Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[r] echoes of youma {Chalcanthite x Siegenite} Fin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:22 am
Today was a new day and something exciting was about to occur, someone was actually coming to his office for a chat. It didn't take Chalcanthite long to get the crystals scattered on his desk shoved off into the drawer. He was careful about it but wanted to ensure that his main research project was still mostly under wraps until some of the other kinks had been worked out and he got to do some field testing. Pulling his phone out from subspace, he looked at a photo Melody had taken of him and Liam. It helped keep him focused and grounded even though things were still very stressful between both his jobs and his personal life. It was something that drove him forward as well, which was something he very much needed after wandering almost aimlessly in the rift with his thoughts as his only company. After a moment more he tucked his phone away into subspace and began to focus on the task at hand.

"Ok... time to prep the materials required." He muttered mostly to himself as he reached down to one of the lower drawers to pull out a large sketchbook he had turned into a makeshift bestiary of the youma he had seen over the last decade. Each page had various sketches he had done as well as a brief description of their usual behaviors towards agents as well as their normal haunts. It was a massive undertaking he had started even before he was an agent, something he found interesting when youma had invaded a convention he had been attending. Even now he quite liked them, especially his own personal youma.

He would bring Voce in if needed to explain some of the more interesting things even feral youma could do. Over the years his Voce had learned quite the vocabulary and with their bond strengthened by their frequent contact, they were now able to follow some more complex orders like finding specific people or using specific voices to lure others in or misdirect them. Both of those things were useful to his less confrontational approach to his duties in the Negaverse.

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:43 pm
when Siegenite went into something, he liked to go in with a plan, and with the backing of expert knowledge. Currently, he planned to go into finally getting a youma partner; they were, as he understood, immensely useful as companions and partners in battle and out of it, and if he wanted to take his duties as an officer seriously, he ought to get himself one.

And, as he'd come to understand, General Chalcanthite had a particular interest in them. There were others, certainly--none would dispute that General-King Faustite was an expert in the Rift and its machinations--but while both of them were unknowns to Siegenite, it was easier to approach the one that was just a little closer to his own level.

So he'd sent a message to Chalcanthite, asking to meet, and at the appointed time, he arrived at the General's office. A polite knock on the door announced his presence, and he spoke up as well, just to prevent any ambiguity.

"General Chalcanthite? Captain Siegenite, here for our meeting."

Sara Draconia

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:07 pm
With a bit more focus, he called upon his youma just before his guest arrived. Voce sat on their perch just near the edge of Chalcanthite's guest and began to preen themself. They were large than the average raven but for the most part, looked normal when they had their wings all tucked in. The edges of their feathers had wispy blue mineral deposits much like their General's namesake mineral. Over the years Voce had grown more accepting of being touched by Chalcanthite to the point that now they looked forward to it.

"Come in captain."

"Come in." Came a mimicry of Benitoite from Voce as they accepted soft patting from Chalcanthite.

Chalcanthite smiled as the Siegenite made their way into the office. "Hope you were able to find my office easily. I know I am a bit tucked back in here given my research." It was easier to get away with the alien sounds that came from his resonating crystals. His own flute tended to stop those passing within its range as soon as they heard it.

Voce tilted their head and watched the newcomer with its three eyes, making quiet sounds of curiosity at the fact someone had entered this space that wasn't Chalcanthite.
Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:28 pm
Siegenite had to admit, there was something surprising about seeing a youma so casually perched in Chalcanthite's office. Then again, he hadn't interacted with his superiors much; perhaps it was just expected that their youma would be around and present. In any case, this one seemed quite tame, and there was no reason to be concerned.

"No trouble at all, General," he said. He nodded to Voce, curious. "Is that your youma, sir? What are they capable of?"

Probably the answer to his first question was obvious; if it weren't Chalcanthite's, why would it be in his office. But the second seemed pertinent, at the very least.

Sara Draconia

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:41 pm
"Ah yes this is Voce, they have been my youma for over five years now. They are a good scout as well as a nice conversationalist. Over the years they have gathered snippets of voices and conversations that they can use to lure and distract people. Although at times it can be a bit unsettling as some of the voices he has borrowed are from those who are no longer alive." It bothered him less now that he knew it was just part of the grand vocabulary they had and not actually his past haunting him.

"Search, find, and bring back the target. Over and out General."

Chalcanthite offered more head scritches to the youma as a reward before motioning for Siegenite to have a seat. They accepted them before returning to preening the wispy protrusions on the edge of their wings.

"I have been interested in youma before I was part of chaos, I have been documenting them for about a decade now. I find them both interesting and useful. The sketchbook here on the table has a guide of sorts for the ones I have seen in my explorations in the Rift. There are many types that roam, one for every type of individual I am sure. I am of a less confrontational sort, I prefer to hang back or use diplomacy so Voce compliments that well. What are your goals when it comes to a youma, some treat them as tools and others more as companions so there is always a bit of wiggle room for compatibility."

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:47 pm
Siegenite frowned, and nodded. "I imagine that hearing the voices of the dead can be rather startling." What would he do, if magic or science made him suddenly hear Aderyn's voice again? How might he feel, to have his little sister resurrected out of the blue, even if it was just for a moment?

More than a little disconcerting, as a thought.

He took his seat, and considered.

"I would like a companion in fights. Ideally, if it were a youma able to assist others as well as myself, that would be excellent. My partners....neither of them are particularly good fighters, and I'd like an extra set of eyes watching their backs. So, something combat focused, I would say."

Sara Draconia

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:03 pm
"I see, so probably something on the larger side or at least a youma that has some density to it to either attack or defend with. If I remember correctly, I believe the General who brought me in had a wolf or something of the sort. It has been a long while so I apologize if that is less than useful. I do commend you for looking out for your partners though, it is something that I feel is important. In a way, I have been working on things to help those who are on the weaker end of the spectrum still have a chance at forming a bond with a youma to hopefully provide a well-needed boost of strength and confidence."

He had been working on things more and more as of late and would hopefully be prepared to test his theories in the coming months with Benitoite's help.

Circling back to the prior topic though, he frowned for a moment and thought about things. "Yes, it was startling, especially given the stolen words were not kind ones. But now that I am a bit more aware of Voce's vocabulary it is easier to cope with. That is a bit of a double-edged sword that they have, I never know exactly whose voice I will hear when I prompt for a response."

After a moment more, he opened up the book on the desk to a few of the bulkier youma. "I have seen some roaming in almost a pack formation past one of my usual haunts. That could work maybe? I believe they are a bit more on the combative side but if one was separated from the group it would not be as hard to obtain one."

Noir Songbird

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:29 pm
Siegenite nodfded. "A wolf-type youma sounds excellent," he said. Something that could bite and claw, and hopefully defend the people he cared about. And if they took well to his youma, perhaps he'd be able to persuade Romanite or Orthoclase to get their own.

He nodded, slowly, as Chalcanthite explained the downsides to his youma's ability. Ugh, to be haunted by the voices of those he'd rather leave behind--not exactly ideal. A mimic wouldn't serve him well for plenty of reasons, but that seemed a compelling one for why he might want to avoid that particular variety.

But he examined the page, and nodded, and smiled. "Yes. I think that would do nicely."

Sara Draconia

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:02 am
“Good good, I can help more in the field if needed when it comes that time as well. Even if you do not really need it, I always recommend going into the Rift with at least one other agent if not more just to be on the safe side.” He had made that mistake in the past, leaving the other behind in the Rift to whatever fate had left for them.

“Do keep on touch after the fact as well. I keep various records of things if you ever have some other questions regarding youma or even locations in the Rift.” With that he sat back in his chair and looked over at Voce, who had tucked their head beneath their wing in a resting position.

Now would be the time to plan and see if fate would work out for the better of this Captain. Not every youma was as easily swayed or tamed, sometimes the could overtake an agent and change them forever. Those black feathers and sickly tar flickered in the back of his mind as he thought. He would do his best to try and prevent that from happening to others if he could.
Noir Songbird
Fin

Negaspace & The Rift

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces