Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitors
  +1
View Results

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bahati sighed as she assessed the situation she found herself in. The ground had seemed sturdy enough, and yet... how swiftly had it given way beneath her hooves. Now she was in some kind of ditch or ravine, with no easy way out. Sure, she saw a few roots poking through the dirt but none were robust enough for her to use. Plus she was certain she'd injured herself on the unplanned descent; it was only a mater of time before the pain announced itself once the adrenaline wore off. "Hello? Anyone nearby?" she called out, hoping her voice would be able to reach someone.

(( WC: 105 ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chalbi was patrolling part of his desert home when he felt something under his hooves, something was different, someone was here... He was curious, he knew it wasn't either of the two mares in his life that he loved, his adopted daughter or his mate. He whistled for his Condor friend, sending the bird ahead since it was faster than himself. Meanwhile he hurried along before stopping close by a hole in the ground he knew about, it often got covered over.

He heard the voice call from below "Yes hello, are you hurt?" he called down, concentrating on the sand and earth beneath his hooves, keeping himself from sliding in himself.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:08 am
"Other than my dignity... at the moment I'm not certain." She called up, trying to find a more comfortable position and failing. Tilting her head back to peer through the hole she'd made, she couldn't quite make out the other who had called down to her. What she was able to see gave her a start. Dragon? They're really real? Her heart skipped a few beats until it settled down again. Wait, no, I have herd-mates with similar features, it has to be that... Thank goodness for a rational brain! Panicking would get her nowhere. "I'd get myself out, but the terrain doesn't offer much in the way of footing. Might you know of another means of extraction? I do apologize for the trouble."

(( WC: 124 ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:27 am
"Hold on" he said, calling down "I'm going to widen the hole, try stand in the middle if you can" he said, looking up at his circling condor. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the sand and earth beneath, widening the opening above the mare, thank goodness he had earth powers for this. When it was wide enough he halted. "Are you still ok?" he called down again?  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:38 am
The hole wasn't that big to begin with but she did her best as instructed and kept her eyes shut. Feeling the rumbling and shifting of the dirt around her, she let out an involuntary shiver. How easy it would be, for the rescuer to actually deceive her and entomb her alive within the earth... Coughing as a plume of dust was kicked up after everything settled, she cracked her eyes open. "I must admit it is most unnerving to be in the middle of everything while it's moving about me but otherwise, no physical harm is done." Was the opening wide enough for her to attempt to extract herself? Squinting against the light above her, the gap did seem wider now. It was the sloping of the sides that concerned her. "I do hate to be a bother, but do you know a way to make the sides firmer?"

(( WC: 150 ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:51 am
Chalbi listened as the mare below spoke "Ah, i can only imagine it is disturbing, forgive me, i forget how strange it must be to someone who has not lived with the earth like i have" He knelt by the edge of the hole, his head crest and scales more visible now, his condor screeched at him from way above, before it wheeled off and flew home. "I cannot make the sides less steep but perhaps i can do something, i will need you to stay near the middle again, but start walking when i say go, i cannot hold the earth for too long" he said, before concentrating again, the wall near one of the sides began to shift, making a slightly firmer slope, it wasn't much of a slope and it was fairly narrow but it was firm enough to hold, for a while. "GO!" he called, and the mare would notice, when she stepped forwards, as she got to the end of the short slope, the earth behind her would fall away, while some in front would form more of a slope, he would have to keep the momentum up, giving her enough slope, spiralling around the edges of the hole, like a spiral ramp of sorts, but a temporary one that moved with the mare.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:06 am
If she'd had more time to prepare, knowing what he was about to attempt, she would have been able to reinforce his efforts with her own meagre power by coaxing the roots' growth. As it was, with a startled yelp, she launched herself at the slope he provided and kept going. She dared not stop her momentum as she felt the earth give way beneath her rear hooves. Stumbling over the lip of the hole, she staggered sideways and stood, body trembling from the effort. "Well... not what I was expecting but it certainly was effective! You have my gratitude, sir." Turning to thank her rescuer, she let out a faint squeak. His features are more draconian than those in my herd! She thought, thinking how dainty the twins from her herd were compared to the stallion before her.

(( WC: 139 ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:24 am
Chalbi didn't like the way she yelped but he could feel her moving, once she was safe outside of the hole, he let go of the power and the earth fell back to it's former state, before the mare fell in. "Im sorry, i have tried to fill this hole in but for some reason .. or maybe some creature i can't sense, it empties soon after" he yawned, teeth obviously desgined for eating meat, showing white and sharp. "Apologies" he said, slamming his mouth shut, "It takes a lot out of me at times" he turned and flared his wings, creating some shade beside him "How long were you trapped? I know where there is a clear water hole nearby if you require hydration" Lucky it was one he didn't have to dig to and remove the sand from it, it was a nice small oasis.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:41 am
"To be quite honest, sir... I have no idea. It was hard to judge the passage of time from what little sky I could see." Bahati shifted and then winced. Her muscles were displeased with the abuse she'd put them through in so short a time. It was quite possible she had several bruises, possibly even a cut or two from the few rocks that were mixed in with the sand and grit that she'd collided with when she fell through. "While I was down there, I couldn't perceive if it was naturally made or if it was some burrow or lair belonging to one of the local fauna. Perhaps I had disturbed too much of the original hole for it to have retained its shape. It certainly isn't recognizable now after our efforts to extract myself." She chuckled. "I think I shall take you up on your offer, if not to find a place to rest before I resume my journey."

(( WC: 162 ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:59 am
Chalbi nodded, other than light and dark, the days could somewhat blend into one another in the desert. "Chalbi" he said, by way of introducing yourself. "You may rest at the oasis, there is grass, even a little fruit, though i can't vouch for it's ripeness and of course, water" he said as he led her slowly towards the waterhole, he could see she was tired and sore. "Im unsure if it is a burrow or just a naturally occuring hole either, i have never sensed anything living, other than the occasional fallen victim such as yourself in or near it" he said plainly, "It always seems to return to it's previous state, no matter what i do".

It wasn't too long, perhaps an hour, before they reached the small oasis "I will leave my friend with you as company, the Condor you may have seen before" he said, as he looked for the bird but it was nowhere in sight right now, he would catch up with them when he got back to where he lived with his mate and send them back here "When you are ready to leave, tell the bird, they will fetch me and i will come and lead you out to safety, Those inexperienced in the desert shouldn't travel alone, without supplies" he added. He would wait a minute to see if she had anything to say, before heading off home to send the condor and inform his mate, they would prepare her some things to travel with. He would only return when the bird fetched him, and lead her out as he said.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:25 pm
She dipped her head in thanks to the stallion. "I go by Bahati. Even simple fare is a welcome feast; thank you for your kindness." She smiled ruefully. "I am from a nomadic desert herd, so one would think I'd be used to traversing such terrain..." Limping to the shade of one of the scarce trees dotting the small oasis, she leaned against it. Just wait until my herd-mates hear about this... a damsel in distress being RESCUED by a dragon. She thought, laughing inwardly as she smiled. "I think I'll spend the night here, so there's no need to part from your companion. I can wait for your return upon the sun's awakening." What a day it had been; watching the stallion prepare to leave, she was grateful luck had been on her side and he happened to be in the area. Maybe next time I'll pay more attention to where I'm walking instead of having my head in the clouds. Upon waking the next day, Bahati saw in the distance the stallion from the day before approaching the oasis, as promised, to guide her to a more safer route.

(( WC: 191
TWC: 871 ))  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces