Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[ r ] Alarm ( Jason & Luke )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:03 pm
With both an important plan for his coming weekends and a certain concern for their mom since the past week, Jason dragged Luke home and even made sure they stopped to buy her some flowers. Cheap ones, of course, but it's not like she'd care about that part.

"She was so out of it last week, when I got done with the dishes, I hadn't even realized she'd gotten home from work and I just saw her there, lying on the stairs." The memory was a particularly grim one. "I thought she'd had a fall or something, but she'd just fallen asleep. On the stairs! Who does that?"

Since Jason had been worried about their mom all week and came up with a plan to get his brother to train in a different way, Luke had the benefit of not being the focus of all that worry, fussing, and overbearing for-your-own good efforts. For the very first time months!

As the boy's made their way up to the porch, a muted but very present alarm was sounding inside the house. It was the fire alarm.

orangeish sherbert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:16 pm
“She was never like this back home.” Luke sighed and shook his head as Jason told him everything he had noticed about their mother and he chewed the bottom of his lip. “I just don’t…”

Pausing for a moment, Luke shared at the door blankly as the shrill sound came from inside and when he finally realized what it was he touched the doorknob lightly, hoping that it wasn’t hot, and when he found that it was indeed still cool, he wrenched the door open. “Mom?”

If the house was burning, he and Jason could save her…they could power up and get her out…but. “Jason what the ******** class="quote">
Lizbot

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:29 pm
Brushing past Luke, Jason entered the house first, immediately hit by the smell of something burning. "It's coming from the kitchen, I'll check it out. You go find mom." It didn't seem like there was much smoke, at least not enough to cause too much worry, but still...she should be down here and swearing up a storm.

The kitchen was, thankfully, not on fire. But the kettle on the stove was now a metal husk, the bottom completely burnt out. Grabbing it up with a pot holder he tossed in into the sink and turned off the stove, face scrunching at the intense smell and damage done to the surface around the burner. It took a minute, but eventually he he got the smoke alarm turned off to, leaving the house in an almost earie silence.

Luke would find their mom in her room, still in her work clothes and passed out, only halfway on the bed. She was breathing fine, but she wasn't waking up.

orangeish sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:45 am
Luke almost told Jason to wait, that they should call nine one one, but…before he had the wits to say anything, his brother was off to explore the kitchen.

To play the hero? Hopefully not but…whatever.

Hurrying through the house, he didn’t see any signs of fire, and when he entered his mother’s room and found her slumped on the bed, his mind first went to carbon monoxide poison and he took a moment to stare at her before he moved to the other side of the room and opened the window to its widest, hoping that the fresh air would do something to help, and then he went back to his mother and grabbed her by the shoulder, shaking lightly. “Mom? Mom! Wake up. It’s Luke, Jason’s here too…you’re safe…so just. Wake up okay?”

Lizbot

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:27 pm
After several, too long moments, she gave a little groan and opened her eyes to give Luke a bleary look. He hand reached up to touch his cheek and she gave him a wan smile, "Baby." And then her eyes shut, hand drifting down, asleep once more.

Which is what Jason saw as he entered the door and exhaled, "It was no bog deal. At least it wasn't yet." His eyes shifted to the woman slumped on the bed, echoing that moment on the stairs last week.

"Mom? Mom!" And he was much less gentle than Luke, reaching forward to pull at her cheek and initiate the most obnoxious drone of Moooooooooooooooooom he had in him.

Her peaceful expression scrunched up and she wearily tried to bat him away, slurring with her eyes closed, "I'paid....'lot fer this sleep. Lemme 'ave it."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:13 pm
What was wrong with her? What was she even talking about…she paid to sleep? Just what did that mean?

“I opened the window in case it was like…carbon monoxide or something but…I think we should call the paramedics? This doesn’t seem…it doesn’t seem normal to me and I think she should get checked out…”

Or maybe it was drugs? Was their mom using drugs now that they were forced out of the house? Was that the whole thing behind this whole move? So she could go and be a druggie? That…didn’t sound anything like their mother but.

“If you don’t wake up, we’re calling nine one one and you’ll have a huge hospital bill, mom. You don’t want that, do you?” His voice was almost shrill as he asked, and roughly shook the woman’s shoulder again.

Lizbot

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:02 pm
She groaned and started rolling back and forth across the bed in a very familiar, bratty manner. Jason gave Luke a very she learned this from you, look and sighed.

Eventually she realized her sons were not budging or giving in and she finally sat up. "Okay! Okay...fine. I'm up, god. Why are you guys acting like this? What's wrong with me taking a small nap."

"We came home and the fire alarm was going off," her eldest bit out, like he was trying not to burst out into a full blown hour-long safety lecture. Again.

Gross.

How did she raise someone like this? Turning her head, she gave a more hopeful look to her younger boy, her baby angel.

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:07 pm
Luke shook his head and finally pulled away when their mother sat up. “Wouldn’t you be worried if you came to our dorm and found us asleep and pretty much unresponsive with the fire alarm going off? Or like, if you came home and saw that? We don’t care if you nap mom but…don’t burn the house down when you do so…”

He hesitated and glanced at Jason for just a moment. “Unless that’s simply your excuse to move back to Bailey, in which case, I’m absolutely behind that decision and you don’t have to go pretend to be irresponsible, I’ll set the house on fire if that’s the case…”

It was a long shot but…maybe it would at least make his mom think. She clearly wasn’t doing much of that right now.

Lizbot

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:19 pm
The more he talked, the more sulky she got until their mom just finally stood up and wrapped her arms around Luke. "Awwwww, baby, I'm sorry I worried you." She sniffed and then...started crying, pressing her face into his curls. "I've just missed you guys so much, and it's so weird being alone here all the time! I wasn't sleeping at all, for like weeks outside of the weekends when you boys got back. I was alost thinking about trying a dating site just so things weren't so lonely outside of work, but then I thought, No! All those guys are scumbags and murderers probably! Or just like, have really bad taste and I don't want to expose you to some random greasy cologne man, you guys deserve better than that. organic dates only! So then I was like..." she was doing little woo-woos and rocking them both side to side, "...maybe I should invite some of your other cousins to stay for awhile? The little guys, Tori and Jammies, you like them right?"

They did not.

While he left his brother to the kinda gross onslaught of Mom, Jason had been inspecting the room, eventually picking up a paper gift bag that said At Ease, sleep therapists on the side. Lifting it up he said, "That's why I told you we need to get a dog. Anyway," he went on like his mom wasn't in the middle of a crying breakdown, "...what's this?"

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:04 pm
Luke simply stared at his mother when he was finally released and he drew back just slightly, not wanting to let loose his rant which placed all of the blame for all of this at his mother’s feet. She had made all of the choices that led her to this position and…

“...It’s…okay. It’ll be winter break soon…and then we just have to get through the rest of the year and we can move schools next year and come back home and not be labeled terrorist kids or whatever.”

Reaching out, he patted his mother on the shoulder and then looked at what his brother was holding out, frowning slightly. “...Is she on drugs? Is that drugs? She does drugs?”

Lizbot

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:22 pm
"Yeah, we gotta get you guys out of there. I'm so sorry, I should've looked past the orchestra and not..." Assumed that she could use a break from being a mother of two teen boys, just for a little while.

"...no that is not drugs!" Giving Luke a hurt look, she pulled out crystal from under her pillow. "They've been helping me! It'd where I got this. I know it scared you this time, but before I went to them I wasn't hardly sleeping at all, and now I'm getting the best rest of my life." A pause and then she admitted, "Maybe a little too much, but it's not drugs. It's good for me! Really." As she went on, there was certain hollowness to her tone, her attention no longer transfixed on them but on the crystal. Something about it felt really, really off.

Jason listend and thought before giving Luke a look and then sighing at their mom, "Okay...okay. You lay down and finish your nap. We'll deal with the kitchen and get dinner ready tonight. Tomorrow, we're going to the shelter and picking you up a dog."

Ushering his brother out of the room and closing the door behind him, he leaned in to whisper, "Something's wrong."

Orangeish Sherbert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:21 pm
Luke didn’t know how to react, but he nodded after a moment at his moms protest, and then when she absolutely lost interest in the both of them, he reached out as though to take the crystal from him, but…

Jason pulled him away before he could which…might be a good thing and when his brother whispered, all Luke could do was nod. Obviously something was wrong…but what the hell could they do about it? What could be done about it? Obviously…this was bad but…

Their mom was an adult…and she was the one in trouble.

“Okay…yeah. I…if you have ideas. I’m all ears…”

Because Luke had none, but it didn’t seem like a good idea to just start crying.

Lizbot

Orangeish Sherbert

Noble Unicorn

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas