Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Deep Space: Homeworld Exploration
[R] Lost to Time [Sessrumnir x Lucien x Alastor]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:57 pm
Devyn was stressed the entire time that Lucien slept. He felt like he was checking to make sure he was still breathing every few seconds, even though he could feel the energy signature radiating from him. Michael had sat down next to him, and while the Mauvian slept, he’d had no shame in resting against him. They whispered between each other, and Devyn petted his back the entire time.

His conversations with Michael had been brief and hushed about the important things; he kept an eye on Lucien’s breathing and to make sure he didn’t see his little ears twitching at any point in time.

They didn’t.

It wasn’t any surprise that he’d be exhausted; a stasis might have kept him alive but he couldn’t imagine it was a real rest.

He and Michael had determined that the best thing to do would be to stay on the island for now. It was unexplored and would give them something to do, and they wouldn’t have to risk going down to Alastor so Lucien could see how much the world had changed. Devyn would give him information when it felt right.

He wasn’t going to lie to him, but he wasn’t going to flood him with sensitive facts. They were going to play things by ear, but planned to head back to Earth by the end of the day regardless of the outcome of things. They hadn’t messaged anyone back home yet.

When Lucien awoke, Devyn had more snacks for him, and more water, and bothered him with another massage to make sure he didn’t get any cramps while he was sleeping.

Or, maybe that was just his excuse to pet him. He hadn’t stopped since they pulled him out. It hadn’t occurred to him that he hadn’t asked Michael if they could bring him back to Earth with them, but as Soleiyu was over already, it wasn’t like anyone had a Mauvian allergy to worry about. And, Devyn wanted to keep an eye on him, just to make sure he didn’t get sick, or disappear.

Devyn would have been happy to carry Lucien–and did, for a while, when they decided he might do better with some fresh air. When they reached the room with the fountain, he set him down so he could stretch his legs.

“We haven’t explored much beyond this point. We came from another passageway in the cave. I didn’t know you and Marius were working on this. But Percy knew, didn’t he? And Atrius?”

He spoke their names carefully, because he didn’t want to tell Lucien that they were gone. Percy, he knew had passed. The others…

Devyn’s heart already ached for the Mauvian, because he knew how jarring it was to find out. He’d spent months after Michael told him, just secluding himself on his homeworld. And that wasn’t even the first time he’d found out. He’d just been so good at burying his own memories that he’d lived his happy little lie.

It had gotten him this far, though.

Lucien wouldn’t have to deal with anything alone.

And, when it was time to have that talk, there was enough space here that Michael could have chosen to stay with them or taken a bit of space. It was peaceful here. Not perfect, but with the gentle breeze and warm sunlight, and the steady trickle of water from the fountain, at least it was better than at the end of some dark tunnel.

Guine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:09 pm
Michael might not have had the same experience as Devyn when it came to losing everyone he’d ever known, but Michael had lost people he’d cared for, both in the past and more recently. He knew there was only so much he could do to comfort his husband, especially with this strange turn of events, but he made sure to stay close to him with an arm around his waist and gave him a kiss whenever he could manage it.

Once Lucien was awake again, Michael did his best to be as uninteresting as possible, although the Mauvian kept looking at him with scrutinizing curiosity. He didn’t say anything to Michael, but Michael suspected that he knew something was off.

He kept himself beside Devyn, but made sure to give the two as much space as they needed. Not distressing Lucien was important, especially since it seemed like that was something Devyn was worrying about.

Maybe with all of his memories intact, Lucien would have realized things a lot quicker. He already knew that more than half a year had passed. The amount of vines and dirt and decay around them didn’t just appear overnight, although the only real evidence was the rubble and flora around his stasis pod. Everything else could have already been as such.

He’d grunted a little as he was reluctantly lowered to the ground, having been content to be carried, but he stretched his back legs and then his front as he observed the space around them.

Devyn -- he recognized Devyn. If not everything about him, then by bond at the very least. He remembered helping Devyn unlock his powers when he was small, but those memories felt more ingrained because they were part of his duties as a Mauvian.

He remembered he was a Mauvian and his duties as one. He remembered his connection to Alastor. It was more instinctual than anything.

The names Devyn said…

They were like whispers in his memory. He felt more than he remembered. And he could feel his heart throb when they were mentioned.

“Marius,” he repeated, because there was something stronger there than the others, but there was also something he felt for the other two as well. But there was a fondness in his voice when he said Marius’s name, and it was clear that he hadn’t expected to say the name in such a way because he paused.

Lucien looked from the fountain and the statues that were there, to the structure around them, and the windows with no glass that gave a look out at the grasses and sunlight that filtered through.

“I don’t remember,” he confessed, a hint of frustration in his voice, but he puffed out his chest to show that he was fine. “I appreciate your caution and consideration, but you might as well tell me what I need to know. I am unsure what memories I will get back, or if they are even recoverable.”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:33 pm
That Lucien didn’t remember was–

Odd.

Understandable, he supposed. Whatever safety and security device that had kept him in stasis was probably meant more for long journeys, but even then he couldn’t imagine it was supposed to function for more than a few months.

This far exceeded his expectation for what should be possible.

Lucien couldn’t remember, so couldn’t tell them if he’d had to make any last minute adjustments to the pod in preparation for whatever had forced him into it. He couldn’t tell them what the danger was, or much of anything.

…But, maybe that was a blessing in disguise.

A part of Devyn, a selfish part, was disheartened to hear that those names didn’t register much in Lucien’s mind. He’d hoped that they could have reminisced, but he’d been spoiled anyway–between Michael’s memories, and this newfound trove of projects they’d uncovered.

Devyn wanted to pick him up again.

“You won’t like what I have to say,” Devyn cautioned. It wasn’t that he didn’t think that Lucien could handle it, he just wanted to give himself a moment to prepare. There was no reason to tease him with information; he knew how stressful and frustrating this must be, trying to piece together…

Everything.

Lucien seemed himself, so it was hard to imagine him without knowing these people that Devyn had shared with him. Maybe this would be easier.

“I thought you left a long time ago. Back when the Chaos started getting bad, when we wound up cut off from the rest of the universe. I thought you made it out. We didn’t have any contact for so long, I just assumed you got through but couldn’t get back to us.”

He paused every few sentences, to give him a chance to process what he was saying. “Alastor faced its fair share of hardships in the time since then. The usual things, you know. War. Weather. Alastor isn’t the same place it used to be. The Chaos was a plague. It squeezed the life from this world. There was a lot of storming, a lot of flooding. Crops wouldn’t grow, resources became scarce. We survived, but it took its toll on the world. I think people traveled away, but. It’s pretty empty now.”

He inhaled, held it. Exhaled. He was calm as he spoke, he didn’t want to rile Lucien up. “You’ve been gone for a good few hundred years. Probably closer to a thousand. Alastor isn’t alone with these losses, most of the universe is empty. But Earth is thriving, I sort of live there now. They’ve got a Chaos problem of their own. I was hoping you’d come back with me. Well, with us. I stay with Michael, he’s been taking care of me.”

Guine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:59 pm
Lucien came to a stop beside the fountain as Devyn started explaining things. He sat and curled his tail around himself, which flicked every so often as he listened.

Devyn was right that he didn’t like what he had to say. Knowing how much Alastor had suffered felt like a failure on his part. Knowing it had been plagued by storms and flooding and Chaos was heartbreaking. He might not remember the specifics, but he remembered how deeply he felt for the world and its people.

So finding out that he was gone for a thousand years…?

There was enough fur in his mane that the hackles that were raised with the information wasn’t quite as noticeable to those who didn’t know him. Ah, but Devyn did, and could probably pick up on his mannerisms. So he tried to settle himself as quickly as possible, and turned a critical eye towards Devyn and his companion.

“For simplicity, let’s say I believe you. From the little I can recall, you’ve given me no reason to doubt your honesty. Your choices were a bit questionable, and your nosiness was downright troublesome, but I feel that I can trust you. That I trusted you before. However, you are expecting me to believe that centuries have passed and you and I remain virtually unchanged. I am aware that a certain amount of time has passed,” he agreed, because there was evidence all around him. “But I was not aware that Alastorians lived for centuries.”

“We don’t know why, but some Senshi, such as Devyn, have managed to survive what is called by some as the fall of the Silver Millenium,” Michael explained, crossing his arms over his chest as he stood comfortably beside Devyn. Close enough that his elbow brushed against Devyn’s arm.

“From what we’ve gathered, there are Senshi who have somehow been spared from aging, probably by their worlds in order to protect it, and some were put into stasis and were recently awakened with a surge of energy from a destroyed fragment of a moon. So far it’s just been a handful of Senshi. Those who haven’t survived for centuries on their planets have been reawakened on Earth. As well as Knights, but there’s no longer an Academy.”

Which, for maybe the first time, Michael wondered why no one had bothered trying to get something started up again. He knew the Knights and Senshi tended to be a bit more fractured since they had more trouble keeping safe.

But maybe…

It was something to talk to Devyn about some other time.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:19 am
Lucien’s memories of the others had faded, but Devyn stalled briefly in a way that perhaps was a bit more obvious than he’d intended. He was very rarely stunned to the point that he was readable, but there was a brief few seconds where it seemed to settle in that Lucien might not have remembered him.

Parts of him, sure. Vague knowledge, maybe.

It hadn’t occurred to Devyn that Lucien would recall so little of him.

His lips pressed together while they twisted into the shadow of a frown. He felt Michael’s elbow brush against him, and it was appreciated for the reassurance it brought, but in that moment he planted his hands on his hips and turned his attention towards the grassy fields beyond the window.

Lucien remembered that he was questionable. And nosy. And troublesome.

Not good traits. But Lucien had also always liked to harass him a bit. He had to tell himself that it didn’t mean anything that that’s what he remembered of Devyn. Lucien thought he was trustworthy, so maybe that was enough. There were plenty of other things he could think, instead.

Lucien wasn’t in the wrong in any way. He was here and alive, and if his memories were foggy or distorted, better that than him be hurt or in poor health.

Still, Devyn had to draw in a breath, hold it, and breathe out slowly to keep his composure.

He’d seen the way Lucien’s hackles had raised, though he hadn’t been looking for it. This was stressful on him. It wasn’t fair to be upset, not when Lucien had so much more to sort through. Devyn rolled his shoulders as he breathed out and forced himself to relax. He lowered his arms to his side and tried to keep the tension at bay through willpower alone.

“A lot has changed,” he said. He sounded apologetic again.

He should have looked for Lucien sooner.

He couldn't change the past, he knew that, but the nagging voice in his head persisted.

Devyn wasn’t the sort to give up or back down from anything, but he felt tired now. Maybe the fatigue from pushing through the sickness had just caught up with him.

“I should have died a long time ago.” Just a fact. He didn’t have any emotion behind it. There was no great secret to his long-lived life. He was just here. He didn’t add ‘along with everyone else’. It didn’t matter. “But then, Alastor would have been defenseless to the Chaos. I think my longevity stems from desperation. I kept it at bay for as long as I could, but it wasn’t until a pathway to Earth opened up and I was able to regain the strength I’d lost and find allies to help me. I’ve spent the time since then trying to clean things up but there’s been a lot of damage. There isn’t really anyone here to help so it’s been a bit slow going. There are other Mauvians on Earth. They might be able to give you a bit more insight. I was here on Alastor for all but the last year and a half, so I’m still catching up, too.”

Guine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:45 am
Perhaps not being able to remember things really was a blessing in disguise. Lucien could see the expression that pulled at Devyn’s features, and Lucien frowned as well because upsetting his bonded did nothing to help the situation.

He couldn’t force himself to remember things, but perhaps in his stasis pod he would be able to recover any little bits of information and details that could help him piece things together.

There were moments when he thought he could remember more than he was able to process. He could remember feelings more than physical things. One such moment was when he’d woken up to see Devyn holding him. He knew who he was, but everything shifted and vanished like a weight being dropped into a deep pool.

“It appears as though I should have, as well,” Lucien commiserated, but puffed out his chest again because neither of them had died. They were still there. Somehow. “Had you not survived, I doubt I would still be here. I am unsure how, but perhaps Alastor has use for me, still.”

He stretched again, and this time padded his way over to Devyn’s legs where he rubbed up against them.

It was difficult not to just reach over and hug Devyn. He wanted to offer him comfort, but didn’t want to take away the importance of talking to Lucien about everything. The fact that he remembered so little was…

It was fine. It wasn’t something they could control, so it would just be something they needed to remember they had to work with. He suspected that Devyn was disappointed. He might have liked someone who remembered everything that he was missing. The people. The places, how Alastor was supposed to be.

Or at least used to be.

Michael knew his memories could only go so far. Devyn might have Lucien back in his life, but did he really have the friend he’d mourned if Lucien couldn’t remember anything?

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:05 am
Such thoughts seemed to have passed Devyn’s mind as well, and though there was something a bit more reserved in how he carried himself now, he still bent over to scoop Lucien up after he brushed against his leg. Maybe it was habit, or maybe it was just his own little way of finding a quiet comfort.

“Alastor will always have use of your services, for as long as you're willing to provide them.”

He held Lucien in one arm and absentmindedly scratched behind his ear before he turned to Michael.

“I don’t know if there’s much point to staying up here. We should secure the pod to make sure it’s safe, but I don’t know if we should try to bring it back with us or if that would just be some sort of target back on Earth. We can come back up here again. I think I’d rather get home and see if we can get you both a check up. The air’s a little thin up here, I’m sure that’s not helping. But we can get some good food, some good rest. Atticus is missing us. Alastor will be fine for a week or so until we can come back. Unless either of you have other plans. I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

He loved his world, very much, and for all the years he’d wanted to know what was up here and explore, today he was just tired. He wasn’t going to be able to appreciate any of it.

There were more important things to take care of, anyway.

Guine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:54 am
Lucien went limp in Devyn’s arms when he was picked up, a rumbling purr escaping as he was scratched behind his ear. Who was he to argue about being pampered? He’d had a very long stasis, after all. It was what he deserved before getting back to work.

“It wouldn’t be right for me to stop being who I am just because of a little sleep. I hope the Mauvians you have on Earth will be able to help me catch up on the last thousand years. Maybe they will have a way to help me regain some of my memories.”

He didn’t know what to expect, but at least there were Mauvians. A little Chaos to deal with? That was fine. They would be able to figure that out as well. He would be too restless to sit around, anyway.

Although he wouldn’t say no to someone brushing his fur.

“Atticus?” he repeated, because that wasn’t a name he’d heard yet.

Michael didn’t have any arguments about leaving for now. “We’ll come back up another time,” he agreed.

But he caved and moved close so he could gently pull Devyn’s head closer to him as he kissed the side of it, then lowered his hand to rub at his back a bit.

It didn’t seem as though Lucien remembered the people in Devyn’s life, so he spared a glance at Devyn for a moment before responding.

“Atticus is our son. You’ll meet him,” Michael promised and then took a quick look around them to make sure they weren’t forgetting anything. He wasn’t sure how long it would take to get Lucien settled, but it was better than him still being in stasis until his pod gave out.

Kyuseisha no Hikari
Fin!

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Deep Space: Homeworld Exploration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items