Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Mother's Wish (Tove Erickson + Knight's Watch Herd)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:40 pm
User Image
Alienore was up early that morning. The early morning sunlight dappling through the leaves warmed her dark coat, and a gentle breeze ruffled her feathers. She sighed, accepting it for what it was. She had come back to the herd after collecting some spare Angeni Charms. The vague idea in mind had been to have some around, perhaps try Charming other Shifters, see if it offered other Shifters the same opportunities afforded by Perdita.

The Wind mare was aware that the Shifter was still hanging around; it seemed like she wasn't ready to leave yet, for one reason or another. It didn't really bother Alienore, particularly since the Shifter had come with the Wind and her bear to collect more Charms, and seemed happy to carry any they'd collected.

Today, Alienore didn't have anything planned. Well, that wasn't strictly correct; sleeping in had seemed a viable option. Except that it hadn't wound up happening. Not that she particularly minded, Alienore enjoyed a good morning, but it would have been nice to just relax. At least it was still doable, and more sleep could always happen later. Summer afternoons like the ones that had descended upon the Kawani lands were always viable options for naps.

In the meantime, she made her way down to the nearby river. Rinsing off the dirt of the road sounded really appealing; the Wind had been too tired to do so last night. Seren was still sleeping, albeit lightly; the bear would come quickly if there was trouble, but if there wasn't, Seren would be happy to stay asleep. It would be a different conversation during salmon spawning season, but not at this time. A nice, relaxing swim, followed by breakfast, and then perhaps some more sleep.

Unfortunately, that was not a plan that was going to come to fruition, although for very good reasons.

User Image
Ailbhe was still napping, however, enjoying the early summer weather. Even so long after making it home, finally having two beautiful little fillies with her beloved, and settling into the new life Karloff had built, Ailbhe preferred to stay nestled in their hollow for as long as she could, particularly if Karloff was there. On some level, the Cheshire still needed the comfort of her beloved mate to feel like she was home, after the adventures she'd had away from home.

Besides, getting up meant possibly interacting with the Shifter who'd inadvertently sent her on that adventure to begin with. The Shifter was Charmed now, and extremely apologetic for what happened, even seemed terrified of making Ailbhe in any way uncomfortable. It was...honestly a bit unsettling, seeing her attacker around, and unsettling to know that said attacker was more scared of upsetting the Cheshire than the Cheshire was at all scared of the Shifter.

Hence why Ailbhe preferred to spend more time asleep or gathering resources for the herd. Less complicated that way. But, even as she dozed, Ailbhe kept an ear open on the off-chance any help was needed at this early hour.

User Image
Kendra, unlike her mother, was up rather earlier. She had wanted to get some exercise, and mornings always felt good for exercising and perhaps some practice sparring. Twitching her tail, she prepared to start a little agility course she'd set for herself. She was decent at defending herself, but not as good at running or quickly getting over or around obstacles, and it bothered the young Cheshire a bit. Fallen logs had been hauled into convenient positions around the territory, among other bric-a-brac that did passable work for giving Kendra an adequate challenge. She smiled, pure red eyes almost glowing as she took a deep breath.

Sometime soon, she'd have to adjust the course, start making it more difficult, less predictable. Predictability was probably obscuring the advantages of practice at this point. Probably not today, though. The plan was to do one or two laps, bathe in the river, and then go on a more stately patrol. A patrol wasn't all that scintillating an activity, but, in the face of not very much action on a daily basis, patrol, sparring, and her obstacle course were what she generally had in terms of excitement.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, for her, excitement was coming her way, about midway through her morning run. She skidded to a halt, blinking in surprise. Strangers. At least one of them a Shifter. And it sounded like unhappiness was involved.

She should probably get help, and not try to fix this on her own. What she wouldn't give for a familiar right now, like her father's raccoon, or her mother's bunny, or Alienore's bear. Send the familiar for help while she tried to figure out what was going on. Probably best to try to find out what was going on, then run for help.

"Halt! What's going on?" she called out firmly, hoping they'd listen. If it was safe to. Though, admittedly, Kendra was honestly not entirely certain what to do under the circumstances.

User Image
Perdita probably should have left the herd ages ago. It wasn't like her to stick around. Well. Probably wasn't like her. Life without the creature was still a learning experience. At any rate, the Shifter had stayed to find a way to repay the debt she owed Alienore, the kind Wind who'd changed her life. Even if Alienore really hadn't been thinking that far ahead when she'd helped Perdita. It still meant more to Perdita than she could articulate to have received such a powerful gift.

Dead fish hadn't been on the table, but offering to help the Wind on her journeys beyond the herd seemed to be some small use. Or would, until Alienore decided to gently persuade Perdita to try moving on with the rest of her life. It hadn't happened yet, and, in the meantime, Perdita was shadowing her savior as much as she felt she could get away with.

This morning, however, Perdita was reasonably certain that Alienore had no real need of the Shifter's assistance, and, thus, Perdita was doing some fishing. She had long since co-opted a large basket to collect fish for the rest of the herd. Alienore and some of the other members might be purely herbivorous, but others liked fish just fine, and Perdita was making an effort to try to figure out if she could excuse her prolonged presence in the herd by offering to catch and preserve fish for both herd members, and any visiting Shifters, since the herd seemed open to helping other Shifters as Alienore had helped Perdita. The next trick would be figuring out how best to preserve fish without a method of creating fire, or having a massive collection of salt that she could use to salt the fish. Drying in the sun while aggressively chasing off all other hungry wildlife was probably her best bet, though it'd be easier if she had some kind of rack to dry them on that random wildlife couldn't get at.

In the meantime, though, she needed to be able to catch enough fish to be able to properly worry about preservation methodologies. While she was good at fishing, what Perdita wanted to do was going to mean catching more fish than she usually did. And making it clear to Karloff's mate Ailbhe that Perdita was incredibly sorry for the trouble she'd caused when she first ran across Ailbhe. The Shifter knew she made the "Cheshire" nervous, but she had no idea how to make it stop.

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Surprising suggestion here: I'm cool with Kendra having received her facial scars during this incident, if it does happen. Otherwise, I can play it off as something that happens before or after this RP. Wanting to make clear that I'm good with a little accidental facial scarring on a pony that already has facial scarring (but no record of how it happened!)!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:46 pm
Revna Ulfsdóttir tugged against the leather straps that were the only protection against her son Tove Erickson. Her muscles were cramped and sore from the two days of trying to drag him here. Tove was becoming less and less affected by the crushed berries she’d given him to make him tired.

The last mile had been a struggle, the creaking of the leather straps let her know that her time was coming to an end. He was waking up.

She saw the mare approaching her and shouted, “Bring the Night’s Watch and the gems, I have found my son!” Then came the sound of a strap breaking.

Tove Erickson remembered his father’s snarl as slashed at him and sent him out. One day, he’d be strong enough to kill the old man. He just had to bide his time. But his father probably suspected as much and never gave him the opportunity.

As he was pondering his next actions, an elk came thundering through the brush in terror. Gleeful, Tove chased him down and cornered the creature, toying with it until he was bored and then slowly killing it.

As he ate though, he felt strange. His head was swimming and he felt very thirsty. Then his body was swaying and he felt himself fall over. The next thing he heard was the soft lyrical sound of someone saying his name sweetly, but no one said his name sweetly.

His thoughts swam in and out of his grip, unable to hold onto any of them. He remembered the canopy of trees above him. A sweet voice. Something that smelled like leaves.

It took awhile but then his head fought to clear itself. It took even longer for strength to begin to return to his limbs–which were bound. There were voices speaking and Tove knew if he was going to rouse himself it had to be now. With a loud snap, he broke one of the leather bindings.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:49 pm
Kendra nodded. "I'll be back as quick as I can!" she called toward the mare before turning and sprinting away. Who to get first? Probably Alienore. The Wind had brought some new gems home with her the night before, and would know where they were kept. Failing that, the Shifter who trailed along behind Alienore, Perdita, would probably know where either the gems were, or where the Wind was. If Alienore was awake, which she probably was, as an early riser, she might not be with the gems, so the Wind would need to retrieve them first. After alerting Alienore, probably track down everyone who could help hold down an unhappy Shifter.

She might not be sure where the Wind mare was...but Perdita seemed to always be fishing, especially this time of the morning.

Kendra made for the river, only just remembering in time that Perdita was skittish, and might not like alarming noises. Skidding to a halt a good dozen yards away, she called out, "Ummm, hey, Perdita? Could you get Alienore, if you know where she is? We have a Shifter that needs to be Charmed, and I don't think he's going to stay tied down for long! I need to get everyone else I can, can you and Alienore meet us with the gems on the edge of the forest?" she asked, nodding over her shoulder the direction from whence she'd come. Seeing Perdita nod, Kendra wheeled around and sprinted toward where she knew she could find her family this time of the morning, hurrying to deliver the news that it was an all-hooves-on-deck situation.

Perdita blinked in startled surprise, loosing track of the fish she'd been attempting to snag at the younger mare's arrival. This...this sounded bad. An unhappy Shifter in need of Charming...someone must want this Shifter Charmed instead of dead. Time was of the essence. The cat Shifter nodded, got to her feet, and bounded away along the river toward where she'd noted the Wind mare had gone, probably for a bath. Perdita wasn't much one for baths, it was something about how her feline fur hung on her body, but the more equine bits actually found bathing more pleasurable.

Unfortunately, Alienore's bath could wait for later.

And so could Perdita's objections.

Perdita jumped into the water to get the Wind's attention. "Kendra says there's a Shifter who needs Charming, and I think they're going to have trouble holding him down. She says we're going to need the gems. I think I know where it is, and I can lead yo--"

She was interrupted by being lifted abruptly onto the Wind's back. Panicking slightly, she dug her claws in, froze, realizing that this was almost certainly hurting and scaring Alienore, and only relaxed her death grip slightly as the Wind made her way onto the bank, broke into a gallop, and kicked off into the air, wings beating powerfully to generate the necessary lift. She hadn't heard what Alienore had said during her panic, but it seemed self-evident. Hold on.

Alienore turned around at the splash in the water. A Shifter in need of Charming? Danger? This was definitely urgent. The Shifter probably didn't want to be Charmed, but someone else did. No time to waste. If they couldn't Charm this Shifter, more drastic options might be on the table.

"Hang on, it'll be faster if I fly us," she said as she hefted the Shifter onto her back with a toss of her muzzle under Perdita's belly. The Wind winced as she felt the claws dig in, then retract slightly, before turning around and getting them airborne. It wasn't far to where she'd left the small satchel of gems, but she'd need to keep moving, without paying much mind to any terrestrial obstacles.

It wasn't very long before she was diving toward her little hollow, where Seren slept protectively with the satchel.

"Seren! Wake up! We've got a Shifter that needs Charming. I'll take the bag, you follow Kendra and give them a paw, all right?" she asked as the bear blinked up at her blearily. The bear snapped awake, nodding, and passed up the satchel of gems before lumbering away at an alarmingly fast pace.

Beating her wings hard to regain altitude, she said to Perdita, with teeth full of satchel, "Hokeh, lead me whur we need tah go."

Ailbhe heard her daughter's voice as she arrived in the hollow where she was still dozing. Blinking, she uncurled herself, still processing. "Give me a moment! I'm coming with you," she said, getting to her feet. With her nose, she nudged her bunny, Yuzuki. "Sorry, Yuzuki, I think they can use everybody this morning. Even if you're not very strong, can you come with and help play lookout for Alienore? If we're going with Kendra, we'll need someone to help spot her." The bunny grinned toothily, bouncing up along the proffered feline tail, where she gripped Ailbhe's cape.

"All right, let's get going! It sounds like we haven't a moment to lose!" Underneath Ailbhe's chipper and businesslike demeanor, something quailed inside. Shifters were no joke, they could be quite dangerous when upset. The odds were quite good that someone would get hurt. Fortunately, Alienore's bear was lumbering quickly toward the clearing, although still several yards away. The Cheshire sighed softly with relief as she hurried after her daughter, Yuzuki hanging on for dear life. Yuzuki could play lookout, Seren would lend her strength. Plus, if Seren knew, then Alienore had probably collected the gems and was probably making her way in the right direction. Right. No time to lose.

Nyx Queen of Darkness
TAG

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces