Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Event-B]Cold Blooded [Surtur x Beira]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:05 pm
Quote:
Prompt 12 (Cold Blooded): Pearly white snow is a common sight in Destiny City, so seeing, ivory lumps around the city really isn’t so strange. Until they move. The ones the size of an iguana, or the mountains of small, gecko-like lizards that travel together, probably aren’t that intimidating. The ones the size of a komodo dragon? Those are scary. Though they range in size, they have a few things in common: sharp nails that let them climb up nearly any surface, sharp teeth that feel like being gnawed on by icicles, and scales so cold that it feels like being freezer-burned. All lizards seem to like sleeping in the snow, but the larger they are, the more solitary they travel. It isn’t uncommon to see one very large lizard, a handful of iguana-sized lizards, or two or three dozens (or more!) smaller lizards in a single grouping. They seem to mind their own business unless they are hungry, or if you get too close. It’s just, it’s hard to avoid them when they look just like snow--or when they fall out of trees on top of you? These lizards love the snow, and they love chewing on people, too. Whether it’s out of hunger or agitation, if you make the mistake of getting too close to one, they will attack–even if unprovoked. They’re fast. They’re vicious. They have a strange habit of disappearing mid battle with a camouflage you just cannot detect. It’s impossible to kill or capture one, and strangely enough there doesn’t seem to be any reports of these lizards anywhere. They seem like ordinary lizards, just very cold blooded. They don’t have an aura or seem to be magical, but something just isn’t adding up here, anyway.
Note: The lizard is not a youma but can be used as a battle requirement for a character. It can only be used as a battle if there are two powered characters involved; you cannot write a solo and count this as a battle, and your character must be powered to meet battle requirements. You can use the prompt for as many characters as you like and it will count as a battle requirement, however if you repeat the prompt with the same character, only the first time will be usable as a battle.

Something moved.

Beira wasn’t sure what it was, but he guessed it wasn’t the Senshi he’d picked up on his radar. He stood in a slight clearing in the park. In the spring, there might have been flowers here, but in the cold of winter there was only a thin layer of snow. Someone–no, something had come through already. The tracks in the snow were too small to be a human, even a child, though he couldn’t make out any identifying features.

He might not have been the best at identifying wild animal tracks, but it was either wearing shoes or keeping its toes pressed close together.

Or, it was a youma.

Either way, it was here, somewhere, and he couldn’t feel it.

Beira let out a heavy, frustrated sigh. Fighting Chaos was a lot easier when it wasn’t hiding all the time.

Maybe it was foolish to call out his location to something he couldn’t see or sense, but he wasn’t getting anywhere just shuffling around and trying to follow the tracks. If it was something troublesome, maybe it would get spooked and leave before it could hurt anyone. Or maybe whatever Senshi was out there had already taken care of the problem?

He wasn’t going to find out trying to do all of this on his own.

Beira cleared his throat and called out, “Is anyone out there?”

Guine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:29 am
There was another Senshi close by. Surtur could feel them, but he couldn’t see them. He wasn’t exactly looking for them. Not when he was trying to figure out if these white lizard things were normal or if it was a strange phenomenon.

From what he’d learned about Destiny City, it was likely to be either.

He’d only seen one of the creatures in close detail. And that had been when it dropped down from a tree onto his shoulder. But it scurried off before he had the chance to really figure out what it was or if it was dangerous.

Now, even though he didn’t see them -- just the lumps of white as they moved… or he assured it was the creatures moving -- he could swear that every so often one would n** at his heel.

Thankfully, he recognized the voice that called out.

“Greetings!” he called in return, and it was just a few layers of trees in the park to get through before he could see Beira in the slight clearing. “It has been a while. How fare thee?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:28 am
“Oh,” Beira exhaled, in pleasant surprise. “Surtur! I didn’t expect to see you out here!”

He’d anticipated a stranger; he didn’t know too many other Senshi so it must have been good luck to run into a familiar face out here. “I’ve been well enough, getting by.”

Same old, but he wasn’t going to complain about a good ‘normal’, nor did he feel the need to explain why ‘nothing’ was better than ‘something’ sometimes. He smiled warmly. “It’s good to see you, how have you been? I meant to check in with you a while back, I suppose time got away from me.”

‘Getting by’ sometimes meant staying busy, but such was the nature of his job. All boring, probably depressing, topics. The subject of what they were doing out here–and what was out here–was more important right now, anyway.

Guine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:26 pm
Surtur offered Beira a friendly smile in response to his getting by. He could remember what it was like to be getting by as well, although he supposed trying to survive in a living society was different from surviving on his own. It was certainly more difficult having to work to pay for everything, including a roof over his head.

“I am glad we met now,” he said instead, and placed his hands on his hips as he surveyed their surroundings once he was close enough. “The weather has brought strange things with it. I have been told these strange events are unique to Destiny City, but you will have to verify that for me.”

He certainly hadn’t expected to see strange creatures running around that weren’t youma.

“Earth is certainly strange. You should let me treat you to dinner sometime. I feel guilty that my benefactors haven't made it a requirement to secure funding. Instead, I try to make it up to them by watching their small children. I’m quite good with children, I’ll have you know,” he insisted as he puffed his chest out proudly, but he deflated a bit as he saw movement in the snow around them.

“What brings you out tonight?” Quite possibly the same reason he was out there.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:40 pm
Surtur’s pride in himself summoned a little smile to Beira’s face. He couldn’t help himself; there was something so different about Surtur. It wasn’t that he was otherworldly or anything, it was how bold and friendly he was. It was a lot for Beira, but he couldn’t say that he really minded it.

“Oh, just trying to keep Destiny City safe, you know. The same as usual.”

He was certain that Surtur had seen something so he followed his gaze. He didn’t find the same movement, but he stayed tense and ready for action.

“You seem like you have a lot of energy. I deal with kids fairly often in my job, I can imagine that they’d like you very much. But, please. Don’t worry about dinner. I appreciate the offer, it sounds nice, but I get a bit anxious when eating out. You’ll probably think I sound silly, I’m just paranoid about something getting into my food. I have a hard time with anything I haven’t made.”

He spoke in a friendly, light hearted tone, like he was trying not to make it sound too serious while still sounding incredibly apologetic. He didn’t look at Surtur but the movement in the distance was at least a good reason for that.

“I’m afraid it makes me a bit obnoxious whenever I’m out and I worry that I won't be much fun. I’m a bit of a buzzkill. But If you don’t mind that, I’m sure we could figure something out. Did you see something over there or was it my imagination? I thought it might be a youma, I was following some tracks, but it didn’t feel like one.”

Guine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:24 pm
“You have a job that has a focus on children?” Surtur asked with surprise and delight. He was always happy to find others who liked children as much as he did. Although he was told that maybe it wasn’t a good idea for him to talk about how much he liked children while on Earth. Something about it being taken the wrong way.

“That is quite fortunate that they have someone as kind and patient as you. And nonsense, that is not silly at all. That makes me worried for your safety, though. Do you deal with assassination attempts frequently? I was under the impression that those such things were tempered here on Earth, but I may not have done enough research on the subject. Would you allow me to cook for you then? If you would provide the ingredients, I could most certainly make you a meal to talk about for years to come,” he insisted with a bright grin.

As for the thing he saw…

“Some kind of creature scurried along the path. Reptilian, possibly. Supposedly harmless, as they have not initiated an attack yet. I was curious since I am still unfamiliar with many creatures here. Should they be pests, I would be happy to assist in relocating them.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:06 am
Beira smiled softly, but there was something apologetic in the way it lingered on his face.

“No, it’s nothing like an assassination attempt. I had a bad experience and it lingered. But I appreciate your concern.”

There was something genuine, something likable, about Surtur’s speech. He always seemed eager and ready to please, and Beira had a hard time sensing any ounce of maliciousness or deception in his words or actions. He had a way about being flattering without really trying. Beira didn’t know if it was intentional or deliberate, but it seemed like it came naturally to him in either case.

Surtur insisted again on the meal, and Beira found his resolve wavering somewhat. He doubted the man would push his boundaries in such a way that he’d be uncomfortable, but with his polite flattery, how could he could say no to him forever?

“We should look for that creature while we talk, if you don’t mind. I’m sorry to say that I don’t think it’s normal. I’m worried about it hurting someone. I can’t think of a single reptilian animal–pet or otherwise–that would be active out in this weather. I’m glad it didn’t attack you, but I’d feel better just knowing it wasn’t something to worry about.”

He paused and thought it only fair to admit, “I worry, a lot. It’s not a very flattering trait. Somewhere along the line I figured if you expect the worst, you can’t be surprised. I haven’t been able to shake that mentality but I’m trying.”

Gesturing vaguely for Surtur to join him, he began walking towards where he thought he saw movement.

Maybe it was nothing. Maybe there were winter-lizard that thrived in snow.

Maybe all this stress was just finally catching up to him.

Guine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:19 pm
“I can not say what is considered a flattering trait or not, but I do not consider worrying as a negative thing,” Surtur insisted as he took a step to walk with Beira while they talked as requested. Hopefully they wouldn’t find anything too dangerous in these snowdrifts.

Worry is a preventative measure, and one that can lead to higher alertness and performance. If I wasn’t worried about my surroundings, I may be caught off guard and put into a dangerous situation, for example. It helps adapt one to unexpected surroundings, because maybe you’ve already played out a possible situation in your head,” he explained, not seeming to be put off by the fact that Beria said he worried a lot at all.

In fact, Surtur was even more relieved to hear it, because it meant Beira was more likely to remain out of harm’s way. As long as his worrying wasn’t excessive at least.

“I am relieved that there have not been attempts on your life. I would have to insist on finding a way to get you more protection if that were the case. There!” he let out what sounded like a triumphant bark as something moved through the snow. “It is one of those creatures! Ah, it is larger than I expected. I am quite concerned that it would, as you mentioned, end up hurting someone. Come, let us try to coax it to another location,” he suggested, although where... he wasn’t sure.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 pm
Surtur was kind. His patience was uncommon, but maybe Beira had just become a bit jaded in this world. If you expected the worst, you couldn’t be disappointed when it came to pass. He was too tired to fight against that mentality, but something about the way Surtur carried himself made him think that not everything foul was written in stone.

Worrying in moderation was appropriate. Worrying as Beira did often made him sick and wore on him like a bag of bricks carried over each shoulder. The weight was a bit lighter tonight, though.

Even if he’d spotted one of the strange creatures.

A mixture of curiosity and necessity and dread scraped through Beira’s veins like small chunks of brittle ice, and he forced himself towards the anomaly.

Surtur wanted to coax it away–maybe into the forest nearby? The thick forest would at least offer it protection and discourage others from following it. Hopefully.

“You sound like you have experience protecting others. Where would you find protection to share?” he asked, all the while trying to creep towards the creature.

It would have smelled them even if it hadn’t heard them. As if it knew they’d spotted it, it half turned so it could observe them from one cold, beady eye. Its muscles tensed and it looked like it was ready to run–or strike.

Guine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:31 am
“Training is important!” Surtur insisted, although he kept his voice low so as not to startle the creature further. “To protect others, one must first know how to protect oneself. However, I would be honored to offer you protection, should you know in advance of any dangerous situations you may be facing.”

He sounded quite confident about this. He could handle himself, and he could easily protect others. He’d survived this long, so why not help others survive without additional stress as well?

Unfortunately, their conversation was cut short when the lizard creature finally had enough of them and attacked--

“Forlorn heart,” he said as he cast out his magic at the creature, using his forearms to keep it from causing too much injury. He shoved the now dazed creature back, trying to corral it towards the forest.

“I believe it may try to escape towards you,” Surtur called to Beira, doing his best to block any exit on his side. He had faith in his companion, and trusted him to request additional help if he needed it.

Quote:
Sailor Scout Attack: Forlorn Heart
Surtur’s target is hit with a heavy wave of depression and feelings of emptiness. Everything around them appears as though it has lost all color saturation, or has been covered in ash or dust from decay. There is no physical damage, but the attack can be disorienting and emotionally draining. It lasts for thirty (30) seconds and can be used three (3) times. It affects enemies within a ten foot radius around Surtur and the magic will follow him if he moves, but the effects end if the target moves out of the radius.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:30 pm
Surtur and Beira shared a thought; just as Surtur cautioned its attempted escape path, Beira cast his magic to stop it when it did.

Lonely Chill.”

A cold wind gusted towards the lizard, though he wasn’t even certain if it would have any impact on the creature, who was already out here in the snow to begin with.

Magic was different than the natural weather, at least; the creature froze briefly and then seemed to have a sudden frantic need to get away. It scurried across the ground away from him, and Surtur–right into the forest.

Beira was rigid for a moment longer, waiting to see if it changed its mind, but it didn’t. Once it reached the trees, it seemed eager to disappear into them and get as far away from the Senshi as possible. He relaxed after a few seconds of stillness.

“...You’re good at that,” he said after a few seconds. “I imagine you’re just the type of person I’d like to have my back. Whether it be with lizards, or…”

Well, anything really dangerous, he supposed.

Beira smiled. “Thanks. You’re full of surprises, aren’t you? One of these days we’ll have to meet up when things are calmer so I can get to know you better.”

Quote:
Sailor Scout Attack: Lonely Chill
Sailor Beira gestures to a target within his line of sight and a chilly wind surges towards them. The wind does no damage, but the chill clings to them, seeps into them, and grips at their heart, leaving them suddenly feeling alone and unwanted. They may feel rejected, abandoned, and like they don't fit in; however the player wants to interpret it, they may, but a deep sense of loneliness will plague them for 30 seconds, after which the sensation will fade along with the coolness that accompanied it unless the player chooses to have the sensation persist for longer. This magic can be used three times.
Guine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:51 pm
Surtur responded to the retreating of the lizard with a silent cheer, and then turned to beam with delight at Beira.

“It is my pleasure to be of assistance,” he said with a flourish of his hand and bow. There was such sincerity in the movement that unless someone wanted to decide it was mocking, it was difficult to mistake it for anything but Surtur’s expression of gratitude.

“Perhaps dinner?” he grinned as he straightened, trying once more to tempt the other Senshi into dining with him.

“I would very much enjoy getting to know you better as well, Beira. You are indeed a valuable ally and I trust we shall work closely together in the future. I would be honored to have your back, be it assassination attempt or strange creature or loneliness.”

He was aware of Beira’s sphere and the irony of his offer. But there was nothing but honesty in his voice and expression.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:36 pm
Once more, Beira was left to debate on if he wanted to go out and eat. Really, it wasn’t in his nature, and the idea made him squirm internally, but Surtur was so genuine. A bit overwhelming, but not in an unpleasant way.

He was just different.

His heart was in the right place, though.

“I’ll think about dinner. Maybe if it’s somewhere very reputable. And clean.” And a dozen other requirements that he didn’t list because he didn’t want Surtur to think he was trying to avoid him. Eating out was just more of a struggle for him than he wanted to admit.

“I should give you my phone number, maybe we can schedule something.”

Guine

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 am
Surtur was delighted when Beira offered his phone number. He knew it was a way for these people of Earth to easily communicate, and while he was still learning how to work all these fancy little systems, he was a quick study and was certain he’d be caught up in no time.

“It would be an honor, should you decide to schedule something with me. Even if it is a more private affair,” he suggested, hoping maybe that would be more enticing, but left the option open for whatever Beira thought was best.

He didn’t want to pressure him, but he definitely wanted to see him again.

Surtur powered down, and gave a little bow in greeting. “Eld Slayn. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” he beamed and fished his phone out once he straightened back up. He didn’t want Beira to think he had to reveal his identity, but Eld trusted him and wanted him to know that, without a doubt.

Kyuseisha no Hikari
Fin?

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items