Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Library (Essays, Articles and Resources)
kundalini yoga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrimsonGrimm

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:16 pm
Kundalini

The Kundalini is an energy force... Concentrated Consciousness that
moves when awakened through the 3 bodies... Moving as though through the physical body it releases all past and present vasannas and sanskaras, to see and go through... until they are dropped and cleared...

Kundalini may become activated in many ways, here is a short list:

By direct shaktipat (like one battery charging another)
By prayer and sincerely seeking the truth
Through an intense shock to the system
Through childbirth
Spontaneously - due to past lives working in this area
Through reiki either having done, or working with
By participating in any chi oriented martial arts system
Through yogic techniques
By drug use
From trance activities with heavy pranic overtones
By pranayam (breathing excercizes)
Through rebirthing shock
The ways and means of awakining kundalini are expanding and it is becoming more common to see kundalini awakinings come to the forefront. Once begun, some will have a short blast of experience and then it will recede. Many however will continue on until one completes the journey by blowing out all held conditionings and egoistic self ideas that wrap around form and body mind images.

Although having a great impact on the physical form it in the end has
little to do with form at all.... but simply to go beyond ego to merge with the Formless Constant or Pure Conscious Awareness, the
Emptiness of Being which all form merges from and returns to....

During it's upwards journey the 3 bodies or physical, subtle and causal will be transversed... Or you may say the physical, mental, and emotional bodies will be cleared....

On this journey you will see and experience many levels but remember all are only mind play, movements of consiousness.... the power
and energy come to a halt when the kundalini experience reaches it's end destination which is loss of ego and merging with the Source... within the Source there is only light the power ends as there is no longer any movement.... From there you will once again enter the flow of life Being simply Truth, Consciousness and Bliss.....

Clear of all past pre-conceived notions and illusions created by the forms
experience... There is no longer a feeling of "i am this form" but rather the Universe is Consciousness Moving... There is no i separate from Consciousness.... Only Consciousness beyond the form remains...
Ever conscious of the One and knows the many to be only seeming
aspects of the One....

Love and Blessings Sat*Chit*Anand shanti-shanti-shanti Om

swamiji@kundalinisupport.com

Kundalini Symptoms

Here is a short list of Kundalini Phenomena .... added to as people have recounted their personal journeys ... as you can imagine, it manifests in many differing ways, always bringing up all the cellular memories of self and the evolutionary mind of mankind to be dealt with and walked through.

The Blue Light
Seeing of Auras
Heat up the Spine (can be extreme)
Cold feeling flooding a chakra area
Feeling the Nervous System is short-circuiting (can be extreme)
Pulsing Energy at the Base of the Spine (can be painful)
Red Flame Pattern over Heart Chakra Area
Sounds internally heard:
1. Birds
2. like a train sound
3. Bells
3. A hissing or whistling sound
4. Someone quickly saying something in your ear (like Ha)
Extreme Sensitivity to Sound, Vibration Etc...
Siddhis such as complete knowledge on energy work
Feeling what is happening in someone elses body
Picking up others emotions
Normal photographs that pick-up light phenomenon and mists etc.
Body awareness changes - feeling larger - feeling smaller
Feeling as if you are here and not here
An absolute absence of thought
Bliss
Extreme Fear (note:this one is temporary)
Dreams of Snakes and Fires
Dreams of - religious and spiritual symbology
Samadhi states of Feeling Utterly connected with ALL - yet also
witnessing and not involved...
Finding the consciousness expanding to where you are not in the
body..(example seeing over the trees while you are at ground level)
Mudras (hand gestures ) spontaneously happen
Asanas (body postures) spontaneously happen
Body may move with certain music - uncontrolled pulsing or swaying
Feeling as if you are in a strong earthquake
Ability to manifest what is needed - once again a siddhi but do not
attach to these phenomena, let them go....
Seeing of internal lights (flashing lights in vision.... rotating
light)
Seeing the world in enhanced coloration
Yawning - Laughing - Crying
Note : this is a partial list... no two people have the same manifestations.... some have one - some have another .... hope this helps....

The following are more symptoms sent in by others as they wade through the various phenomena that comes along the way .......

Person #1

fragrance of flowers, either being smelled when none are around or having the body smell like them.
360 degree vision
Bilocation and time travel
The ability to transmit shakti by intent, touch, sight, voice
Appearing in the dreams of others to give shakti and instruction
Hearing internal music
Orgasmic bliss almost constantly. Even when a ray of sunshine touches the skin
Overwhelming love for others and need to express it in service
Microscopic vision...atomic level and deeper manipulate reality
Person #2

Energy rushing up spine or radiating out from the center of the body.
Constant buzzing and vibration in body.Sound of rushing water.
Occasional feeling of being lifted up.Sense of not being alone.
Fleeting visions projected onto people, occasionally seeing people in a different physical state.
Difficulty in relating to some people I previously felt close to.
Able to forgive and care for people I've previously disliked.
Deep empathy for my children.Lot's of dancing - my kids love this smile
Occasionally welling up with a wonderful, warm, joyful appreciation.
Starting to see a deep connection and continuity in everything.
New appreciation for and understanding of my body - we're pal's now smile
New appreciation for nature.No obvious improvement in grammar or spelling yet smile
Visual field increased, visual sensitivity to movement which hurts
sometimes, white specks in vision.
Intense and symbolic meditations.
Able to ask my husband to bring something home without calling him smile
If something is lost, I can find it!
Many nagging doubts - am I crazy? am I imaging this? on the flip side
I'm learning to just let it happen.
Some depression but seems to have passed.
Most recently I heard a voice "I am", can't remember the name but I began to move involunarily and hiss/growl or try to speak - a little unsettling smile This may have been a dream as it happened at night, I can't tell.
Person #3

Dreams shifting out of symbology and into the realm of abstract light, color, and static, including loss of dream awareness of the body...
The ability to exist in this "space" with no desire to return to symbology or sense of time
Dreams in which clear, continual, and highly detailed awareness of the micro- to macroscropic is maintained in the (very large) mind and is accessible to the body
Abilities to see/feel/sense through the "material" world (4 dimensions?) in dream and waking states
Awareness of electrical current in the body / awareness of the transformation of electrical current into different shapes/zones and into heavy, deep, fuzzy charges in the body
Other internal sounds: muted wooden clappers in sync with the breath (like the ears are the clappers), the sound of a 'spark' seeming to come from the center of the head
The (embarrassing!) inability to distinguish between events occuring during dreams and those occuring while awake
Total loss of body awareness... leaving the body... losing the body.
disconnection from the mundane functions of life (avoidance of conversation, difficulty focusing on work and interpersonal relationships...)
Person #4

I've felt like champagne, where every cell was popping and jumping,
and I've heard bagpipe music once...
only two that were not mentioned, but I'm very new to these sensations, and become more aware all the time of strange things.
Person #5

Being invisible, seeing everything
Sweetness in throat, honey like
Soma juice (nectar) dripping down throat or as a prelude something like phlegm in the back of throat but not "cold" related
Smelling fragrances
Sweet body smell (like a baby or sandal wood)
Spontaneous dancing
Singing during sleep waking you up
Bliss as a sweet (honey like) feeling moving throughout the body
Sexual inhibitions gone, may not be permanent
Sexual need gone, may not be permanent
Whole body eroticism, not sex related
Unconditional Love
Always finding a parking spot
Compassion and inner understanding for the other
Knowing the clear difference between sympathy and empathy
Knowing the clear difference between sacrifice and spontaneous help
No need to feel pity, may seem to others like insensitivity initially, this will fill out with true consideration of others
No need for moral rules, as one lives love, truth
Becoming younger in complexion
Just doing it, everything becomes 'no sweat' (anything that used to be a chore)
Sensing (feeling electricity as vibration) auras as though they are physical (which they in their subtlety are)
Wanting to be naked in a natural way
Being strong but not angry
Being loving but not needy
Extreme emotions but not hysteria
Spontaneous laughter (like yodelling) at the unreasonable self evident humour of it all
No need to meditate as practice
Meditational practice may feel unnatural or even painful
Ability to handle cold or heat easily, no feeling of being bothered by the usual bothers
Extreme sweating
Energy surges waking you up
You are all that is, cosmic being awareness
No bullshit Not playing games anymore
No need to eat for long times
No need to sleep for long times
Sleeping long times and loving it
Eating well and loving it

Enlightenment

Gaining Enlightenment...

"There is nothing that is to be learned, it is more of a process of letting go... you do not gain anything... how can you gain what has always been and will always be Reality.... You only drop the illusions of truth and surrender all a the so-called knowledge you have gained....
only then are the illusions dispelled and the Light of Truth remains... and Self is KNOWN...
... Beyond mind, beyond time, beyond body, beyond the transient realm of Maya to the Constant -- which IS the Self Alone...."
What it is like to be Enlightened...

E:If you were Enlightened, what would be different?

G: Nothing is different......

E: What do you think your experience of Reality would be?

G: the world moves forward as it is..... but instead of seeing the diversity as the ulitmate the One underneath it all is rested in..... Like the ocean reality or maya is simply the surface waves of moving consciousness.... shakti which manifests the underlying Ocean of Consciousness into a limited visible form..... But what is beneath and around and within that form is simply the same consciousness which comprises the Whole of the Ocean.... But in the calm of the depths you know the vastness instead of the limited......

E: It's been something that has been on my mind for some time now... Would it be vastly different?

G: Yes and no.... the paradoxical answer.... no the world moves the same.... but what has changed is your relationship to the world..... no longer caught up in the play thereof being in the world but not of it you remain going through the motions of everyday life.... but while the surface "personality" may be seen to be involved within the everyday emotions and foibles underneath within you the reality is a steady calm..... nothing moves the
center.... the waves still appear to manifest on the surface but you are absorbed in the deep.... where there is no movement.... that state within is utter calm........

E: Would it be an experience, or would it be an abiding feeling...that's my question.

G: Everything from then becomes Pure Experience.... No judging nor catagorizing.... no separation from the experience at hand it is entered into fully...... The feeling is one of continued Wholeness - Calm the peace which passes all understanding..... the differance is between one that gulps a
cheap wine versus a conniseur which smells the fragrance.... and feels the warmth and gets everything out of the experience of the moment...... not judging it good nor bad but simply the experience of the Eternal Moment which is ever in flux and fluid within the transient and stable being that it is none ending eternally ONE......

E:.How would you know, what would you expect to have happen?

G: hahahahah that is just it .... you expect Nothing and accept all things..... it just becomes an unfolding..... there is no longer expectation... nor anxiety.... nor desire.... just a centered calm in the midst of moving consciousness.... non -moving awareness....

E:It would probably help to know the territory, what do you believe you'd possess or know that you dont possess or know now?

G: You possess no longer anything.... even the so-called knowledge that you held and treasured receeds.... all is pulled away.... all drifts away..... but what has changed is the Perception.... instead of living within the noise and seeking the silence.... you are the Silence and the sound rises from there.....
instead of being within the play.... there is simply the pregnant emptiness wherefrom manifestation appears and then once again receeds into..... it is the Perception that is changed..... instead of the motion you are the stillness.... the motion continues on the surface but no longer moves the depths of Being......

E: This is a tough question, because it's an experiential answer, but it interests me...You see, my human nature is still very dear to me, so living as an Enlightened beingis tough to understand.

G: so enjoy your humaness ..... there is nothing wrong in that whatsoever.... but really enjoy it..... take time to slow down and be within it..... and guess what... you will then slip into the realm of Being....... hahahahaha enjoy the adventure at hand.....

http://kundalinisupport.com/index.htm  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:57 pm
As a person who has done this once, i do suggest not trying it if you are a beginner in such things, tis way to dangerous and harmful to teh body if your not prepared for it.  

Crimson Fox Of Tempests

CrimsonGrimm

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:58 pm
Crimson Fox Of Tempests
As a person who has done this once, i do suggest not trying it if you are a beginner in such things, tis way to dangerous and harmful to teh body if your not prepared for it.

What was it about your experience that would make you say that? How far did you get? What did you experience? How long did they last? Did you learn from a Guru or were you self taught? I can understand how there are certain foundations to be laid and precautions to be taken but isn't that the case with all things spiritual besides parrotting scriptures and sages? How are students of the occult supposed to learn and develop if they "stay way from the hard stuff" everytime they meet a challenge that is more difficult and takes longer the 5 minutes of saying om? I'm not trying to ridicule you, I just don't understand the automatic aversion to this practice in particular. Just curious as to what you mean by "dangerous and harmful".

Regards,

Grimm  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:42 pm
I should try this. I'm already familiar with yoga, I do it four days out of the week, I love it.

Thanks, I'm gonna copy it down.  

Medical Machinery

Crimson Fox Of Tempests

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:14 pm
CrimsonGrimm
Crimson Fox Of Tempests

What was it about your experience that would make you say that? How far did you get? What did you experience? How long did they last? Did you learn from a Guru or were you self taught? I can understand how there are certain foundations to be laid and precautions to be taken but isn't that the case with all things spiritual besides parrotting scriptures and sages? How are students of the occult supposed to learn and develop if they "stay way from the hard stuff" everytime they meet a challenge that is more difficult and takes longer the 5 minutes of saying om? I'm not trying to ridicule you, I just don't understand the automatic aversion to this practice in particular. Just curious as to what you mean by "dangerous and harmful".

Regards,

Grimm

i was only providing a caveat for those who are really beginners to this, you would not want to just start learning to cook and get thrown into a line at a five star restaurant would you?

as for my expereince, i am mostly self taught, and when i first tried teh kundilani release, i was very very inexpereinced. i ended up releasing so much heat into my back , the whole lower section had uncontrolable muscle spasms for three weeks straight, with a whoel slew of knots. yes it did provide a very powerful ecstatic trance, but when weighing the risks for it, i ratehr would like to have been more expereinced in my studies before doing something that far ahead, i do often partake in it now, but lieki said i am just givinga word of warning for teh less advanced.  
The Library (Essays, Articles and Resources)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games