Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:16 pm
Ravnos Black Sheep Guitar Player

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Colored by: Uta

This is a concept contest to win the Black Sheep Band Guitar Player.

This particular Kat is premade: one of our colorists has designed her/him and youā€™ll get to create their personality!

Below, youā€™ll find the nitty gritty!

Starts: NOW
Ends: 08/11/23 @ 11:59PM EST

Rules:

ā€¢ Only post once
ā€¢ Do not deter others from entering
ā€¢ Fill out the form completely
ā€¢ You may edit your entry up until the end
ā€¢ We reserve the right to choose no winner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:18 pm
This Ravnos is a member of the Black Sheep band and resides within the CĆ¢ntecul Kumpania. It is currently the smallest Kumpania. Itā€™s Baro is the Antediluvian Durga Syn.

The Kumpania travel from club to club playing their shows. When not playing they spend their time helping the younger vampires who are having a rough time of it. Be it through money, food or a place to sleep. The band members have been affectionately named the Guardians by these unfortunate fledglings who were left to their own devices.

The Kumpania - Clan Ravnos - This thread has all the information that you need for Clan Ravnos. Please take a moment to look it over.

Durga Syn - Singer - Played by Yayoi
The Baro of the Kumpania she is a powerful prophetess who founded the Phuri Dae. A group of strong prophets. In her early years Durga Syn was known as Synovea. Initially the Nosferatu had tried to recruit her but she refused. Feeling slighted a curse was placed upon Durga Syn, making her look old and decrepid. Using her powers of illusion she projects the image of her younger self so that her true appearance doesnā€™t make others unsettled. Embraced by the Ravnos against her will she turned her unfortunate state of being into something positive by helping the younger fledglings of the Clan and even Clanless. Some refer to her as a mother bear. Soft and kind but also fierce and deadly if you are a threat to her charges.

Kaven - Drummer - Played by Seussi
Found abandoned at a young age he was taken in by Syn and raised by the Kumpania. Dubbed her ā€œProblem Childeā€. Kaven likes to party late into the night and sleep the day away well into dusk. Often times missing rehearsals from being so hung over. But he listens to Syn and respects her enough to not cause any serious problems for the band. Maybe.

Marcia Felicia Licina - Bass Player - Played by Kinu
Marcia, aka Mercy, is an independent, strong-willed individual who has no problem dishing out a little 'tough love' when the situation calls for it. She knows who she is, what she wants, and puts her all into whatever challenges come her way. The women in her family have all been sensitive, speaking with the spirits and delivering messages from the 'other side', she too has this gift but uses it sparingly. Instead her secret passion, when not fulfilling her role as band member and Guardian, is to document both the genealogy and history of clan Ravnos. But she does this in secret, not interested in others knowing how she chooses to spend her free time. Convinced that being a nerdy bookworm would ruin her image.

Caito - Guitar Player - Played by Cheri
An aloof, devil-may-care guitarist with a secret soft spot for his clan. He grew up as part of the Kumpania and is a Ravnos by blood as well as embrace. Along with Rock-n-Roll he specializes in folk guitar, as well as manouche jazz.

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular character appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b] (You gotta name ā€˜em)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about them! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)[/align]

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:22 pm
Owner Username: Name Here
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I love a variety of different RP lines. Romance, bromance, rivalies, siblings, found family, etc. Just gimme all the things!
Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I feel like the Kumpania is a vibe, and I easily came up with an idea for a "big brother" character that I thought would fit his vibe. He's fab, ilu all, I wanted to try to wiggle my way in if I could for some fun! <3
Name: Ettore
Personality: Ettore likes to think of himself as a bit of a "big brother". Not quite a baro by any means, and he certainly has no plans on ever becoming one, but someone who looks out for those who are younger because he wants to emulate his own baro. Given that Ettore was a gajo once upon a time who was turned, and then found himself under Syn's wing, he started helping take "care" of others as a way of copying Syn. Somewhere along the years that act became the core of his personality.

Over all, Ettore is a little more easy going than most people would assume with a vampire. He is slow to anger and would rather spend most of his time pursuing his passion for music. Because of his easy going manner, Ettore often steps up when it comes to interacting with current gajo as the band goes through their travels. Ensuring that they find better lodgings, better deals, and taking care of any pesky annoyances in the background as much as he possibly can.

He cares deeply for his band members and does his best to support them no matter what choices they make in their unlife, but Ettore is someone who would jump as high as he could if Syn snapped her fingers in command. Over all, an oldest brother ready to help "mom" gather up all the younger kids as best he can.

Ettore's terribly kept secret is the fact that his personal passion is music, but not in the sense of the music that the band creates. Ettore tries to collect music sheets from a variety of places and people, storing them in his personal trunk along the band's travels. Some quiet nights he'll wander off by himself to practice playing music from a wide range of genres, humming along to himself as he figures out how to play it all on his guitar instead of whatever the music was intended to be played on. It doesn't always go well or sound the best, which is why he wanders off to do this by himself.

Motivations and Goals: Currently Ettore wants to keep on keeping on with what the Black Sheep Band is doing. Playing music, traveling, and helping the younger vampires of their clan. His only plan outside of that is to start creating music of his own one day, though that's more of his personal goal than anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:45 pm
Owner Username: Mewsings of An Angel
Tell us a bit about your RP style: My only hard nos are really death, or miscellaneous RP with no real growth or purpose. I like to feel challenged in what I write and be interested in what is going on.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?:

Complex Personality: Razvan is a multi-dimensional character with layers of mystery, charm, and compassion. As a Ravnos musician and Guardian, I would have the opportunity to explore the intricate balance between his enigmatic nature, his musical talents, and his deep sense of responsibility towards younger vampires. This complexity provides ample room for character development and growth.

Artistic Expression: The role of a guitar-playing Ravnos allows for immersive role-playing through music. I can engage in creative storytelling by crafting original songs, lyrics, and performances that reflect Razvan's emotions, experiences, and worldview. This artistic avenue adds an extra dimension to the character and to overall roleplay.

Influence on Others: Razvan's role as a mentor and protector to fledgling vampires introduces a unique dynamic. I would experience the satisfaction of guiding and empowering these younger characters, making impactful decisions that shape their futures. This mentorship role adds depth to interactions and provides opportunities for meaningful narratives.

Cultural Exploration: The Ravnos clan's traditions and lore provide a rich backdrop for storytelling. I can delve into the clan's history, beliefs, and rituals.

Balancing Darkness and Light: Razvan's commitment to both preserving Ravnos traditions and aiding the vulnerable offers a chance to navigate the complexities of morality within the vampire world. I can grapple with ethical dilemmas and moral choices, creating thought-provoking and emotionally resonant gameplay experiences.

Dynamic Relationships: Interactions with fellow band members, Kumpania members, and the larger vampire society offer a web of intricate relationships. I can engage in alliances, rivalries, and partnerships, contributing to a dynamic and evolving narrative.

Exploration of Identity: Razvan's personal journey of self-discovery and his connection to both the mortal and immortal realms provide a platform for exploring themes of identity, belonging, and the search for purpose. I can dive into philosophical and existential discussions.

Name: Razvan "Riff" Radu
Personality:
Razvan is a charismatic and enigmatic figure within the Black Sheep band of the CĆ¢ntecul Kumpania. With a mischievous glint in his eyes and a penchant for wit, he exudes an air of confident unpredictability that draws both humans and vampires alike to his magnetic presence. A true Ravnos, Razvan possesses an innate ability to weave illusions and stories that blur the lines between reality and fantasy, leaving those around him questioning their perceptions.

As one of the band's guitar players, Razvan is a maestro of melodies, effortlessly translating his emotions into hauntingly beautiful tunes that resonate deeply with his audience. His music carries an ethereal quality, reflecting both the sorrows and joys of his tumultuous existence. While on stage, he transforms into a dynamic performer, captivating everyone with his captivating stage presence and electric energy.

Offstage, Razvan's heart is as generous as his music is enchanting. He dedicates himself to the welfare of younger vampires who are struggling to find their way in the unforgiving world of the undead. His acts of kindness extend beyond mere charity; he becomes a mentor and friend to these fledglings, offering not only material assistance but also guidance and emotional support. He has earned the endearing title of "Guardian" from these fledglings, a testament to his unwavering dedication to their well-being.

Despite his benevolent nature, Razvan remains an enigma, guarding his own secrets with the same zeal he devotes to protecting others. His loyalty to the Kumpania and his fellow band members is unshakeable, and he harbors a deep reverence for the Antediluvian Durga Syn, the Baro of their small Kumpania. With a blend of mystery, charm, and a fierce desire to make a difference, Razvan "Riff" Radu is an unforgettable presence in both the world of vampires and the human realm they traverse during their musical journeys.

Motivations and Goals:

Artistic Fulfillment: Razvan's primary motivation lies in his passion for music and his desire to continuously evolve as an artist. He sees his guitar as an extension of his soul, using it to convey his emotions, tell stories, and explore the depths of his creativity. His goal is to perfect his musical craft and push the boundaries of his abilities, leaving an indelible mark on the world through his compositions and performances.

Connection to the Kumpania: Razvan is deeply connected to the CĆ¢ntecul Kumpania and the Black Sheep band. His loyalty to his fellow band members and the broader Kumpania is unshakable. He aims to uphold the traditions, values, and camaraderie that define their close-knit community. Through his music and actions, he strives to strengthen the bonds that tie them together, ensuring the survival and prosperity of the Kumpania.

Supporting Fledglings: One of Razvan's most profound goals is to be a guiding light for younger vampires who are struggling to find their way in the vampiric world. He aims to provide not only material support but also emotional guidance and a sense of belonging. By nurturing and protecting these fledglings, he hopes to create a safer and more compassionate environment for all vampires, challenging the harsh realities they often face.

Challenge Stereotypes: As a member of the Ravnos clan, Razvan is aware of the biases and stereotypes that surround his kind. He is motivated to challenge these perceptions by showcasing the positive aspects of his clan's abilities and characteristics. Through his music and interactions, he aims to dispel misconceptions and foster understanding between different vampire clans and the human world.

Preserving Culture: Razvan values his heritage and the rich cultural tapestry of the Kumpania. He seeks to preserve the traditions, stories, and history of his people through his music and interactions with both vampires and humans. By sharing these cultural treasures, he hopes to bridge gaps and foster mutual respect and appreciation.

Exploration and Discovery: Razvan's enigmatic nature drives him to explore the mysteries of both the vampire world and the mortal realm. He thrives on uncovering hidden truths and untold stories, and he often weaves these discoveries into his music and interactions. His curiosity is boundless, and he seeks to expand his understanding of the supernatural and the human condition.

In essence, Razvan's motivations and goals revolve around his passion for music, his dedication to his community, and his unwavering commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of those around him. His journey is one of self-discovery, artistic expression, and creating a brighter future for the fledglings.

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:39 pm
Owner Username:ziennia_zen

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I havenā€™t been able to roleplay on Gaia yet, but I roleplay often in other places. I like to do all kinds of plots, ranging from cute romance plots, nsfw, gore, combat, angst, etc. Iā€™m unlikely to not roleplay anything, but I stay away from topics such as incest, rape, etc. I also prefer to only roleplay things I know will be a good plot/have some weight on a story, as itā€™s a little bit of a waste of time to roleplay something for a very short amount of time for what seems like nothing. However, I get very easily dedicated to a roleplay I love.

Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I love the Ravnos vibe. Vagabonds and gypsies with a punk rock n roll feeling is such a unique and fun vibe. Of course, this is just a personal preference. I also really like the idea of a smaller organization to be apart of. It would be easier to get into large-scale plotting if I have experience in smaller projects and groups such as a band like this one. Not to mention, he looks really fun! Nothing like a good rocker.

Name: Calda Razboin (Kal-dah raaz-bon)

Personality: A bit of a tsundere. He has an RBF, seemingly entirely unapproachable and mean, but heā€™s used to adopting this appearance. When you meet him, heā€™s angry and aggressive, easily provoked. However, at heart, heā€™s a big softie. He cares a lot about his work as a Guardian with the Fledgling Ravnos, finding solace in helping those who need it when he didnā€™t get the help he needed at the time. Itā€™s easier for him to express himself with anger and aggressive music rather than how he truly feels. Complex emotions take a lot of energy, so heā€™d rather avoid them, and rock his heart out.

Motivations and Goals: Calda enjoys the band aspect of the Kumpania quite a lot, of course. Heā€™s hardworking, and youā€™ll often find him jamming out with a riff and making new music for the band. It is calming, and a very good way for him to vent his emotions. Calda, when not playing or performing, spends a lot of time helping Fledgelings with the rest of the Kumpania. Even though heā€™s low on money and resources himself (he doesnā€™t care much about material things, but he does enjoy a luxury now and then), Calda always sets aside time and money for this work as a Guardian. Heā€™s very grateful to Durga Syn for her protection of the Kumpania and of him, allowing him to join the band and their group of traveling gypsies. Heā€™s fiercely loyal to his band members, loving spending time with them and protecting them with all the fierce fighting he can. Calda wants to be something of a brother to them, but heā€™d never admit it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:23 am
Owner Username: [Estelle]
Tell us a bit about your RP style: Iā€™m pretty open to plots and tropes. I have a huge soft spot for found family (which this band very much feels like). My current plots are a bit all over the place right now, ranging from romance to family betrayals/angst, to coming of age. I also love less high stakes things (Iā€™m looking at me and Kinuā€™s blood freak siblings and their little found family/friend group). Iā€™m not opposed to major character death, but I would want extremely good reason and plot because it makes me sad.
Why does this particular character appeal to you?: I suppose I kind of touched on this before. I adore found family. Bands tend to be one on their own, but this group takes it a step further by being ā€œGuardiansā€ to the lost and struggling Fledglings.
Name: Garriden
Personality: It would be easy enough to assume that Garriden is cocky and full of himself by the way he flaunts and flirts in stage, just effortlessly charming. His ostentatious manner of performing MUST mean heā€™s a loud mouth, right? The reality couldnā€™t be further from the truth. The stage version is simply an illusion woven together with his music. Garriden is quiet and much more reserved off stage. Heā€™s more content to let the rest of the band chat while he listens, trying to figure out the best way to phrase any thoughts he may have. Some may take his quietness as a lack of opinion, but that couldnā€™t be further from the truth. He just choses his moments to express his opinions very carefully. Finding the words just takes him some time.

Still, he doesnā€™t leave all his charm on the stage. Thereā€™s a natural boyish charm to him that makes him easy to approach. This comes in handy particularly with the more skittish of the Fledglings that they help. While heā€™s a man of few words, he always seems to find the right ones to soothe the frayed nerves of the younger vampires.

When heā€™s not in rehearsals, on stage, or with their charges, Garriden enjoys crafting instruments. With an immortal life, he thinks heā€™s gotten quite good at it. Some instruments he keeps for himself and The Black Sheep, some he gives to particularly talented young vampires before they move on from an area, others, he sells to help fund the bands travels. And they donā€™t go cheap.

Motivations and Goals: Garriden aims to be a comforting presence to the younger vampires. He remembers all too well what it was like to feel alone and lost and on your own. Though much time has passed since he was in their shoes, itā€™s a feeling heā€™s had a hard time shaking. There are still times, he seeks reassurance from his band mates that they arenā€™t going to leave him. He does everything he can to make sure their charges never feel that way. Whether that means making sure that they get whatever trinket they were eyeing at the store front, or just having someone check in on them before day break, Garriden will do whatever he can. Itā€™s not unusual to find him teaching the next generation of musicians how to play. He always did think he was better with music than with words.

[Estelle]

Questionable Informer

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:35 am
Owner Username: spelldancer
Tell us a bit about your RP style: Iā€™ve been struggling to get into RP at Faekats because of some personal things I am going through. I can see the end soon, so I am hoping that I can start at least plotting things and doing one or two RPs. Story wise, there isnā€™t really anything I wonā€™t touch that falls into Gaia rules, unless my partner(s) want to avoid it.
Why does this particular character appeal to you?: Iā€™ve always liked the Ravnos clan. The CĆ¢ntecul Kumpania appeals because of their desire to help and the other members. There is a lot of potential there for stories and plots to develop, both between the members and outsiders.

Name: Shad
Personality: Shad is the happy relaxed sort. Eager to please and playful, he is good with fledglings and animals. He does struggle with authority figures a little though as they intimidate him. He is likely to have one word answers and monosyllabic sentences when interacting with unfamiliar vampires above ancillaes.

Shad has a mischievous streak that leads him to playing pranks, twisting words, and teasing others. All in good fun. If something ever hurt another kat he would be devastated. Despite his looks, he is awkward, a little clumsy, and self conscious, both in movement and deed. Until he gets on stage. There he shines. He loves to perform and loses himself in the music.

Small pretty objects left unattended in his vicinity have a habit of finding their way into his pockets.

Motivations and Goals: Shad wants to adopt all the children/fledgelings and take them home with him. He loves children and views fledgelings as another type of child. He understands that this is not possible, so wants to help where he can and appreciates that by being part of the CĆ¢ntecul Kumpania he can do that.

He is desperate to please Durga Syn and to be liked by his fellow band mates. This likely leads to them being able to manipulate him to some degree. He isnā€™t always going to do what they want, but he definitely is an easier target than some other vampires.

One dream Shad has is to perform for all the clans. He has a vague idea of some giant festive gathering where all the disciples and leaders are gathered. He knows it is fanciful and unlikely to ever happen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:43 pm
Owner Username: [Mistress Morbid]
Tell us a bit about your RP style: Uh. Honestly.. Im kinda relearning it myself. But back in the day there wasn't a whole lot I wouldn't do? I just really want to get back into the swing of things.
Why does this particular character appeal to you?: If memory serves, Ravnos was the first vampire clan I got, as the rest were clanless. So it's kinda got a special place in my heart. Not the mention the design and asthetics are just... chef kiss. They are one of my favorites.

Name: Desert Rose (Real name was lost to time.)
Personality: Cool, calm and collected. Desert typically is one to go with the flow and help out where needed. He can be hot headed at times, but that is a very once in a blue moon situation. He aims to help out in any way he can, be it the clan, the band or anyone in general. It doesn't matter what the task is.

Motivations and Goals: He wants to teach others how to play and read music. Desert Rose tries his damnedest to be a solid presence for those around him, regardless of whether or not they're all on agreeable terms. In the end he wants to see both the clan, and the band prosper. Did I mention he wants to teach others?

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:51 am
Congrats [Estelle]! Your entry has won the band Guitarist!

For everyone else who entered I have prizes for as well! These are semi custom Ravnos. Now, you can give me colors to sue or leave color choices completly up to me its your choice!

Thank you all for particpating I really enjoyed all your entries. heart

[Estelle]

ktqueen

Mewsings of An Angel

ziennia_zen

spelldancer

[Mistress Morbid]

āœš Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games