Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Defenders
A little something to object to popular demand......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ayukichan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:17 am
What the crap is up with a stupid console name? Ignore it already. If you want to ban me or flame me for defending Nintendo (at least this is what this thread is supposed to be) just because the name is retarded, go ahead. I hate bashers anyway.

PO'ed attitude aside, what about the games, people? If they are fun and not ballyhooed like connectivity, that's what matters. If you are at E3 it'll just be a waste of time spending 2 days saying "Wii sucks!" What about all the cool games coming out? Sadness? Orb? Zelda? Smash Bros.? Many, many more are coming out for the system too. Just deal with it guys. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:33 pm
I have mixed opinions about the Wii, I personaly dont care to much what the name is, as long as the games are good. But then again, its going to take some time for me to get used to saying out loud to people, "Hey Im going to go play the Wii" Just sounds awkward. So yes, I agree that everyone shouldnt care to much about the name, but it is a slight issue for the certainr people with a small sence of security.  

Mr._Stabby

De Lupe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:52 pm
I'm still getting one, I will just never once refer to it as anything except the Revolution.

Me in a game store: "Excuse me sir, do you have any Revolution games?"

Worker: "What?"

Me: "Revolution... You know, the new Nintendo system."

Worker: "Oh... You mean the Wii?"

Me: "No... I mean the Revolution. *glares evily at the worker until he stops calling it the Wii. evil *  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:49 pm
Mr._Stabby
I have mixed opinions about the Wii, I personaly dont care to much what the name is, as long as the games are good. But then again, its going to take some time for me to get used to saying out loud to people, "Hey Im going to go play the Wii" Just sounds awkward. So yes, I agree that everyone shouldnt care to much about the name, but it is a slight issue for the certainr people with a small sence of security.

No man, it's "I'm going to play with my Wii, you guys wanna come?"
That's what I'll be saying anyway.  

stythe

TurMacar

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:53 pm
meh. Red Steel looks fracking awsome and if thats a launch title I can't wait for the games that come out once the developers are used to the system. I don't really care about the name that much but I do think Wii is kinda a weird choice when they're trying to lose their "kiddy" image and all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:12 pm
stythe
Mr._Stabby

hahahaha! get your mind out of the gutter so mine can float by! besides, it's funnier if you ask girls. yeah you might get kicked in the nutts, but it'll be hilarious. ^_^

"hey ladies, I'm goin home to play with my Wii, wanna join me?" *girls have red faces and laugh out of shock* "Get your minds out of the gutter so mine can float by." *girls laugh*

thats a good way to set up for some classic humor. open them up like a briefcase for a good joke. trust me, the gutter mind joke is great at conversations.  

RAPTOR948

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:03 am
Bah! I don't think the name is bad. In fact, I kind of like it, although I prefer calling it the "Nintendo Wii" rather than simply "Wii." It's not as much of a strain on your knuckles to type out a lot as "Revolution." xd

Either case, the game library is what's really important. In fact, if the games are as good as Nintendo promised (which they definitely will I may add), then the people who hate the name can forget that Nintendo even named their system that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:10 pm
I did find an article about the creator of DOA having desires to make games for Wii, so we may find a DOA game on Wii. that would be fun. ^_^  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:12 pm
RAPTOR948
stythe
Mr._Stabby

hahahaha! get your mind out of the gutter so mine can float by! besides, it's funnier if you ask girls. yeah you might get kicked in the nutts, but it'll be hilarious. ^_^

"hey ladies, I'm goin home to play with my Wii, wanna join me?" *girls have red faces and laugh out of shock* "Get your minds out of the gutter so mine can float by." *girls laugh*

thats a good way to set up for some classic humor. open them up like a briefcase for a good joke. trust me, the gutter mind joke is great at conversations.

They won't get mad if I let them play with my Wiimote.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 pm
there's gonna be a lot to handle when Wii comes out. so have your funds ready! ^__^  

RAPTOR948

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:45 pm
RAPTOR948
there's gonna be a lot to handle when Wii comes out. so have your funds ready! ^__^

for all who don't have jobs, start getting them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:39 am
I'm ticked about the name, too many sexual inneundos to be made about it. Espicially with the vibrating contoller in the shape it's in. Me and all my friends refuse to call it anything other then the Revolution, unless were making fun of the name. But there are a few games I'm getting, Zelda, which comes out the month after I leave for bootcamp, stressed Project HAMMER, and Smash bros, I SO want to paly as solid snake!  

Chaos_The_Chosen_One

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:48 pm
for one, screw bootcamp! military service now means you'll die in a pointless war!

and for two, I dont have a job, but I have social security because I'm mentally disabled, having ADHD and I'm austistic(though my brother said it was my autism that led people to belive I was ADHD).

I did catch some info regarding other games for Wii. ^__^

Mortal Kombat Armageddon! coming to Wii in the first quarter of 2007! ^__^ I so happy! ^__^ it means I wont miss out on awesome MK action, or the opportunity to make my own custom fighter and duke it out against other fighters online. ^__^

DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2: you can switch between two control schemes. the Wiimote + nunchuku control style which lets you use DBZ special attacks like Goku's Kamehameha wave, Vegeta's Final Flash, and Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, all by swinging the Wiimote and Nunchuku like the arms of the DBZ fighters(so you can be a freak and unleash Broly's fury with a single arm multi-ki blast attack like in his debut DBZ movie), and if your arms get tired rom fireing so much, you can plug in your GC controller and relax your arms and let your fingers and thumbs do the work with button pressing. ^__^ my bro is excited about it(he's my older bro, I'm the youngest of my siblings).

an all new Prince of Persia game has been slated for the Wii, not much known yet but it sounds fun already. ^__^

a Resident Evil game has been slated for Wii, though Wii may get more in terms of Resident Evil. ^__^ the Wii Resident Evil game will play like RE4, and expected characters are Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield. ^__^ so it'll take advantage of the innovative control style of Wii, plays like RE4, but it'll probably have a character switch like RE:CV, or have a dual character system like RE0. maybe it'll be two player with split screen? that would be rather helpful, get a partner to help you slay the undead. ^__^

overall I look forward to the games to be released on Wii. ^__^  
Nintendo Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff