Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[R] Roses and Ivy {Beni/Chal} Fin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:01 pm
Chalcanthite walked over to Benitoite’s office shortly after receiving the request for assistance. He was hoping it was something related to plants again or at least something non-combatative. It would make it easier to bring up his own request and gauge how the other would be around Liam. It was also something he had been worried about for a while. He had taken what steps he could to keep everything separate to keep the danger levels at work to a minimum.

The event at the bank left him a little more on edge about things but he knew that nothing he had done over the years would give Benitoite any doubts about his loyalty, at least he hoped. Liam was also on the same side even if he wasn’t one to fight either so that would help his case as well. Nothing in their conversations had led him to believe that Benitoite was one who disliked the dark mirror senshi either.

After a few more moments of quiet contemplation, he knocked on the door and let himself in. “Hello General, you sent for my assistance?”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:04 pm
Unlike the last time Chalcanthite had been in his office it was now well lit, using lights designed to help his plants grow, the place was just as packed if not more so however. Every bit of space seemingly taken up by a pot with a plant growing out of it. Space was a rare thing but there was some, just enough to get through the growing green jungle that he was housing in his office.

“Good to see you again General. Do be careful while you’re here. My plants have decided to start doing our job for us it seems.” He spoke up as he ducked under a branch of a tree and peeked out at the other, taller, General. “They’ve started to gather energy.” And he would be seeking out their Queen to speak to her about this, as they were not so safe to be around for long periods of time. “I just needed to repot this tree here and than we could find somewhere else to speak if you’d like.” Seeing as his office was no the safest of places any longer, it was why he kept his door locked whenever he wasn’t in his office. He didn’t need someone snooping about and becoming a meal, of sorts, of his plants.

He’d noticed that they weren’t using the energy they gathered but rather they seemed to simply be collecting it, and than he was able to claim it from them.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:04 pm
“Oh my, that is not something I would have expected. But that is extremely interesting!” His own worries were put aside as he looked around in awe at all the plants. They had taken up almost every square inch of the office now and the bright lights gave it more of a greenhouse feel than one of an office in negaspace.

“Sure, I can help with this tree and then we can migrate back over to my office?” Walking over to the small general, he put a hand on the large tree to try and steady it. “Do you have a new container large enough for this?” Soon the thing would be bending up against the ceiling if it kept growing. The artificial light seemed to have helped everything pick up its pace in growing.

“I can steady it if you want to manage the pot breaking given its height.” He knew the other would have trouble given the large size of the thing and he had height to spare when it came to this matter.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:05 pm
“I wasn’t expecting it either, or some plants which do not grow flowers doing just that.” But it seemed something big was going on with the plants he’d been growing. There had been some sorts of changes in them and he really wished he knew about genetics and such so he could figure that out, though he wondered if he even would see genetic changes. Magic was afoot here after all.

“Yeah, I have a big enough pot.” He had a lot of pots at home for his own normal plants, he just brought them to his office as needed, he didn’t mind going out shopping for pots when needed as well. “I’m hoping to find a new place to move everything to, but that’s neither here nor there at the moment.” It was something he’d work on though, as he really did need to. His own office wasn’t safe enough to spend a long time in, he’d taken to finding deserted areas to do paperwork in. Little acloves, small rooms, anywhere that he could be tucked away from sight and get his work done in peace.

“I have the new pot ready with soil and all.” And he did, as he nudged at it with his foot, the new pot was nearly hidden by everything else going on in his office. Taking a seat on the floor he dfid go about breaking the pot, slowly and carefully, so he could free the roots without damaging them. “I didn’t think everything would take off so well. I’ve been doing better as of late though. I think if I get a bigger place to work in I’ll start some hydroponics as well.” Since he really had no room for that in his office.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:06 pm
“Okay, let us get this moved over then once you’re ready. I am glad it has been working out for you even if you have lost your office to greenery. I actually do have some questions about plants of the more mundane variety. I recently have taken it upon myself to try fixing up the property that I own as a hideaway of sorts. But the issue is I have little knowledge outside of roses and ivy when it comes to gardening.”

Shifting his weight and the tree slightly, he coughed before continuing. “My significant other has large plans and I wish to help get them going for gardening if I could ask for advice. It is a bit out of the way otherwise I would invite you over to see the property.” Part of him hoped that the line could still stay between things but if Benitoite showed up he wasn’t going to push him away, not after all the assistance over the years.

“I am not sure if hydroponics is a thing we would be doing though but that would be useful down here for your research given the lack of decent soil. Also, when and if you are allowed a larger space, I can assist with moving things that may be a bit difficult for you to do on your own. ”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:07 pm
“Roses and ivy? That’s it.” He questioned, chuckling, he shook his head at the other as he stood back up slowly. “Let's get this moved and I’ll do my best to help you.” Which really shouldn’t be too hard. Perhaps fate had a good sense of things, and knew the people it was gifting uniforms to, so had decided on the ivy which decorated his own uniform. The ivy was fitting for him in more than one way, considering the meaning ivy had.

“Significant other, congratulations, what plans does he have for the garden and how big are we talking? I could give you a lot of ideas and even purchase things for you but I’d need to know what size property we’re talking about that you want to turn into gardens.” Already he was jumping right into ideas and asking questions, he really did like buying plants for people and helping with their lawns and the like. The gleam in his eye gave away his excitement easily.

With the pot broken, and the tree free, soil was on the floor now as Benitoite stood up and grinned at the other. “I’ll help, just give me the information I need and I’ll handle it all if you want. Colors, sizes of flower beds, how much shade in each area.” He would handle it all if the other General would let him. “Now though, lift and I’ll guide the tree into the pot.” Since he couldn’t go about lifting the plant himself, he was too small for that.

“Mmm, while I appreciate the offer I figure I’ll just use a small army of youma to do the task for me.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:07 pm
“Yes, my grandfather crossbred roses and taught me as much as he could before he passed. The ivy just refuses to die and he likes it so I have been looking up information on it as well.” His face flushed a bit at the fact the small general knew that he was with a guy but it made sense that that assumption would have been made given their shared past.

Lifting the tree up and moving it over he sighed mentally. “The property is over an acre outside of the building itself. He wants to try planting fruit trees or vegetables so that costs can be cut given his upbringing. I am just happy to be able to pull up the festering roots that were left behind.” There was a coldness in that last part as if the words were poison to him. The sooner everything was weeded and planted anew, the sooner he could move past those less-than-happy times.

“He is even less knowledgeable on things than I am but we are both willing to learn. I would refrain from asking you to purchase things, I have the ability to do that from my salary alone. Though I am sure, given Mel's presence in your team, you have an inkling on other aspects of that financial stability as well.” How much she had led on was another matter but it was impossible for her to not act like the affluent socialite she really was.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:08 pm
“Impressive, he did cross breeding of roses.” Though out of all the plants to crossbreed roses weren’t an uncommon choice either were orchids, as far as he’d observed. “I’m rather curious about what your grandfather managed to produce, did any survive?” He wouldn’t mind seeing what had been developed and perhaps even growing them himself, he really was a sucker for plants.

“Understood, you don’t want to leave that sort of thing anyway. I can help with whatever you want. I’ll even put you in touch with local places to get fruit trees, all ones which can grow here.” There was a local place, just outside of the city, which dealt with fruit trees and other sorts of trees. It wasn’t a place many people went to, unless they worked for a landscaping company or were people like himself.

“Of course, I have a very good idea but I won’t comment on it. While I know, thanks to your sister, I won’t discuss it with you since it seems to be something of a point with you. I will however say that I’m in the same social circle as your sister so I can handle costs as well if I wanted - as a gift.” Plus he still had a lot of bulbs he needed to find homes for, he’d really gone and overbought. He wasn’t sorry though.

“Just figure that if you ever need, or want, to talk I’m all ears. I do understand if you are trying to keep both lives separate though.” He had some boundaries but he blurred the lines a lot. It was hard not to, impossible really.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:08 pm
“Purple roses were his specialty and unfortunately after his passing my father chose to rip everything out.” It still hurt him to bring it up but the question had been asked. “There may be some seeds or cuttings but I am unsure if they can be propagated after this much time has passed. I would appreciate the assistance with that, I figured that there would be a place where I could find regional trees. Apple trees were the main ones I was looking into but I think we would be open to others as well.”

As expected, Benitoite seemed to have a vast wealth of knowledge when it came to plants. It was nice seeing him excited about something other than war and made it easier to confide the more personal matters of his life to them now. “I thank you for the discretion, I will invite you out to the place soon so you can get a better idea of the layout. It is a work in progress internally as I am doing what I can to avoid hiring help. I quite like the privacy and the only person I have kept on was the gardener, though he has been sick for a few months now. We only head up there every few weekends given our responsibilities in the city.”

Both of them had jobs and duties for their respective factions so the time spent remodeling and decorating happened when that rare free time came about. “Things are slowly bleeding together for me and the more I fight it the harder it is to keep them separate. I know it is selfish to live two lives but I worry about some aspects coming together still. I just would hope that my place of work stays one of those cordoned-off places.”

Dusting off the pollen finally, he knelt down to look at the work being done. “I do like seeing someone else as happy to garden as my grandfather was though. It is a quite pleasant change of pace for things down here.”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:09 pm
“That should have been a crime.” Ducking down to move soil about the roots of the tree, having gotten lost in their conversation, he took his time in packing things in and didn’t get up till the job was done. When he did get up he was eyeing the other seriously. “If there is anything remaining I’ll take a look at it and see if something can’t be done.” He didn’t like the idea of flowers like that being ripped up and destroyed. “If not than perhaps he left notes behind and I could work it out…” And recreate it. He might be busy with other things but he was no too busy for that; not really.

“I can understand that. I still live in the city but most of my family live outside of the city itself, houses rather than the brownstone I have.” Shrugging as he spoke, the other would get it. It made visiting family, when he actually wanted to, rare and not the easiest of things to do. It wasn’t a long drive but it kept him out of the city for most of that day and he had other things to do. His mother worked in the city though so didn’t mind visiting him for tea, and to catch up, she knew it was harder for him to go out to her.

“I found it hard to fight, impossible and destructive in some cases, so I’ve let them blend a lot. I don’t tell personal friends about the Negaverse but I will tell my team members about my civilian life and have them over.” He had certain rules in his mind for how he allowed things to go, which way information flowed about one life to the other.

“I’ve almost always liked plants and gardening, I got it from my mother.” And took it further; without a doubt.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:09 pm
Chalcanthite agreed with the other’s statement wholeheartedly. “It was a sign of things to come after his passing, most of which I was too young to stop. But those times are behind me and the house has stood tall and empty for years. I would greatly appreciate it if anything could be salvaged from his work, I know that there are some notebooks in the old gardening shed that were left untouched. The gardener fought tooth and nail to keep that shed untouched after my grandfather’s passing with a great deal of success.”

It was quite a bit to take in, talking about other houses and things that most people who lived in the city had no ability to afford. He had always kept his head down on that front when teaching so as to not have it affect the way his students viewed him. “I understand, it has been a major stressor in my life but I have been working through it with my partner's assistance. He is one of the dark mirror court so I can at least share some things that worry me with him that I would otherwise have to keep to myself.”

“I learned everything I know about gardening from my grandfather but, I had been unable to get back to it until recently with the help of my partner. It still is hard to be at that place but each visit has made it more bearable.” That had been the truth, Liam made it easier to go back and the excitement he could see they had in having something for themselves made it worth it to keep going back to that house.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:10 pm
“If you want I can look over the notebooks, I won’t even bring them off the property if you want, and see if I can’t recreate his work.” Even if it would take time, no doubt it would, to get to the point the others grandfather had gotten to. To think someone had destroyed such a creation…new roses and purple ones no less. There were so many pinks, reds, and whites that to lose a purple colored rose was horrendous to the smaller male. “I’m glad the gardener managed to salvage things, he did a good thing there.” But let them see now if he couldn’t recreate what was lost.

“That is a good thing, I found that to be an issue in my last relationship. They were a civilian, as far as I know, and it did cause issues with keeping secrets.” And secrets led to distrust and assumptions on what secrets you were keeping. It led to a lot of things and in his case none of them had been good. He could only hope that Aiden was happy now, that he’d found someone he worked well with. “The dark mirror court are good allies to have, not that I’d drag them into a fight, but they are chaos like us and understand some things. We don’t need to hide with them, nor they with us.” At least not as far as he was concerned. He knew some would still hide from the, not reveal who they were, but he had no such issues. Several knew who he was as a civilian including their prince and princess.

“It’s good that you found someone who works so well for you. It’s not easy with the life we live.” To find someone else involved in this war and that they were on the same side…that was not all that easy, despite how it seemed. “Alright, lets go find somewhere else to talk, my office isn’t so safe.” And he knew they’d both start feeling the drain soon, not with how many plants he had in his office.

“And tell me what you know of the Evans family.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Negaspace & The Rift

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas