Inside the Unforgiven arena, within the long halls one of the backstage, interviewer, Laura, is impatiently swiping at her phone, occasionally looking up when ever footsteps can be heard approaching only to frown and go back to their phone when they inevitably walked by without a second glance. The cycle repeated for about fifteen minutes until, fed up, she muttered to the cameraman standing across from her.

"It was supposed to be at one, right? Ugh, why can't these idiots ever make their call times? They're given the time slot, just show up and..."
She trailed of, seeing the worried look in her co-workers eyes. Sighing, she grabbed the microphone and started down the hall, beckoning for the camera to follow.

"Never mind, just follow me, they need this time spot filled and I'm going to give them something, anything, to fill it with. There's got to be someone here that wants more TV time, right?" she muttered under her breath "I mean, that's all these people do now days on their podcasts 'Oh, poor me, I can't get a match, or a interview or a-' pfft, maybe try showing up for your damn things when you get them and quit whi- wait, you hear that?"

Her tirade stopped as, getting close to the training area, she could hear the tell tale sounds of bodies hitting the mat and yelps of things either going right or wrong. Their pace quickened and, stepping through the double doors, was greeted with the sight of a trainer putting a handful of young talent through their paces in the training ring. Or she would say that if they were being generous. In actuality, Donny Mantra was doing his best to teach the men and women of tomorrow anything with very little success. Standing in the corner, the fiery haired Scotsman grimaced as one of the youngsters hoisted his opponent up for a power bomb, stumbled, and fell back into the opposite corner, the only thing saving the receiver of the move from a dangerous landing being the ropes that they managed to grab onto to break their fall

"God damn it, you trying to kill yerself kid? Look, again, watch how I do it, all of you watch" he barked whilst stepping into the centre of the ring, beckoning the one that had barely saved his own skin towards him. Donny took his time with each step as he lifted the wrestler with ease "Space your feet properly, head between your legs, both arms taking a firm hold around their waist, fast jerk up and- hup you go laddie"

To say the lift was clean was an understatement. Donny may not have competed for some years, but it was obvious for all to see that he was still very much as sharp and strong as he had been. The hair at his temples were peppered with grey and he was no longer sporting his trademark kilt, but Laura was smiling. This was what she was looking for, surely one of these youngsters had that it factor and were hungry to kickstart their career with a PPV package. Calling out and waving her hand as she approached the ring, Donny stepped through the ropes to meet the approaching film crew.

"Right you lot, two to a corner, tag and rope drills. Tag in, hit the ropes avoiding the others, tag out and repeat, get to it" he barked as he hit the floor before addressing Laura "You lost? Main roster is probably arriving in the lot right about now I'd imagine"
"Actually, no Mr. Mantra, we were due to film something for another person but they've... no showed, and we thought we could find something else to fill the spot. I was thinking, hoping that, ah, we could get something with one of these up and comers? A star pupil or natural grappler perhaps?"

The pause that followed was heavy, only being broken when Donny erupted with laugher. His head tilting back, he slapped a rough, heavy hand on the ring apron and even made a show of wiping a tear from his eye when he finally managed to settle down, catching his breath between small, lingering wheezes of laughter. All the while, Laura stood their rigidly, the slightly too sweet smile on her face not faltering for even a second whilst she waited for Donny to collect himself.

"Star pupil? Natural grappler? Hell, why don't I give you a wrestling god whilst I'm at it? These kids couldn't be greener if they rolled in fresh cut grass lass. I'm sorry, but there's no one here that can give you what you're after ma'am
"Oh come now Mantra" Laura cooed, glancing over Donny's shoulder "There must be something worth digging through here, maybe someone whose learned a decent amount in a short time and could be stepping through the ropes in front of a crowd in a month or so?"

As if on que, there was a great and noisy collision in the middle of the ring. Two of the trainees had collided when crossing over and crumpled into a heap. Two more had then tripped over the original two, adding to the pile and the rest had hit the ring to argue and fight amongst themselves. One of the young crew, in all the excitement, had clambered to the top of a turnbuckle before coming tumbling back down on top of two others who had tied up for an instant. Donny, who had turned to witness it, slowly turned to Laura with a tired, withering look before motioning to the ring, noting that her smile had finally faded at the sight of the disaster. Feeling sorry for her, Donny sighed, put a calloused hand through his long hair and spoke up.

"Look, Laura, how about this, set up your crew, film us training, you can ask them anything on occasion during their drills, if you get anything out of them, you can use it, but I'm making no promises, be it on your own head, aye?"

Laura dumbly nodded, motioning for her crew to set up as Donny turned back to try and right the mess in the ring. If she were being honest, Laura agreed with Donny. There was nothing worth while here, except maybe a comedy skit to stick into the extra section of the Blu-Ray. None the less, they filmed, asked questions of the kids and Donny on occasion, packed up and left. She did her duty and even sat in on the editing, though she had completely spaced out by that point. She only came back around after being told they were finished. A defeated sigh escaping her, she motioned for them to play it and prepared for the worst. Instead, she was surprised to see a montage of Donny playing as he put the kids through their routines. His moves were crisp, his words hard. He looked like he was ready to compete and those he was teaching only featured right at the end. She had inadvertently asked them all the same question of "How good is Donny Mantra?" and they had all answered the same way, with which they had used in the last few seconds of the package.

"He's still got it"
"He's still got it"
"He's still got it"
"He's still got it"

Before cutting to his name splashed across the screen and the stock sounds of a crowd chanting "You've still got it" to finish.

When it aired later that night, Donny would see it from his spot backstage. Unlike Laura however, he wouldn't be happy. She had sold him out, he had stopped long ago and now... He sighed, shook his head. People near by were watching him expectantly, trainees included. They had been hoping to be featured but they seemed as excited by the prospect of him competing again as anyone else. He stood there, pondering a little longer before giving a small nod of his head. He had an idea at least, make the best of the situation, there was no point crying about it now.

"Aye alright, Donny Mantra returns"