Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[PRP] Study Break [Ellian/Glenn]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indigo_Plateau
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:59 pm
“Guine”

“Hhhhhuuuughh-“ Ellian flopped down unceremoniously into a chair at a table in the library. Honestly one of the worst places to be in general, all quiet and dusty and weirdly dim, but it was even less appealing because of how much of a chore it felt to be here, having to do this stupid lab report in a subject he wasn’t actually interested in. …Though he wasn’t actually interested in University at all besides for the consistent opportunity to be around people his own age.

But Physics was incredibly dull. Even their professor had the driest tone imaginable, so Ellian was not even slightly inspired to do this work. And why was there so much math? Why was it so tedious.

Nothing about the situation was exciting, and it seemed cruel to have some shitty report due so early in the semester. He pouted, dropping his chin on the table and extending his arms out in front of him as he typed a message out on his phone. ’I’m here, in the back, got a table.’ He sent the text to his designated lab partner, some guy he didn’t know very well, that Ellian had super helpfully put in his phone as “Lab Bro,” which he realized now was a mistake since he didn’t know Bro’s name. Gary or Gale or Glade or something like that.

Not important. It probably wouldn’t come up.

Maybe it would’ve been easier if they’d agreed to meet at somebody’s house or a Starbucks or anywhere else. …Or maybe it would’ve been harder because then Ellian would have excuses to do literally anything else. But they could’ve been by his pool… That would’ve been nice. There wasn’t much of the summer weather left, and he was eating it here. Ellian huffed, grumbled, tap, tap, tap, taptaptap his fingers aggressively against the faux wood of the table. Just get through it, and then maybe they could go out and do something more exciting after.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:32 am
‘That’s great!! Be there soon!’ was the text that Ellian received back almost immediately.

And Glenn was there soon. Less than a minute after the text he managed to find his lab partner seemingly wilting onto the table like some poor plant left out in the sun with no water.

“Hey!” he greeted, but seemed to remember that they were in a library as he sunk down into a chair across from Ellian. “Dude, sorry for being late. Just got off a shift. Here, I brought these to make up for it-- whoops,” Glenn hissed as the candy he’d dug out of his bag slid across the table. They were all in brightly colored wrappers, each with various pride flag stripes.

“Oh, they’re just fruit flavored,” he quickly explained as he gathered up what he could. “They’ve got a ton of them at the community center near the cafeteria. Grape is the best, though. Oh, but the sour apple one is pretty good too. So is the strawberry.”

He shoved a few of the ones that had slid a bit farther away back into his bag, which was a shoulder bag covered in various badges from the Destiny City’s Fire Department emblem to a rainbow patch to patches of various plants, but mostly trees in pots. He had a bit of soot on the side of his nose that he hadn’t seemed to notice, but his nails were at least clean, and when he pulled out his notebook, it was with clear handwriting.

“Glenn Gale, by the way. You’re Ellian, yeah?” he grinned cheerfully, pushing his notes a little closer so he could share them much like the candy. “They do a horrible job with letting us introduce each other in class and lab.”

Indigo_Plateau

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Indigo_Plateau
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:21 pm
Guine

"Ah, no worries, you're not late," Ellian replied dismissively, picking himself up to prop on one elbow as he reached with the other hand to swipe up one of the candies that had scattered across the table. He wasn't typically one to seek out sweets (more into spice, himself), but they were offered and already there, and Ellian would take literally any distraction that presented itself if it meant he had a few more seconds to not bother with Physics.

Looks like he was safe with a nice sour apple one. He twisted the candy free of the wrapper and popped it into his mouth, swishing it into his cheek. "It's Ellian, yeah. Ellie, if you want or whatever. You work at the community center? What do you do there? Do you man the front desk or something? How do you find time to, like, do anything?" The whole work-and-school thing was apparently necessary for some people, but Ellian didn't think he'd wish it on anyone. Classes were already chore enough, he couldn't imagine sitting in a big, empty building, checking people into... do recreation, or whatever. That would totally eat into his personal time. Candy simply would not be adequate compensation for that.

He slid his notebook out of his bag and smacked it open on the table. It was legible enough, but any available margin was littered with black pen scribbles. He'd say it was easier to keep his mind focused while his fingers fiddled, and that was just what it translated to.

"Guess they figured we'd have plenty of time outside of class." He shrugged. "We're pretty early in, so at least nothing is that hard. It's just kinda tedious and boring." He pulled out his pen, tossed a rainbow braid over his shoulder, and scribbled down anything he saw in Glenn's book that he didn't have in his own. "I did the acceleration calculations in class. Do you wanna check them?" Ellian asked, sliding his notebook closer to his partner. Provided Glenn could find the answers amidst the other random scratchings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:05 am
“Aw that’s cute,” Glenn beamed cheerfully at the nickname. Ellie it was, then. Why wouldn’t he be using a cuter nickname if it was offered?

“Oh, no, I don’t work at the community center. I was picking up some fliers to post in the fire house. And candy. I volunteer there. You know. Rescuing kittens. Reminding people to turn off their stoves. Stressing the importance of carbon monoxide alarms and not just smoke detectors. Things like that,” he grinned.

“I got lucky. I’m only part time since I finished a lot of my requirements already, but I want to get more certifications so physics it is,” he sighed dramatically, and pushed his book closer to Ellian so he could see what he had.

It was obvious that his lab partner was less than thrilled for the class, so of course Glenn was going to make sure he knew he was also exasperated by how annoying the subject was. Even if he thought it was kind of fascinating. But he wouldn’t say that! He knew it was no fun when someone else was excited for something that someone else dreaded.

“Oh yeah, I can check them!” he said maybe a bit too enthusiastically and offered a sheepish, apologetic grin. “Your hair is nice, by the way. I’ve been wanting to tell you in class, but you’re always so quick to escape! I don’t blame you. It’s a good skill to have in case of an emergency. Oops, sorry, habit,” he laughed as he leaned over the notebook.

“Most of these are good. Oooh, is that how you came up with that number? I’m going to try that for mine next time. I usually draw pictures to try and remember things. Not very good pictures, but. No, that’s a cat, not a pig,” he gestured to the scribble that looked like it was holding up the answer to a problem.

“So you’re not into physics, huh? What’s your focus?”

Indigo_Plateau

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Indigo_Plateau
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:58 am
Guine

He volunteered at the fire house.

An uncontrolled choke of laughter bubbled up from Ellian’s throat, uncomfortably loud, considering where they were. But, like, honestly? Who wouldn’t find that ironically hilarious? Glenn was out here telling people to not start fires, be safe, volunteer, do good! And Diesel was pretty much the definition of a fire starter. Only sometimes metaphorical. Poor Glenn probably knew the people who went out at 2AM and cleaned up Diesel’s messes.

But Ellian definitely couldn’t say any of that.

He started to justify it before the other could even ask, “No, no, I don’t mean it’s funny. I just didn’t expect it is all?” He offered. “Volunteering at a firehouse sounds much more entertaining than what I was imagining when you said you got off a shift. I guess I expect most people to be grocery store checkers, or something, which sounds much more lame.”

And this guy had finished a lot of his requirements already? “You sound, uh, motivated.”

Ellie had stuck it out for the past couple years, but he really was just plodding through these classes with no particular sense of purpose. Rationally, he knew he really should go ahead and decide what he was going to make of himself, the sooner the better, but it didn’t seem there was much he was interested in that he could classify as a ‘career.’ And even if nothing worked out (but things always worked out), he still had his mother’s concrete company to fall back on. She’d wanted one of her kids to take it over, anyway. Though honestly, literally nothing sounded more boring than concrete. “You must have something you’re going for,” he said quietly. If Glenn had already knocked out a bunch of requirements, and was volunteering and wanted certifications. “What are the certifications for? Do you want to actually work at the firehouse, or something?”

He tapped the end of his pen against the table, and even the click-click of the pen n** popping in and out sounded like it’d probably be annoying to someone, but Ellian hardly cared about that. His eyes scanned over Glenn’s notebook, and he reached to scratch notes on the corner of his own page for later.

In the interim between notes, Ellian beamed at the compliment, and was much less quiet when he enthusiastically said, “Thanks! I used to shave it in the winter when I swam for school, but I can wear it like this all the time now! Which I guess is one good thing about not being in high school, anymore…” Though it had been two years ago, it was still among the more recent and memorable experiences Ellian had.

“I don’t really have a focus,” he admitted. “My parents want me to go, so here I am. I’m just going to get a General Studies degree, and that’ll be good enough. Dunno what anyone is supposed to do with something so basic, but at least I’ll have it.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:51 pm
Glenn didn’t seem bothered at all by Ellian’s reaction. If anything, he offered an amused grin of his own. He wasn’t going to assume anything about Ellian, but he tended to get that reaction when troublemakers found out that he was probably straight laced and followed the rules and all that. He did, kinda. But he also thought he was much more laid back than by the book.

“Oh, no, I don’t have the patience for that. People who can be grocery store checkers are another level entirely. I’ve got too much energy. Gotta run around and burn it off somehow. Oh, ha,” he paused to laugh at his own unintended pun, but then shook his head to pass it off as just a random thing.

“You got it,” he said with a grin and a wink. “Full time is my goal. Can’t say my parents are all that thrilled about it, as if they don’t work in a potentially dangerous injury. Horses, but they’re still in Nebraska. Anyway, my siblings have been supportive. And my older brother used to go around chasing tornados until he landed a baseball contract.”

Ah, but he wasn’t going to be talking about his siblings. Or parents. “The certifications are just the basic requirement, more or less. At least one needs me to be twenty one to get, so I’ve got a couple years to go, but… life support, fire safety, things like that. Nothing like… astrophysics.”

Not that they were studying that, but it might as well have been at this point! If the clicking of the pen bothered him, Glenn didn’t react to it. He had a high tolerance for noises. Or maybe hearing the sirens so frequently shaved off some of the finer parts of his hearing.

“You’d be surprised with what you can do with a General Studies degree,” he nodded with approval. “Most companies don’t even care what degree you have, as long as you have one. Crazy, right? And who says you can’t go back and focus on something more specific later? Seriously though. Being a jack of all trades is more useful than only mastering one thing. Much more flexibility. Broader outlook on things, too! But I can’t believe you would shave it! Oh no, if you get back into swimming competitively you’ll have to wear one of those big caps so you don’t have to,” he laughed, obviously knowing it wasn’t his decision, but he could appreciate and want to preserve aesthetics!

Indigo_Plateau

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out