Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Turning to the Familiar [Trey/Aelius]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:47 pm
Aelius sat astride a dark bay gelding. The two of them lazily ambled just to the side and back of Trey and his personal horse Firefly. When Aelius had suggested they carve some time away for each other (not that Aelius had any trouble with his current schedule), he was pleasantly surprised when Trey suggested the barn. Aelius had no clue that his brother was still involved in equestrian sports. Aelius himself had never bothered, his own time being dedicated to his dancing. He never had the interest or want to spend much time with the large animals. But, by want to hang out with his brother, it was necessary for him to become at least adequate upon a horse. He certainly wasn’t going to go looking for a challenge on the beasts back though.

“Hurricane is such an aggressive name for this boy.” He said with a smile. The gelding he rode certainly wasn’t living up to his name, happy to stroll along at Firefly’s side. “He’s rather sweet.” Affection colored his voice as he leaned forward to pat the gelding’s neck.

He glanced ahead as they began to leave the farm proper, moving over pastures. “It’s been years since I’ve ridden, Trey. Can we keep it to an easier trail?” He knew that Trey could handle something more more involved. Jumps and steep climbs only the start of it. Aelius, very much would prefer to keep four hooves on the ground. Plus, it would be difficult to talk to Trey if he was worried about falling out of the saddle.

The trail would give them some privacy though. Enough so that they could talk about just about anything, so long as they ran into no other riders. Which was good considering Aelius had something he wanted to ask his brother.

“So…how far have you fallen into the equestrian world? Competing at all?” It was a genuine interest. He wanted to hear about accomplishments or changes that had come about in the years they were estranged. Easy topics that would give insight but hopefully didn’t feel like prying. It was an odd balance to keep when it came to Trey. He wanted to know everything about his brother but time had brought changes. For both of them.

Whimsical Blue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:58 pm
The young man laughed as his own bay mare frisked and danced sideways, her tail up and her neck arched. She was full of energy this morning, but Trey controlled her easily, gripping her with his thighs to keep himself firmly in his saddle. He felt more at ease in his riding clothes than he did most other times, with his tall black boots and loose linen shirt. His braid hung down his back, taming the long blue strands and swaying behind him as he turned to look for his brother and his plodding horse.

"We can go wherever you want." He said, a laugh in his voice. "Those trails are boring though, I'll warn you now."

Still, just being out was nice. Doubly nice, because Aelius was with him. Out here with just the two of them, he didn't have to pretend he was just a good friend, not his little brother. He didn't have to watch what he said or the expressions on his face. And it was peaceful here in late autumn with the trees putting on the last of fiery colors. The ground was carpeted with them, rustling as the two horses waded through.

"I haven't done much competition since joining our company." Trey said, guiding Firefly back to the trail with the press of reins to her neck. She was reluctant, but she went, her hooves sweeping aside leaves as she went. "There just isn't enough time for the training I would need, on top of the trips to compete. It really was never more than a hobby. A way to stay active and fit. And I enjoy it, of course."

Kolina

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:03 pm
Firefly seemed ready and willing to go, and Trey was obviously enjoying the energy the mare was bringing with the clear toned laugh at her antics. Aelius smiled at the pure joy his brother had. It brought back memories of more simple times. Their childhood, while certainly not perfect, what life was, still held a nostalgia that tugged at Aelius in a way he hadn't expected. Funny how such simple moments could do that.

"Boring to you perhaps. I've not ridden in years. Plus, I was never the equestrian you are." He teased, well aware of his own lack of skill in the sport they were participating in. "But, if you have something else in mind, lead away! If I fall off of Hurricane I'll just make sure to blame you for the next week or so until I am no longer sore." A poke. A playful brotherly jab. Perhaps this little outing would help ease the tension he still felt with Trey. Especially if he could just try and forget about the years lost and focus on the years they had before hand and what they now could build. Aelius could benefit immensely from a solid relationship in his life when he floundered so much.

"It's a shame though. You had the talent and passion." He remarked as Trey fleshed out his lack of ability to pursue the sport. Well...now permanent hobby. "Perhaps one day things will open up for you. When you become the owner of mom's business there's the potential of opening time up, isn't there? Deligate some of the jobs?" Aelius was clueless about the effort that came with a business on the scale the Trey would inherit. His focus had never been upon what it was exactly their mother did. Not in deep detail anyway. A gran overarching view, sure.

"Either way, I am glad you're still able to get out here and enjoy some time." Firefly was evidently holding herself back. Well, more like Trey was keeping her in check. Thankfully Hurricane seemed uninterested in her antics and kept plodding along with a nice easy gate. Aelius didn't have to do much to stay on the geldings back.

"Does she need a run?" He asked curiously. He doubted his mount could keep up with the bay mare, but he felt confident enough to stay on Hurricanes back if they stayed to a more flat path. At least, he hoped he wasn't setting himself up for absolute failure. But he and Trey had raced enough as kids and they say you never forget how to ride a bike. "When was the last time you've been out to ride her? She looks ready to go."

Whimsical Blue
I am so sorry this took so long.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:06 pm
Strong thighs guided his horse back into place when she sidled and Trey couldn't help grinning, even if the expression was sardonic.

"Competitions are a full time job, if you want to do them right. There will just never be enough room in my schedule for that, and I'm never one to half-a** anything just to make it work. But I'm not mad about it. I can enjoy this just as it is, without turning it into another job to do." He said. Hobbies did not have to be occupations. It was the same reason why he didn't compete as a swimmer, for all the time he spent in the water. Some things he did just because he wanted to, because they were a departure from everything he had to do. Because there was no one telling him when or where or how he was to do them. Surely Aelius understood that. He was just trying to be supportive, to 'hype' his brother up. It was a kind thought, if a bit misdirected, to Trey's mind. At least Aelius was trying, and that meant a lot.

A dark eyebrow lifted as he glanced back at his brother, a mischievous smile crawling across Trey's full lips.

"Are you offering to pick up the pace?" He teased. "Do you think you can hang on? Though, looking at your boy, he might not be as enthused by a run as Firefly is. Maybe just to the bend where the other trail branches off... you up for that?"

He couldn't help the little flare of excitement at the prospect.

Kolina

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:06 pm
His attention was solely upon his brother, just offering his mount the attention he needed. Thankfully, the gelding was quite happy to just follow along with Firefly and keep to the chosen trail. Honestly, he was the perfect mount for someone lacking confidence in their seat and manuvering of such a large animal.

Trey's reasoning for not being engrossed in riding to the level which Aelius knew Trey could reach made sense. Of course there were things that people preferred to keep as nothing more than an enjoyable hobby. Aelius himself had made hisprimary hobby and intended profession, but all of that had taken a forced back-seat. So he understood probably more than Trey may have thought. Though, if Aelius was ever given the opportunity to take to the stage again with his dancing, he likely wouldn't say no. The desire was there. A small flame just waiting to be stoked.

"Understandable. I was curious if you had taken it to another level or not. Especially since you always seem to happy when you're on Firefly's back." He genuinely smiled as he realized it was genuinely becoming easier to talk to his older brother. The awkwardness, while there as they still learned about each other, was starting to fade the more they interacted.

Golden eyes looked ahead to the bend that Trey was all too happy to point out. Aelius laughed. "I am not promising I'll keep up with you two, but I think I can hold my seat." He sounded more confident than he felt, but he was determined not to make a complete fool of himself.

And he knew he wasn't going to win. It was exactly why he flashed his brother a knowing grin before squeezing his thighs as he kicked Hurricane into a canter. Begrudgingly, the gelding eventually hit into a full running stride.

Whimsical Blue
Sorry for the wait! I am getting myself back up and running with tags now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:33 pm
Trey could feel the energy shift as the large body between his thighs stiffened, muscles bunching, and back end dropping just that little bit that said Firefly had gathered her back legs beneath her. Hurricane broke into a canter at Aelius' urging and a half moment later, Trey released the tension on his own reins. Firefly burst into motion with a shiver of her muscles, head and tail flung up in her excitement. She wanted to go and he was happy to let her have her way.

The bay would have thrown herself into a full gallop if he'd let her. A bit of pressure on her mouth kept her from a flat out run, but even at this speed, Trey felt a thrill of excitement course through him. He put some of his weight into his legs, bracing himself against Firefly's rocking as she cantered down the packed-earth trail. Green whipped past them on either side as they caught up to Aelius and his mount, passing them in moments. It felt like they flew, only the four-beat of hooves telling him they were still bound by gravity. Heart beating in time, he leaned into it, soaking in every moment of the speed and sense of freedom the run gave him.

The turn came up quickly, Firefly naturally slowing to take it, and he pulled back on the reins to slow her, bouncing through the energetic trot before she settled into a high-stepping walk. Nostrils flared wide as she blew out quickened breaths, ears perked excitedly forward. He could still feel the tension in her muscles, the want to just keep going... and some of that showed in the light in Trey's own face as he laughed and turned back to look for his brother.

Kolina

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:49 pm
It was absolutely no surprise to Aelius to have Trey and Firefly overtake him and Hurricane before easily surpassing them. There was a definite difference in ability in both rider and horse between the two pairs. Not that that bothered the purple-haired man. In fact, he had banked on it. The smile and flush of excitement that colored Trey's face as Aelius and Hurrican finally reached the chosen finish line warmed Aelius's heart. Something that had been difficult to do as of late.

"We didn't even stand a chance." Aelius said as he and Hurricane cantered to the bend in the road. The older gelding didn't need much coaxing from Aelius to slow to a stop. He was more than happy to concede and blow out his distaste for the exercise. Leaning forward, Aelius patted the gelding's neck. "Could at least let Hurricane think there was a shot." He teased playfully. It was very apparent the gelding could really have cared less.

Firefly looked as if she was still ready to go and Aelius noted it. "The two of you hardly blew off any steam." He chuckled. "If you gave her her head, I think she'd take off with you for quite a while."

It was nice. This was nice. Just...existing and connecting. Almost like time hadn't come between them.

The feeling of peace and mending that brotherly connection was what triggered Aelius into the next bit. "Actually, Trey, I wanted to ask you something. I am looking for a Jewler. A good one. Someone who preferably won't ask too many questions about the origin of a crystal I need set." This was likely going to cost him a bit more than he should spend, perhaps a lot more, but such was the price for what he wanted.

Whimsical Blue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:49 am
Trey laughed as he reined in his horse, settling her back at his brother's side. She went, though she frisked about as she did so, excited by the run and wanting more. It really was a fine day...

"She's just excitable. If I really let her have her way, she'd be sore and regretting it tomorrow, for sure." He said with a chuckle, leaning over the pat the arched neck. He scrubbed a hand along her crest as he thought about Aelius' question.

"That should be easy enough. Joellen works with a number of different jewelers." Blue eyes cut aside at his brother. He had some idea of the origin of this crystal, if Aelius didn't want someone prying into where it had come from, but that still left him with a lot of questions about what that crystal was, why his brother had it, and why he wanted it made into something he could wear. "Its none of their business where it comes from. Do you need it cut? Finding a lapidary its a bit different of a job, but I don't think would be much more difficult. Do you want to give it to me and I'll handle having it set, or do you just want the name of someone to work with?"

And I'll pay for it was the unspoken addition to that. Its possible Aelius could afford it on his own, but Trey was never sure just how liquid his brother was in the funds area. He had a nice enough apartment, if small, but that didn't necessarily mean he had money to throw around getting custom pieces from jewelers. If it was important enough for him to want to do this, then Trey had all sorts of curiosity about it.

Kolina

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash