Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Event-R] pods a plenty {Chalcanthite x Melpomene} Fin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:14 pm
Curious Findings (17) : Maybe it’s got something to do with the weather, or the construction, or all the other general oddities that seem to occur in Destiny City, but for the first time in nearly fifty years, the historic tree in one of Downtown Destiny City’s parks has woken up. While the tree was known for being alive and growing despite a lengthy hibernation, this is the first year that it’s sprouted leaves–but that’s not all! The unique tree has now also started growing strange pods. Because of the trees legacy–and not at all because of the oddity–the area has been taped off, but that really hasn’t been enough to stop anyone curious enough to investigate. The tree itself is several feet wide and stands roughly fifty feet tall; it’s branches spread significantly and seem like they can hold a lot of weight–which is good, because the pods growing on it have a hard brown shell and can grow up to the size of a soccer ball. Sometimes, the larger ones seem to tremble and shake in place. Maybe it's an animal trying to nibble? Maybe it’s just the wind? Maybe it’s something else. The pods can be pulled from the tree or collected from the ground; the shells are incredibly difficult to crack open, and some of them leak a strange, acidic sap that is strong enough to cause skin agitation–and in some cases there are even reports that it’s burned through wood or fabric. Sometimes, the healthier looking pods that aren’t leaking anything even seem to shake on their own, which is a mystery in itself. Another mystery is why Almadel seems so keen to trade for them…

Tonight was more of a laid back night, Chalcanthite wanted to get a look at that old tree that was alive again all of a sudden. He had seen a few signs asking about the pods that grew on the tree so it would be good to grab some for that anonymous requester. They might have some interesting wares in exchange and part of him wondered if it was related to some of the weird rumors he had heard from his after school students.

He had invited Melpomene to join him in walking about the city, it would be a nice change of pace for the both of them. They had been doing a lot out at the other house so it was rare to be powered up walking around together. Tonight he would also let them know of the change in his weapon, it was something he had been toying around with a bit in negaspace but hadn’t really shown off to his partner yet.

Waiting for them beneath the old tree, he looked up and watched as some of the pods shook. It wasn’t very windy so was something eating them?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:25 pm
The fact that the old tree, because everyone sort of knew about it, was in the news for sprouting leaves for the first time in ages. The tree was huge, everyone knew it, and it hadn't had leaves in more years than he'd been alive. The tree wasn't dead, that had been proven as it continued to grow, but the lack of leaves had always had people wondering about it. On and off you'd hear people mention it, especially if they'd been to the park recently, but now it was in the news for the opposite.

Knowing Chalcanthite was curious abotu it, and wanted to check out the pods it seemed to be growing, Melomene had deicded to join the other on this trip. The meeting spot was - the tree. So he'd headed that way after leaving campus and powering up, he'd ducked into an alley way in order to power up, and with his hands in his pants pockets the blond had arrived at the tape that was there to keep the tree safe.

"Sorry if I ran late. I got a bit caught up with a professor." Since his last class had been tonight he'd stayed for a few extra minutes so I could get my final exam score." Which he'd done well in, thankfully, he'd been working hard all semester long. He wanted to secure himself good grades so he could get a good job, one which would set him for life.

Sara Draconia

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:30 pm
Turning as he felt the other drawing close, he smiled. "It is ok, I only just arrived here myself. I hope your exam went well, you studied quite a bit for it." It was more a reassuring tone than one of expectation. He had been trying to be less clingy in that sense since Melpomene really could take care of himself. Chalcantite didn't need to mother hen him and also didn't need to be as anxious that something bad would happen to him either.

"But, in other news, I saw some interesting signs around town from someone looking for the pods that started to sprout on this tree. We should both grab one to bring in for trade, I wonder if he would have something just as unique for us in return?"
Carefully nudging one of the fallen pods with his shoe, he wondered what was valuable about them. Were they good ingredients for something? Regardless, he thought about the particulars of the sign. They had to be from the vine as it were and not from the ground.

"I think two each should be enough but we should be careful. I have no idea what these things are."

Sleet Tempest Snape

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:30 pm
"I passed, 95 percent." He'd studied hard, as the other knew, and it had paid off. He was determined to do well in his classes; to make something of himself. He would rise above the beginnings he'd had forced upon himself by his motehr and her family. He would stand on his own two feet wit ha career and a family of his own. This was anotehr step towards that, and he knew Chalcantite would be proud of him, as would Melody, they were his family now and they would be proud of him. His court, those that he knew, would be proud of him as well.

"I don't know what's unique about them...though I've heard they are dangerous." He said slowly, eyeing the things with caution in his teal eyes. "Some people in class were talking about them, even the professor joined in." Shrugging as he spoke, his hands still in his pockets.

As much as he worried, and didn't want to disturb the things, he joine din so the job could get done faster since his partner was determined in grabbing a few of the pods. "Let's grab a few, it might be best to have several, and make it fast incase anything happens." Because he'd heard some not nice stories abotu them in class, and he didn't want either of them being hurt. Reaching for one he pulled it from the tree with a bit of gentle force.

"I hope whoever is looking for them can tell us what they are."

Sara Draconia

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:45 pm
Nodding for a moment, he patted Melpomene on the head. "Good job, I can make something you like for dessert later. Maybe we can relax and watch a movie or something after." It would be a nice reward for their hard work and a break from all the studying for the weekend.

"I think if we are careful, it should be fine, they almost look like cocoa. They do not smell like cocoa, so I am unsure what they are." Reaching up he carefully grabbed another of the pods, flinching as a bit of the sap touched him. It burned his skin and he quickly tossed the thing into subspace before wiping his hand off with a pocket square he pulled from his subspace.

"Not a friendly plant it would seem." He showed the inflamed and swollen area on his hand to Melpomene. It wasn't too bad of a burn but it was bothersome.
Sleet Tempest Snape

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:35 pm
"I don't smell anything actually." And he had leaned in to tag a small sniff, just incase there was a smell from them. Absolutely nothing met his nose though. "Desert sounds good, though I have a feeling you'll enjoy it more than I will." As the other had more of a sweet tooth than he did, but he didn't mind that at all, he found it amusing to watch his partner suck down some sweets.

Just as he was gently prying a pod from the trees trunk his attention was drawn to the other. Watching as he seemed to be burnt? Burnt by the pod. "Some sort of protective fluid inside?" He guessed, maybe, didn't plants have those sorts of mechanisms in order to protect themselves and their seeds so they could continue on? It made some sense.

"We should get something on that when we get home, than food." Taking the others digit and inspecting it. "It doesn't look too bad but I don't like it either."

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:14 pm
Blushing a bit, he had been caught again. Now that he was cooking more often, he had been making a lot of sweets to snack on and would frequently eat more than he should. "Yes, let us head home now that we got what that sign requested. We can get out the medical kit just to make sure it is cleaned off properly. Then I can make dinner and dessert."

Smiling more as he came in close to Melpomene, he pecked him on the cheek and started the short walk home.

Sleet Tempest Snape
Fin

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces