Reply ::Gamer Chicks::
Grammar Nazi Strikes Again! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Casseh Valentine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:18 pm
Wow, I'm not a gamer if I'm a Grammar Nazi? Wow, I just love your logic. stare *proud grammar nazi*

Anywho, I too am guilty of typing out full sentences while IM'ing. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:29 pm
yeah thats right.

i will say it to the day i die.
you ARE NOT A GAMER IF YOU HATE,CANT OR REFUSE TO READ ANY THING BECUASE OF GAMER CHAT.

you CANT say omg or lol is ok but not u or r, if you think that u are not a gamer.

I am not saying u cant play games becuase i dont type like it or cant read it.

i am not saying u Have to type like that.

I am only saying u are NOT a hardcore gamer if u cant read it or hate it. you shouldnt call your self a gamer if u cant read it or refuse to read it.

Its like some 1 calling them selfs a computer nerd and them not knowing how to refomat there computer. ( in this case they would not be a computer type of person, they would just have a computer that they use)
nothing more.

you can see that i am not a dumb a**. i am just a hardcore gamer.
by some brainless ppl not being able to read gamer chat. and then calling bitching about it in a gamer guild.

so before u step in to a gamer guild respect gamer chat. or dont call your self a gamer.  

Deathwish

Ashella

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:54 pm
Deathwish
yeah thats right.

you ARE NOT A GAMER IF YOU HATE,CANT OR REFUSE TO READ ANY THING BECUASE OF GAMER CHAT.

you CANT say omg or lol is ok but not u or r, if you think that u are not a gamer.

I am only saying u are NOT a hardcore gamer if u cant read it or hate it. you shouldnt call your self a gamer if u cant read it or refuse to read it.

Its like some 1 calling them selfs a computer nerd and them not knowing how to refomat there computer. ( in this case they would not be a computer type of person, they would just have a computer that they use)
nothing more.

by some brainless ppl not being able to read gamer chat. and then calling bitching about it in a gamer guild.

so before u step in to a gamer guild respect gamer chat. or dont call your self a gamer.

... You cannot be serious.

I wasn't aware that not heeding the basic rules of English grammar was a prerequisite for being a hardcore gamer. Silly me, I thought it was the love of games that made you a gamer. I guess I'll forget all I've learned in my years and years of schooling and start talking like I have no idea how to spell so that I can fit into your mold of what a gamer should be.

Disliking bad grammar does not disqualify you from being a gamer. Your analogy is terribly flawed as well. Gamers can read "gamer"-speak, but it's a hassle to do so, or for those of us who think it is a pity to destroy the English language out of pure laziness, it's a sad sight and something we would rather not deal with.

You can type however you wish; I know it is pointless to ask people to avoid "gamer"-speak. However, don't act as if you are a better gamer than those who do not use your preferred form of writing.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:06 pm
Ashella
Deathwish
yeah thats right.

nothing more.

I wasn't aware that not heeding the basic rules of English grammar was a prerequisite for being a hardcore gamer. Silly me, I thought it was the love of games that made you a gamer. I guess I'll forget all I've learned in my years and years of schooling and start talking like I have no idea how to spell so that I can fit into your mold of what a gamer should be.

Disliking bad grammar does not disqualify you from being a gamer. Your analogy is terribly flawed as well. Gamers can read "gamer"-speak, but it's a hassle to do so, or for those of us who think it is a pity to destroy the English language out of pure laziness, it's a sad sight and something we would rather not deal with.

You can type however you wish; I know it is pointless to ask people to avoid "gamer"-speak. However, don't act as if you are a better gamer than those who do not use your preferred form of writing.
i am not going to get in a fight over this.

if u cant read and under stand my post STFU. cuz i dont wana talk to you.  

Deathwish

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:02 am
*dies* I was just about to say Amen, but I think Huston, we have a problem. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:06 am
~Godess_Anthopa~
*dies* I was just about to say Amen, but I think Huston, we have a problem. eek

ninja Yup ninja xd  

Gale-chan

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:07 am
Um.let's all get sugar high and play video games...? sweatdrop eek  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:02 am
Thank you! I now know I'm not the only grammar/spelling nazi. It is like hitting your head against a wall. I've always thought that as long as your polite, perfect grammar isn't absolutely necessary though one should make an effort! Oh well, we must band together and fight the stupidity! wink  

skullgrl

Ashella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:33 pm
Deathwish
Ashella
Deathwish
yeah thats right.

nothing more.

Gee, whatever happened to being polite? Lost art these days.

I wasn't a bit rude to you, and you've been nothing but insulting to the rest of us. You need to calm down and stop being so aggressive.

You started the fight. Don't yell at me and act as if I did.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:37 pm
I can be a bit of a grammar nazi (I'm an English major, it would be a shame if I wasn't) but I know not everyone can spell correctly or know correct grammar. I love to see other people making a big deal out of spelling out words though. I feel like my head is going to explode when I see posts made out of txt or l337.

MakanaVermillion

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:25 am
MakanaVermillion
I can be a bit of a grammar nazi (I'm an English major, it would be a shame if I wasn't) but I know not everyone can spell correctly or know correct grammar. I love to see other people making a big deal out of spelling out words though. I feel like my head is going to explode when I see posts made out of txt or l337.
I know! like the occassional 'lol''s and 'rofl''s and 'brb''s arn't that bad, but when you got posts made of 'u''s and 'r''s and 'OMFFAG HE IS SOOO HOT AND U BETTRE STAY AAWY BECAUSE HE IS MIEN HAHAHAHAHA!!!!1!111!!!!!!', it's just plain annoying. I mean, I make typos on a regular basis and almost all my posts have atleast one typo in them, but I mean if it's accidental that's different.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:24 pm
I have a common problem, its that i almost always spell the as teh. Is that ok or do i have to change it?  

Evinta

Amiah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:11 pm
Why should the way you type determine if you are a "true" gamer. Being a gamer had nothing to do with the way to type. We are in this guild to sahre a common interest, not to start up fights when someone makes a polite request.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:14 pm
Deathwish
Ashella
Deathwish
yeah thats right.

nothing more.

Grow up.  

Amiah

ch4nel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:08 pm
I love Grammar Nazi. xDD j/k

Thank you for making this thread.

::Gamer Chicks::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers