Mirage (closed/dead) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:23 am
Intro
In the year 2048, Vincent Jesiger was plastered all over the news. The head of a huge company called Jesiger Industries announced several years earlier that a revolutionary project was in the works at his company, something that would be more grand and more spectacular than anything his company had shown the word before. His initial intention, as spoken to the public, was to create machines with the ability to hook into people's minds and relieve them of their every day stress while also performing minor tasks around the home, commanded by the owner. What the project became was quite different. Now, in the year 2048, he was rumored to have been admitted to a mental hospital after violent and crazed antics at home drove his wife to get him help. He was out within two days. Many suspected that money was what persuaded the doctors to claim that Vincent Jesiger was in perfect health. Some believed that Vincent Jesiger had truly gone off of the deep end. Only a year later, they would be proved right. Despite speculation, hundreds of millions of people from all corners of the globe gathered at announced "unveiling" areas all over the world. People were curious and fascinated by this new advance in technology from the same company that gave them highly advanced hologram technology and hover boards. Here, many people were killed. The project that was supposed to bring such contentment in the world brought about a near apocalypse. The machines were not what they were supposed to be. In the form of human skeletons, dinosaurs, and tiny, virtually invisible bugs, they slaughtered millions. Able to hook into peoples' minds and bring forth the most intense emotions and torturing memories, the Mirages would make the humans completely vulnerable, standing in an unaware stupor or screaming in agony before they ripped them apart. They spread across all land, destroying homes, families, and lives. Resistance seemed futile, because no one could immediately figure out how to keep the Mirages out of their heads. Then, in early 2050, Vincent Jesiger's youngest daughter fled under cover of night on a hover board. She didn't have a prayer of surviving the Outside World, but then she met Eric Gunther. Together, they formed a resistance and, on their way to a base Gunther knew about on the east coast, tried their best to gather survivors. These people became the first members of the resistance, Hope's Soldiers...

The Mirage

((This is an old MSN RP that died. Ziko was involved in it and wanted me to start the thread here so... I did. So... if the idea sucks, blame Ziko! Anyways, the site is REQUIRED READING! Please read. But there's some things that don't pertain to this story line:

1. The "California Incident" hasn't happened yet.
2. Some characters can't be played:
-Pen (
-Gunther
-Doc
-Cholette
-Byanka
-Vincent
3. Type Fives don't exist yet.
4. Crushers don't exist yet.
5. Very few Mirages have been killed.

I'm basically starting from the beginning, and not where we got to in the RP. We can take a completely different course, if we want to. But first, characters are needed. Feel free to play the ones already created or make your own, but we need these characters:

-Dourage: Kym's brother.
-Ryutarou: Kym's ex-boyfriend, Dourage's best friend.
-Cassandra: A half-crazed girl, has strange, cryptic visions.
-Zedae: Doc's assistant. Highly and very oddly loyal to Kym, her "rescuer."
-Troy One of the first Soldiers, black boy from the hood type of guy.
-Tag Very intelligent, very solitary, very focused. 'Nother Soldier.
-Naomi Lost her two children, a bit cold, but very loyal. Soldier.

Undoubtedly, there will be questions. If you're taking a character and need extra information (which you probably will, please check), or if you're just plain confused about things, IM be on AIM at Mandanessables or PM me if you don't have AIM. Um... let the games begin?))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:03 pm
[[YAY! Old memories live on! I need your opinion on something though, Manda. Would you rather Tsurai come in again or should I play Zedae? I always had a thing for Zedae...

Also, you need to give information on how to post someone's bio if they want to join. Look at some other threads for examples. sweatdrop ]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:56 pm
((Oops! Meh! Geh! Gaaah! I blame YOU! ~points~ Sorry. Anywhozzles... hmm... I'd like to see your take on Zedae, but Tsurai was fun, 'cause he was odd. o.0 I'unno, whatever you're feeling up to. And I guess I'll use the profile I have on the comm...

-Profiles-
Full name: [First, Middle, Last, all that apply]
Sex: [Male/Female]
Race: [What race your character is (don't say 'human').]
Birthdate: [Month and day of birth]
Family: [Mother, Father, Siblings, close relatives. First and last names if applicable. Status (dead, alive, coma, unknown, presumed, etc.) is requested.]
Height: [How tall is your character?]
Weight: [How much does your character weigh?]
Eye Color: [What's the color of their eyes?]
Hair Color: [What's the color of their hair?]
Hair Texture: [Straight, Wavy, Curly]
Hair Length: [How long is their hair?]
Skin Tone: [What's the color of their skin? (Note: Please keep in mind that sun is lacking at present.)]
Body Frame/Build: [Small, medium, large, lithe, strong, whatever]
Sexual Preference: [males, females, males and females]
Physical Capabilities: [How strong (or in some cases, how weak) your character is]
Inabilities: [If they have an inabilty to do something psychically, mentally, if they have a mortal fear of something]
Medical Problems: [You'd be surprised. If your character has trouble with a medical problem (be it physical or mental).]
Personality: [What they're like. How they interact with people. Their outlook on life.]
History: [Brief summary of your character's life.]

Ummm... you don't have to fill out the WHOLE thing if you dun wanna, I guess.))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:44 am
[[Heh. Then I have some history reading up to do. 3nodding
Also, to join, do we have to PM you the bios or post them here before our post or what?]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:10 am
((Jeez, can't make this easy on me can you? Heh... eh, here would be better. That way everyone else can see an' all. Oh, and another thing... if you're gonna try to play an already made character, you can alter their history and personality to your liking, as long as it's not way off of what they were originally. Like, you can't have Dourage compeltely resent his father. The whole idea behind Dourage is that he's like his father. Any questions, IM or PM me.))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:14 pm
((holy hell i finished it!! I posteth!))

Full name: Chitaru Rose Florenz
Sex: Female
Race: Chi’s mother was a mix of asian groups, mostly Japanese, an immigrant, and her father was from spain. More of Her Spanish heritage shows in her heavy accent, but the Asian background is obvious as well by her appearance.
Birthdate]: May 13
Family: Father: Raphael Florenz, a man who grew up in the Spanish countryside, disciplined by way of the Rapier. After Chi’s mother Sakura cut all ties and her older brother died, he took her away back to Spain and raised her in his small home. Her older brother, Ryuske Florenz, was a practitioner in medicine, and was on the brink to find a cure for many rare illnesses right before his death.
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 120 lbs
Eye Color: Cold bluish green
Hair Color: Black
Hair Texture: straight
Hair Length: Waist
Skin Tone: mostly pale, but not so much that she looks dead due to her Asian roots.
Body Frame/Build: Small, slender, fit
Sexual Preference: males
Physical Capabilities: Chi is extremely capable of defending herself, more than the average woman, but a strong man could probably take her down.
Inabilities: She is claustrophobic, she cannot stand being in a closed space. Chi has a mortal fear of being trapped, and hates water.
Medical Problems: Has a limp in her right leg after a lot of physical activity. She shuts down at the mention of her brother, literally going into a mental breakdown.
Personality: Chi has a tendency to be very secretive, somewhat of a lone wolf. Her cool, unemotional personality has created many enemies, but she does not mind, as she likes to be alone. But the loneliness can set in at times. It slowly drives her insane in an emotional sense. She has wishes to be noticed deep down, but other occasions she just wants people to let her be. A very wavering person, unstable at times.
History: Little is known about her history, and she tends to be very closed about the subject. She was born in Spain, into a poverty-stricken family. Her elder brother Ryuske was shot to death in front of her when she was 12, and she spends her time searching for the one who murdered him. Her mother wished nothing to do with her, and she was raised by her father until he died shortly before her brother’s death of a strange illness. She was informed of her mother’s death a few years later, and went to pay her respects, but the body mysteriously disappeared before she arrived. This did not sway much of a bother to Chi, for her mother was not close to her at all, and had no attachments whatsoever.  

Catwagon

Business Businesswoman

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:50 pm
((Woo! ~does the "got a character in my thread" dance~))  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:16 pm
[[Hey, uh, manda, this probably is gonna sound bad, but shouldn't you post?]]  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

Mandanessables

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:52 pm
((Came up with a slightly better intro.))

Kym ran as fast as she could, but the kid was really slowing her down. How this kid even survived so long in this place would be a wonder if Kym hadn't witnessed the little one's father being beaten to death by a Type One moments before she landed in this god forsaken area.

"Come on!" Kym bent down to lift the child, no older than seven, in her arms. She was a light little thing. After all, it wasn't like there was bountiful food around for her to eat. The poor, little thing was shaking. She was in shambles from what she saw... from what no kid should have to see. Kym held her close and continued running, skidding to a hault behind a barely intact wall of what must have been an apartment building at one time. It had alot of broken windows. She kicked up a cloud of dust and rubble before she could stop.

The kid kept whimpering. "Daddy..."

"Shh, shh, it's okay."

Kym didn't want to actually physically have to clasp a hand over the kid's mouth, but this place was crawling with Mirages.

"Daddy said... look for... a good place... with no robots..." the child stuttered through sniffles.

"Shh, I know." Kym tried to brush away some of the little one's tears with her finger tips. "I'm going to take you to that place, okay? But you have to be--"

The kid suddenly screamed and Kym turned her head to find out why. There stood a Type One, having followed their tracks. The child continued to scream and clung(?) to her shoulders with a bruising grip.

"Kid... let go... I have to..." Kym was desperately trying to get at a compartment in her belt and managed to take out a Holodisk, but it was too late. Although, strangely, the monster didn't dare step closer to her, it began its mind tricks.

Kym froze as flashes of things she tried to forget played in her mind's eye. She saw her mother, just like she remembered, with a gun pointing to her head. The Mirage was making her relive that moment. They always did. Kym couldn't close her eyes. Why didn't she close her eyes?

Just as her mother pulled the trigger, the child picked up the odd little disk-shaped contraption in her hand and threw it at the Mirage. This made it stumble back a bit in surprise and let go of its mental hold on Kym. She gasped and leaned against the wall, almost falling to her knees from the intense vision. A hologram of Kym, standing in a tortured stupor, and the child, grabbing the disk from her hand stood between them and the Type One. It took Kym only a split second to figure out what was going on, and she immediately took off.

"Pen! I need my board!" Kym shouted into her headset.

"I can't see you!" Pen whined. "That place needs some serious camera repairs... oh! I see you now!"

No sooner were those words said did her board come sailing across the rubble of the previously prosperous city -- although she was unsure of which one it was -- and come right to her. Kym jumped on, holding tight onto the child, who hadn't loosened her death grip around Kym's shoulders in the slightest, and kicked the board up and into the air, speeding away from the Mirage-infested wreck. She only looked back to watch the Type One try to grab and beat at the hologram, particularly the little girl, and it took a few swings for the robot to understand.

It looked up and Kym could see its glowing, red eyes staring off after them. Kym immediately turned her head away and looked straight ahead. The kid buried her face in Kym's shoulders and began to cry, from relief or grief or both. Kym sighed and patted the child's back and, although she knew the kid probably wouldn't hear her over the whip and roar of the wind as they headed towards the Sanctuary, she whispered, "It's okay... you'll be safe now... I promise."

((Like I said, only slightly better.))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:32 pm
((Meep. Com'mon, people. Let's not let this thread die before it's even staaaarted. ><'))  

Mandanessables

Ryuuno Haruka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:04 pm
(( Agh. I have been tempted into yet another RP. sweatdrop I suppouse this would be an RP to bring an incarnation of my streetfighter into.....

Full name: Akira Karyuuno, A.K.A "Bonebreaker", "Firebitch", and "Dragon"
Sex: Female
Race: Japanese
Birthdate: January 1
Family: Hoshi Karyuuno (Mother, Deceased), Sanjuro Karyuuno (Father, presumed dead), Junko (Younger Sister, Deceased), Midori (Younger sister, Deceased) and Keiko (Very close 'friend', Deceased)
Height: 2 meters (Something just over 6'6")
Weight: 190 lbs
Eye Color: brown
Hair Color: Black; once bleached blond all the way to the roots, but now only the tips are bleached
Hair Texture: Straight
Hair Length: Approximately anywhere from an inch to two inches.
Skin Tone: A cream color
Body Frame/Build: Acrobatic
Sexual Preference: Asexual, formerly female
Physical Capabilities: Akira is suprisingly strong for her apparent lack of muscle. Nicknamed "Bonebreaker" for her tendecy to break bones, she usually goes after the easy ones like kneecaps and clavicles. Her fighting style is a mix of Aikido, Boxing and streetfighting.
Inabilities: Akira doesn't do short spaces very well. She also has a tendecy to take the shortest and probably the most dangerous route or chose the most dangerous plan. Seeing another asian tends to freak her out a bit, more so if the person looks like one of her dead beloved.
Medical Problems: Akira is in almost perfect health-wise...physically. Mentally she's a bit of a mess. THe ex-streetfighter is anti-social and somewhat Schizophrenic. There are times when she sees a dead relative and talks to them or beleives they're giving her unneeded advice. Then the streetfighter is under the impression that Keiko is still with her most of the time. Mentioning that any of them are dead tends to send her into a berserker rage. Before the destruction started she had the beginnings of a drinking problem too.
Personality: Akira is aggressive, prefering to do something like kick the door down instead of looking to see if it's locked. She dislikes getting advice when she sees it as unneeded and refuses to beleive her relatives and Keiko are dead.
History: Akira was born and raised in Tokyo. She was intelligent and did well in school as long as she was left alone. In junior high school her peers began picking on her for her choice of street clothes and hairstyle. It was then that she began getting into fights. Worried about her, Akira's parents sent her to a psychaitrist(SP?). The man found that she felt no remorse for nearly killing several of her peers and kept a close eye on her.
It was only because of her scores that Akira got into a highschool. Keiko and Akira met there and became fast friends since Keiko was the only one not picking on her again. This time the school gangs joined in. Given that the school wasn't the best, the yakuza had been watching it and recruiting kids. She was invited into one of their underground entry-level tournaments. At that tournament she went home with several hundred thousand yen and the satisfaction of beating men older than her.
Akira dropped out of school and moved out a year later. Living in a rented warehouse, she kept contact with her family and met nearly every day with Keiko. Given her penchant for getting into trouble, it was about a year after that when Akira found that it would be a good idea to temporarily leave the country to avoid the cops. The streetfighter sold her possessions and bought tickets for all of them to America.
By 2048 they were comfortably settled again. This time Akira's family and Keiko were living off of the streetfighter's money. They didn't know where the money was coming from and didn't ask. For the next two years she traveled across the country, participating in underground fights and winning money. Then the day of the "Unveiling" she came home and was almost dragged off to one. Unfortunately the place that she had bought to live in was close to the pre-arranged area.
Firmly beleiving that his daughter no longer fought, Sanjuro tried to make a stand against the robots while ordering his wife to drag the family away. The next person in the family to fall was Hoshi followed by Junko, both of whom wanted to go back for Sanjuro. Akira managed to throw her youngest sister over her shoulder and drag her away. On the run for the next year, Akira managed to keep an eye on Midori until she wandered off right into the arms of a Type One. Distraught, Akira scrabbled to hold onto Keiko and keep her safe, but ended up trying too hard. By the beginning of 2050 Akira was on her own, dodging the machines and talking to her family.

))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:07 am
Full name: Jake "Tsurai" DuPloy
Sex: Male
Race: 1/8 Cherokee Indian, 7/8 mutt. xd
Birthdate: September 18
Family: Father, Brian DuPloy: Unknown. Mother, Wendy DuPloy, Daughter, Sara DuPloy, spouse, Kris McKade, status: All dead.
Height: Five fett, four inches.
Weight: 206 pounds
Eye color: Green
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Hair Texture: Straight
Hair Length: To about mid-neck
Skin Tone: Very slightly brown, from lots of sirt stains that won't come off.
Body frame/build: Rather skinny but has enough muscle on him to be called 'well-built'
Sexual Preference: Females
Physical Capabilities: Well versed in hand-to-hand combat, can hold his own in a fight. He can push himself to the point where his body can take no more, which was wired in him from multiple beatings in his past.
Inabilities: Tsurai can't feel anything on his back, unless he really concentrates. His anger management is also lacking. He can read numbers, but not letters or words.
Medical Problems: He is Extremely Bipolar, possible schiztophrenic. Whenever he takes any drug, he goes into a mass rage. And similiarly, when off drugs for too long, a rage occurs as a withdrawl effect.
Personality: Tsurai doesn't act his age at all. He may be serious on the outside, even very threatening and self-centered at first glance, but when someone gets to know him, he acts like a little kid. Withdrawn because of his mental problems at times, he tends to sit alone by himself and think about his past.
History: Jake, now known as Tsurai, had a tought childhood. His father was a drug lord in Atlanta Georgia, paying off leaders or threatening them with mob attacks if they didn't do what he said. In this way, Brian was ruling the whole city. He had a fondness for old things: guns, swords, antiques, even medical precedures.
Brian and Wendy, Tsurai's mother, would heavily abuse Tsurai. They threw him out multiple times, gangs beating him in and then stabbing him in the back.
When Tsurai would get hurt in such ways, he went to a special doctor who burned all his wounds shut, hence the many scars on his back, and his lack of feeling there.
At 10, Tsurai was brainwashed into raping his mother, and somehow, she got pregnant. Tsurai became a father of Sarah, a mentally retarded girl, who would adopt a mother, Kris McKade, who was Tsurai's girlfriend later in life.
Brian would test out new drugs on his son, forcing him to snuff, smoke, and even inject. One day, when Tsurai was high, Brian decide to take the advantage over his son, and mold the child's rage to kill his own daughter, Sarah, right in front of Kris. Kris was later stabbed to death by Tsurai, as well.
Lots of time passed, and at his 18th birthday, Tsurai finally ran from home. The Mirage had not been in Atlanta for some reason, so when Tsurai came to different states, he had no idea what he was going up against...  

[Q]
Captain

Elder

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:34 pm
[[This is going to be practically a carbon copy of what I did for my last intro, but I doubt you remember it anyway so... =p]]

Tsurai had lost count of how many days he had been walking.

He had run from his old home in Atlanta, Georgia, a prosperous city, and then about seven days later of hitch hiking and plain walking, he found himself in what seemed a barren wasteland.

It had been a miracle, simply, that that Tsurai had encountered no Mirages during his long period of walking in the wasteland.

He had given up himself to walk at the shore of the ocean, which was brown with debris, mud, and other junk. The eighteen year old had found himself an old leather trenchcoat near there, as well as some washed up debris of food, which he ate with no mercy.

Everything really tasted like crap nowadays, because the water soaked into wrappers if they weren't already open, and that not only added salt but also a distinct taste of s**t.

It was as if one was literally eating someone else's feces. It wasn't a pretty thought, but Tsurai had managed to get used to the taste.

And aside from his whole body aching with the constant walking, he seemed to be doing fine in the whole running away scenario. His parents hadn't found him or sent people after him, and no cops either.

Finding food wasn't all that hard, even though it was in short supply, because he was right next to the very polluted ocean.

It was amazing what people threw away.

Green eyes had been searching the ground this day for food, and to Tsurai's surprise, he found an energy bar.

The whole energy bar in itself wasn't a surprise. It was the whole still being wrapped thing.

The eighteen year old picked up the bar, and began to unwrap it as he started to walk again, when he heard something behind him. Something... Mechanical.

This was akward. Usually this whole area was so quiet it made Tsurai nervous. The eighteen year old turned around, only to see a Type One Mirage, which, from Tsurai's eyes, he thought was a cop. Afterall, it did look like one of Atlanta's relatively new policemen.

Tsurai glared at the thing for a moment, looking to his energy bar then to the Mirage.

It was just... Standing there.

With a shrug, Tsurai jumped onto the Mirage and shoved the energy bar into the machine's chest cavity, the heat and sparks forcing the bar to melt and stick to the steel, temporarily making the Mirage freeze in place before it could recooperate.

Tsurai pushed off the machine and began to run for his life, his flat leather shoes allowing him to feel everything beneath his feet while he gripped it with his toes and hopped to find some remnants of a building for shelter.

But because of the man's current malnutrition, he got tired quickly, and deluding himself with false confidence, he tripped and fell flat on his face.

Of course, the mirage was quick to catch up, and when Tsurai rolled over on his back, the thing's red beady eyes were staring down at him.

"What the ******** do you want from me?!" he screamed to think thing. "I ain't going back!"

He tried to get up, but the Type one stomped down on his chest, pushing down on the man's ribs.

Tsurai found it hard to breathe, and then his father came in. Brian.

What the hell was h doing here? With a baseball bat no less.

Brian had his foot on Tsurai's chest, pushing down, laughing at the boy's inability to breathe properly.

Tsurai responded by trying to punch the foot off him, but ended up only hurting his right fist, letting out a shout of pain.

This was unexpected from the Mirage and Brian, and the foot briefly let go, for Tsurai to roll to the side.

But that didn't stop the onslaught. The bat kept coming, and Tsurai was futile trying to dodge.

The wooden thing felt like steel going straight for his head, and Tsurai screamed in response.

The mirage once again had him, and it kneeled down, giving a volley of punches to its victim's chest, ribs crunching from the force, blood spraying forth from the mouth.

It was all Tsurai could do to remain concious, but he didn't even think he wanted to do that, as his hold on his own life was quickly slipping away...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:48 pm
((have any of you ever considered making this into a movie? i mean, god, the storyline is beautiful and all the characters are so deep and well thought out..... holy crap.... on a scale of one to ten i give it a million and forty!! O.o ^-^))  

Catwagon

Business Businesswoman

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

[Q]
Captain

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:58 pm
[[I actually considered it, but screenwriting is so damned hard... -has tried and failed- Now a book, that'd be cool and easier.]]  
The Crimson Ibis: Dead Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff