Welcome to Gaia! ::

World Wrestling Federation Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest active wrestling federation on Gaia Online 

Tags: Wrestling, Roleplay, Roleplaying, Community, Wrestlemania 

Reply Community Events Archive (2022 - 2024)
Grace Fatsumoto [Post show segment] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:43 am
Grace was alone in the locker room, so she thought. She was sitting on a folding chair hunched over and trembling. One would be forgiven for assuming her trembles were a result of pain, especially after the match she managed to walk away from; that would be the wrong assumption. Grace was hurting, who wouldn’t be, but she had been trained by the women of AJPW and they did not hold back. She’d long since developed the ability to compartmentalize pain and exist with it, rather than despite it. She was not accustomed to losing however.

She leaned over her knees, a cold wet towel was draped over her head and shoulders, and she shook with silent tears. She was mourning the loss of a dream. It wasn’t an important dream, not one that defined her, but what rookie didn’t run through wild fantasies of coming out for their debut and emerging victorious. She’d played that moment over in her head, especially for the previous few weeks as this night drew closer. Losing hurt, and it wasn’t until after she had returned to the locker room that she realized just how much she was putting into that childish dream. She may have stayed there in the dark for the rest of the night, falling into the trappings of self pity, but the sound of movement caught her attention.

Grace sat bolt upright when she registered the sound and what it meant. The towel covering her head fell away as she started frantically wiping the tears away. It wouldn’t do for any of the other wrestlers, Ewing especially, to walk in and catch her crying. She cleared her face away, hoping that any remaining moisture would just look like sweat. Grace turned to face the intrusion on her misery. The perfunctory smile she quickly put on faded just as fast as she found herself face to face with…

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:58 am
Ramona Tyler stepped into the locker room and moved close to Grace. She lowered herself down in front of Grace, canting her head to the side as Rex Kobra stepped in as well. Rex stood and crossed his arms in front of his chest as he watched his sister study the other woman. Ramona pulled off her aviators and let down the hood on her vest so that her piercing green eyes could look into those of the other woman. Ramona saw something. She had seen the match. This Grace was a spectacular specimen. But could she really be a decent part of the family. Ramona reached out slowly and gave what she thought was a reassuring pat on the shoulder before standing up and moving over to stand in front of Rex.

They stood, staring at each other for a moment. Communicating in only a way that they could. Then Ramona moved so that she could sit next to Grace while Rex moved in front of her and lowered himself to look into her eyes.

"My sister sees something in you. She tells me that you could be a good addition. That you could benefit from having us around. She wants me to take you under my wing just as I did to her. And I will be honest, Grace, after that show out there tonight, I am inclined to agree. You have heart and just because this dream of yours didn't exactly go the way you planned doesn't mean you have to be waylaid. We can help you soar higher than you ever thought."

Ramona put a hand on her shoulder and looked over at her brother again who smiled a devious grin.

"And she says that she thinks you can be the best of friends if you want."

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:07 pm
Ramona's cool face was not what she had been expecting, and somehow the silence felt fitting. There seemed to be something more about this woman's gaze. She was vaguely aware of Ramona and her brother, but she had been so focused on her own career over the last few months that she hadn't kept up with the current roster. She knew enough not to be surprised when Rex stepped in. The pair shared a glance that spoke volumes, despite the silence between them.

Grace drank in Rex's words. She found the comfort welcoming, and the acknowledgement of her match helped to melt away the misery of defeat. That is what she came for after all, to work the most dazzling matches. she wiped away a stray tear and sighed deeply, remembering who she was

"Thank you, really. I needed that."

She hesitated for a moment then, looking between the two of them. Her face split into a smile and she held her hand out towards Ramona.

"I'm Grace! It's nice to meet you."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:38 pm
Ramona looked at Grace's hand and then back at her face. Ramona hesitated for just a moment before reaching out and shaking it. She looked from Grace to her brother and back. Ramona opened her mouth to say something but just looked back to her brother. Rex simply gave a nod in response to the cold stare that his sibling gave him. He nodded for a moment before raising a hand as if to silence her even though not a sound passed through her lips.

"I'm Rex and this is my little sister Ramona. Due to recent events, my poor sister has been rendered mute. My beloved sibling is cleared for all ring work but alas speaking is not in the foreseeable future. But don't you worry, she makes herself well known to me and she has had an idea."

Rex stood and started to pace the room with his hands clasped behind his back. As Rex moved, Ramona scooted a bit closer.

"She wants you to be under my wing. She wants you to join my happy Family and learn how to be great. So, in your next match, why don't we come out to support you. And you can feel all the light and warmth and victory that being in my tutelage can provide. You can fly high and finally reach that glorious dream that you have been reaching for. You don't need to hide in the dark of the locker room and mourn it. That dream of being a star, being the greatest, of having everybody chant your name is not dead. You just have to ask for it. You just have to accept our help."

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:54 am
Grace's eyes glazed over as she envisioned herself victorious over her next opponent. His wordcraft was smooth and silky, and took her out of her grief. The rapid departure from negative emotions felt like stepping into the light, and blew away any red flags that their approach should have brought up. She smiled and looked between the pair.

"Well that sounds like a very friendly offer..." She hesitated for a moment, "I could always use a friend. I wasn't planning on joining up with anyone though. I've got mentors that have all been so excited to see me here. I don't want to disappoint them, they helped me work on my gimmick and my outfit and everything."

Her hesitation seemed less out of unease of Rex's offer, and more out of loyalty to the women of AJPW. It was clear she had other people on her mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:13 am
Rex smiled despite the apparent rejection. He took a seat on the other side of Grace so that she was situated between the two siblings. He looked ahead and as he started to speak, his gaze moved to her slowly. A cool motion that he tried to make look as smooth and as calm as he could.

"There are no hard feelings about your hesitation, Grace. I can appreciate loyalty. Those other women did right by you and you want to do right by them. Such honor is hard to find these days. It is a glorious thing. And to show that I have no ill will toward you..."

Rex paused and leaned forward. His sister did as well and the pair met eyes for a moment before they straightened up and focused their attention back on Grace.

"Yes. My sister thinks that as a sign of friendship and to show you that there is no real disappointment on our end, that maybe in your next match, she accompanies you to ringside to show you some moral support. Or, if you wish, you could have yourselves a friendly match. Just a friendly little thing to test each other's abilities. What do you say, Grace?"

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:56 pm
Rex's offer was very intriguing to Grace. This night was not only her first official match, but it was the first time she was wrestling someone in the ring, that didn't have other mentors, or wrestlers outside the apron to offer advice. The thought of having Ramona in her corner was comforting, and she paused to think about it for a long time. Of course if she knew who she would be wrestling against at the next show she could prepare, but maybe knowing she had a friend in her corner would make her next match feel like the good ol' days in Japan. She was just about to answer when the door to the locker room opened again...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:56 pm
If the temperature had been cold before, it became down right icy as a hooded Erynys slowly made his way into the room, his eyes crudely bandaged from the post match attack. He slowly made his way to where Grace was sitting and he sat down cross legged in front of her all the while ignoring the Kobra siblings.  

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:08 pm
Rex smiled as Erynys walked in. The siblings eyed him for a moment before they looked back to Grace. Ramona wrapped an arm around Grace's shoulder as Rex leaned forward and gestured toward the newcomer to the locker room.

"Grace, this is Erynys. He and I had a match earlier. Now, I was not able to get the pin but thanks to my sister and my extended family, I was the one that was walking away. And that's what is most important. Any fight that you can walk away from is a victory. We had our playtime already, Erynys. You can have another turn another night."

Ramona held tightly with her arm around Grace's shoulder. As if she were trying to protect Grace from Erynys's presence. A slight smile hung on Ramona's face, but there was a hunter's focus in her eyes as they stared at her brother's opponent from earlier.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:24 pm
Grace smiled awkwardly at Erynys as he strolled into the locker room and sat before her. She wasn't familiar with this man either, and was starting to feel embarrassed, realizing she should have made an effort to learn the roster. She was aware of how forcefully Ramona was holding onto her, but if this man had been attacked by Rex and his sister, she understood Ramona's anxiety.

The fact that Rex brazenly admitted to attacking Erynys after the match hadn't gone unnoticed. She was starting to understand what kind of help he was offering, but his words on walking away struck her. She had managed to walk away from her match, although she had been in a dazed auto-pilot for that and only really became aware of her surroundings once she reached the gorilla pit. His silky words resonated with Grace and allowed her to find the pride in her match that she hadn't yet come across herself, all but erasing her concerns over Rex's actions after his own match. She couldn't overlook the challenge though.

"No I don't think that's why he's here at all. I'm Grace," she said extending her hand to him, "Grace Fatsumoto."

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

sha312

Wheezing Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:39 pm
He simply ignored Rex and he kept his gaze locked on Grace. A shadow of a small smile crossed his face as he accepted the handshake. "As my 'colleague' so adequately stated, I'm Erynys... Erynys Reich. And I welcome you to WWF.G."

He took a small breath before he addressed her. "I must say Miss Grace, that was one hell of a debut match. I understand that you came up slightly short, however it is not always about victory or defeat, but rather the impact you make and by the sights and sounds of it, you've made quite the impact your first match here. An instant classic for sure."

He leaned closer to her. "Surely in the fog of battle, you heard them did you not? The cheers and adulation from the crowd. You earned something tonight Miss Grace...something all on your own, with no assistance from snakes, but from your own blood, sweat and tears. Something priceless. Respect  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:10 pm
Rex smiled. It was a dangerous, dark thing. It took all that he had not to lunge and attack Erynys. He wanted to beat him and leave him broken and beaten like he was after the match had ended. But instead, he just sat. He had to be on his best behavior. He smiled through the rage.

"Yes. Respect is priceless, Mr. Reich. And she has earned it in spades. And certainly up until now without my help. But she has had help. Mentors. Friends. Sparring partners. A pretty little nest of people to swoop in and catch her if she started to fall out of the nest. She took so well to the air because she had people to teach her to fly. All I want is to help her get to new heights. Everybody needs a friend in this business."

Rex stood and stared down at the other man. He looked back over to his sister before focusing on Erynys again.

"Maybe if you had a friend backing you up in your corner, you wouldn't have been caught unguard by my extended family. Maybe you would have been the one to walk away from the fight. Do not try to tempt my sister's new friend to the lonely world of isolation and ruin that you found yourself in tonight."

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:29 pm
Grace's eyes welled up with moisture at Erynys' compliments. They filled her with pride and a sense of accomplishment. As those feelings grew, she became more aware of Ramona's presence on her shoulder. To Grace it seemed as if that arm was growing heavier. Then Rex began to speak. He was right, she had always had people to rely on, people that pushed her to keep going, people that caught her when she fell and showed her how to be better. Tonight she didn't have that, and she lost. Maybe he was right, and while she still felt the warmth of pride, a new doubt seeped into her mind, and Ramona's arm felt more comfortable again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:49 pm
A dark laugh escaped his lips. "Oh Herr Rex. For someone who sees so much, you miss a lot. While I often choose to work alone, it doesn't mean that I don't have allies. I just prefer to tackle my issues head on when I can. And true Miss Grace has benefited from help in the past. And look at the results. Quick and deadly with a warrior's conviction and accurate. Especially that feint from the uppercut to that kick after you removed your shoes. Masterfully done."

He surveyed the pair calmly before he returned his attention back to Grace. "I've been around a lot and I've seen many people come and go, but you show promise, you show heart, you show a thirst to prove yourself. You are proud of your abilities as well you should be, but you are also humble. Rex is right in one aspect, your dream is not dead, it is more alive than ever and you've earned my respect. And if you should wish for further help in reaching your next level, I would be honored to help. I've been where you have. I know what you are going through. This is but a small set back that you will fly over. After all you were meant to fly, than crawl on your belly."  

sha312

Wheezing Genius

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:15 pm
Ramona kept her arm on Grace but as Erynys kept speaking, her grip was less protective and more possessive. Rex looked over his shoulder at her as if she had just said something. He looked back to Erynys and shook his head. Ramona wanted him to punish Erynys some more. but he couldn't. He had to continue to impress Grace with his civility. Going monstrous so soon would not be beneficial to him or her. He turned to face Grace, folding his hands behind his back and smiling at her.

"So, Miss Grace, have you decided what gift of friendship that you would like to receive from me and my sister? Just say the word and I will make certain that you two have a match next week. A friendly one on one to test each other's abilities. Make sure that both of you get a chance to make an impact in that ring. Or she could simply be in your corner, your friend to cheer you on..."

Rex hesitated and looked over at his sister.

"In a manner of speaking that is."

Community Events Archive (2022 - 2024)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces