Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reddy4nething

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:16 am
Some people say once saved always saved.Well for those people id like 2 tell a story to.There was this guy named Ian Matthews.He had just gotten saved and loved God with all his heart.One night his friends invited him to a party.There was drinking,smoking,and drugs.One of his friends offered him a drink and finally Ian got tired of it.He said"okay.Ill do it.just quit bugging me."He took the drink and swallowed all of it.He thought it tasted good so he asked for another and another and another.He died of alchohol poisoning.now would Ian go to heaven or hell?
Im a Christian,and I believe that Ian really did get saved in the first place,but when he decided to drink,I think that the night he died he went to hell.I know I sound harsh,but I would like to know your opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:30 pm
O.k. These are my thoughts. I believe he went to Heaven. God is merciful. Its kinda like asking would a small child , not noing Jesus, go to heaven or hell? well thats a bad question lol. Even tho Ian was saved the Devil still tempted him and slightly had power over him..But after the first few drinks his judgment would be lost..hence over drinking.. I think he would go to heave..  

xFixed Til Tuesdayx

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 pm
Wait... since when is drinking a sin?  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:25 pm
drinking isn't a sin. Getting drunk is a sin.

And he definatly got drunk. I think he went to heaven. Doesn't the Bible say that once you become a believer that "no one can take you out of His hand?"  

alicia8488

Skeleton Bart

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:43 pm
Thats a tough question. But I do know that there isn't much point to the parbles of the podicle son, or the sower and the seed's if you can't leave from God's saving grace. I can't say weathe your friend is in heaven or hell, but I hope he made it to heaven.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:25 pm
I think this is like saying you don't get grounded if you get in trouble with your parents. Just because you were baptized and saved etc. doesn't mean you get a free get out of hell card. We're all still held accountable with our actions, deeds and the choices we make. And we can spectulate all we want but we'll only know when we die. Well the orginial poster anyways since they knew them.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:26 pm
Only getting drunk is a sin last time I checked.

Guacamole-kun

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:46 am
no, once your are saved it is irrevolcable (irreversible).

John 10: 27-29

27: My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
28: and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
29: My father, who has given them to Me, is greather than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

once given this it IS a free ticket to Heaven....no matter what things we do on earth. there is ALOT worse things then getting drunk. we do ALOT of things everyday and it adds up in the end. you dont go to hell just for drinking. God chooses who will go to heaven, and once chosen, it can't be changed by mere man.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

torrinne

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:24 am
I do not believe that he went to hell, because:
A) While getting drunk is a sin, it isn't a major sin.
B) God forgives all sins.
C) John 1:9, 12-13 "The Life-Light was the real thing: Every person entering Life he brings into Light...Whoever did want him, who bleieved he was who he claimed and would do what he said, he made to be their true selves, their child-of God selves. These are the God-begotten, not blood-begotten, not flesh-begotten, not sex-begotten."  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:01 am
Ah, I see. Right up there with wearing gold jewelry and being a vegetarian, eh?  

Guacamole-kun

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:08 am
why would he go to hell? i've done worse things for that, and while begging for forgivness, i hear God telling me its ok, he forgives me. if you believe with all your heart, and confess with your mouth, that Jesus is the son of God, and God is the only God, and ask for forgivness for your sins, you'll go to heaven..i could have mixed somethings up, but i'm write in this post to a point. God is merciful, and his love is unconditional. i do not think he went to hell.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:35 pm
Guacamole-kun
in the Bible it says we shouldnt have strong drink.......that makes it pretty clear i hope.....  

reddy4nething

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:34 pm
It's my understanding that strong drink is like getting drunk.

reddy4nething
Guacamole-kun
in the Bible it says we shouldnt have strong drink.......that makes it pretty clear i hope.....

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:39 pm
So wait...if I get saved and then go murder someone, I'm ok?  

vampy dave

reddy4nething

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:20 pm
mistressofthelost
So wait...if I get saved and then go murder someone, I'm ok?
nope.......if u ask 4 4giveness God will 4give u but otherwise......ull be judged 4 it  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff