him in silence, he created us in his glory and to go PREACH the word of god to those less fortunate of not hearing it. of course there will always be an opposing side, but stand strong and take up the word of god and preach it.

and no, not EVERYONE knows of him. infants are born each day and whats the chance that ALL of them will heard of the word. thats why we are sent to preach it, to those who haven't heard it yet.

Peter is the one who denied Jesus three times after confessing that He was the Messiah. And here's a thought: actions speak louder than words. And, you need to find out why it is you're afraid to tell others. You're probably insecure; you may have had bad social experiences. This culture has truly become disconnected; the value of spending time with other people has decreased. Perfect love casts out fear. So, first experience God's love--learn about it, get intimate with God, and just accept His love! NOTHING you could ever (not) do would ever make Him love you any less! Also, get some good, close, and strong Christian friends, who are striving towards the standards that God has set. Finally, value yourself. If God loves you so much, why shouldn't you love yourself? Look at your strengths and your good qualities. God created you the way you are, with a plan and a purpose. You were fearfully and wonderfully made. There is always hope. And, I will restate the fact that God will not love you any less when you do (not do) something. In summary, get connected. First to God, to Christian friends, and to yourself. If you need to, please feel free to PM me.  

yzz_90

musiqueangel828

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:50 am
well my school is like hell it self let me put it at that i mean we had a stabing a t a football game the police officer got stabbed, a kid actually got drop on his head then kicked in the head after school one day i guess im afraid that if i tell them about Jesus they will do that to me but i should know better God will watch over me and most of my christian friends dont go to my school so in a sence im a loner at school.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:58 am
Erm. Well you should be excited to talk about God but i know exactly how you feel. A year ago i would try my best to keep it hidden that i went to church but i gradually started to tell people and realised that i was going to be accepted anyways. It really is great stepping out of the boat. At first you will feel nervous and stuff but it really feels class afterwards knowing that you could be on the way to leading someone to Christ and helping to save a lfe =). I'm the only christian i know at school =p but if your friends are true friends they will accept you no matter what your belifes. Honestly being open about my faith is one of the best things i ever done you really should try it!

I'll be praying =)

Love <3
Stix
.x.

Tarack Ollama

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:44 am
Orizion
SaintXenos
georgiagirl828

Peter is the one who denied Jesus three times after confessing that He was the Messiah. And here's a thought: actions speak louder than words. And, you need to find out why it is you're afraid to tell others. You're probably insecure; you may have had bad social experiences. This culture has truly become disconnected; the value of spending time with other people has decreased. Perfect love casts out fear. So, first experience God's love--learn about it, get intimate with God, and just accept His love! NOTHING you could ever (not) do would ever make Him love you any less! Also, get some good, close, and strong Christian friends, who are striving towards the standards that God has set. Finally, value yourself. If God loves you so much, why shouldn't you love yourself? Look at your strengths and your good qualities. God created you the way you are, with a plan and a purpose. You were fearfully and wonderfully made. There is always hope. And, I will restate the fact that God will not love you any less when you do (not do) something. In summary, get connected. First to God, to Christian friends, and to yourself. If you need to, please feel free to PM me.

oopps o.o i meant to say Peter....god i mixed the two up. my bad xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:15 pm
guess im just afraid to take the step  

musiqueangel828

symphony in peril

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:51 pm
my sunday school teacher always told me this and i think it might help." never fear men and their faces"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:16 am
To stand up for Christ has always been a hard thing. It takes courage and strengt to stand a gainst this world. It also takes Faith, Faith that God will always be rooting for you and helping you through such a trial. No, it does not make you a bad Christain, you just have a some growing to do. Faith without works is lost, and work without Faith is useless.  

Moliverio

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:07 pm
Moliverio
To stand up for Christ has always been a hard thing. It takes courage and strengt to stand a gainst this world. It also takes Faith, Faith that God will always be rooting for you and helping you through such a trial. No, it does not make you a bad Christain, you just have a some growing to do. Faith without works is lost, and work without Faith is useless.

i entirely agree. but as others have mentioned, try to find some christian friends who can understand and relate to your beliefs. the more your around your own "yolk" the easier it is to talk about god. once you establish that setting, take the next step and talking to others about it, who arent of the same religion or maybe havent heard about god.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff