Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] easing sensibilities {Melody/Aloysius/Liam} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:26 pm

By the time she had made it back, it was late into the night. By now everyone was probably asleep so she let herself into the manor quietly and made her way towards the room she had set up for herself a while back. She could hear a bit of movement from the other side of the hallway, in the room that Aloysius had carved out for himself when he had started coming over to try maintaining this place a bit on his own. It had been something she’d never figured he would do after he’d dumped it all on her.

Leaving her bag against the wall in her room, she showered to wash the travel funk off of her. It had been a long day even if she had slept on the whole flight back. Thinking about the warnings Liam had given her about giving a heads-up, she shot him a text. Just a short thing saying she was here and asking if he was awake to talk. She felt bad about not reaching out to him immediately but she’d explain things, it wasn’t like she had service on the flight either to get a message out.

--------------------------------

Aloysius lay awake, listening to Liam’s heart beating under his head. He couldn’t sleep, just thinking about the what-ifs, the doubts, and the fact it had been so very close. He’d made it to them, gotten there in time, and saved them. They were okay enough and seemed to even be well enough to cook a meal for him when he got home from work. In the end, they were comforting him because he had been scared at how close things had been, how close he had been to losing them. Even now as he listened to the calm sound of them sleeping, they were reassuring him. Sighing a bit, he saw their phone light up as he touched some of the fading marks on his throat that they’d left on him before this had all happened. At least now he knew he could do something about things, that those earrings gave him an advantage he needed to get to the other quickly.

He saw the little icon that was for Mel and carefully nudged and kissed Liam awake, avoiding jostling their cast and arm as best as he could. They were a light sleeper so he didn’t have to do too much. “Melody is here. I am sure it is because she wants to make sure you are okay. If you want to sleep more I can go talk to her instead.” He was a bit tense about things but he could probably have a calm conversation with her if it was about Liam. As long as he kept it about Liam and didn’t let Mel wiggle into more prodding about the past. To be fair the fact he had marks might keep the topic on track because there was no way she wouldn’t be curious but the question, was would she ask?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:28 pm
Shifting the blond mumbled something before reaching out blindly with his good hand in order to grab his phone. He’d already learned not to move the bad one, he’d thunked himself in the head with it earlier while getting ready for bed. Bringing his phone into view Liam did his best to type out a response to Melody. “How about we both talk to her? Unless you want to rest.” He wouldn’t force it, he knew the two didn’t get on well, but it was u p to Aloysius if he wanted to stick by Liam’s side for a talk with Melody. Either way he was slowly sitting himself up, using his one good hand to push himself up, and slowly swinging his legs out from under the bedding.

“Did she mention where she was when you two were talking while they had me in x-ray?” He questioned, already slipping his feet into a pair of house slippers which he’d gotten. He wouldn’t wear his shoes in the house, a habit from growing up, but the winter made it cold to not have something on his feet most of the time. So he’d gotten himself a pair of slippers for use inside the house only, and they’d come with them to this home from the home in the city.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:29 pm
Moving carefully, he grabbed his shirt from the floor and pulled it on before following them. “I can do that, I honestly am too restless still to sleep.” It didn’t mean he wasn’t exhausted but there was too much on his mind still. Wrapping an arm around them carefully, he held them close and pecked their cheek softly. “She said she was on a trip and had a poor signal, I kept things short and left a lot of the details out. I really did not want to go over things via text while you were in the hospital. Are you feeling alright still? I was worried you might still be a bit loopy from the pain meds they gave you while you were there.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:29 pm
“If you’re sure. I know you both aren’t always on the best of terms.” And he didn’t want to push them together when it might go wrong, even if he’d be there to play buffer for them. Leaning into Aloysius he nodded his head slowly. “Not as loopy, so long as I don’t move too fast I’m fine.” The pain medications were something he’d never taken before, never had a reason or a need, so he’d wound up unexpectedly loopy and off balance and just not at all feeling well with the medication.

“I hope her trip went well.” Slowly he headed towards the door. “Come, let’s see how your sister is doing and we can talk now, since we don’t need to worry about reception.” And maybe she’d like something light to eat, he could make her something, he’d need to learn to cook with one hand since he really didn’t have a lot of use with his right side being in a cast.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:31 pm
Melody heard shuffling as she walked past the door and down the stairs towards the kitchen area. It sounded like both Liam and Aloysius were coming down which, to be fair, was to be expected after what had happened. She’d be surprised if her brother wasn’t stuck to him like glue right now. Something more had happened that they’d let on, something that had been a big enough of a deal for her brother to message her directly.

Various pamphlets and medical guides had been left on the table so she knew they had broken an arm but how was another story. She flipped through them as she sat at the table waiting for the pair to make an appearance. The jet lag was getting to her but she wanted to find out what had happened before going back to sleep for a day or two.

-----------------------------------

“It will be okay, I have you with me and you make it a lot easier on me.” Pecking their cheek again as he moved slowly with them through the house and down to the kitchen. Mel’s trips always went well, she’d taken after their parents and went places frequently. If anything he was surprised she hadn’t tried to hire a private pilot for things, even if he knew she didn’t have access to enough of the family’s funds to do so. He figured she would have still tried at some point, trying to push what she could get ever since he’d dumped things on her. It was one of the main sore spots that led to how things were between them, that and the fact his sister rarely thought of others’ feelings. He’d been much the same in the past, still was in part, but he didn’t try to push people away anymore. It wasn’t something he could afford to do when he needed someone to hold him together after everything.

He could see her sitting at the table as he made his way down the stairs with Liam. She was looking over the paperwork from what he could tell. She looked tired, hopefully, that meant this would be a quick conversation and everyone could go back to bed. “Hello Mel, I hope your flight went smoothly.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:32 pm
Before they reached the bottom of the stairs Liam turned and pressed a kiss to the others lips, followed by a peck to the cheek. “If you want to leave, and not remain downstairs, you can do that. You don’t need to stay if you don’t want to.” He would never force the issue of the siblings getting along and talking to each other.

Stepping into the kitchen first he went to hug her slowly. “I hope the trip wasn’t cut short due to us.” He whispered before moving over to look around the kitchen. “Can I get you tea or coffee? Something to eat?” Wanting to do something rather than just stand, or sit, about and twiddle his thumbs. He was still a bit nervous to be honest, even as he gave a small sound of surprise as he tapped something with the cast. He really wasn’t used to it entirely, though he was certain that would change soon enough.

“I have a feeling I’m going to be hitting myself with this thing.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:33 pm
He looked a bit off, more so than being in a cast as she hugged him back carefully. “No, I was going to be heading home soon enough anyway though I’m still waiting to see if things work out. I wanted to check in here with you first though and maybe spend the night in my room.” Following the blond as she looked up towards her brother who was just now coming into the kitchen. They didn’t look much better, almost like they hadn’t really slept, and almost like they were shaking a bit. “Liam you don’t have to get me anything just sit, you’re in a cast and probably still a bit drugged up.” Speaking softly and kindly to them, she followed and held the door to the fridge shut while looking over where they had bumped themselves.

“Are you okay?” Focusing on Liam and completely ignoring Aloysius, she just went to grab a glass from one of the cabinets and filled it with water from the tap. She really looked the other over, trying to see if there were any other bruises or things visible other than having a broken arm in a cast.

----------------------------------------

Aloysius sat and watched as his sister followed Liam around and completely ignored him. That was fine though but as he watched them bump into something and make a sound, he quickly moved over and wrapped an arm around their waist to pull them away from anything they might bump into. He was gentle about it though, treating the other like they were made of glass. “It was a… very difficult night… I had to go to work today as well after migrating him from my home in the city.” It had been a rush job before he had to run back out to work but at least when he had arrived home there was something for him to eat, even if he was a bit upset that the other had gone through the effort to cook while they were fresh out of the hospital. He had appreciated the food, he always did, but he had been worried all day that they might push themselves more than they needed to.

“There are some leftovers in the fridge if you want anything but Liam, please, you should sit down.” Whispering that last bit as he kissed their cheek again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:34 pm
“The drugs are mostly out of my system, at least I don’t feel too far off.” Just a bit still but it could also be how tired he was. The one good thing was that he hadn’t waited long at the hospital, as he’d often heard people complaining about being there for hours on end, he knew that would have left him exhausted. The back area was cold and he couldn’t have slept if he tried, he had gotten a blanket or two though.

“I’m glad we didn’t interrupt your trip then, at least not too much, and some senshi decided they don’t like the dark mirror court.” He tried to smile as he spoke, trying to lighten things a bit, but he found himself blocked from the fridge and being pulled into Aloysius' hold and brought to a chair.

“You didn’t need to move us so quickly out of the home in the city, I didn’t want you to overwork yourself.” Seated but looking up at Aloysius he managed a glance to Melody. “Help yourself to some leftovers, I ordered groceries earlier and cooked.” He had needed to do something earlier and after a much needed bath he’d busied himself with whatever he could manage to do, which wasn’t much honestly.

“Aloysius stopped the senshi before she could hit me in the head with the metal pipe she broke my arm with. I don’t think I’d have survived that, her magic kept me from moving to avoid it.” So he certainly would have been dead, if not from the first hit than whatever followed would have finished him. “I think I’m lucky that I just got this.” Holding up his cast covered arm with a bit more of a smile, though he did manage a yawn as well.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:36 pm
Shaking her head a bit, she opened the fridge and looked through the containers until she found something that looked decent. It was a bit shocking to see the fridge so full of food, she’d been here right before her trip and everything had been empty. Looking up from behind the fridge door as Liam spoke she looked between the two. “So it wasn’t that fire senshi at least…” They’d been the reason why she hadn’t powered up and gone through the city for longer patrols, why she was going to be trying to spar a bit more with Beni and try to get some other senshi or agents to back her up in case things happened. She needed more people between her and that senshi, whatever she could manage.

“Oh…” Nearly dropping the container as she pulled back from the fridge and closed it, she looked at her brother for a moment. “He can’t just pull you out like he did with me can he?” She’d been lucky that way but the implication that there wasn’t that safety net for Liam made her stomach sour a bit as she put the container in the microwave to heat it up, after cracking the lid. She couldn’t really get how he was smiling and joking along. Things had been so different when she had gotten burned, she was sure of that even if she had been out cold when most of the first aid had been done. Gritting her teeth a bit she really took a closer look at her brother, noticing how he seemed to flinch at how relaxed Liam seemed over the whole event. At least they agreed on that too.

---------------------------------------------

Sitting down at the table next to Liam, he rested an elbow on the table to prop his head on before yawning as well. It was hard to relax in this home, even after he had the carpeting taken out since the last time they had been here. “I had to, I was worried. This place is far enough out I don’t have to worry about anyone happening upon my home while on patrol.” Leaning a bit on Liam he wanted to keep close, to keep reminding himself that everything was okay now. “No Mel, I can not do what I did for you with him but we figured out a workaround in a way.” He couldn’t pull them out but he could get to them quickly and he had to hope that would be enough. Maybe he’d been a bit overbearing when coming up with the idea to use the earrings in that way but now there was justification for it.

Aloysius paled as Liam reminded him that he could have died, it wasn’t something he wanted to think about, and set his nerves off again. Wrapping an arm around their waist he pulled them a bit closer. “It worked out in the end, just have to be more careful.” He’d already let Mel know via text about not wanting Liam to go out alone when gathering and she’d agreed which was good. If anything it was refreshing that she was just as worried about Liam as he was. Sighing a bit, he could feel his hands shaking again from that nervousness of his. “If you need to stay for a few days to get settled after your trip that will be fine. I have been getting things ready for the start of the new semester for my students.” That weariness flowed out as he spoke, he wanted to sleep but just couldn’t with everything that had happened yet even if he knew that it was safe here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:36 pm
“No, it wasn’t the same senshi and he can’t pull teleport me like he can you. It’s because you are both the same sort of chaos. We don’t teleport - we mirror walk. Things are different between the factions and that’s a big difference. Order can’t teleport either…or rather they can, possibly, but only to space from what I know. They can’t do it all the time either.” So it meant they were limited and if you got them at the right time - they were unable to teleport anywhere.

Letting Aloysius hold him close, nearly in the others lap, he reached up and pat the others face gently. “You know I’m ok, you made it in time. The earring helped, it was a good idea, one which we’ll keep doing. It’s the best option we have.” Because even a cell phone wouldn’t have helped in a case like that, and he couldn’t get ahold of anyone else in the Negaverse to help even if he could have moved about to pull a communicator.

“Actually, I wouldn’t mind if Meloldy stayed as I could use the company since you’re busy with school preparations. Though I’m going to make sure you get some proper rest and don’t over work yourself.” He might be the hurt one, and the one who nearly died, but he also wasn’t going to let the other work himself into the ground.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:41 pm
“Thanks for the offer, I might stay a bit but I have a lot of stuff I need to manage so I’m not sure how often I’ll actually be home. I can pop in while Aloy’s at work though to check in on you.” Pulling the container out of the microwave she stepped over to the table and started eating as she watched the pair. It was really good pasta, something light enough that she wouldn’t regret when laying back down here in a bit.

“Tomorrow or the next day though I’ll tell you about my trip, it was pretty nice over there.” Melody smiled at the blond as she ate and yawned a bit herself. “I won’t keep you guys up much longer though I just wanted to see what had happened. I’m still pretty jet-lagged otherwise. It was morning where I was when he texted me.” Tilting her head towards Aloysius as she spoke. “Truce, for now.”

-----------------------------------------

It was reassuring at least that they agreed to keep using the earring when out but their hand on his face helped even more. “I know, I’m glad it worked.” They were okay because of it because he had gotten there and he had to keep focusing on that instead of the what-ifs. It was just hard still, especially in this house of bad memories.

“Thanks, Mel, you are always welcome in this home as it is as much mine as it is yours. To be fair I think it is more yours than mine with how I drafted the documents. I accept the truce, I need to talk with you about a few staff returning if we will be staying here until Liam’s arm heals. I know how you like hiring and firing people.” Smiling just a bit as he yawned as well.

“Another day though since you want me to rest.” Leaning his head on Liam’s good shoulder he just stayed there for a bit, he didn’t care what Mel thought since she wouldn’t say anything for now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:41 pm
That sounds fine, I could use the company when Aloysius is at work. While Desiree is here it’s still not really enough with just a cat.” Seeing as Melody didn’t yet know that the cat was a mauvian. He wouldn’t hide that the cat was here, since he planned to get her some bedding, and that would seem strange if she didn’t know the cat was in the house.

Watching Aloysius yawn had him yawning as well as he tilted his head down a bit, letting himself relax where he sat. “I wouldn’t mind if we stayed here full time to be honest, so long as we clean up the dust. It had me sneezing really bad earlier today.” He could in fact taste the dust in the air, and that said a lot, so perhaps if they got the place cleaned they could just stay here.

“I think we could make things work, especially if maybe I were to learn to drive…” It would help certainly, so he wouldn’t need to order groceries for delivery and such. He would be a bit more mobile and able to get around easier. It was something he’d never considered, he’d gotten good with the cities transport system, but if it might make things easier especially for Aloysius he was up for it. Though what he’d do for a car he wasn’t sure…he could swing payments he was sure, his job paid well enough.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 pm
“Yes, I can do that. I have the numbers for the housekeepers we used to use and I am sure they’d like their contract renewed. I can handle it over the next few days after I sleep some more. It’s weird not being in classes anymore while waiting to see if I can get into the master's program.” Looking over at Liam as she ate, she wondered when he would be graduating since they were about the same age.

“Oh, I can teach you if he doesn’t have the time. I could use the help carrying bags when I go out shopping.” She smiled slyly across the table, already planning how she could shop for longer with someone along to carry all the bags. “After you heal up though because you need both arms to drive.” Her car might be automatic but her brother’s was manual since it was older.

Finishing up, she put the empty container into the dishwasher and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. “Back to sleep for me, oh and…” Leaning in close to whisper in Liam’s ear. “The rooms are pretty soundproof but he doesn’t know that if you want to mess with him.” Smiling and laughing a bit she waved them off and went back up the stairs.

-------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks Mel.” He didn’t hear what she had said to Liam but he was also too exhausted to really pay much mind to it. Once she made her way up the stairs he sighed. “If you take her offer I hope you get some time back in the gym because she will make full use of the help. If you are lucky she will stick with clothes and not anything larger and heavier. One time I remember her having someone help carry in a wardrobe, where she got it, I will never know.”

Wrapping his other arm around them he yawned again. “I still am not comfortable here but you make it better. Maybe in time, we can think about that, I just prefer the privacy of my own home more as well. We should head back to bed too, you need to rest more.” Burying his face in their neck, he kissed it softly. “Please try to rest more when I am working, at least for this first week or so.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 pm
“That would be nice, I think it’s about time I learn to drive so I can help you both a bit more.” Because he was always looking to help, in a way he wanted to fit in and be needed, because he’d never had a family and he really wasn’t good with how families worked. He was doing his best though and figured if he helped, and contributed, he was doing it right.

“I don’t think she’d ask me to carry anything I couldn’t but I’ll need to go to the gym once the cast is off anyway. I’ll lose some muscle in that arm from lack of use.” Something he’d already looked into and knew he’d have to deal with, it was expected really as it made sense.

Another yawn and he was leaning as close to the other as he could. “I think we could do something else before sleep…something to help with that.” Especially for Aloysius who tended to not sleep peacefully at night, and didn’t sleep a night through most of the time, certain things made sleep better for the other and Liam having heard Mel’s whispered words was willing to put that knowledge to good use. “I’ll try and take it easy the first week - for your sake.” Standing he stretched and offered a hand to the other. “Come on, let’s get to bed. I’d like to see if I can’t help you sleep tonight.” Pulling the other up and out of the room with him,

“Melody says the rooms are soundproof for the most part….so don’t worry about her.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:44 pm
“It also means when it rains you can avoid getting soaked when walking to and from the bus stop too.” It also meant they could maybe drive him to work so he could squeeze a bit more sleep in sometimes. Yawning again he slumped a bit more against them. “Maybe I will go with you, I went in the past after I broke my arm as well.” It had been short-lived though, he had fallen back out of the routine of when alcohol had become the better option for coping.

His eyes were starting to flutter shut but when they leaned in close and really heard what they were saying, his face warmed. “I… yes, if you are okay enough for that.” Letting them pull him along, he looked around to make sure Mel was already in the other room and not snooping. Part of him wondered if it was a lie but part of it made sense with how nobody had noticed things in the past. Just in case he would make sure the door to the room was locked after they made it up there.  
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff