Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[R]overwhelmed and soft reassurances {Beni x Chal}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:36 am
Chalcanthite made his way to General Benitoite’s office. There were many things to talk about that only he and Liam knew about that needed closure. Benitoite had also dealt with the topic at hand in his own way. It was going to be hard but he had to know all about what happened after that night. The fuzzy edge of liquor that he had tried drowning out his nightmares no longer comforted and protected him. It was time to lay near the truth and try and find his own way to stand.

The office reminded him of the rooftop garden they had met at in the past when he first introduced the other to his fife and crystal theory. There would be time to bring that up in the future and bounce ideas off the other to advance his own research and theories. At least he had that avenue to cling to still no matter what else occurred. There was quiet classical music playing to all the plants as he knocked and waited to be let in. He could hear it through the door and smiled to himself a bit. It was nice to see someone who appreciated that kind of music in this day and age.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:07 am
He’d been reading, all the information on his plants noted down for the day, he sat and read by candle light so as not to subject his plants to harsh lights in his office. The only lights they needed were the special grow lamps he had focused on them, and them alone.

When the knock to his door came he tilted his head…interesting. Not a lot of people bothered him, he didn’t have such a large team or as many friends as others did, but a general was on the other side of his door. Interesting indeed. “Come in.” Putting his book down, slipping a marker between two pages before the book was closed, he turned in his seat and drew his legs up onto his leather chair. He fit nicely in the chair, he was rather small after all, and despite his age he certainly didn’t look it. Rather he looked like a teen sitting there all curled up watching the door.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:08 am
Chalcanthite nodded and entered. “Hello Benitoite, it has been a while since we last spoke. How have you fared? There are some things from the past I need to clarify with discretion, of course, if that is alright?” He was going to ask the questions he did not want to know the answers to but had to know them to move forward. He had refrained from looking in the database about Ochre and Bischofite but it was now time to step forward and move forward while not running away to be haunted by his past. Weeks of being off the hard liquor and having Liam help him deal with this grief cleared his head.

He stepped forward and took a seat in the chair across the desk from the small general. There was a serious trepidation still in his eyes but he did his best to keep things professional.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:10 am
Nodding once to the other he motioned to the chair across the desk from himself. “Have a seat, it has indeed been awhile. I do hope you’ve been well. I’m been managing well.” He’d had his life turned upside down, a partner walk out on him, and had found someone else who he certainly loved. He just had to convince Mason he wasn’t going to be leaving him, that he didn’t think the other worth less than someone else. One day he’d manage to convince Mason he wasn’t going to leave him for someone wealthy, or someone else. Rolling his eyes at the thought he smiled at Chalcanhite. “It’s good to see you back. You’ve missed a lot but I don’t think you’re here to catch up on things, at least not right now.” Since he’d mentioned questions and clarifying something, though what he hadn’t a clue.

Shifting to face the other fully, though he kept his legs up on his chair, his arms came to rest on his desk as he leaned forward. “Whatever I can do to help you I will, nothing will pass my lips to another's ears. So tell me what I can clarify for you and I’ll do my best.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:12 am
Wringing his hands in his lap he nodded and spoke in a hurt tone. “I have spent far too long focusing my time on the Rift and not on the rest of the world. I need to know what happened to Bischofite after I left him to die there. I need to know what happened to Ochre. I do not want to know but I feel I need to know, I am so tired Benitoite and I just need to know.” His voice had cracked slightly at the mention of the two men as he spoke. It hurt to bring them up, thinking of how Ochre had saved him from quite a few horrors over the Halloween season years back.

“He haunts me, covered in tar and feathers, more monster than man. Pulling me below into hell every night. I tried running from it, tried drinking it away but that can not be the solution if I want to pursue my goals in researching resonance.” There was so much more to see and do he needed to move past this but now he knew he needed help and it wasn’t something that made him weak like he had thought in the past. He couldn’t let his own hangups be the reason he stayed stagnant in his duties.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:16 am
“I see.” Those names, especially the first one, he hadn’t heard nor spoken in a long time. The first one carried a lot of memories for him; it was a lot of negative but some good. “That’s a long time to carry such emotions, such questions. It’s been a for the both of them.” He spoke slowly, taking the time to figure out what to say about them, especially the first. He hadn’t known the second well at all, in fact he didn’t think he’d ever met the corrupt senshi.

Leaning back in his seat the ashen blond took a slow, deep, breath as he gathered himself. “I can see how he’d haunt a person…his personality was the sort which brought people in and hooked them.” Even he’d fallen for it, and he knew he wasn’t the only one, but he’d learned to get over it. “Bischofite I can confirm is dead, how I do not know. But I cannot say I’m surprised and perhaps it is for the best. I doubt he enjoyed his fate but it was one he should have taken into consideration.” Youma were, in some cases, capable of higher thought and he had stupidly gotten into bed with such a youma, sort to speak. His plan had been beyond stupid and while he didn’t remember all the details, time was a blessing like that, he did remember just what the outcome had been.

“He nearly opened a portal for the youma to flood into the city, that is what he nearly did. He wrapped it up in some fancy words and didn’t say what the plan actually was. He got me on board with helping, with holding down an area, to help his plan succeed. I nearly got myself killed in the ensuing fire because I didn’t want to leave.” Mason’s sister had carried him out, though he hadn’t known about Mason back then nor his connection to Lellouch.

“Orchre is another matter entirely. I did not know him but I knew the name, I know a lot of people by name only.” He looked over member lists to see who was who, what they could do, but he didn’t meet most of the members, especially the newer ones. He was secure with his little group. “Recently there was an event with space aliens, they were working with us, and as per usual a large fight broke out. During the battle the royal senshi Ganymede began to purify people - Ochre was one of them. He betray us and for that he got himself killed, as he deserved for such. However, I assume you had some close connection to him so I take no pleasure in saying such to you. But traitors should not be allowed to remain.” And he would assume, and even hope, that his fellow general understood that. He meant no harm in his words but it was the truth. He’d kill a traitor himself if presented the chance. He still had a few such people on the top of his list to kill, one of them he’d been told to recorrupt if he found them.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:21 am
The first response had not really aided as much as he had hoped, the vagueness of if he had been the last factor on whether or not he had died alone still weighed on him but the plans that had gone on in the background showed more of the monster he was. “It seemed like hell on earth back then there, I was only a captain at the time. He left many in the dark including me other. He was a monster was he not? Toying with people’s hearts sinking his talons into people.” He shuddered again thinking of it, thumbing something in his pocket he still carried from back then that tar tainted feather attached to his fife. It had been a long time but one of formative nature for his goals in the Negaverse since then.

The second caused him to hitch a breath for a moment, he didn’t understand how that could have happened. Ochre had seemed nothing but loyal and helpful to the Negaverse in every interaction. “I… I see, I believe I was deep in my crafting of rift crystals at the time. He.. he was a good man that aided much in the start up of my research as well as other matters that he had defended me from over halloween years ago. But traitors should be dealt with I agree… I just never thought he could do so. I may need to take a moment to think about all this. Fewer and fewer remain of those I held close. Truth be told you and a few mirror walkers are the closest things I have to friends since I dragged Bischofite out that day years ago.”

He pressed his face into his hands for a moment trying to not make a scene, it was so hard feeling all his emotions unfiltered and unhindered being sober. He just took slow deep breaths and tried to think of Lacerta and Liam, the other two who knew what it was like to be torn by what has happened in their lives.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:23 am
“I wouldn’t call him a monster, not now anyway, a master at manipulating people however - yes. He was good at using people to gain whatever he wanted, or needed, at the time. I do wonder if he ever cared for anyone honestly. Perhaps he did, if so it was clearly none of us. He used me as well as he used you and others I’m sure.” Not to say he was a saint himself, he wasn’t, but he didn’t go playing those sorts of games. He had no reason to go planning things, dragging others into his plans, and leaving out information or downright lying about it.

“Sometimes it is little things we miss, things they don’t want us to see, that point to them not being as loyal as we think they are. But he did go willingly to purify…I’m unsure if the other side can even force such a matter to be honest. But take whatever time you need on that, I do not blame you for that need.” Why would he? He’d just heard someone he’d cared for, to what extent he didn’t know, had died after betraying them. It was a lot to take in.

“I don’t have a lot left either, many have departed wether to live their civilian lives or because death has claimed them. This is a war and these things come hand in hand with it, I’ve learned that over time.” He’d learned a lot over time and he knew he’d carry these lessons with him if the war ended before he died. “I was carried out of that mess as well…it left it’s scar on me.”

Pushing his chair back he let his feet slip out from under himself and land on the floor with a gentle click of his heels. Standing slowly he let his coat fall to his chair in a pool of heavy dark fabric, The next layer was the gray and silver vest he wore which landed on the coat gently, the fabric light and flowing. Fingers slowly undid the buttons of his white shirt and down his arms it slipped, shoulders then arms laid bare, he was fair skinned so the ink stood out in heavy contrast to his fair skin. Dark and black it was thick but unmistakable - ivy and thorns adorned his petite frame.

The fabric landed on the vest, covering it up, and laying in stark contrast to the dark and heavy fabric of his coat. Turning his back slowly, and now watching the other general over his shoulder, he motioned to his shoulder blade where a white scar could be seen. Paler than the rest of his skin it wasn’t too hard to make out. “That…falling wood that was on fire caught me there. It left its mark. If it didn’t leave its mark then the ink certainly has. I carry my own scars from the past, from Bischofite.” Emotionally, mentally and physically but he’d worked on getting over them. For a while he’d let the anger carry him away from other emotions, those of loss and the like, but then the anger had faded as well.

When he turned back round there was another, low on his hip to the left side, it was a fleur de lis with a banner and words. There was a scar on his right side and one towards his chest too…he’d gained his fair share of marks from the war.Taking his seat, slowly, he sat on his own uniform casual as ever.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:25 am
He watched the other as they shed their shirt, revealing scars and tattoos he had never seen before. It almost felt reassuring in a way that he wasn’t alone in what happened with that man. He shook off his coat and rolled up his sleeves revealing faint claw mark scars dragged across in the shape of the others hands between much much older self harm scars that were nearly faded to time. Pulling his ribboned tie loose and off, he also pulled a few buttons free to reveal the spider web lattic of scars he had acquired over the years stopping barely below his chin with pale strangulation scars. There was a reason he kept everything buttoned and long sleeved all year round.

“He grabbed me, just like a drowning man. Not all there and trying to pull me down with him… I know he did not care about me but I was young and I had never known attention before then or since in that way. Everything was so rough and I was so afraid to stop anything. And Ochre… I only knew him from his aide and work so you are right, there could have been so much more beneath the surface as well. I.. I am sorry for bringing up topics such as this given we each have had experiences with him. I am grateful regardless though, I am so weary from keeping it to myself and letting it fester for all these years unchecked.” He too sat facing the other and started to cry, they were both messes in their own way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:29 am
Watching as the other showed his own scars, both physical and otherwise, he nodded his head slowly. “He got you as well….as I said he was good at bringing people in. I don’t think he cared for anyone, I don’t think he knew how to properly, but he certainly could get us to care for him.” Then he’d hurt them. “It’s a shame however that you’ve never had someone care for you since then, that he’s tainted things so much.” Even now it seemed he had a grip still on things. His clawed fingers reached so far beyond his death it seemed. How many new members knew that name and knew the face…knew what the man had done?

So many older members, members of the past, who went about things in a very different way were gone to time? Their names were remembered by a few and even fewer knew them and had worked with them. He felt old for a moment as he sat there staring across his desk at the other.

“Might I suggest remembering that he manipulated us, lied to us, and led us on in order to fulfill a goal of his that he never thought us worth knowing. Move on, find someone to care for you. I’d suggest someone who serves chaos, so that secrets won’t get in the way.” As had been the case in his life before Mason had entered his life.

Standing once more, bringing his shirt back up and over his shoulders, buttoning it as he moved, he came around his desk and drew the others head towards his side. “Cry for what you’ve lost, remember the lessons, and move on. You need to..you’ve let Bischofite bring you down much too long and I know he’d call it weak. I was, when I brought him into the Negaverse, dealing with the loss of another. The mourning I did he scoffed at and called weak. I thought I was weak for it. While I don’t think human emotion is a weakness I do think there is a time and a place. He’d taken enough of your time.” He stated, fingers coming to comb through the others bangs.

“If you need me I’m here, I understand and I remember. I doubt I’ll ever forget it fully. But we cannot allow it to drag us down. It’s unfair to us to allow him, and his memory, to continue to claw at us.” As he’d physically done to the other as well.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:49 am
Chalcanthite almost froze at the other when they held his head, it was such a kind gesture and one he had not yet gotten used to as he was still getting used to not keeping his walls up and locked tight. It was soothing, something he had never felt before as the other comed their fingers through his bangs. It stopped his brain for a moment from the pain he felt and for that moment there was nothing going on just the conversation and earnest words from a friend. “Thank you for this and… I will try. I need help I know that now, someone showed me that and they are on our side. I have always kept things separate between what I showed and what I felt and I feel that that just alienated me from others because of him. For the very same reason of being called weak for showing what I felt even before Bischofite existed in my life.” He didn’t dare move though, the feeling of peace scared him because it felt inside like it was something he didn’t deserve still. But with what the Benitoite said it wasn’t something to be afraid of or feel ashamed to want.

He mumbled his thanks again and again for the other being there as he just let it all out, the floodgates too broken to keep the tears at bay.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:52 am
“Emotions are not a weakness unless you let them be, or unless you're an idiot. They are, in my opinion, a strength. I tend not to act on them, without thinking my actions through, but it doesn’t mean I don’t have them. I won’t act on them alone, I’ve learned now to, but I do let them aid me in making choices that are good.” Though sometimes he still did slip and act on emotion alone, he tried not to. “The first hurdle is saying you need help, to yourself and to another person, and you’ve done that. You’ll get the help you need, you said you have others as well who can help.” And that was good, it was better than some people got.

“I think you need to learn when and where to show emotion and how to act on them.” while also acting with reason rather than just jumping into things, as he’d done in the past. It wasn’t easy to learn these lessons, they left a lot of scars at times, but they were young and in a war. They were lessons which needed to be learned by them.

“I’m glad you have help, aside from myself. You’ve carried this burden too long.”

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:55 am
He nodded as he pulled away, slowly and reluctantly before fixing his own uniform in the same methodical process that he had done every time he was nervous in the mirror at home. It was a coping motion at this point in its own way as he could physically hide his scars behind that facade of power in the form of a general’s uniform. The fumbling in his fingers from his emotions slowly calmed as he pulled everything back together. “I promise I still am sharp on acting on my actions at least. I just… am not used to the full force of what I have kept stunted by alcohol and nicotine for years. I apologize for making a scene, I truly am.” He felt ashamed in a way now as embarrassment blushed across his face.

“I understand if I should leave for now to gather myself more but we should meet again soon to properly catch up. I want to bring you in on what I am working on if you would be alright with that. I promise I will hide nothing of my goals and methods for my research as I want it to be something for the advancement and protection of our lower ranks.” He didn’t want to go, he hadn’t wanted to pull away but it wasn’t his place to do it and even if the other had said it was ok deep inside his own family’s opinion on the matter still whispered through. He waited to see if the other would stop him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:56 am
“You don’t need to apologize, I do understand to some degree what you’re going through. I know you’re having a difficult time. I’m glad to know you are working through things finally, you deserve the peace it can give.” He was very glad for that, he was surprised someone was still suffering because of Bischofite. He knew the other was dead, records said as much, but what exactly had happened he didn’t know. He wasn’t sure he even wanted to know to be honest. He wasn’t sure the other hadn’t taken himself out considering what had become of him, after his failed plans, he could picture that being a possible outcome.

“You don’t need to leave, I wouldn’t throw you out.” Though there were some he very well might throw out of his office, Chal was not one of them, he’d yet to toss someone out of his office. “That’s good to hear, and I will never hide anything as well. I’m terrible at lying anyway, but I’d rather have people follow me because they support whatever I’m working on.” Not because he’d lied and manipulated his way into it.

“I don’t know if you’ve told the other two about the past, I am glad you have them by your side, but perhaps you should tell them whenever you are ready.” Ruffling the others bangs he smiled down at him. “Now, what would you like to do tonight? Perhaps something a bit lighter?” Anything to try and help the other pull back a bit but not too much, not withdraw into himself.

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:58 am
Nodding thoughtfully, enjoying the other’s soft and non violet touch, he was relieved. “Thank you and… I will do my best but it has to be in time and over time not all at once. I need to sort things and try not to lose it still. I would really prefer to have a drink but I promised I would refrain from that without one of their supervision. I think for now I would just enjoy sitting here and listening to your music, you have very good taste and I know how to play a few of the parts of the pieces I have heard so far.” Benitoite might understand not wanting to be alone, as he wasn’t sure when he would be able to see Liam next. It was still hard for him to not fall back to old habits when left to his own devices so he would sit and just enjoy the company of Benitoite until he could manage to be back in his empty home or in the Rift looking for more stable crystals to test.

Quote:
Fin

Negaspace & The Rift

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces