Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[r] a little assistance [madriu/saiph/cuan]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:00 pm
It itched at Madriu, having to rely on someone else for help. But he'd promised Saiph he would show up to meet her and her Mauvian, Cuan, and so he would follow through. Breaking a promise to a chibi like that seemed...like an a*****e thing to do, and frankly, Madriu didn't have room to be an a*****e.

So he'd come back to the alley where he'd met her, and had decided to avoid dumpster diving this time. He was getting the hang of scavenging more, now--just needed to be careful and thoughtful, and not too obvious--and he didn't need to do it nearly as often.

Also, it would be nice to meet her without crawling out of a dumpster.

He leaned by the entrance to the alleyway, pulling his jacket close as a shield against the night's chill.

eldritch stardust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:32 pm
"I wish you'd just let me carry you, Cuan," Saiph grumbled as she jogged along, wanting to reach the meeting place as quickly as possible. "It would be a lot quicker."

"And less dignified," the speaker was out of sight, but the voice came from near ground level. "If you're introducing me to a real life spaceman, I want my dignity."

Slowing to a walk, Saiph shook her head and rolled her eyes good naturedly. Trust the kitten to worry about being dignified. Oh well, Cuan's quirks were mostly harmless and she doubted that Madriu would leave after a few seconds wait. Peering into the dim light, she thought she saw a man sized shadow in the midst of deeper shadows. Waving her arm and hoping it wasn't mistaken identity, the chibi grinned.

"On your best behavior now, Cuan," she muttered.

For her part, Cuan was ecstatic over the idea of meeting a truly alien senshi. It was new, it was exciting! It was... going to take place within proximity to a dumpster. Okay. Fine. She could work with that.

Twitching her nose in distaste, she watched her senshi smile and wave. Taking a moment to sit and clean her whiskers, the little Mauvian wondered about this strange new senshi. It was strange to think of an actual alien in town after all the Negaverse's xenophobic nonsense. Not that any of the senshi she knew were aliens. Maybe in the long distant past, but not anymore.

"I hope that's your new friend, Saiph. I'd hate to waste grooming time on a random hobo."

Noir Songbird

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:24 pm
There: a familiar figure, waving to greet him. Madriu stepped out of the alley and into the illumination of a streetlight, ears twitching uncomfortably. Ugh, everything felt...rusty. He'd run into so few people, and actively approaching someone, even for a planned conversation, made something in him itch.

Clearly, his social skills really had degraded over the centuries.

"Saiph," he greeted, and he glanced down, and yes--a Mauvian, with the telltale star. "And you're Cuan? Sailor Madriu," if he was a little gruff introducing himself, well. Hopefully Saiph had warned her feline companion that he wasn't exactly the friendliest.

eldritch stardust

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:47 pm
Saiph had decided after their last meeting that Madriu was super rusty as far as peopling went. So when his greeting was gruff and short, she took no offense, merely smiling and taking a step to the side to let the little light there was fall on Cuan's tiny body.

"Hi Madriu!" she began. "As promised, please meet my guardian cat, Cuan Oilean. I told her as much as I could about you and unfortunately, she hasn't heard of aliens like you in town, but..."

"But," Cuan spoke up from the ground, face serene as only a cat could be. "I have access to the database and it will only be a matter of time to get information that will be helpful to you."

Eyes cutting from cat to senshi, Saiph made a little face that only Madriu would be able to see. Cuan was really being ridiculously formal and Saiph hoped Madriu would find it as amusing as she did.

"I'm sorry we don't have better news for you, but like Cuan said, it's just a matter of time because this town is a magnet for weird and surely someone else will have run into other senshi like you."

It was a let down, to be honest. She'd so badly wanted to give Madriu some kind of hope.

----------------

For her part, Cuan watched the alien senshi man unblinkingly, green eyes practically glowing. If it weren't for the canid type ears and tail, he could pass for a senshi born on Earth. Fascinating, really. Not a thing like her movies, but that was okay.

Coming to a rapid decision, Cuan darted across the pavement, leaping onto Saiph before leapfrogging onto Madriu's head. From her new perch, she could hear Saiph groan. She didn't see why Saiph should be upset. It was her duty as a Mauvian to gather as much information as possible about this strange senshi. Getting pawing his ears and sniffing at his hair, she settled in for the duration.

"Saiph is correct," she churred from her new perch. "Destiny City is... unique, I suppose. Sooner or later, everything strange or unusual finds its way here, so don't lose hope, dear."

Feeling pleased with herself, Cuan began to "make biscuits" in Madriu's hair, careful to keep her claws velveted.

"Now, Saiph mentioned that you were in need of some tech," she continued. "Specifically a phone. I assume you have a henshin pen, though?"

Noir Songbird

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 am
Madriu raised his eyebrows, giving Saiph a brief querying look. Was her Guardian always like this? Not that Madriu had extensive experience with them; it wasn't like he'd met every Mauvian, and it had been....

Well. A very long time. And a lot was different, now.

"I appreciate you looking," he said, genuinely--but he was Not Prepared for Cuan to decide that, apparently, his head was somewhere worth climbing to.

"Ow!" It was a fully undignified little noise, and his ears twitched away from Cuan's paws. "I don't like having my ears touched." Hopefully that was as firm a communication as he needed to give, and at least whatever she was doing with her paws in his hair felt...kind of relaxing.

"I've met one other Senshi like me. So I know there has to be more. Wouldn't know how to find any, though." Luck, probably, since it seemed things were a bit less communicative now. Or maybe this Senshi Phone. "I've got a henshin pen. It's old, but it works. No phone, though. Saiph showed me hers--looks useful."

eldritch stardust

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:43 pm
Saiph could have sunk intot he ground with embarrassment at Cuan's behavior. As things stood, all she could do was give Madriu the most apologetic of Looks and shrug helplessly. She'd long since learned that Cuan would do as Cuan did. And nothing was changing that.

The best she could do was level a look at Cuan that brooked no argument when the cat would have begun pawing Mariu's ears just to be contrary and establish dominance. Fortunately, the cat knew the look that translated to 'no tuna for a MONTH' and subsided.

----------------------

Sulking a little, Cuan focused on her biscuits and considered things.The boy seemed strong enough. He had a pen, so that was all right. No sense in messing with that until he was ready for more power. But the phone. Oh, she could certainly help with that!

"Very well," she said, majestically ignoring Saiph's looks. "And quite correct. Phones are enormously useful. And if there are other unique senshi like you roaming about, I would feel better if you had a way to reliably communicate between each other as well as with us."

Then, suddenly losing her formality enough to lean down over Madriu's head to give him an upside down smile and gentle boop of his nose with a paw.

"Hold tight for a moment and be ready to catch!"

Without warning, she leapt from her new perch and spun a few times in the air before landing daintily on the ground and looking pleased as a phone popped out of the air before the senshi and seemed to hover briefly.

"Now, let's make sure you get a lesson in how to use that, hmm?"

Noir Songbird

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:14 pm
Madriu could admit: he appreciated the sympathy from Saiph, with the Mauvian making herself comfortable on his head. Honestly, it was silly of him to forget--just because he'd spent a few centuries with no one putting their hands on him when he didn't ask, didn't mean that getting back to civilization or whatever wouldn't mean more of the same.

So. A deep breath. Stiff shoulders. A reminder to himself that this would only last for so long, and at least in this case, it was just....Cuan being a Mauvian, and in the end, it would be useful.

Also, the smile and the nose boop were...cute enough.

"Holding," he said, and he did, indeed, lift his hands in preparation to catch--good, because the phone appeared right in front of him and he had to take it out of the air--who knew if it would start dropping, or when?

"Alright. Walk me through this, then."

eldritch stardust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:52 am
”It’s honestly really easy”. Saiph spoke up and came close to point out various buttons. “Camera, GPS tracker, Contact list, which I’m going to have you add me to, by the way,” she spoke rapidly, pointing out various buttons. Then, she took a step back and got out her own phone, thumbing the camera icon and holding it up to catch Madriu.

“So, hold up your phone like I’m doing and touch the camera button. Once you see me on the screen and I look clear, touch the little white button near the bottom of the screen. Everything look good? Lemme do a proper pose.”

It was ridiculous, but Saiph did indeed pose, holding one hand up in a salute while smiling. Hey, she was thirteen. A camera was pointed at her. She was pretty sure that there were contractual obligations to pose in effect.

—--------------

For her part, Cuan was content to let Saiph take over. After all, she used her phone more often than Cuan did. And Cuan only ever went near the thing to be sure it was properly updated and functioning. Cats just made the phones. They didn't really use them, after all.

She might have rolled her eyes at Saiph’s antics if her own Mauvian pride didn’t prickle up. Why, she’d helped Madriu obtain his phone and she was a perfectly good example of a Mauvian. Her picture should be taken as well! Especially since she and Saiph came as a pair. Moving quickly, the kitten darted and leapt, landing neatly on Saiph’s shoulder (even if she was hanging a little bit) and giving the camera her best NYAH!♥ face.

”Noir Songbird”
i regret nothing

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:22 pm
Madriu paid careful attention to everything she pointed out, tail swaying behind him slowly and almost thoughtfully. There were so many useful functions--it was easy to see how this made everything easy for Senshi in this new age.

He watched Saiph hold hers up, and blinked, wondering if he ought to pose--but it seemed to go by too quickly, and he wouldn't even really know how.

"I...can do that," he said, and followed her directions--fortunately it was pretty straightforward. Touch the screen, bring up the camera, point it, take a picture--and capture Saiph and Cuan together. This type of device wasn't completely unfamiliar, at least.

"Okay," he said, lowering the phone, "is there anything else I should know?"

eldritch stardust

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:53 pm
Cuan had settled herself on Saiph's shoulder, tired after her work. She kept an ear open but left the rest of this to her charge. Still, when Madriu asked if he should know anything else, she couldn't resist piping up in her small, clear voice.

"Yes, you'll always be stronger with friends. Don't think you're being a bother or hindrance, dear. We will always be willing and ready to help should you need it."

She blinked her blue-green eyes before wrinkling her nose in a smile.

"You're not alone anymore. And you don't have to be alone."

The tiny mauvian left it at that. She didn't expect him to turn soppy and gushy and she would have been disappointed if he had. No, she liked his sense of independence. She just wanted him to understand that he didn't have to fight by himself any longer.

------------------

"Little mother," Saiph murmured affectionately, turning her head slightly to nuzzle Cuan's side. Then, turning back tot he other senshi, she smiled and winked.

"She's right thought. We don't have to be friends if you're not comfortable with it, but we should at least be allies. So, lemme show you what the picture you just took can do."

It was, perhaps, the feature that Saiph like best. It made life easier.

"Pull up your contacts.. there. See? Cuan and I are in there now. It'll only work with other senshi like us and knights. Negaverse people can't be added. Once someone is in there, you can call or message any time."

To demonstrate, she pecked at her phone's keyboard for a moment before looking up to grin at Madriu at the same time his phone would have alerted him to a new message.

Quote:
Welcome to Destiny City, Madriu! We'll kick and claw anyone who tries to be mean to you, new friend wink ))

Noir Songbird
I CONTINUE TO REGRET NOTHING

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:13 pm
Always stronger with friends, huh.

Madriu suppsoed that was true. He couldn't have done half of what he managed before without Arcalis--and since Arcalis was probably gone....he probably wouldn't have wanted Madriu to wallow, miserable and alone.

"Yeah. Yeah, I can't really turn down allies, at the least." Not on a planet that wasn't his own, in a time that wasn't his own, left out of place and adrift.

He followed Saiph's direction to pull up his contacts and nodded. An easy way to contact anyone he needed to--yeah, that was exactly the type of thing that he needed. The notification noise made his ears twitch--louder than expected, he'd have to see if there was a way to fix that--but the message made him smile, and--well, it was probably good to get practice with this. His typing was just a little clumsy, a little slow, but the concept seemed fairly straightforward--hit the letter you want to type, hit the back-pointing arrow if you messed up and needed to fix something.

Quote:
Thanks. I'll call you if I need help.

"Really," he said, after sending the message, "thank you. I'll see you around, Saiph and Cuan."

At least this felt like a step in the right direction.

eldritch stardust

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff