Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Deep Space: Homeworld Exploration
[R] Into the Ice [Alcor x Eleonora x Rainier x Beira]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:38 am
They arrived just outside an ice-covered cave entrance. It wasn’t a particularly frigid day but there was light cloud cover and the sun’s warmth was heavily limited.

Snow covered the ground, and tall fir trees peppered the land around them.

There was some mercy in this transportation; they didn’t have to scale the cliffs to arrive at the cave entrance. Beira was almost immediately winded, and once they were all on solid ground, he felt like he’d just sprinted a mile and had lean forward and suck in a breath.

The corners of his vision were black and spotted. He didn’t think he was going to pass out but the sudden loss of energy from getting here took him by surprise.

But, they were here.

“Sorry, I just need a minute.”

And, if he was taking a minute, he might as well have made sure they could make use of it. He summoned the map from subspace and offered it to Rainier. She’d seen it before and he knew that her familiarity with it would save a few seconds to introduce herself to it. “I want to take the path to the right, I think.”

The map was detailed, and while there were a few symbols that looked like they were meant to be notable markers, only one could be found at the end of the path to the right. It had the least twists and turns, and there were a few other symbols that he hadn’t been able to decipher.

He didn’t know if they were traps or obstacles, but he wanted to make sure that they had as much information as he did.

He rested his hands on his knees once the map was out of his hand. “I think we should make a plan for if we get separated. If we lose contact, sending a message is ideal. But in a worst case scenario, you should be able to get back to Destiny City. If you have to leave, that’s okay. I’d rather you be safe. If something happens and we need to fall back, I’m fine with that. I want answers, but not at the cost of anyone’s safety. But if we’re going to get in…”

He glanced at Eleonora first. “...I brought some supplies to try and break through this ice. I didn’t know if you thought your magic might be a better option.”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:05 pm
“I- I’ll be honest,” Eleonora hesitated a moment as she watched her sister move to stand beside Beira where she watched in idle curiosity as Alcor opened her subspace pocket. From it, she pulled out a flower that looked similar to the ones they had collected a few winters ago and took to her homeworld.

Similar but not the same. This one was rose-like with a long stem and larger than the ones she remembered picking.

“I thought this was just an exploration, I wasn’t expecting to use my magic.” Her gaze drifted over to Rainier who was reviewing the map Beira had passed into her care. “I’m not opposed to trying through.” Eleonora quickly added. “Just- keep in mind, if this is actually a door and we just haven’t looked hard enough for the lever or something, you cannot be mad at me for melting it.”

A small smile tugged the corner of her lips when her sister shot her a glare that warned her to stop. “I kid. I kid.” She waved her hand dismissively. “Let me know when you’re ready for me to try my cone attack.” Until then, she planned to keep her hands warm inside the fur-trimmed sleeves.  

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:05 pm
Alcor shook her head and sighed before turning her attention back to Beira. “Here,” she offered him the Crystal Flower* she had picked from her homeworld on her last visit. “I’m not sure how much it will help.” While holding it she knew that it would increase his strength, speed, and hardiness; but what she wasn’t sure of was whether or not that last one translated into energy to help Beira recover from his fatigue more quickly.

“I think it might be worth trying unless you’d prefer a Cliff bar instead.” But that’d only stave off hunger which was kind of unrelated to his current situation.

Crystal Flower - A small, crystal flower. It can be found growing on homeworlds or wonders, in the cracks of Mirrorspace, or in the remains within the Dark Kingdom. The crystal flowers can look like any flowers found on Earth. The stem of the flower ends in a little point and to activate the magic, the character must p***k themselves with that point. Their blood will flow up the stem and the flower petals will turn a vibrant red color before glowing faintly. The crystal immediately imbues the character with double their normal strength, speed, and hardiness for the next twenty four hours. If the flower is used while powered, the abilities still carry on to the civilian side. Once the magic fades, the flower glow does as well. The flower does not have to be kept on the person for them to feel the magic’s bonus. The flower petals will remain blood red after use and the flower can be kept as a memento.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:06 pm
While Alcor tended to Beira, Rainier pulled the sketchbook and pen out of her own subspace pocket and began drawing a rudimentary copy of the path he had indicated as well as some of the offshoots and any important symbols. “I do think the path you picked makes the most sense.”

She paused a moment, her expression pensive as she tried to parse what some of these symbols might mean. “We won’t know until we get further in there, but I do wonder if at least one of these might indicate a drop in elevation.” A sudden cliff or a staircase to climb down, some kind of obstacle.

“The best thing I can suggest,” Rainier passed the original map back to Beira and handed the twins one of her hand-drawn ones to hold onto. “Is to proceed with caution as we approach these areas and asses our surroundings for any obvious dangers. I’m thinking we may end up having to rely on your magic for more than just the door.” She added with a glance over to the Senshi of Heat.

“If we get separated somehow, I assume each of you has your Senshi Cellphones and can communicate using those?” Acrucis had told her about them a long while ago but she wasn’t sure if those only worked in Destiny City or if they also worked out here. “If I somehow get separated, I’ll send a message out to each of you using my Signet Ring.” They wouldn’t be able to respond but she’d be able to inform them if she was staying to find a way back to them or would be returning to Destiny City if there was no safe path or she was injured.

She then turned to Beira to ask, “What are your thoughts?”

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:23 pm
At first, Beira was a little slow to answer. It wasn’t until Alcor had pased over the crystal flower, and he held it awkwardly in his hands. Maybe it was his own fatigue that made him fumble the flower and p***k himself, but it hardly even hurt. He hissed and recoiled, but just as the first drop of blood fell from his thumb, the flower colored a rich, red color and he suddenly felt so much energy coursing through him.

He didn’t know what that meant. He felt like he could do anything.

For a moment, he looked at the flower, and then up to Alcor. “What was that? I feel–actually, much better, thank you.”

Like he could take on the world.

Slowly, he stood, and brushed off his pants. He was mindful not to smear any blood on himself, but he looked at the glass wall to Eleonora and smiled. “If you melt a lever, that’s on me. I won’t even reach it if I can’t get through the ice, anyway, and I don’t have a blow torch. Let me move out of your way.”

He did so without delay, and next to Rainier.

“I’ve got my cell phone, you won’t have to worry about me. And I can contact all of you easily enough. As long as we have reception.”

He hoped the Mauvian magic was more reliable than Earth’s satellites.

“Everything you said sounds good to me, though. I appreciate it.”

This might have been his Wonder, but he wasn’t in this alone. He was glad to have the three of them there to help figure all of this out.

Shanyume

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:55 am
When Beira moved out of the way, Alcor also stepped aside. “Honestly, I found it on my homeworld about a month ago. My sister and I had brought frost flowers there from Destiny City a couple of winters ago and among them was that.”

It looked completely different from the rest and when she touched the flower, it was as if she suddenly knew it was magical so she had picked it figuring it would be useful to have later on. Turned out she was right as it appeared that Beira’s energy was mostly restored. “I’m happy it was able to help you.”  

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:55 am
Eleonora waited until everyone had moved to the side or behind her. “Don’t worry,” she rubbed her hands together eagerly; fingertips cold from the climate but she didn’t mind it- yet. “I got this part handled.” she glanced over her shoulder to flash her sister an almost excited smile before summoning her magic.

“Cone of heat.” She said as her hands began to take on a reddish hue.

Arms extended outward, Eleonora brought the heel of her palms together and from them, a blast of heat erupted outward. It felt like she had suddenly walked under the canopy outside of a fancy restaurant that had a heater overhead. A blessed feeling that fortunately didn’t burn the fur trim on the coat she had on.

She took a step back to increase the diameter of the circle until it was about three feet in diameter. “See, easy peasy!” About ten seconds passed before her magic had melted a hole through the wall, and for the last five, she worked to increase the entryway size so they could pass through more easily.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:56 am
“For the record,” Alcor stepped up to her twin’s side and nudged her with an elbow. “It was my idea to bring you along.” Granted it wasn’t without withholding minor details pertaining to the kind of world they’d be going to, but she knew Ele wouldn’t have objected if she’d told her anyway. Maybe grumbled a bit about ‘why does it always have to be cold places’. But she’d still go because it got her out of Destiny City on what was considered a mini vacation without having to pay for a flight or waste time traveling to get there.

“Before we go in, let me use my magic to re-freeze it so we don’t get our uniforms wet.” To their side, she saw Rainier nod her head approvingly and when her sisters’s magic had finished she summoned her own.

“Cone of Cold.” Similar to Eleonora’s magic, her own hands took on a bluish tint, and when she repeated the similar motion a cold gale as if a fan with AC had suddenly been turned on. She didn’t use the full-time allowed and stopped when everything appeared to be more solid.

“This should be good.”  

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:56 am
Rainier walked over to the entryway the twins had made and ran her gloved hand over to make sure there weren’t any sharp areas. At the top there were a few small icicles that had formed from the drippings which she knocked off with the edge of her weapon. With the light outside shining past her, she could see about thirty feet into the cave.

“Seems safe enough, no sudden drop-off.” Although this was Beira’s homeworld, she approached this as if she were clearing a building as part of her police training. That and it was in her nature to take the lead and not allow a civilian, powered or otherwise, to be put in harm's way if it could have been prevented. “I’ll go in first.” She looked to Beira for approval before stepping inside.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:02 pm
Beira seemed visibly refreshed, and though he didn’t entirely understand the magic behind it, he appreciated the burst of energy all the same. If that was the sort of thing she could find on his homeworld…

He wondered if there were things hidden here, too.

In the span of a split second, a painful flash of a gravestone sliced through his mind and he raised a hand to massage his temple.

Now wasn’t the time for such thoughts. They were here with a goal.

It was hard not to be impressed by Eleonora, and he knew that her being here was a great boon. If he’d had to go at that wall with an ice pick or something, he’d have been here for an hour at least. “Wow. You took care of that like it was nothing. That was amazing,” he said–and genuinely meant it. The burst of warmth had been more than welcome, too. While he wasn’t as enthusiastic about Alcor’s cold–Beira was cold enough already–he was grateful for her forethought. Being wet and cold would be even more uncomfortable.

“Thank you,” he said sincerely. “You two make a really good team.” He nodded to Rainier and her weapon as well. “I think I would have been a lot less prepared without the three of you.” Rainier had experience far unlike his own, and he probably would have been a bit less cautious if he’d just been doing this on his own.

Probably would have been exhausted from chiseling away at the ice, too.

“Go ahead. We’ll be right behind you.”

Shanyume

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:07 pm
“It helps that you brought me here previously.” It provided them time to survey the area, and anticipate possible dangers since the entrance was kind of hidden. “I’m glad we didn’t try to brute force our way in here though,” Rainier admitted as she stepped over the raised icy threshold.

Although the map gave hints as to what they could expect once inside, at least the approximate size of it, she couldn’t help but still wish that she had access to a drone so that they could fly in there for reconnaissance. The cave had been undisturbed for so long, there’s no telling if there were weak points or cave-ins that wouldn’t be noted on the piece of parchment.

“Hopefully with you as our navigator, we’ll be able to find what that map leads to.” While there was still some sun filtering in, she took a moment to pull out flashlights and passed one to each of the senshi as they joined her inside the entrance.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:59 pm
Being the next closest to the entrance, Alcor should have been the first to follow after Rainier but instead, the Senshi of Cold held a hand out to her twin with an expression that suggested that waiting outside was not an option.

“I know- I know…” Eleonora rolled her eyes dramatically. Although guarding the door was a job she’d happily apply for, the chances of something coming in after them were slim to none; or so she assumed since they’d never found anything living on Alcor’s world when they visited and his world felt much the same.

“Next time though, please bring pants for me?” she put her hands together and smiled sweetly at Alcor as she passed between her and Beira. The coat and boots were great and all but her legs were about to get really cold in here. At least the fur-trimmed sleeves were large and fluffy enough to act like hand muffs to keep her fingers warm.

Eleonora accepted the offered flashlight with a small nod of thanks. “Hopefully I don’t run out of magic before we find whatever it is we’re looking for in here.” Ready to take on the challenge of removing obstacles in their path but she only had two more uses of her cone attack then three of her basic which was far less effective.

Best to remain optimistic though, this was an adventure after all!  

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:26 pm
A small laugh escaped her as Eleonora stepped through the hole they’d made. Alcor shook her head and sighed before turning her attention to Beira. “Contrary to her complaints I can promise that she’s happy to be here.”

“She’s voiced several times now how much she wants to visit other worlds but has only had the chance to see mine and a Pluto Knight’s wonder.” Alcor tried to reassure him since she knew her statement to be true. Eleonora could just be, well… dramatic when it came to cold places. Not even Destiny City was beyond reproach when the temperature dropped below 60.

“I genuinely doubt she’d put up a fuss if we needed to come back again.” Alcor was unsure to what scale the map was drawn or how far they could get in an evening, but they had plenty of time and would get as far as possible without rushing.

“After you,” she motioned for Beira to head on in next as she then followed in after him.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Deep Space: Homeworld Exploration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff