Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:44 pm
February
April  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:58 pm
Quote:
🎵 Baby, there's a Shark in the Water.🎶

People do a lot of things in the name of love. Is it wrong to protect someone you love from a horrible truth or should they be given all the information even if it's terrible? That's for you to decide. But once you know, ...well you can't take it back

This RP is between platonic friends (no secret feelings here!). Think your best friend, your person, your ride or die.... They've kept something from you and you've just found out. Your friend says it was to protect you. It wasn't something you had to know, but once you know it changes things. It can be a secret as big or small as you want. But how do you feel about it? Are you glad they kept it from you? Did they do the right thing? Do you understand their intentions and does that make it okay? Or are you pissed?

And what happens next?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chrysolite and Idyia had shared a friendship that seemed to span lifetimes at this point. They were like two halves of a whole, inseparable in every sense. When her cousin had been mean to her she had found solace in a friend outside of her family. But Idyia had been harboring a secret, one she knew could shatter the delicate balance of their relationship. When Chrysolite stumbled upon a story, shared by someone else, detailing her family's dark tradition, Idyia's heart sank. She had dreaded this moment, knowing that the truth would change everything. As Chrysolite confronted her, Idyia felt the weight of her friend's disappointment bearing down on her.

Confronting Idyia about it wasn't easy. She knew her friend had kept this secret to protect her, but the betrayal stung nonetheless. Wanting to know why she had kept this secret from her when they shared everything, it seemed unfathomable to her. Staring at her as she waited for her to deny of confirm she felt her heart flutter.

When Idyia finally confessed, she was visibly nervous, tapping her hooves together and avoiding Chrysolite's gaze. "I kept it from you to protect you," Idyia whispered, her voice barely audible above the tumult of emotions swirling inside her. She had hoped that by shielding Chrysolite from the truth, she could spare her from the pain of knowing the dark reality of her family's legacy. But as Chrysolite's expression hardened with each passing moment, Idyia's heart sank further. She understood the betrayal her friend must be feeling, the sense of betrayal and loss of trust. Yet, she couldn't bear to see their friendship crumble under the weight of this revelation.

Chrysolite's initial reaction was a mix of shock and anger. How could her best friend keep something like this from her? But as she processed the information, she realized the complexity of the situation. Idyia had acted out of love, trying to spare her from a truth that would undoubtedly strain their friendship. And yet, the knowledge changed everything. After a long, tense conversation, Chrysolite took a deep breath and looked into Idyia's eyes. Despite the hurt and confusion, she understood why her friend had kept the secret. Their bond was stronger than any single revelation. But things couldn't simply go back to the way they were before. Trust had been fractured, and it would take time to mend.

As they talked, Idyia watched the flicker of emotions dance across Chrysolite's face, unsure of how she would react. Would she still see her as the same, or would the knowledge of her family's actions drive them apart forever?

When Chrysolite finally spoke, her words were measured, tinged with a hint of sadness. "I understand why you did it," she said softly, her voice carrying the weight of their shared history. "But things can't go back to the way they were before."

Idyia felt a pang of sorrow at the distance that now lay between them. She had hoped that their bond would be strong enough to withstand any revelation, but now she wasn't so sure. Would they ever be able to bridge the gap that had formed between them?

In the days that followed, Chrysolite grappled with conflicting emotions. She was grateful for Idyia's intentions but couldn't shake the unease of knowing such a dark secret. Their friendship remained intact, but there was a newfound distance between them, a lingering tension that hung in the air.

As they navigated this new chapter in their friendship, Idyia couldn't help but wonder if things would ever be the same again. Despite her best intentions, she couldn't shake the feeling that she had irrevocably changed the course of their relationship. And yet, she held onto a glimmer of hope that their bond would prove stronger than any secret, no matter how dark or painful.

Chrysolite couldn't help but wonder what other secrets lay buried beneath the surface. Would they ever truly know everything about each other? Or were some truths better left unsaid, even at the cost of transparency? Despite the uncertainty, Chrysolite knew one thing for certain: their bond was resilient enough to weather any storm, even one as tumultuous as this. And as long as they had each other, they could face whatever challenges came their way, no matter how daunting or unexpected. "Just give me some time. This is a lot to digest and I need to figure out how to navigate my feelings going forward."

Idyia understood, even if it stung. She did hope in time they could still be as close as they had been, but in this moment, only time would tell.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
What was I just thinking about? Sticky buns? No, maybe it was hot cross buns.....Yeah that's it! CROSS BUNS!

Namely, do you remember that time you saw a cute little bunny with blood on it that happened to be not so cute, but rather a malevolent urban legend that chased you through the woods? It's been a whole year since then. When you come up on a cute bunny stallion and it's cute little bunny friend, you shouldn't worry right? RIGHT?!?!?!

But you do, you know you do. When you come up on this "cute"....thing that's blocking your way out of a canyon, you are highly suspicious. And it acts clueless, as though it really has no clue how to do....anything? It's faking right?

Truth is it's not faking. It's new to the area and really has no clue about life here. But, since you meet Sans Merci, you're just a little paranoid.

Write 750 words per RPer on your encounter with this strange clueless bunny (He's new to the area!) and how you let your paranoia, that this might be another Shifter trap, get in the way. If you want, you can RP the prize as well (who probably has some opinions on how weird your being).

tldr: It's how your preconceived notions about someone gets in the way

Shifters.... Ash didn't have an issue with them usually, as he tended to steer clear of them if possible. However, he wouldn't have thought a rabbit would have been one of them as he was under the assumption only carnivores could be shifters. HOW WRONG he had been. It had chased him and he had ran as if there was nothing holding him back, he had feared for his mortal soul. So coming across this stallion with long ears and a cotton tail had him sidestepping, ears pulled back and hooves to the ground. He wasn't unfamiliar when it came to mutants, but when you stumble across someone that reminds you of the past, your flight or fight kicks in and he was ready to fight.

The grey stallion and his silver companion were quick to guard themselves from the orange and black stallion. Neither knew what to say, but the hare approached first and cleared her throat. "Ah, hello. Can we help you?" She looked up at him with curious eyes and was prepared to dart off in a moments notice if need be, as was her stallion companion. "Yes, you do seem to be a bit on edge." He added, curious to if something was the matter and if they should be on guard as well.

Ash did a little dance has he attempted to calm down. Them speaking to him helped to soothe his fragile nerves and she let out a snort and pawed the ground. After taking a few more breaths he gave another paw of the ground with his hooves and swallowed. "I don't know if you'd believe me if I told you." Flicking his tail behind him looked around and then looked back at them. "I had a close call with a shifter last year and, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but it was a rabbit..... So, I hope you can understand why I was caught off guard...."

The grey stallion twisted his ears to watch the orange stallion as he spoke and he didn't have a whole lot to say. "I hope you don't find this odd, but what is a shifter?" The hare was unfamiliar with the term as well. "Yes, we are new to the area and are unfamiliar with this term. The name itself gives a clue to the idea of what it could be, but we will need to know more."

Ash had heard tall tales when he was but a young colt, but had never encountered one before running across the white rabbit, that would forever haunt his waking dreams. "Well, some are born and others can be cursed, but they are beasts out for the blood of others." Was he even explaining this right? "To say, they take the shape of another. Be it carnivore or herbivore. The pures, the ones born of the blood have pawed feet and usually shift into carnivores. The cursed ones have hooved feet like myself, but can turn into whatever creature it was they killed after being introduced to corpse powder... be it a rabbit, bird, wild cat..."

The grey stallion looked down at his silver companion and frowned. "Well, that doesn't sound particularly nice....." The hare shook her head in agreement.

Ash nodded, "Though, there are those that are charmed. Angeni have a way to fight against the shifters. It aligns them, gives them more of their sanity back, if they had any at all. They have more of a conscious or sometimes they're even more crazed... I can't say not all are bad, just like not all mutants or regular soquili aren't good. You get what I'm saying?" He wasn't trying to make them have an ill taste right off the get go towards a species they didn't even know.

They both nodded and understood. "We see and we understand." The grey stallion spoke on both their halves. "I am sorry that such a thing hunted you, and that we reminded you of such a time... We can't even begin to understand the horror of that, and hope to never have such a thing occur to us. But if it does, we will be better prepared because of the information that you have shared with us." The hare nodded her head. "Yes, it's almost unfathomable to think that someone such as myself could be capable of such cruelty." It was almost blasphemous.

"I'm glad that my unfortunate circumstance was able to shed some light for the two of you.... I could travel with you both for a bit if you'd like?"

"We would appreciate that, thank you." And the trio headed off.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games