Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Reg]The Minuet of families.(Alexandre, Melody, Aloysius.)FI

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:29 pm
Alexandre had pulled up to the Sharp home, having already been there once, it hadn’t been hard to get there. Parking up the driveway, near to the house, in order to best stay dry from the downpour, Alexandre hurried to the front door with a briefcase in hand, held close to his side, the rain coat he wore cinched at the waist and was buttoned up to the neck covering what he wore under it.

Ringing the doorbell he stood waiting, glad for some cover from the rain, which had started near an hour ago and was reported to last the rest of the night. He’d come here at the orders of his grandmother, and he wasn’t about to deny her request or push it back to the next day when it was dry out. A little rain didn’t hurt anyone, though he didn’t care to look like a drowned rat, he had a hood up so all was good right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:31 pm
Aloysius had been lying on one of the couches in the sitting room of the large manor, it was a bit lonely today since Liam was off at work and Melody was upstairs working on something in one of the rooms. They had been floating from room to room to see that everything was clean and back in some sort of order. Staying here was starting to be a bit easier as the place had slowly become more personalized and less of what it had been in the past. There were still rooms he refused to enter but maybe in time that would change as well.

His wandering thoughts of when Liam would get home were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. It was a bit odd given he hadn’t ordered anything. Calling out to Melody, he got up and walked to answer the door. While he was at it, he grabbed the pack of cigarettes from the shelf by the door with his lighter inside. Opening the door, he didn’t see anything in his direct line of vision at first. It took him just a moment to look down and see Alexandre standing there, causing him to immediately tense up and try to have more of a proper welcoming appearance. “Hello Alexandre, what brings you here in this weather? Is everything alright?”

Moving back into the house he beckoned the other inside and out of the pouring rain.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:31 pm
“Everything is fine and what brings me here is the only thing which would get me leaving my home in this weather.” Because this downpour was not about to let up, if the thunder and lightning was anything to go by. “My grandmother.” He spoke, hoping the other understood just who she was. He knew Melody would know the power his grandmother held over the family, or at least she had somewhat of an idea. “Can I come in, I have some business to speak to you and your sister about…a very generous offer.”

Standing there he looked up at the other, he really did wonder what it must be like to look down on someone like Aloysius did. Holding up his briefcase as he stood there, to show that this was civilian business indeed. “I promise tonight is not a night for the Negaverse and duties of those sorts. These are duties of another sort.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:34 pm
Aloysius nodded and waited until Alexandre finished making his way inside, feeling a bit of a pit forming in his stomach. Melody has vaguely led onto the seriousness that came with the Evans family matriarch. It was one of the few things in high society she had made sure he was aware of for his own good. Part of him wished that this was about youma or Negaverse business, at least then it didn't run the risk of pulling him away from his day job or shaking up things just as he was starting to stabilize his life again.

Looking up the stairwell from the door, he couldn't help but look anxious as he waited nervously for his sister to come take charge of the situation. She was the best at this and had been dealing a lot more with the social matters of things, given her position in the infiltration group of the Negaverse. He preferred his quiet and mostly uneventful time in the intelligence branch instead.

---------------------------
Melody had heard the bell, followed by Aloysius calling out for her. It was weird to have a guest this late, especially since she hadn't had any couriers scheduled to drop off a delivery or two. Deciding to at least put some loungewear on instead of remaining in her pajamas, she made her way down the stairs. The first thing she noticed was her brother looking in her direction with the look of a lost puppy. It was something she was still getting used to seeing, as she had grown up with a very different idea of what her estranged brother had been like.

The second thing she noticed was the small form of her General standing just inside the door as he held up a briefcase. That was something interesting given the time of evening, he normally wouldn't be out this far from his home and duties at this time of night. “Has something new come up with our case? Or is this something else?” Hinting at the tailing job they had been working on with the corrupt judge, she finished making her way down the stairs to stand with the two of them in the foyer. Nodding to reassure her brother, she closed the door to shut out the rain. “Let’s take a seat and get you something to drink. Then let’s get down to what brings you here tonight.”

-------------
Aloysius nodded with his sister and started to head towards the sitting area he had started in, reassuring himself that he could have a cigarette at any point if he needed the stress relief.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:35 pm
“Juice works fine.” He didn’t drink tea or coffee, espresso was his preferred, and seeing as he wasn’t going to get espresso here he went with juice. “I’m not too picky either.” Shrugging as he spoke he smiled towards Melody. “No, nothing concerning that. I’m here by order of my grandmother, as I told Aloysius, it’s the only reason I’d go out in this weather.” He would rather take on multiple eternals, and a royal, than defy his grandmother and her word. In his family it might as well be a sin, and they were as far from religious as one could get.

“Though I will have to ask a favor before I give you details, my grandmothers request. She wants you both to sign documents saying that should you agree to her generous offer you will both keep any of the family secrets you find to yourself. You will both keep anything you hear - to yourselves. The offer is generous, of that I can tell you, but it’s up to you. I’m asking a lot, I’m aware, but it’s a matter of do you believe me and sign…or not.” It was really up to them, one could agree and one not, it was each siblings choice.

“That’s what’s in here, among other things.” Flicking his eyes down to the bag at his side. Already he was taking off his rain boots, leaving them by the door, and his coat was set to hang before he followed Aloysius.

“Melody?” Figuring she would take the lead on this, she was the one he knew could hold her own in such situations. Her brother was a good General but when it came to these matters..perhaps not as good as his sister.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:37 pm
Smiling a bit at her General as she took a seat, Melody was already ready to sign. Anything related to the Evans family matriarch was both profitable and backed by a level of familial security that the Sharps hadn’t known since Aloysius’s namesake was alive. The Evans family was spread all over the world in almost every type of business venture and high society. “I think I would be up to hearing more about this opportunity, if I need to sign before hearing anything I can understand given how things run with your family. I will also have to say that my involvement has to be kept in the best light it can be since my family also has their own independent business and I want to keep that separate and thriving.” That last part was to reassure her brother as he walked back with two teas and a glass of orange juice.

Aloysius listened carefully to the terms that came with the offer and felt himself pause. Knowing how things normally worked when it came to secrets, he knew he would have to say something given his involvement with his partner. “I think I may not be able to fully agree up front to signing such a contract until I know what exceptions and stipulations there are concerning secrets. As you know, I am involved with someone who I would hope to permanently have as part of my own family. I do not wish to keep secrets from him if I am able to but depending on other information you may divulge I can understand if I have to. I also want to preface any business dealings with the fact that I do juggle a lot of things so I do not mean to offend if I have to decline because of time constraints.”

Setting down all the drinks, Aloysius took the seat he had originally been sitting in before all this began. He knew he was the weakest link when it came to these matters. Keeping secrets and living multiple lives had been something he had once been used to but, it had also come with the self-destructive alcoholism and an inability to have a healthy relationship with anyone.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:41 pm
Alexandre really wasn’t surprised when Melody jumped at the idea of signing papers and finding out what his grandmother was offering her and her family. Having taken a seat he was already opening his bag and offering a folder of papers to Melody along with a pen. “You can look it over but I can assure you the legal branch of my family wrote this up. It’s fair and right to the point. Once I explain the offer you’ll see why the paperwork is a need.”

Looking up at Aloysius came back in, with drinks, he took his own smile a polite thank you to the other. “If you sign and find out you need to tell someone than we can come up with paperwork for them to sign as well. That way you are both covered, I don’t think it’ll be a concern though. But he was willing to negotiate to get them both on board if he could, even if it meant going to his grandmother, and some of the legal members of the family to get new papers drawn up for Aloysius’ partner. He was here to do his grandmother's bidding one way or another, after all this was sort of his idea anyway.

“What I can say, without either of you signing, is that the paperwork is because you’ll be inside of several family homes. So you’ll potentially hear conversations or see things which we’d like to keep secret. So we just want to keep our secrets, as I’m sure you both can understand. This would, if signed, allow for an alliance of sorts between our families.” So long as no secrets slipped which is why the paperwork he had with him, among other things he had in his bag.

“I promise, if you want to abc out we won’t take offense, this was something I brought to my grandmother as an idea and she saw merit in it. I wouldn’t offer something I think would hinder either of you.” And here he shifted his eyes to Melody. “Or bring shame to your family.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:47 pm
Listening carefully, Melody nodded and agreed mentally with what he had been saying. She also was a bit shocked to see how Aloysius was trying to already poke out a router to keep Liam in if things came down to it. Maybe he had learned a bit from what she had been trying to drill into his head. “Ok, I can go ahead and sign now. This sounds like it should be fun.” Signing with the pen that Alexandre had in his briefcase, she was ready to hear the next part. Even though she was managing things she would have to have Aloysius agree as well in order to get the family’s seal on it since it was technically his. “Come on Aloysius, I think this would be good for all of us.” Looking at him with a bit of mischief and pleading in her eyes, she placed the pen in front of him next to his copy of the NDA.

She was already excited about what gossip and information she might gleam from visits to the Evans’ households. This would be very beneficial indeed for keeping things lively and if the alliance was public then she would be able to make some other business moves she had wanted to do for a while now.

------------------------------

Alexandre had reassured him slightly but the idea of going into other’s homes was a bit off putting to him. Even in his own tutoring gig, he had always used a neutral area or his home for the lessons to avoid being subjected to other people’s secrets and drama. Both of those things that Melody and their mother thrived on. After a moment, he put the pack of cigarettes on the table and stood up for a moment. “One moment, I have to retrieve something to make this official since I am the head of the family.”

Walking over to the old roll up writing desk that was against the wall near the sitting area, he fiddled with a few things until a small door opened to reveal a seal. He had purposefully used his body to hide how he got to the thing so Mel wouldn't get any ideas of using it to sign off on buying property without telling him. This was the first time he would use it for something other than hiring staff.

“I will sign it as well, and seal it with the Sharp family’s mark.” His signature was flowy and flowery, complementing the intricate seal that had been known as the family’s version of a coat of arms. Internally he just hoped nothing would put a divide between his already scattered lives and responsibilities. “Now that we have both signed, please continue Alexandre.” Sitting down again, he picked up the pack of cigarettes and contemplated taking one out. It was just a habit of his he had stayed steadfast on keeping. He needed something to balance things out when it came to stress and Liam understood in a way even if he didn't like smoking.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:49 pm
From the bag next Alexandre withdrew a few things, a thing of wax, a small lighter, a seal of his own as well as a heavy envelope made of parchment. The paperwork Melody signed had already been signed and sealed by his grandmother but now it gained his own signature and the same seal but in a dark blue color instead of her dark red color. He was signing as the witness rather than the one this deal was being made with, since the deal was with his grandmother as it held more weight.

As he signed Aloysius’ paper, and sealed it as well, he offered over the envelope to Melody. “You can both read it. This was a letter I received from my grandmother, as did every family member, this past week. Marching orders for the family, as you can tell.” There was no proper address on the letters, so they hadn’t been sent in the mail, it simply had his name on it. Someone had hand delivered them all, and his family was not a small family.

“I’m sure what my grandmother speaks of you can both decipher the meaning of. She is recalling all those in school to school at various homes, with tutors.I’ve gone to my grandmother and made the argument that the best possible music tutors would be members of the Sharp family. Known for your long standing musical talents, it would be in our best interest to offer you both jobs teaching song and music to the children of the family. Private, in house, small groups of course.” Which would put both Sharp’s into several family homes for lessons, where they could hear and see many things. That was why his grandmother needed things kept silent.

“In return for your services you will be paid, I have the papers for the job offers as well which lay that out. Also, we offer an alliance and will render aid to your family should you need it. All offered in return for lessons and your silence on anything you happen upon.” Which he felt was more than fair. “You can make the alliance known, Melody, as I’m sure at social events the little ones might like to speak with their tutor or you may like to check in with them.” Which would look good for both families. It might even draw more business, of various kinds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:50 pm
Internally her mood fell a bit at the fact she would be tutoring children but the benefits that came with it were worth a lot more in her mind than the cons of working with children. “I guess when it boils down to it, it wasn't much of an exaggeration to bring her attention to our family for our involvement in music. I should be able to teach chorus and maybe some music theory as I work on my last bit of schoolwork.” Looking over at her brother, she saw something sparkling in his eyes. He had been hooked on the exact things she didn’t want to deal with. At least it would balance out in the end, given that he really was the one who lived and breathed music just as their grandfather had. Reaching out to shake Alexandre’s hand she nodded to him. “I think that would be good indeed.”

------------------

As Alexandre explained the details, Aloysius felt joy welling up and washing away his anxiety. He loved teaching and he loved working with children. They were always so excited to learn about music and would keep trying even if things sounded cacophonous in the beginning. Juggling that into his schedule would be hard once the semester and DCU started back up but he would make it work. “That is something I very much would enjoy doing, thank you for your consideration and for bringing us up to your grandmother. I can provide lessons on various instruments but mainly ones within the stringed orchestra.” Looking between the both of them he smiled, probably wider than either had seen him do so, for the first time. “You both may actually see me at one of these social events if the children want me there.”

Part of him did wonder what brought the whole tutoring at home thing to the Evans family but the more he thought about it, Destiny City had been getting a tad bit dangerous in a public way since the bank burned down. An event like that was surely noticed by those who had money and their hands in many businesses.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:51 pm
“That’s fine Melody, my grandmother wouldn’t want to risk your grades. Those are important, for yourself as well as your family.” And for his own as well. They wouldn’t look bad by causing someone to fail a class, or anything like that, they would make sure she had the time she needed to do well in her classes and graduate. They were only hiring the best tutors, everyone needing to pass background checks, the two Sharp’s were known in their social circles so that wasn’t needed - just their silence. Their skill was well known with music and it was trusted.

Shaking her hand he smiled. “I wouldn’t have let her choose anyone else for musical lessons. It would be a shame when your family lives in this same city and partakes in the same social circle.” He understood things as much as anyone else did, black sheep or not, and this was networking to benefit them all, and to do what his grandmother wanted in the best possible way.

“Aloysius, I’m glad you like the idea and would like to take on the children. We’ll help you work with your schedule, the same for your sister, we don’t want either of you having a hard time with other things. My grandmother will accept phone calls from you both in order to work with you on this. She is aware people have other duties other than taking on just our family of children.” And offering the envelope he nodded once. “This would explain my grandmothers reason for the tutoring, assuming either of you would like to know.” It was outlined rather well, though in less obvious terms. “I have her card as well and the contracts of employment.” And those were next taken out, giving both time to reach over the letter he’d gotten from his grandmother the other day.

The contracts were, in the meantime, set out for them to look over and sign and Alexandre took the time to sip at his orange juice. Within the contracts it mentioned how many children, ages, and the willingness to work with them on schedules, pay and everything else the legal team had figured out was needed.

“The children all took music lessons while in school, I have information on each of them with me so you can go over it when you have time, you can evaluate them as you’d like and determine how well their previous teachers did.” Everyone in the Evans family took some form of music class whilst growing up, himself included, some continued and some didn’t. Suffice to say that everyone could at least remember some of what they’d learned though.

Crossing his legs as he drank he waited to see what they thought of the letter, plus they had contracts to sign. His grandmothers personal information sat on the table between the contracts, a phone number and her name, it was simple really.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:58 pm
Melody picked up the contract first and began reading the terms, making sure that it was something she could do while she finished up her final semester of University. Everything was laid out with the meticulous detail that was expected from Alexandre’s grandmother. It made things a bit easier to plan and work with so she could potentially use it as a stepping stone to start up her own business related to the skills she would gain from the experience. Of course, if everything worked out in the end, she could also use her pay to start looking into other business ventures. Part of her had been interested in funding the advancement of a psychologist in training who was also a senshi in the Negaverse. Lord knew that she and her brother could use some therapy, even if it was for very different reasons.

“I think everything looks good to me so I can sign the contract and if it would be alright I can contact her during the daytime when it would be a more acceptable time to conduct business. I wouldn’t want to wake her up or disturb anything she does after normal business hours.” At that, she signed her own contract and picked up the business card to take a look at the contact info she would be using in the morning.

------------------

Picking up the letter, Aloysius followed along with the logic that had outlined moving the Evans family children to an at home tutoring model. It wasn’t what he had expected originally but it made sense in its own right. Things were sometimes strained and miss managed as laws and guidelines that passed through congress sewed the seeds of hatred and misunderstanding across the board. In a way he felt a bit odd given his own position as a school teacher now. Part of him wanted to defend some aspects of going out into a public school but he was smart enough to not question the orders of someone who held such power over the General who he himself still feared when it came down to it.

“I also agree with these terms, I believe this will be a wonderful opportunity and learning experience for us both. I think it would be nice for Melody to get a bit of an understanding of what I do at work.” Cutting on his sister slightly was fun, it was one of the few times he could proudly show his worth even if she still partially believed that he had none outside of being the name on the bank accounts and businesses that she had to manage. Signing his contract as well, hopefully meant the business for the evening was now well taken care of. At that, he picked up his tea and drank it quietly as he started to mentally build his lesson plans for the Evans family.

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:59 pm
“The only thing I’d mention Melody is that she, as well as the Evans family as a whole, still hold high tea every day. So I’d avoid reaching out at that time. Before or after would be advisable.” They would, without a doubt, turn up at some point during a high tea for lessons and that was what the contracts were really for. To keep silent on anything they might hear then.

Laughing he leaned back and smiled to Aloysius. “I agree, I think this will be good for both our families. Good for you both and the little ones will benefit from the best. I’m sure the youngers would love to see you at social events, as they can get rather bored there, and would rather talk music to a teacher of theirs.” He was rather certain they’d like to show off and talk about how well they were studying on their own.

“My grandmother will be pleased with this. She’s been busy securing tutors from all over. This is one less worry for her and no background checks needed.” As they knew about the Sharp family already and both understood the social circles they moved in. They would risk a scandal or anything. Contracts and folders put back into his bag he snapped it shut and set it aside.

Earlier in the day, during high tea, he’d heard that the French language tutor had been hired and were due to arrive from France soon. His cousin Laurent had heard it from his own parents, who had been to high tea the day before with the family matriarch. A history tutor had also been found from what another cousin had mentioned as well, someone from Europe as well, they were due to arrive soon as well. Alexandre, like his cousins, had no heard about housing for these people but he knew grandmother had it all worked out. They wouldn’t be set to arrive soon if that weren’t the case.

It was unknown about other tutors, at least amongst this conspiracy anyway, but he was planning to see if he couldn’t work on his own French from the tutor. It had been a long time since he’d worked on it. Somehow the lessons he’d been getting just stopped; he wasn’t even sure how.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games