Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Do No Harm (Vaylin & Caedus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:28 pm
Vaylin felt the sweat drip down her brow as she ran through her training exercise again, she swung her energy sword striking at imagined foes as she tried to increase the speed and strength of her slash. She had chosen an isolated grove deep inside one of the city's park for her training ground. As important as her experiments and research was she also knew it was vital that she stay in shape for any combat she might be drawn into, combat seemed all too common on this planet.

After a few hours of exercises she decided she should call it a night. She walked over to a nearby stream and kneeled down to gather some of the cool water into her palms before splashing on her face to wash off her sweat and reinvigorate herself. As she finished washing her face she looked up and noticed some of the bushes rustling. She thought it might be an animal and being curious which Earth fauna it was she went to investigate.

She moved closer she spotted not an Earthly animal but rather a face she had not seen in some time. She spotted her king, Caedus himself, she was exuberant she had not seen the ancient royal since the Battle on the Hill and she had been worried what state he was in. "King Caedus! That's you right? It's Vaylin, I'm so glad to see you safe!" She called out to him unsure how well he could see her in the dim moonlight.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:44 pm
Caedus usually kept to the forest outside of the city when he was out. He didn’t like to use his glamour much, so it meant that he took great effort to stay out of of sight. Most eventings, this was an effective technique.

Tonight, not so much.

He was dressed in his uniform, and went without his cloak. In winter, he would don it again. Now, it was too hot. He’d just wanted a bit of fresh air, not to melt.

The was a stream nearby, and he’d intended to sit next to it and just listen to the sounds of nature. He just wanted something a bit different from all the noises of the city.

Vaylin had beaten him here.

His instinct had told him to dart and flee, but she approached with such kindness that he found himself succumbing to the loneliness he carried in his heart. It was dangerous to stay.

He couldn’t help himself.

“Just Caedus,” he corrected, as polite as always. He didn’t think he deserved any sort of title. His voice sounded a bit rough, like he might not have spoken for a while, but there was a friendly undertone.

He recognized Vaylin, of course, and offered a small smile. “I am glad to see you as well. It has been quite a while since I saw any of you.”

For good reason, though. He didn’t have a death wish.

Aurelius0815

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:01 pm
"Sorry, Caedus." She said with a friendly grin as she rubbed the back of her head. It didn't really feel right to address her people's last royal so casually but if that was what he preferred she'd try to keep it in mind.

"How have you been?" She asked tentatively. "Have you been able to find food and shelter? What about energy? If you need some I can give you some of my store." She faltered. "Sorry I probably sound like a busybody, I'm sure you know how to take care of yourself." She said realizing she was probably overstepping her bounds.

"I know." She said looking down, she understood his unspoken words. It had been a while since he had had seen them because the Commodore put a hit out on the ancient man. She tried to keep her stance neutral and unthreatening, she couldn't imagine what Caedus had felt since that battle, not being able to trust even his own people. "I'm sorry about everything that happened with Commodore Lyndin. But you don't need to be guarded around me." She promised. "I swear I'm not going to try to take your starseed or turn you over to the rest of the Vanguard. I'd like to help you if I can." She hoped the man would trust her.

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:58 pm
For a moment, Caedus was quiet. He was probably very good at keeping his cards hidden, but there was something about him that just seemed tired. Whatever shields he had up were thinning. Maybe just tonight. He’d always seemed like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, but there was something just a bit more vulnerable about him tonight.

He was no less guarded, but her words inspired a much desired dream.

“Thank you. I am fine. I have food and shelter. I was just out for a walk tonight. I am restless.” Too much energy to be still, not enough to do anything phenomenal. He was far more interested in how she and the rest of the Vanguard were doing than he was interested in talking about himself.

“You owe me no apologies.” He didn’t act as if he were mad at Lyndin, only hurt. It carried in his voice, his posture, his eyes. “But I must admit, I do not know how I can be helped. Or what I need. I suppose there has been no advancement on starseed research, or I would have heard of it.” He already sounded disappointed. “Or any breakthroughs on how I might help while keeping possession of my own.”

Aurelius0815

The Space Cauldron

Captain

Aurelius0815

Divine Noob

2,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:22 am
"It is a good night for that." She agreed. "I was just training myself." The night air was perfect for such activities, without the intense heat of the summer days and yet lacking the chill of this planet's winter months. She wished this planet maintained this weather constantly.

"Oh I did not mean immediately, I meant in general and in perpetuity. I want to serve you Caedus, I know I am only a Corporal but I want to be able to be of use to you. I'd be happy to serve as your eyes, your hands, and your blade whatever you need. Though I know you are more than capable on your own, I hope maybe I could make any burden you carry lesser." She spoke earnestly hoping she was making sense and not just babbling incoherently.

"The Vanguard is supposed to help and protect all of our people, that should include you. I know the Commodore and the others have their reasons but I don't agree with them I want to find a way that we can save our our people without abandoning you and until then I want to be there for you even if no one else will. It doesn't have to be now but I hope if you find you require some thing in the future you'll trust me enough to let me aid you." She beseeched the older man. "Until then I'm going to keep looking, I'm certain the answer is out there, I think it lies with the Senshi and Knights here. They have so much experience restoring worlds. I'm researching the interactions of their magic and their worlds. I hope maybe we can recreate it so that we don't need Sailor Velenia."

The Space Cauldron

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:18 pm
Vaylin made sense, in that Caedus could understand her words. If not necessarily the meaning behind them, or the motivations. He chanced a small, tired smile.

He had trusted before. He had been betrayed.

Even if he sensed no ill will in her offer, the wound was still fresh. He didn’t know if it would ever heal, but he was doing his best to focus on the future and not dwell on the past. It was just difficult to follow through when he knew the majority of the Vanguardians were still following orders to detain him.

“I too am hopeful that there are alternatives,” he said softly. “With all the life on Earth, I find it impossible that our options would be so limited. But maybe that is just wishful thinking.” He sighed heavily and his head hung a bit. “I will not reject any offered help. I am out of my element. I have made no progress in finding any alternatives. Perhaps I am not doing enough. I was hoping that with so many bright minds, and Commodore Lyndin here, there would be progress, but…it feels like such an impossible task. I appreciate your enthusiasm. I too am certain there is a better answer out there. I only hope we can find it before…”

His voice trailed off and he drew in a deep breath. For a moment, he held it, and then he slowly released it. “I am sorry to disappoint you. I wish I had more information to help you. I think you have a worthy goal. I have been trying to understand why Earth is at the center of so much. I have spoken with a few, about their worlds. About how they have restored them. I have wondered if there is not some power in the universe that could ignite Velenia again, or grant Velencya the strength it needs to succeed in whatever form our people think best. It seems like there are so many options, and yet I find myself overwhelmed with dead ends. Have you found anything promising yet in your efforts?”

Aurelius0815

The Space Cauldron

Captain

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas