Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP - E] More Than One Way to Catch a Fish [PxJ] (Done)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitors
  +1
View Results

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The wretched wind whistling through her lofty domain had shifted and brought a most unwelcome stench into her cave. Perhaps she should be thankful that it didn't occur often, but when it did, it was rancid enough to make her want to put a permanent end to the source. Alas, her paranoia made that impossible; she felt that she'd be cursed if she killed her twin, so Permafrost was forced to suffer through it. In an attempt to break free of the foul odor and wait for it to dissipate, she'd wandered down the mountain to the lake's edge. Her slave had started to whimper pathetically but dared not to say a thing. She cursed the need to feed the darn thing and was mulling over if she should just dispose of it and wait for a fresh offering.

Word Count: 139  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:39 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a long journey for the bear shifter, his usual territory being far to the east. He often traveled of late, a restlessness brought upon by the ever present mist in his usual domain from the waterfalls that surrounded his and his brothers living area. He liked the mist well enough for it enshrouded his actions from the outside world and the roaring of the waterfalls hid the screams of his victims but at times he just wanted to be on the move. Stretch his muscles and walk. The big bear shifter was currently trundling along a lake edge when a splash from the water caught his eye. The great head turned to see fish milling about in the shallows near the edge, eating on something partially submerged. His eyes studied the object and saw it was a small doe with a broken leg that had died half in and half out of the water. He snorted, now bored with the studied object, but his rumbling stomach cut the thoughts in half. A slight huff of annoyance split his lips before he carefully strode into the shallows and started catching fish to fill the empty cavern of his gut.

Word Count: 201  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:40 pm
Permafrost was near where the lake was joined by the river when she heard an annoyed huff and turned her head. The wonderful property of water carrying sound came in handy, for far enough from her for her to feel not threatened was another Shifter. A soundless snarl of annoyance disrupted her otherwise cold demeanor. The audacity... What the hell is this interloper doing in my territory? Not that I need any of these disgusting fish for myself, but it'd be a nuisance if my slave were to die on me. The snarl turned into a sneer... Let's see how long it takes that brute to notice I'm here. Maybe he'll have more brains than my pathetic excuse of a twin. Repositioning herself to stare him down, Permafrost waited for Jiayi to notice his surroundings. Distracted by that doe... bleh. So that's where the stupid thing ended up. Last she'd seen, it had tried to escape her by jumping the river further upstream and misjudged the gap... the rapids had snatched it away before she'd the chance to snag its corpse.

Word Count: 181  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:08 pm
User Image

He knew she was there. The piercing gaze that threatened to cleave him in two at his audacity to be anywhere near her was palpable in the slightly chilled air surrounding the lake. Lowering his great head once more, his powerful jaws snapped around the body of a trout and lifted the squirming fish out of the water, its struggles against him feeble and barely noticed. Teeth gnashed down and bit the fish into three parts. Its head and tail falling back into the water startling the other fish away. 'Hmph...' He thought before finishing his mouthful and finally turning to address the posturing female. "No need to stare holes in my pelt girl. You don't scare me in the least." He showed his yellowed, blood stained fangs to her. Not threatening, but not smiling either. He chose to instead watch and see what she'd do next.

Word Count: 147  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:05 pm
Interesting... Is that supposed to impress or intimidate me? Permafrost let out a derisive snort. "I'm impressed you appear to be more civilized than most Shifters I've encountered. The majority are crude, crass, or mangy curs." Came her frigid reply, her gaze unrelenting while maintaining her stance. She hadn't gotten this far in life by rushing into things; a cold, cruel, calculating mind was key when dealing with others of her kind. The common rabble could be easily intimidated, for the most part. Inwardly she cruelly smiled, remembering how she'd established herself as something to be feared with the herd who dwelt near the base of her mountain. If he amuses me enough, I might be inclined to ignore his intrusion and dispose of the stupid thing. Would certainly spare the annoyance of trying to keep it alive.

Word Count: 138  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:38 pm
User Image

He pondered her words for a moment under her studying intense gaze before responding, "Well a good majority of us are naught but bloodthirsty beasts with very little in the way of brains or cunning. A small few stand out among those I've met but the number is minimal..." He thought back to the strange fluffy tailed cat shifter, the green and black fox shifter, and the fluffy belled bear shifter he'd met over his time traveling and decided that those were the only ones who met his form of approval. "Tell me girl are you one of the smart ones? Not apt to throw yourself into combat to prove your worth." He studied both her and her surroundings with cold calculating eyes that gave away nothing that could be used against him while ears flicked this way and that keeping track of any noises in the vicinity.

Word Counter: 148  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:31 pm
She was irrationally pleased that the other Shifter seemed to be of the civilized sort. Why this pleased her she couldn't fathom, and it irked her mildly. A pity he's not some stupid brute... those I could potentially entrap and add to my collection, provided the pathetic slave hasn't died yet. Permafrost thought, sighing inwardly before coldly replying to his query. "I see no point in proving myself to some miserable little pissants who cross my path. Waste of time and energy that could be spent elsewhere." Upon closer inspection, she had an intriguing thought cross her mind. If he is indeed worthy... there is potential here... Let's put it to the test. She broke out in a cruel grin. "Tell me, how fast can that lumbering hulk of yours move?" She teased, then inwardly kicked herself. What is WRONG with me today? "I suggest you hurry up and leave, before my brainless twin eventually emerges from the cesspool he calls a den." Jiayi's good looks, and brains, were the only reason why she spared him the warning.

Word Count: 178  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:45 pm
User Image

While he had no way to tell the other shifter was pleased with him, he was just as pleased with her reply. He liked the tough ones that didn't meekly submit just because of his sheer bulk. He bared those yellowed fangs again this time in a rough smile, something he didn't do often so it might of come out as a snarl if one didn't know how to read him. His ear flicked to remove a fly before he finally deigned to answer her.
"I think you know I'm not about to answer that query. You don't give away your secrets so why should I?" A rough chuckle fell from his lips and under the thick hide he felt his muscles tense for when she decided to move. He was expecting an attack after all, especially when she mentioned her twin. "Oh my a brainless twin. How very scary." He said flatly with no hint of emotion in his deep voice, followed up with an unimpressed slow blink at her. Fear someone who's own twin just called them brainless? That was almost worth laughing at. Almost...

Word Count: 187  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:15 pm
Permafrost's feral grin at his reply turned into an unamused snort. "His putrescent presence assaulting your nostrils is horrifying indeed, I assure you." The fish that had scattered were slowly returning, one being so bold as to n** at her fur surrounding her saucer-sized paws. Better snatch one up now and go; I don't like the way this might end up and I'd rather be on my own turf where I have the upper paw in this encounter. Without warning, her paw lashed out and slapped a hefty fish onto the banks. "Stay or go, I could care less. My collection has been left unguarded for far too long." Lumbering out of the shallows after the fish, she no longer paid the larger bear any attention as she picked up the fish in her jaws and began to rapidly lumber off toward her mountain. A paltry catch, but it would have to sustain the simpleton until either it perished or she was able to return to the lake's edge once more.

Word Count: 171
Total Personal Word Count: 797

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:18 pm
User Image

He grunted and felt his face fall back into its schooled unemotional state as she ignored him, caught a fish, and started off back to wherever she came from. 'Hmph...' He thought angrily. Looking back out over the lake he spotted a storm on the horizon. Rain likely, and a cold one at that being so near the mountains. His ears pinned back to his head as he watched the fish splash in the water once again feasting on the rotting remains of the dead doe.
He raised a paw and slapped the water, startling most, and stunning a few fish that floated to the top belly up. He snatched one out of the water with his mouth and batted the other stunned one up onto the shore where he stepped on its head to end it's pathetic life. Carefully placing the one near the dead one on land he then picked them both up in his big jaws, teeth digging in and drawing blood. After he was sure they wouldn't slip from his mouth he inhaled deeply and caught the scent of the female shifter and trundled off after her. Maybe he could tempt her with the fish to let him stay awhile...

Word Count: 204
Total Personal Word Count: 887  

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out