Posting Images/GIFs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ClaustrophobicCl0set

Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:11 pm
Image Host Websites
- Images/GIFs come from your computer
- Upload file to site, copy image URL from there to post onto forums

Sites:

- IMGUR [x] *no account needed
Quote:
1. Click "New Post" (no account needed, but adblock has to be turned off)
2. Upload image file from computer or paste the URL if its from the internet somewhere
3. Click the three little dots and select "get share links", then copy the one listed as 'BBCode (Forums)"
4. Paste this code into the forums as is (theyve already given you the coding) and you'll have a working image.

- Discord [x] *account needed
Quote:
1. [Assuming you have an account], in a friends(with permission)/alt accounts chat, upload desired image or gif with the plus symbol.
2. Click on the image, and select the bottom link that says "Open in Browser"
3. Copy the URL, either the top bar one or by right-clicking on your mouse and copying the image URL (in this case they are the same).
4. In the forums, paste this URL between two [I M G] [/I M G] brackets (without the spaces) and you will have your image.

- Tumblr [x] *account needed
Quote:
1. [Assuming you have an account], create a post and upload your image there.
2. Right click on the image, copy the image URL.
3. In the forums, paste this URL between two [I M G] [/I M G] brackets (without the spaces) and you will have your image.

ClaustrophobicCl0set

Captain

ClaustrophobicCl0set

Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:25 pm
Images from the Web
- Sites are already image hosts, no need to upload anything
- Copying the URL directly from the image you want to post in the forums

Sites

- Pinterest [x] *pictures and gifs
Quote:
1. Search for the character you want, a selection of pictures and gifs may appear (you can also search specifically for GIFs if you want)
2. Right click the desired image, copy the image address
3. In the forums, paste this between [I M G] [/I M G] brackets without the spaces.

- Tenor [x] *gifs
Quote:
1. Search for the character you want by name (if youre having trouble finding the right show, add naruto to the search)
2. Select desired image and right click the enlarged version, copy the image address
3. In the forums, paste this between [I M G] [/I M G] brackets without the spaces.

- Google Images *Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't depending on image location
Quote:
1. Search for the character you want by name (if youre having trouble finding the right show, add naruto to the search)
2. Select desired image and right click the enlarged version, copy the image address

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:33 pm
Resizing Images
- Sometimes its not easy to tell the image youre copying from another website is too big for the forums, or its incredibly small and hard to see.

To Resize:
1. Create the image coding for your picture, [I M G]url here[/ I M G]
2. In the first bracket, add "= # # #" - You can resize almost infinitely, but the best sizes for the fights are in the size range of 100-400, with 400 being the largest you'll want to use depending on your image.
note: you dont need to make all images 400 for the best quality, its dependent on the image itself and can take a couple of tries to find the best size for posting.

Examples:

Image w/o Size Codes
User Image

100 [i m g= 100] [/i m g]
User Image

200 [i m g= 200] [/i m g]
User Image

300 [i m g= 300] [/i m g]
User Image

400 [i m g= 400] [/i m g]
User Image

- You can also go half steps

250 [i m g= 250] [/i m g]
User Image

This case 250 seems to be an appropriate size for this picture, but always make sure to double check that your post isn't being stretched by an image after you post. It may look alright in "preview" but then still be too large or too small when in the forums.  

ClaustrophobicCl0set

Captain

Claus' Item Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces