Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vondra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:54 pm
(I dont' know whats happening to the 4th page) I'm Assemblies of God which is part Penecostal sweatdrop . We can be reserved at times, but we will stand up and shout and sing also. We also believe in speaking in tongues other than on the day of Pentecost.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:58 am
I go to a penticostal church, but i would say that, im born again, and washed by the blood of the Lamb, i dont think it should really matter what you are, as long as your washed by the Lambs blood of life and have been baptised ( a requirment of obedience to God, doesnt mean you wont go to heaven if you aint done it) and live and carry out Gods will then it doesnt matter what you are. You will go to heaven!  

Don Rich

Don Rich

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:59 am
Vondra
(I dont' know whats happening to the 4th page) I'm Assemblies of God which is part Penecostal sweatdrop . We can be reserved at times, but we will stand up and shout and sing also. We also believe in speaking in tongues other than on the day of Pentecost.

Our chruch is a part of the AOG aswell. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:58 pm
-=H!LT=-_-=
I go to a penticostal church, but i would say that, im born again, and washed by the blood of the Lamb, i dont think it should really matter what you are, as long as your washed by the Lambs blood of life and have been baptised ( a requirment of God) and live and carry out Gods will then it doesnt matter what you are. You will go to heaven!

Baptism is not required to reach heaven, but it is an act of obedience to God.  

PreacherBoy

Don Rich

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:14 pm
KiBlast
-=H!LT=-_-=
I go to a penticostal church, but i would say that, im born again, and washed by the blood of the Lamb, i dont think it should really matter what you are, as long as your washed by the Lambs blood of life and have been baptised ( a requirment of God) and live and carry out Gods will then it doesnt matter what you are. You will go to heaven!

Baptism is not required to reach heaven, but it is an act of obedience to God.

Yeah i know, i never mentioned that you have to get baptised to go to heaven, sory if it sounded that way! there is a church in my city which believe this...

I knew, i just knew that someone would say something along those line Ki-blast about what i said...

..You have to totaly think of what your going to say in here, your being watched like a hawk...sometimed seems abit unfriendly, bit others it grealy friendly orientated!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:36 pm
-=H!LT=-_-=
..You have to totaly think of what your going to say in here, your being watched like a hawk...sometimed seems abit unfriendly, bit others it grealy friendly orientated!

Matthew 12:36 - But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

You should always be very careful what you say, because you will be held accountable for it. And, the reason I point things like this out is not to insult you or anyone, but to make things clear which others may take the wrong way. I don't think you want to be held responsible for saying something that leads someone down the wrong road. Your words do affect other people.  

PreacherBoy

Vondra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:05 pm
-=H!LT=-_-=
Vondra

Our chruch is a part of the AOG aswell. ^_^
YIPPY! I'm not alone on this site!! (Not the only one that goes to an A/G church)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:59 pm
Non-denominational, but LOVING CHRIST. blaugh heart  

-Hugs-Of-Christ-

Woodlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:11 am
Very good point ItIsWritten, and I concurr. However, there is no mention of 'nondenominational' in the bible either. These are simply labels we, as identifying humans, apply to things. This is like when God brought all the animals to Adam for him to name. We have a need to 'name' ourselves. As far as doctrine, you are most correct, no church is to have any authority over them save God. All in all, we seem to be on very similar paths here. However, the normal expression of 'nondenominational' that I have seen is as stated above by KB and myself, which is why I asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:32 am
I'm a Christian, but I don't believe in much else besides the word of God.
I consider myself non-denominational, and I am somewhat in the dark as to why people make up stuff about God. Sure, different interpretations can still be good thanks to The Awesomeness that is God, but I'm not one to support things that other people see in the word that I just can not. Should I have a revelation, I'm more than willing to change.  

Kutsuke

Seimeis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:59 am
I think.. I'm eclectic. xd

I'm a Jewish believer.

When I was young I attended both a Baptist church on Sunday and an orthodox Jewish believing homegroup on Friday night.

I was baptised in the Baptist church we were attending.

We moved to another state and I started attending a large Messianic Congregation.

Over the years, sadly, the enemy has been hitting the Messianic congregations in my area hard. The old tactic of divide and conquer, aimed ruthlessly at places where Jews can come to believe. It's been a heartbraking mess that I'm still in prayer over. I've talked to the leadership at several of the congregations I've attended, but could not get resolution, and so I had to step back.

Over the last year and a half I have not had any place to attend, though I continue to pray, sing worship, read scripture, and take advantage of places like this to fellowship as well as opportunities to fellowship with other believing friends nearby.

Over the years I've attended many different types of churches as a visitor. There is a large, predominantly African American church here called the Potter's House, which is pentacostal, and I've attended there a number of times as well as watching it on tv. smile

So! I serve G-d. Probably most accurately I serve G-d like the believers of the New Testament. A practicing Jew who's been born again, and because we are all of the same body of Christ now, I can attend and fellowship with believers of different worship styles and ethnic backgrounds. If I go into a church and feel the Holy Spirit there, and can see the annointing on the leadership, and order, and discipleship, and genuine worship, I can go there. I can attend. I can be a part of their body and be comfortable, even though it may not be the style I prefer, which is a more Jewish style.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:26 pm
I'm also a Jewish believer in Y'shua, I attended a Messianic Synagogue for the 1st time tonight....the Spirit of G-d was there! Whoo hooo!!!
My home church is a non-denominational church that has pentecostal roots. Touching as to baptism and I'll make a thread later, I personally don't believe in the validity of infant baptism, I feel it is a concise choice we make after we accept the LORD. Baptism is an outward expression of an inward experiance.  

famusamu

ItIsWritten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:44 pm
Woodlock
Very good point ItIsWritten, and I concurr. However, there is no mention of 'nondenominational' in the bible either. These are simply labels we, as identifying humans, apply to things. This is like when God brought all the animals to Adam for him to name. We have a need to 'name' ourselves. As far as doctrine, you are most correct, no church is to have any authority over them save God. All in all, we seem to be on very similar paths here. However, the normal expression of 'nondenominational' that I have seen is as stated above by KB and myself, which is why I asked.

hrmm... that's a good point... I suppose in our efforts to not extra-Biblically label ourselves, we have done just that. xp I'll have to give some thought to what I tell others I am, especially since the word "nondenominational" seems to be taking on a new connotation.

As for having a need to name ourselves, I don't see why we should look anywhere outside the Bible for a designation. If what we would like to call ourselves falls outside the realm of the Bible, we should subjugate that desire to Christ's will, which is what we should try to do in all things.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:47 am
No denomination  

Troa_6986

ShenHazuki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:07 pm
i was baptised Wesleyan (basicly methodist except they dont baptise babies), but i might as well be non-denominational. If i had to call myself somthing id say Weslyan though  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff