kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:52 pm
About PollyannaUser Image

Name: Erm, guess? XD;,
Powers: None
Skills: Can tune everything out on purpose, cooks well, has excellent frying-pan combat tactics.
Personality: Observant and slightly critical, hypocritical, and sensible.
Dreams and ambitions: She hopes someday to become a pirate like her father, but is stumped by the fact that girls aren't often welcome on ships.
Enjoys: Cooking, watching ships, fighting (Playfighting), and thinking. Likes to tease others gently.
Dislikes: Worms, hot weather, the colour pink, macho men, and singing.
Favourite things: Bears, the colour blue, pine trees, ships, and seafood.
Growth: Child//Young Pirate

Pollyanna is not exactly a tomboy, but she can seem like it at times. She dislikes it when people act in any way she considers stupid and has often had to realize times when she was just being hypercritical as opposed to the other person being foolish. She taunts her friends in a friendly fashion, but she doesn't talk to those she really dislikes. To make up for this, she finds it hard to dislike people and though she has a short temper, she often forgets her anger in a few hours. She's a hypocrite at times, and will be the first to admit it. If one could look into her mind, she's always bickering with that bit of herself that watches her and makes dry comments about whatever she's doing. She's fond of her family. Ever since she was old enough to seriously consider careers (Which was as soon as she realized she couldn't be a seagull when she grew up) she has wanted to be a pirate like her father.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:57 pm
Family and Friends

Family

Quidam- Twin brother of Pollyanna, Quidam seems to be a bit more mature. Pollyanna is fond of him and when she has a problem, she will often ask him about it. She teases him a lot but underneath it all, she really enjoys talking to him.

Friends

Aerie- A girl that lives with her and her family, Pollyanna is happy to have Aerie around. The girl wants to be a pirate/doctor and is out on her own in the world, something which Pollyanna thinks is amazing. Pollyanna's familiar with Aerie by now and gets along quite well with her, comfortably enough at least to tease her like she teases her own brother.

Cole- A boy that she met on the island, Cole first struck her as slightly clumsy and kinda bland. However she admired him for chasing the thief that stole from Aerie and respects him for his apparent bravery in the face of danger.later she got to have a real conversation with him, and her respect for him grew. She thinks that he's gone through an awful lot and hopes that he'll find the courage he needs to live his dreams. She's also glad he puts up with her ramblings so much.

Kamaria- A girl Pollyanna met during the Illusion Island festival, Pollyanna thinks she's amazingly interesting but is slightly uneasy talking to her, trying very hard not to offend her accidentally.

Lance- Lance is someone Pollyanna met at the festival. She thinks he's really mellow but other than that she doesn't really know him well.

Eliza- Like Lance, Pollyanna only knows Eliza a little bit but thinks she must be a fun person to be around.

Haruka- Pollyanna doesn't know him very well but she seems to get along with him well enough. Admires his bird.

kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:59 pm
Artwork

Erm, this'll come whenever Kotatsu gets around to it. > _ >;;;

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:02 pm
Index of RPs

All RPs involving Pollyanna will be be recorded in this log, links with summaries will be posted here.

Child RPs

Pg. 1//Illusion Island Festival
Pollyanna joins in the merrymaking, meeting Aerie of Skypeia and fooling around with friends.

Pg. 1//Legend of the Bloodstained Maiden
A storyteller comes to the inn and a legend begins an adventure involving all of Pollyanna's friends. She meets Haruka in this RP and also uses a fryingpan to chase down a robber. Kirin Wolf appears to fight and is beaten, Quidam eats a devil fruit.

Pg. 2//Return to the Inn
Cole comes to the inn with a minor injury and it turns out he got into a fight with his family when he told them he wanted to be a pirate.

Pg. 2//Out on a Walk
Pollyanna goes on a walk with Cole one morning and learns he has accidentally accquired the powers of a devil fruit.

Young Pirate RPs

Pg. 2//As We Speak
A group has been attacking the inn and Quidam, Aerie, and Polly want to investiagte.

Pg. 2//On the Docks
After a few years, Pollyanna meets Cole again, along with his less-than-charming older brother, Marshall.

Pg. 2//Kamaria and Pollyanna
Pollyanna runs into Kamaria at the market and they go out to eat.

Pg. 2//Midnight Encounters
Polly and Cole meet on the roof of the house next to the Inn and take a midnight excursion.

Pg. 2//Grounded!
Occuring directly after Midnight Encounters, Pollyanna is grounded and recieves Cole as an unexpected visitor.

kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:03 pm
Index of Single RPs

RPs involving Pollyanna ONLY or MAINLY will be written down in this log and linked here with summaries. These will be in Whisper post-style.

Pg. 1//RP Prompt Entry
Summary: Pollyanna has been teased by the new child on the island, causing everyone else to start teasing her as well. She attempts to just deal with it until the new kid and his brothers start talking about beating up her twin.

Pg. 1//What you are//What you wish to be
Summary: Pollyanna's reflections about the differences between wanting to be a pirate and actually being one. Fears she might never be ready to sail under the skull and crossbones but is determined to someday whether ready or not.

Pg. 2//The Docks
Summary: Pollyanna thinks about things on the docks one morning, especially about her future.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:06 pm
Index of Journal Entries

All journal entries will be written in this log in document form and linked here.

Pg. 1//Festival Update
Summary: Pollyanna recounts the festival and the people she met, adding her thoughts on everything.

Pg. 2//Ferret Boy and Kirin Wolf
Summary: Pollyanna talks about important events, like Kirin wolf trying to eat her and her brother turning into a ferret.

Pg. 2//My Day Off
Summary: Pollyanna retells how Cole came to the Inn and what she thought about his situation.

Pg. 2//Out Walking
Summary: Pollyanna writing about her walk with Cole.

kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:08 pm
Things

Anything given to or owned by Pollyanna will be put here.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:09 pm
Miscellaneous

A post for things that fall into none of the above posts.

[x]
A doll of Pollyanna by Ang3lic! heart

[x]
A group picture of the Illusion pirates from Ang3lic. ^ ^ Drawn by Annortha!

[x]
A picture of Polly with the seagulls that I drew. :3

[x]
A darling animated chibi bought by Ang3lic and made by Avah.Kaedo! X3 Thanks so much! <3

[x]
I nabbed a slot in Yiesha's doll shop to get this doll done. X3 She did an amazing job on it!

kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:17 pm
Note: This entry is the one that I won the RP contest for Pollyanna with. It is documented here, so please note that there are many inaccuracies. 'Zack' would be her twin brother, Quidam. All the other characters are completely made up. ^ ^

Pollyanna walked away from the children following her and laughing. She had the unnerving skill to not pay any attention whatsoever to anything at all on purpose. This tongue-twisting ability was common in people, only they did it by accident. Yes. Doing it on purpose took some effort. She continued walking home, got home, and closed the door, locking it firmly. She then went calmly up to her bed, sat down, and moaned.

She didn't know how it happened, but suspected the new child on the island had something to do with it. You didn't often get new kids on islands, and he had been the center of attention for some time. His attention, however, was on making Pollyanna's life miserable. He had tripped her up, poured sticky stuff in her hair, called her names, and worst of all, got the other kids following him. The thing with children, she decided, was that they were like dominoes. But she'd never be like that, of course not. The more critical part of her mind butted in here. Really? But what about when everyone was teasing Billy? Okay, maybe she had been like that ONCE. And that time when Alice forgot to wear pants to school? Okay, okay. She was like that. But now it was different! Now she was the center of the teasing!

Pollyanna had a look of concern on her face. She hadn't told her brother about it, oh heavens, no need to drag him into this mess. Twirling a strand of her hair that fell errant from her ponytail, she thought about what to do. The best thing, she decided, is to ignore it as usual. Just do what you're doing and the new kid will get bored. And so will everybody else. This made sense to her, but who knew how long that'd take? The observing part of her mind gave her a mental kick and told her to shut up and deal. Pouting at it, she slid off the bed to read something after a tiring day of Not Noticing.

The next day was hardly any better. She had just barely gone outside and children had practically jumped her. She was mildly surprised. Some of them even pulled her ponytail so it hurt. She found this slightly harder to ignore than the taunting but kept on walking, not really knowing where she was going. Turning on her Ignore Everything switch, she commenced to thinking that yes, pink kittens roaming through a field of flowers would be cute.

It was lucky for Pollyanna that the pulling of her ponytail had frazzled her. She didn't know how lucky yet, all she knew was it hurt muchly. But if her hair had not been yanked so unceremoniously, she would have been completely tuned out to the world and missed the exchange between the new kid and his brothers. "So we attack him, right?" said a brother. "Yeah." said the new kid. "Rough him up a little, show him that's what he gets for hanging around Pollyanna." Another other one snickered. "That Zacharias won?t KNOW what hit him." Pollyanna froze. They were talking about beating up her brother.

The sheer numb horror that her brother was going to get hurt and it would be all her fault was stunning. Of course when they got into fights, he got hurt and it was all her fault but of course it was! She was the one fighting him! Other people hurting him because of her was wrong. She got home and slammed the door shut behind her. "Zack? Zack!" Her brother was still in, luckily. He had a cold, something easy to get in the cold climate of their island. "Zack, I have something I have to tell you." The brother didn't get up from his bed, but deemed her worthy of a glance in her direction. "Right, then. Shoot."

The next seventeen minutes was spent carefully explaining what had happened to her the last few weeks. She had never SEEN Zack look so mad. Oh, except possibly the time when she had put a tack in his chair. He got up. "This has got to stop." She agreed with him wholeheartedly. "I'm going to go beat them up!" Oh no. She had forgotten that BOYS liked to be MACHO. "No, I'm sure we can just talk it out!" He looked at her funny. "Are you crazy? Boys like this only listen to one thing." He cracked his knuckles and got up, sneezed, wheezed, and sat down. "I'll be a few minutes, don't wait up for me." She nodded. This gave her a chance to try her way. Calling herself an idiot for telling her brother while he was sick, she walked over to the new boy. "Colby." she said quietly. Colby looked up. "Look, it's Polly." he sneered. "Polly wanna cracker?" "No thanks, I just ate." she responded. The tough guy banter. Excuse me while I vomit, Pollyanna thought sourly. "But why are you teasing me? Stop it, please! It's stupid and annoying!" She lost her temper and her eyes filled up with tears. "Why are you trying to make me miserable? Why are you going so far as to beat up my brother?"

She had been expecting many expressions. Surprise wasn't one of them. Colby stammered. "Y-your BROTHER? That explains a LOT!" She was confused, crying, and upset, so Pollyanna said "What?" Colby looked sheepish. "Well, I thought... mumblemumble..." "What?" Pollyanna repeated, for lack of any other phrase. "I thought he was... your boyfriend." Pollyanna repeated herself for the third time. "Well, it explains why he looks some similar, come to think of it." said Colby. "Look I was teasing you because I mumblemumble." Pollyanna had by this time composed herself enough to say "Come again?" Colby turned beet red. "I like you, okay? I'm sorry, I didn't MEAN to make you cry, but when I started teasing you, so did everyone else and I couldn't stop them and I was jealous of your brother because I thought he was your boyfriend, okay?" The sheer relief flooding over Pollyanna was like a wave, a powerful force. The part of her mind that she didn't quite control piped up with an Actually, he's kinda cute in a weird sorta way and did not help her at all. She rallied wonderfully. "Erm... Thank you. You'd better tell everyone. They've started to pull my hair." Colby looked at the ground. "Yeah... Err... Say, would you like to..." "Not any time soon, Colby." said Pollyanna coolly. "Oh." Colby deflated. "Maybe later." added the girl graciously. After all, he was kind of cute. She walked away from the child, tuning out the laughter and teasing as he went to tell the other kids to knock it off. She felt like she was forgetting something, though...

20 minutes later, Zack came out of the house to beat the heck out of Colby, uninformed of the truce that had been reached.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:46 pm
Island Festival RP

Here!  

kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:55 pm
The Festival Update

Well, the Illusion Island festival was fun this year. I didn't get to play any games, but I met some interesting new people. And none of those icky silly boys teased me either. Quidam triede to surprise me with a gift but I really didn't feel comfortable taking it, after all, he won the money he was going to use to get it in a race all by himself. Oh yeah! He won a skating race! I'm proud of him but slightly mortified. After all, people will still tease him for entering. However, he's my brother so I've got to stick up for him.

As for new friends, the most interesting one had to be Aerie from Skypeia. She's staying at our inn. She's got wings and a butterfly and a poofy blue dress and she's really, really rich. I know I should be jealous but it's hard to be jealous of Aerie. (But maybe I am, just a little.) She's pretty nice and she has no family on the island, which must be lonely. (Though sometimes I think I wouldn't mind a break from my family...) I also briefly talked to this blind girl with some kinda monkey as a pet! She was fascinating but it was hard to talk to her.

And that's about it. We saw the sled dogs and met up with Lance and Eliza who went skating with us, except for Quidam who was skating on his own if you didn't count the strong, tall, and agile adult competitors behind him. But everyone knows adults don't count, not really. I didn't gaet to play any games this time and that was just tragic. But I suppose I can wait another year for that...

-Pollyanna, signing out!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:47 pm
Legend of the Bloodstained Maiden RP

Here!  

kotaline

Deathly Darling

kotaline

Deathly Darling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:20 am
What you are//What you wish to be.

Pollyanna sat on the dock, staring out at all the ships. Look at them! They were solid, real. Ships were a fact of life on an island. Some were scarred like old soldiers, come in for repair. Others were shiny and new, ready to carry someone off on a voyage. Little fishing boats and big galleons, the port had plenty of everything.

Once it had held a pirate ship in its berth.

She remembered running over with Quidam to greet her father who would be strolling down the gangplank to greet his children with a smile and laugh. She had thrown a million questions about life at sea at him and he had asked her how she was and what she had been doing, and she had told him what mischiefs she was up to or what boys were being icky or what dish she had learned how to cook. And he had always acted like her story was much more interesting than his. It never was, though. It was just the mindless chatter of a little girl. He would always ask Quidam or Mother for a more accurate report after.

But her stories were swapped for his, and his stories had helped her decide what she wanted so badly to be. She decided she wanted to be a pirate. Cooking and cleaning, helping her mother every day, Pollyanna would daydream about it and imagine she too was out at sea. She would never be a captain, though. Her tricky and duplicitous mind had already figured out that though captains became legendary, they tended to be the first to walk the plank. And after all, every pirate wanted to be in control, right? A captain would have to fear traps from an ambitious crew member if he wasn't careful. No, Pollyanna would have a different job.

The only problem was she had no idea what job she would have. She had very few talents and even fewer that would be useful on a ship. She could imagine it now, she'd be the official deckswabber. That'd make her dad proud alright.

The thing was, she wasn't a pirate. Not yet. She could see it in Quidam and her father, the way they walked, talked, and moved. They were pegged as pirates by fate. But her? Right now she wasn't even a Pollyanna. That name suggested a loud, colourful, and eccentric young woman who was capable in a crisis. Pollyanna felt more like a Margaret or a Millicent or worse, Betty the Baker. She wasn't ready and it frustrated her. How could she be a pirate if inside she was barely a Pollyanna?

But it didn't matter, not really. No matter what she was inside, it was what she did on the outside that counted. She was going to force herself to be a pirate when she grew up, whether she was one inside yet or not. She would be even if it killed her!

Legends of the Grand Line

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff