Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Dawn of the Second Day {Liam x Aloy} FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:22 pm
Aloysius woke up with a start and looked around half worried the other had left, things were still a bit fuzzy as to how much he had laid bare. At first, he didn’t see him and started to worry until he learned over the edge of the couch to roll himself off, seeing Liam dozed off on the floor next to the couch. He sighed with relief and laid back on the couch for a moment more, trying to sort out what had happened last night between throbs of pain in his head from dehydration. The fact was that Liam was chaos so there would be no secrets on that front. He was an orphan so no family that might be disgruntled about the whole situation, and he was willing to aid in the removal of all alcohol…. Crap cold turkey. That was something he had never done before and wasn’t sure if he had it in him mentally to do so yet. “He reached out for his glasses on the table before gently nudging Liam’s shoulder.

“Good morning… I am sorry for last night. Are you alright I did not mean to have you sleep on the floor but, I am glad you are still here. I am sad to say I was afraid you had left.” He sat with his long legs pulled up and his chin on his knees. “I do not think any of my clothes would fit you but if needed I can buy you anything you would like to wear. It is the least I can do for the inconvenience and if you wanted to leave anything here if you wanted to come over and enjoy music and tea when life gets hard for you as well.” He was embarrassed about being so forward about not wanting the other to leave but he had to try making new friends.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:35 pm
At some point Liam had slumped over the night before, too tired to keep sitting up, and had slowly fallen asleep. When he’d fallen right to the floor he didn’t know, he’d been asleep when it had happened, but that was how he’d round up on the floor sleeping in his clothing from the night before. Sleeping in jeans was not comfortable, it never would be, the wrinkling of fabric behind the knees and the tight constricting denim was uncomfortable.

Something woke him, slowly, from his sleep. Rolling, stretching uncomfortably, and yawning he relaxed back on the floor before opening his eyes. Taking note of the hard floor under his head he stared up at the other.

Blinking a few times, as he seemed to wake up, he heard what the other said but it did take several minutes to process. When Liam finally did respond he gave a slow nod of his head as he sat up. “It’s fine. I don’t know when I wound up on the floor sleeping. Yeah, I don’t think your clothing would fit me either.” Though he was sure he could power up and mirror walk right into his apartment and get himself some clean clothing. He also wasn’t up for it, he didn’t like the idea of powering up in a person's home. What if he was sensed and brought trouble to the others doorstep?

“You don’t need to buy me clothing, but if this is going to happen again I’ll have to leave some clothing here.” And Liam was certain it would, if he’d be helping the other overcome his drinking and handling his emotional needs. He’d wind up sleeping here, possibly on the floor again, in the future.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:35 pm
He nodded again but insisted. “Please let me do this at least because I know that I would like it if you could stay these next few days. I do not know how to approach going cold turkey on drinking. I would like it if I could keep smoking at least one thing at a time. I know that I will be almost useless today other than running out to the store given my headache. What do you normally wear? Jeans or slacks? I can have it delivered today if we order soon or have my sister drop something off after her classes are done before she heads back out to the edge of the city to her place. Though I would rather not have her see me like this given she’s the younger of us two.”

He made a real effort to get up and stumble to the fridge, opening it and making a groan of disgust seeing only liquor and a jug of orange juice remained after his bender the last few days. “I have water if you want something to drink or we can split the orange juice?”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:36 pm
For a moment it felt overwhelming, how much the other wanted to help, and all the words he was saying. Liam was having a bit of a time keeping up in fact, it really was a lot, and he still wasn’t entirely used to people offering him things so freely. He’d gotten experience thanks to the dark mirror court, and several of its members, but it was still a rare thing in his life. He’d worked for, and earned, nearly everything he’d ever gained. But after a few deep breaths, to calm himself and take in what was being said and asked, he nodded his head slowly.

“Yeah, jeans…I don’t like slacks so much.” It felt far less casual than he preferred. He didn’t have a reason to dress up in fine sorts of clothing. Maybe once he’d graduated from DCU and got himself a good job, something high end, he’d need to dress better but right now - no.

“A long sleeve shirt would work as well, it’s not warm enough for a tshirt.” Standing up, slowly, he followed behind the other, peeking over his shoulder. “Orange juice for now and while I toss out the alcohol you can order groceries for delivery. You’ll need more than orange juice to drink.” And the liquor was clearly off the table, it was going down the drain.

“I’ll write my sizes down so you can order some clothing also. It’ll keep your mind off what I’ll be dumping out.” And it would give him something to do and he was certain that feeling needed, and useful, was a good thing right now for the other. It would, he
figured, help and let him take care of someone as well.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:38 pm
That was a relief, he wasn’t prepared to witness what needed to be done still. He took the note with sizes and went to the small kitchen table a bit further away where he kept a Chromebook used exclusively for online ordering. He put in his normal food items from the saved cart he had from the local grocery store and added a few other things that were easy to cook with little effort that Liam might like. The clothing took a bit longer since he wasn’t sure what style but bought a few pairs of jeans and a few long-sleeved shirts for him in black and grey. The sound of pouring liquid made his stomach churn as he nursed his alcohol-free orange juice.

It was nice having company, his cat had been on a longer adventure than usual but she was an outdoor cat so it was to be expected sometimes. Staring at the pack of cigarettes on the table, contemplating lighting one, he decided against it for now until he had more in his system. He also didn’t know if the other would mind. “I ordered some things that should be here before the evening. I am sorry for taking up your time. Are you sure it is alright? You do not have work today, right? Either civilian or other I mean of course. Keeping quotas and income are both important.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:38 pm
Every so often he’d glance over towards the other, he knew this couldn’t be easy for the older male, Liam knew this needed to be done but he did worry. While the darker haired male worked on ordering things online he was busy pouring alcohol down the drain, and there was a lot, the bottles he had lined the counter top as he emptied them. He wasn’t going to throw them into the trash, he didn’t want to risk them breaking, but he’d be tossing them out after he’d finished this. Let the garbage men deal with this tomorrow morning.

“I don’t work today and if I did I could let my boss know, she’s one of my kind. We also don’t have quotas, it’s whatever we want. It’s to support mirrorspace so we have our own place to go. I know your side has something…and senshi have homeworlds - we don’t. We’re senshi but we don’t get to go to space or anything like that.” Shrugging as he spoke, it didn’t bother him really. He’d never thought of space, and a homeworld, as important. He had what he needed; family. He had the mirror court and that was all he needed.

“Mirrorspace can get…interesting at times so I assume it’s best if we keep giving it energy so it doesn’t try and kill us.” As it had done in the past. He’d heard and experienced mirrorspace and he’d like it to play nice with them all. Clinking one empty bottle to another, as he finished emptying another bottle, he set it down and continued on.

“I can say I don’t know much about the Negaverse and your faction though, so I didn’t know you had quotas to make.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:43 pm
Each clink filled him with guilt and worry and this was just the fridge and not what was hidden beneath the bed in his room. A dragon’s hoard of liquor laid hidden behind old photo boxes and books that he kept hidden from prying eyes. “It is always good to have a boss like that. I have been taking a sabbatical from teaching at the university to work on a large composition for next year’s recital. I believe I have about 2 more months before that ends but yes there are quotas. Though I collect from others to report in more than actual collecting nowadays. I have never witnessed that space but I know of the wraiths in a way due to one other I speak to frequently from the mirror side. I uh… can go start collecting the rest if you would like. I have much hidden in my room down here on this floor. I understand if you would want to make sure I grabbed it all” He stood up wearily and made his way to his room, beckoning the other to follow. The door was closed and locked with a key that he kept above the door. After it unlocked with a ka-chunk, he opened the door to reveal a barely decorated and barren room. It looked like an old hospital sick room with how dim and grungy it was compared to the immaculate condition of the rest of his house.

“I am sorry… for the appearance of how I live. It has become hard to leave my bed for days at a time almost.” Cigarette buts were crumbled and stacked in an ashtray on the floor below his cot. It smelled like a bar here even under the scent of many hanging air fresheners. He kneeled down first then laid on the floor to start pulling things from beneath his bed, his shirt rode up to reveal deep and pale scars and gashes that had been taken out of him decades before. “Here, I will start pulling them out for you.” He let his tears run down his face while the other couldn’t see underneath the bed. Bottle upon bottle rolled out or was pulled out from beneath the bed, all in different levels of empty. When it was done he just lay on the floor for a moment, exhausted and embarrassed about what was being revealed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:45 pm
Moving to follow he spoke calmly from behind the other. “I could always show you mirrorspace, though it’s not much. White walls and floors and hallways that go on seemingly forever with doors lining the hallways. It’s the mirrorscape where there is more, sort of. It’s like floating shards of mirror, one for each member, and we can grow things on them using crystals that crop up in mirrorspace. Different colors for different things. It’s not a lot but it’s what we have.” It wasn’t the same as space, and a whole planet or star, but it was something and it belonged to them and no one else. It wasn’t like it could be invaded, or so he figured, he doubted anyone else could push their way into a mirror.

Wrinkling his nose at the smell he took the time to glance around, while not moving past the door frame. “We’ll work on your room, was this always your bedroom or did you just move down here?” He questioned as he leaned against the doorframe casually, one ankle crossing the other.

Stepping into the room slowly, as bottles started to make an appearance, he went about moving them safely and grouping them up. He’d deal with them once they were all out and he could see them all. “It won’t be easy but you will recover from this.” He would and Liam would be there for him, for this, he didn’t know entirely why he was doing this but he was and he wasn’t going to just up and leave now. What had started as helping someone, who was very drunk, to leave the park and the danger it posed it had now become so much more. He didn’t know where this would lead or what would happen, he wasn’t even sure how to go about all of this, but he’d figure it out as things went on.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:45 pm
He took a moment to wipe his face and pull himself out from under the bed. “This has always been my room, the upstairs one is much grander but for guests. I never felt I needed to have more than this. I do thank you and if you need any of my help I can do my best if you would be alright with my aid. I would maybe be interested in the mirror space at some point but maybe after things are better and I get back to more regular duties. I still feel I need to repay you somehow for putting up with all this. This cannot be what you expected when you found me.”

He stood up and looked at Liam nervously a bit while holding some of the last few bottles in his arms. They were empty and bone dry but felt so very heavy to him. “Let us head back in there now.” He walked with the bottles back out to the kitchen watching over his shoulder carefully making sure the other would follow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:46 pm
“Why give the grander room to a guest? It’s not typically that way.” Not with normal families anyway, as far as he knew. And this room wasn’t even decorated really…it had really no personality to it. “You should have more than this, and you should decorate whichever bedroom is yours. This looks like just a room to sleep in and that’s it…it’s as bad as the orphanage where we shared rooms.” As there was very little personality to the place and nearly no decorating. It would be hard to do that for children who were in and out and also had various tastes in things. It was easier to just keep the place bland and neutral to keep the peace.

“No, it wasn’t what I expected or what I’d normally do. I’m not sure why, or even how, it got to this but I’m not upset with it either. When you’re ready I’ll show you mirror space. Might as well see where the other side of chaos dwells.” Gathering up some of the bottles he followed after the other.

“You don’t need to repay me. What you do need to do is get better though and allow for help.” he’d need it, there was no way he wouldn’t.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:46 pm
“I keep it locked so people do not see it because I want everything to look good in my house. I just cannot bring myself to have more than that for myself anymore. It is alright though it is more than enough for me but maybe in the future, I will reconsider. I rarely stay home when I am working on my research and my music. I will be there to help you if you need it in the future. I do apologize but is it ok if I smoke, I have not had the usual one I am used to already in the day and I can feel the tingling on my lips.” He reached for the pack again and held it defensively after dropping the bottles near the sink. “I can go outside if needed though I normally smoke in my room. I do not want to offend your nose with the odor this brand has and I have been smoking them far too long to switch.”

The house felt a bit better without the bottles calling to him, it was a glorious library of music and instruments but at the same time, it felt like a tomb of his own making or a gilded cage. He did walk around a bit and nervously started tidying up as well, knowing the groceries and clothes would be here any minute. “Ah, I forgot, if you need to shower or anything there is a separate one upstairs attached to the guest bathroom as well.” That would also be an excuse to have his moment to smoke.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:48 pm
“You should have more than that for yourself…but I understand the issue - I do. Not thinking yourself worthy of more, and holding others higher than yourself. We’ll work on that.” It would be one of the things which needed to be addressed, along with other things, but they’d deal with it as they went. It wasn’t planning to handle one thing at a time but rather handling it all as needed because everything was tied together somehow.

“You can smoke in here if you’d like, just open a window.” As much as he didn’t like the smell it was the other's home, and he wasn’t about to kick him out, but it would in time perhaps be another habit to lose. It wasn’t something to address yet though, he might need at least one vice to fall back on while handling the other vice and its sudden loss.

“Sounds good. I’ll do that when the clothing arrives or I won’t have anything to change into.” And that means parading about naked, save for a towel, and he doubted the other would appreciate that. For now he settled into the rhythm of opening bottles, pouring them out, and setting the empty bottles aside. He did need to return to the bedroom to grab some more of them, as he couldn’t carry them all in the first go, but it would get done.

“You know, you can ask me about myself. Since I’m going to be around a lot it seems, you might as well get to know me better.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:49 pm
Aloy nodded and cracked the window at the far end of the kitchen after retrieving his ashtray from the room. The action of lighting the cigarette and the first deep drag was like a reset to him, a calming wave of nicotine to bring the edge away at least a little bit. “I am sorry I had not asked, I have been a bit nervous with everything still. I remember you and Anna from my class and you were there for her recital as well. Is she well, I have seen her since but not you so I can only assume she was adopted. I did miss seeing you there it was always nice to have new faces in the crowd.” He took another long drag and blew it directly out the window as he sat on a stool near it. His eyes were still red and puffy from the emotional night he had.

“You said you were an orphan, I do not wish to pry but I would want to know more. My father is no longer of this world but the damage to my mother had been done so she and my sister no longer come around. Well, at least my mother, and my sister is graduating from DCU here shortly with the same degree I have. We both are musicians, me with my viola and her with her piano and voice. What are you going to school for?” There were so many things he could ask but he did not want to pry too much as he normally was a guarded individual himself when not haunted by his past.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:52 pm
“She was, I’m glad she was. She’s a good girl and deserves a good, loving, family who cares about her and lets her enjoy her hobbies.” They supported them as much as they could, which was far more than the orphanage could. “I went with her so she had support. She has support now.” And it wasn’t him, it was her family, and he wasn’t sure he should go anymore. He knew she cared for him but what about her family? Would he be a third wheel to them and unwanted? He’d never asked anyone and had simply decided how to behave and what to do; so stay away.

“I don’t normally talk about myself, to anyone.” And with good reason. Some children had found out, in school, about him being an orphan and they’d teased him about it. The school had stepped in but the damage had been done and he’d closed up like a clam. He didn’t talk to people or make friends, those who didn’t know about him never found out, he kept to himself and kept his life to himself and didn’t share. He had become a very private person, only sharing with the others at the orphanage because they were family and they were all in the same position so there was nothing to hide there. Everyone there knew everything about each other, they lived too close together to have secrets.

“It’s honestly not something I enjoy or have much interest in really…but it’ll make money.” And Aloysuis likely would understand his need for money, for security which came from money. “I am going for accounting. To be honest I had never considered college, or anything beyond high school when I was in high school. I thought I’d age out…and get a job working at the orphanage and that would be it for me. Now I get to choose and I didn’t know.” But he really needed to pick something so he could secure himself a future and money, lots of money, so he could be safe and secure and not have to live as he already had for so many years. He wanted to help out, money wise, with the orphanage until the place was no longer needed. He wanted to not worry about getting things he wanted or needed, especially needed. He’d gone without for long enough. As the last bottle was poured down the drain he turned to look at the other, back leaning against the kitchen counter top.

“I’ll do what I have to in order to live safely and securely from now on. I’ve gone without, I’ve seen others go without, and I’m not going back to that.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:54 pm
Aloysius noted the stonewalled answer to his personal question but figured there were topics not meant to be spoken of yet. “Ah I see, I was fortunate to be able to pursue my own avenues without having to worry about funding but that all came at a cost which you have now seen probably was not worth it in the long run. But this is the bed I lay in and I might as well use my inheritance to help when I can. It must be hard being able to choose something different after preparing yourself for a set course in life. I do feel that living safely in securely is a noble goal given the past you have had. Accounting is a very lucrative job, if you ever need help finding the proper formal attire I would love to assist. Formal clothing is my main choice in attire if you had not yet noticed in all of our meetings.”

He chuckled a bit as he finished smoking his cigarette and squashed out the butt in his ashtray. Sliding over towards the sink he tried not to bump into Liam as he quickly washed and rinsed his hands free of ash and nicotine. “Sorry if I am in the way or too close.” Going back towards his table to sit, he thought of the next things he would ask and then wondered. “Where was your family from? Mine is from Italy but has been here many generations making instruments and composing music for orchestras.” It was a topic he enjoyed thinking of, even though his grandfather had long since passed, he still carried that instrument-making torch in his crafting of the crystal fife he had made. The viola he played religiously was made by his namesake grandfather as well.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff