Anime Recommendations Wanted Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fushinjitsu
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:04 am
Okay, I haven't watched anything, read any manga or anything else for months, because I wanted to concentrate on my schoolwork.

But now I have time again. Can anyone recommend me some good anime series?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:18 pm
Something awesome just started in Japan, called Kiba. You can find the bit torrents to it here. It's pretty darn addictive.  

Nasis Sukiyo

kuro_kaze666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:13 pm
Patalliro Saiyuki, or if you're really lucky and find the original patalliro, then watch it, its AWESOME. The cool thing about Patalliro is that its one of the longest running shoujo mangas, and its made by a man!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:59 pm
As I mentioned before XD

Bleach
Tsubasa
Tatics (Mostly shonen-ai)
Kyou Kara Maou (Mostly shonen-ai)
Mirage of Blaze (Shonen ai)
Trinity Blood

And yeah ^^()  

x_LoveObject_x

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:43 am
Full metal Alchemist - I HIGHLY reccomed this to look for first if you havent seen it already, its an amazing anime, great charecters, all well develops thougout the show, a brillinat plot and well worth a look.

FAKE- This is so cute if one anime had to have the genere 'Unresoved sexual tension' this one would be it, the cast are great and the plots pretty good too.

Chobits- I personally love this one, even though its not shounen ai i can't help but love Chii to bits and Hideki is awesome! Lots of humourous moments a the begining with afew dark parts and a bit of a sad, then happy ending trust me watch this!

Samurai Champaloo- I love this and ive just finished watching it, if you like Samurai or Ninja animes (Which you do Oreoon cause of Naruto) then youll love this, with a mix of crazy charecters and a little histoery thrown on, great music and a cool plot this you MUST watch!

Fruits basket- I like this its a good anime about a family who get turned into animal ioif hugged by the opposite sex, funny cute but with a dark side i reccomend you watch it.

Loveless- This is cute, VERY cute but also a very angsty, its the story of a cat boy named Ritsuka who's brother seimei dies suddnely and he meets up with Soubi who says he knew his brother. The charecter are really good and the plot is good too it can be funny and light hearted at one point then dark and dangerous the next but trust me its good and well worth a look.

Yami no Matsuei- its a good anime the animation itself is a little outdated but its a classic anime none the less and well worth a look if you like things involvong the gods of death ^^ the charecters are well portrayed and the polt is awesome i loved this when i watched it.

Bleach- I loved this! If you like supernatural stuff or you liked Yu Yu hakusho you'll LOVE this! Its awesome! the charecters are great and well thought out with lots of diffirent personalities clashing together i highly reccomentd this to if you like fighting with big sword spirirt enegery and lots of blood ^_^

Whew i sound liek im selling you the boxsets or some thing but seriously, all these are worth watching ESSPECILLY the first one. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:17 am
Maa, I agree with Jade, DEFINETLY watch Fullmetal Alchemist first! It's amazing!!! The manga's great too!

Loveless as well, that's so cute! The books are coming kind of slow, but all of the anime's out. [[Where I am]]

Yu Yu Hakusho is incredible, along with HunterxHunter!

Definetly, if you're going to read Tsubasa, than read xXxHOliC. It's so incredible, with little bits of shonen-ai, lots of supernatural occurances, and Mokona!

I'd recomend all of thses, and also, anything by Clamp. 3nodding  

tsukiraven
Vice Captain

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:14 am
tsukiraven
Maa, I agree with Jade, DEFINETLY watch Fullmetal Alchemist first! It's amazing!!! The manga's great too!

Loveless as well, that's so cute! The books are coming kind of slow, but all of the anime's out. [[Where I am]]

Definetly, if you're going to read Tsubasa, than read xXxHOliC. It's so incredible, with little bits of shonen-ai, lots of supernatural occurances, and Mokona!

Ive read the FMA Mangga and its drawn jsut like the anime is its that detailed! I've never seen HunterxHunter yet, but it's on my to watch list, im just getting up to date with bleach then im going to watch Kru Kuro Maru or however you spell it XP and i agree Clamp is awesome i loved legal drug, and Chobits...Did CLAMP do Love hina too? I read abit of the series but not a lot but what i read was really funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:40 pm
well.... if you want something that'll keep you for longer than an hour, cuz we all know mangas are easy reads, you could check out the vampire Hunter D series. its included within the manga section but it really shouldn't be cuz its an actual novel that spawned a hit anime movie in the 70's with its title name and another more recently (i dont exactly know when) called Bloodlust after the third book. the second book boarders on hentai so they didn't make one and, trust me, fans were disapointed everywhere.
or if your looking for something short but gripping you could try hana kimi: its about a girl who transfurs to an all boys school in Japan from america to meet her favorite athlete.  

Girl Who Sings

tsukiraven
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:32 am
Jade Rotaski
tsukiraven

Ive read the FMA Mangga and its drawn jsut like the anime is its that detailed! I've never seen HunterxHunter yet, but it's on my to watch list, im just getting up to date with bleach then im going to watch Kru Kuro Maru or however you spell it XP and i agree Clamp is awesome i loved legal drug, and Chobits...Did CLAMP do Love hina too? I read abit of the series but not a lot but what i read was really funny.

No Ken something or other did Love Hina... I liked that too, although I haven't read the last two books yet. I've only read the first Chobits, and Legal Drug is on my read list...
Ling from the FMA manga rules! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:25 am
tsukiraven
Jade Rotaski
tsukiraven

No Ken something or other did Love Hina... I liked that too, although I haven't read the last two books yet. I've only read the first Chobits, and Legal Drug is on my read list...

I wish he could have been in the Anime baceuse Ling is so funny and he constently annoys Ed XP  

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Nuclear Plant 500

tsukiraven
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:25 pm
Jade Rotaski
tsukiraven
Jade Rotaski
tsukiraven

I wish he could have been in the Anime baceuse Ling is so funny and he constently annoys Ed XP

I love Ling! He's so amazing! If he was in the anime, that would be wonderful!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:03 am
Samurai Champaloo
loveless
leagel drug
this ugly yet beautiful world
and a so so one inuyasha  

inuyashahoty22

LuckyUntilLost

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:40 pm
Buko Renkin This one is about alchemy, and it has sharp pointy objects. :3 By the same person who made Rurouni Kenshin. I'd offer a better description if I had read more of it, but I don't believe it's out in stores yet. Still, it's interesting, and a fun read. ^-^ After-all, who doesn't like schoolgirls who go around replacing guys hearts with alchemic weapons?

Death Note About a bored student who one day finds a notebook dropped by a bored Shinigami. Great investigative, trying to figure out what's going to happen next is the hardest part.

Mar - Your average story about a kid who gets sucked into a different world and is the only one who can save the world from the overwhelmingly evil forces, who also happen to be quite drool-worthy. The art in this is beautiful, and the plot's fun. ^-^

Antique Bakery - About a bakery in a silent residential district.... Very funny, has yaoi in it, and of course, you'll want something sweet to eat afterwards. ^-^

Shout Out Loud! - Nakaya moves in with his father Shino and they learn to live with each-other, while at Shino's work - voice-acting - Shino begins working on yaoi CD's. It has more plot than it sounds like from this. :3

.....these are all manga off the top of my head. ^-^;;;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:54 am
If you like shota... Loveless. I started to watch it a while ago, but I like it already.  

Shioiri Yayoi

sumo_bunnyGurL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:57 am
first on my list that u should watch: BLEACH (its soo addicting, im in ep 53 and ive got 54ep to go! i think its still on going in japan, like naruto^^)

then:
FRUITS BASKET
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST
SAMURAI X (RUROUNI KENSHIN)
YU YU HAKUSHO
FULL METAL PANIC
AH! MY GODDESS
ONE PIECE
HUNTER X HUNTER
GALAXY ANGEL (This one is soo hilarious--i cant stop laughing when im watching this!^^)

ive got so many animes in my mind, i cant seem to type them LOL
hihi^^

so gudlak on ur anime-watching!^^  
The Iruka Sanctuary - The Naruto KakaIru Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out