Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:28 pm

• no entries prior for 2024
  • April

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 pm
Quote:
The last thing you remember is…Well, you don’t remember. Strange?

Where is this place? It looks like you’re in the middle of dark forest. Was it even dark the last time you were….coherent? Just as you’re about to ask yourself what is going on, you hear what you will later start calling The Voice.

“Hello, fool.” The voice is terrifying with how normal it sounds. There’s a slight lilt to it, but that’s it. It seems to come from everywhere or nowhere at once.

“Let’s play a game. Right now you’re in the middle of a forest and all you have to do is find your way out. Simple? Yes, truly, just like your mind.” The airy laugh echoes on. “You have two hours.”

You shout at the voice asking how you get here, along with a bunch of other questions, but the only answer is–

“Tick, tock. Time’s running out little fool. This time we’ll play for a prize and if you fail, well, I won’t take it out on your utter incompetence. But next time…the stakes will be higher.”

You spend the next five minutes trying to talk with the voice or reason with, but it refuses to say another thing.

Really, whether you like it or not, you’ve only got one choice—GET OUT!

Prompt: You wake up in the forest. How you got there isn’t important right now. But the thing is that you’ve been given a time limit by a sinister voice who acts like this is just the first round in some demented game. Whether or not you really want to play, you do know that you don’t want to stay here.

What you need to do:
Write out facing 2-3 obstacles/riddles to overcome before you make it out of the forest. Your prompt should end with you making it past the edge of the woods.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She blinked her eyes sleepily lifting her head and looking around, jumping at the sudden sound of a disembodied voice speaking to her. Her tail bristled and the fur on her back stood on end. It was such a creepy sounding voice, with a slight sinister vibe.

'Hello fool,' it had called to her. 'Who are they to call her a fool? Of all the nerve---' she thought, just as she was about to retort, it spoke again. '“Let’s play a game. Right now you’re in the middle of a forest and all you have to do is find your way out. Simple? Yes, truly, just like your mind.” The airy laugh echoes on. “You have two hours.'

It took her a moment to comprehend what the voice had said, and she growled at the mocking insults that it had thrown her way. She sneered through clench teeth some choice bitter words but to no avail. The voice did not speak again. Sighing in resignation, she stood, shook herself and looked around at her surroundings. From the little light that the moon provided she could tell she was deep into the forest and it seemed the trees loomed over her on all sides. She recalled what the voice had said. She only had two hours to find her way out. Huffing, her tail swishing furiously behind her in annoyance, she started forward. Her paws met the soft ground, mud squishing between her toes. Of course it had to be mud.

The path she walked was well worn but vegetation had grown around it, branches hanging over obscuring the view of the path in some places. It was as if the path would disappear and reappear up ahead. Some spots she had to push through tangled briars and branches or vines that had entwined together to create a blockade. It was as if nature itself was trying to prevent her from escaping the forest. The sharp edges would tear into her flesh as she pushed through, causing scratches to appear and bleed. A large thorn scraped against her cheek, narrowly missing her eye as she ducked under a particularly thick vine covered in the large thorns. She could almost hear the sinister voice laughing in her mind at her pain. It only fueled her desire to keep moving and get out of this disgusting place. She kept going for what seemed like hours but she couldn't be sure of any real passage of time because of how dense the canopy above her was now. She could only see by a few slivers of moonlight trickling through. A small opening in the trees ahead gave her hope for she could see where the path seemed to widen and the vegetation that she had been fighting to get through seemed to thin. Breathing a sigh of relief, she stepped into the moonlight shining bright in this small clearing. She paused a moment to rest and lick her bleeding wounds. Each scrape stung from the bite of the cold air against her skin, but after cleaning them they seemed to feel slightly better. After she was done, she looked around to get a better feel of where she was and where she should continue.

It seemed there were three paths ahead of her leading out of the clearing. She had no idea which way she would need to go and could only guess at this point. Just as she started to choose a path, something rustled in the brush nearby. Her eyes trained on the spot where the brush moved, two glowing blue eyes pierced the darkness.

A sharp crack sounded as a large black and white canine jumped out from the trees, blocking her way forward. His voice was smooth and deep, white teeth gleaming in the moonlight as he spoke. " You look lost little kitty. I can show you the way if you can answer my riddles. If you can't, we'll I get to eat you." He licked his lips at the thought.
Jynx watched him, realizing he was a shifter, not taking her eyes off him. He began to pace back and forth in front of her. "Do you accept the challenge?"
Jynx somehow knew she didn't really have a choice. He would eat her if she said no. Sighing deeply, she replied simply, "Yes." She tried her best to keep her fear out of her voice and stood as still as possible, hoping the trembling she felt inside wasn't showing on the outside.

The beast gave a sinister smile, "Gooood. The first riddle: What is always in front of you, but can’t be seen?"

Jynx blinked, thinking about her answer. "How many chances do I get for each riddle?" she was stalling, hoping the shifter didn't catch on. He stopped pacing and slowly and deliberately stepped towards her, stopping when his maw was a few inches from her face. "One," he replied in a threatening tone. "So you'd better make it count." He went back to his pacing, slower this time, his glowing eyes locked on her.

Only one chance...wow. She thought about the question. Was it something physical or would it be more of an idea or something invisible? Wait, air! Air was always in front of you, it's all around you. Could it be air? But air can be seen sometimes, if there's wind or smoke or even fog. It has to be something else. She wondered how much time she had to guess. Wait...time...could it be time? But time isn't always in front of you, but your future is. That's it! Future!

"My answer is the future," she said calmly her eyes staring into his as her tail twitched nervously behind her. The shifter chuckled, "Well, looks like you got that one right. Good job kitten. Now for the next one: The more of this you take, the more you leave behind."

She let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. She was right! Her victory didn't last long as she now needed to focus on the next riddle. "Ok, let me think," she said quietly. He sneered at her. "Don't think too hard kitten. You might hurt your head." He snickered at his own joke.

She rolled her eyes at him and tried working out the riddle. The more I take, the more I leave behind. What are things I can take? I can take something from others, like food or trinkets but I'm not going to leave the same thing... I can take a life, but definitely can't leave one behind. I can take a breath and when I do, I breathe back out so maybe? But that's not exactly leaving a breath. What else can I take? I take a walk...take a run...take a step...but what do I leave behind....wait....if I take a walk, I leave footprints. That must be it!

"I think it's footprints," she answered. The shifter slowly shook his head at her, his eyes gleaming with glee that she was wrong. "Silly kitten, your answer is wrong. Footsteps was the right answer." He started towards her, his maw open and teeth gleaming. "Now--"

"What!!? That's...that's the same thing! It means the same thing!!" She interrupted him, fear in her voice. "You have to count that." Tears began to well in her eyes.

He paused a second to consider, and reluctantly agreed, "Alright then," he said annoyed and turned away from her back to where he'd been sitting. "I'll let it slide, but this next one is going to be even harder. There's no way you'll get it. I have a head like a cat and feet like a cat, but I am not a cat. What am I?" He watched her carefully, waiting for her to blurt out the wrong answer.

Relief washed over her when he agreed to let her answer pass. Only one left.
Head like a cat, feet like a cat but not a cat. Well...me. I'm not a cat. Not really. That's it. It has to be me. She didn't know why he said it would be the hardest as it was the simplest of all. "It's me!" she said, a huge smile on her face. She was proud that she'd figured it out so quickly. "Now, I think you---"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk... Your answer is wrong, again." He cut her off, his voice again filled with glee that she was wrong. "The answer to the riddle is kitten," he said cooly.

"Kitten!" she said in disbelief, How is that not the same thing as a cat? I mean, that's what you've been calling me this entire time, 'Kitten'." She paused, her mind racing now. The shifter had started forward again, that sinister grin on his face. "So in that regard, if kitten is the correct answer and you've been calling me kitten, then me would be the right answer!" She had been backing away as she stammered the last few words as the shifter was advancing towards her. He then stopped, again just a few inches from her face. It felt like forever he stood there, his hot fowl breath invading it's way into her nostrils. He grumbled, and turned away from her, walked away and began pacing again. He looked like he was arguing with himself as his expression changed many times in the span of just a couple minutes. He stopped, turned to her and after a long silence finally spoke. "Fine. Your logic has saved you. Your answer ...." he paused, giving a long sigh of annoyance, "is correct."

Jynx collapsed onto the ground, the adrenaline that had been coursing through her left her and her legs could no longer hold her up. Tears streamed from her eyes. "You mean, I passed? You won't eat me?" Her voice was so quiet the shifter could barely make out what she said. Still annoyed, he rolled his eyes at the mare. "Yes, yes. You're safe....for now." He couldn't keep the malice out of his voice or eyes as he said, "And you're free to go. Take the path on the left and it'll lead you straight out of the forest." He stood and walked over to her, leaning his head down to hers and whispered. "You'd better never find yourself back here again. I won't be so lenient next time." His words hissed from his mouth and in a blink he was gone.

Jynx lay on the ground, her heart pounding and her breathing shallow. She was in shock. She sobbed and lay her head on her paws, taking a moment to catch her breath and calm down. She had survived the riddles from the shifter. Now the only thing that stood in her way of freedom was the path ahead. She took a deep breath and got to her feet. A bit wobbly, she took a step forward, and then another. Slowly she made her way to the path on the left. "What is always in front of you but can never been seen?" The question replayed in her mind. This path, her future was in front of her. She started walking and after a few steps, she looked down at the path. "The more of this you take, the more you leave behind." The second riddle...footsteps. The more steps she took, the more she would leave behind her and the challenges she had overcome. With a renewed hope that she would soon escape the forest, she began to run. "I have a head like a cat and feet like a cat, but I am not a cat. What am I?" The last riddle. The answer would forever haunt her. Kitten. Everytime she heard that word she would think of the shifter who had taunted her and wanted to kill her. His nickname for her was why he allowed her answer to succeed....it almost made her sick. But in the end, the answer that saved her was 'me.' She had saved herself.

She ran until she could see light shining through the trees and the path ended at the edge of a field. She could hear birds chirping and saw insects flying through the air. Flowers spotted the landscape and she took a moment to take in the air. She had made it. She had escaped the forest.

[2,058 words]  

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 4:06 pm
Quote:
Write an RP about one or more of your soquili travelling to or in a body of water! It could be the ocean, a lake, underwater caves or just going to the beach!

User Image
Both Soquili owned by Moxxiie

Perseus's brother had told him about a small cave that when the tide was low, he had found some bioluminescent snails. Perseus was excited to see them, but also wanted to share the experience with his mate Signe. She agreed to come with him, eager to see the pretty snails but also excited to just spend time with Perseus.
They set out early in the day in hopes that by the time they'd arrive the tide would be getting lower. Signe brought along a small net made from seaweed to collect a few of the empty shells or some pretty rocks they might find. She was always collecting small trinkets from their travels and adventures. She had found her little crown on one of those adventures. It was her absolute favorite trinket.
As they made their way to the cave, they would travel through a large bed of coral. Signe asked Perseus to stop here for a few moments so she could look around at all the lovely creatures and plants that made up the structure. There were all kinds of fish and clams, anemone and even some crabs who made their home here. She found a few pretty shells that she picked up and put into her net. She had layered some large kelp inside so that the net could hold things without them falling through the holes. She only ever gathered up the unoccupied shells, but sometimes it was hard to tell. Once she'd gotten a large conch shell that turned out to still have an inhabitant and started crawling away once she got it back home. After gathering a few things, she was ready to continue. Perseus smiled at her lovingly and beckoned with his hooves the direction to go. "It won't be much further," he told her.
After what seemed barely any time at all, they arrived. Even from outside the cave, they could see the glow shining off the water on the cave walls and reflecting off the surface of the water. The water was pretty shallow here so they had to be careful not to go in too far or they might get stuck.
Signe's eyes sparkled with the light from glowing snails. She gasped in amazement and her smile big in awe. Perseus just watched her face, taking in her reaction. Her joy brought him joy. "It's so beautiful, isn't it Percy?" she asked him, using her little pet name she had given him. Without looking away from her, he replied dreamily. "Absolutely beautiful." At that moment, her eyes met his and she blushed slightly, realizing he wasn't referring to the snails or the cave. "Aww, Percy." She nuzzled him lovingly. "You big romantic. Come, let's get a closer look!" She nuzzled him again and swam further into the cave. "Careful love, don't get too far in. We dont' want to get stuck in here." She waved a hoof at him. "Don't worry, I won't." She giggled a little at his concerned voice. "I'll be careful."
They moved closer to the cave walls and she reached out a hoof to touch the glowing surface. She pulled her hoof away and a small amount had stayed on her hoof and now it too was glowing. "Oh wow," she said, "just fascinating. Look!" she held out her hoof to him and wiped some of it on his hoof. "Isn't this so neat? What is it?"
Percy chuckled at her. "Well, the snails leave a trail of slime on the wall and the slime is something called bioluminescent. Something in the snail's slime makes it glow when the air hits it. It doesn't glow under water, only when the water has left the cave. If you look closely at some of the snails under water, they aren't glowing, but the ones on the rocks and cave wall are." She looked at him with astonishment. "How did you know that?" she asked. He smiled big and replied, "My brother told me all about it. He's the smart one. I just wanted to make sure I remembered so I could tell you if you were curious." She was impressed with him for remembering all that and with his brother for the knowledge. "Well I am really glad he learned that so he could tell you. This is so neat!"
She looked around to find a few snail shells and even a few glowing rocks. Once she put them in her bag, they weren't glowing anymore, but she still wanted to keep them for the memories. They stayed in the cave for a while until the tide started to come back in. "I think we should probably head back now," Perseus suggested. "We don't want to be gone too long." She nodded in agreement and making sure she'd secured her bag, followed him out of the cave. They looked back once they had both exited just in time to see the glow fade as the water rushed into the cave, plunging it into darkness once again. "Thank you so much for bringing me here. It was a lovely adventure." Signe smiled at him, and gave a small peck on the cheek. "Anything for you love," he replied and then they made their way home.

[word count: 875]  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:06 pm
Quote:
Prompt: Write me a fairytale with a twist!.You can write it as though it's happening now, as though it's being acted out, as though it's a story being told, or anything else creative you can come up with. But there must be a TWIST!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A soft breeze blew, rustling the embers of a small fire causing burning ash to drift into the sky and quickly burn out. Ókas Mosq sat near the fire warming herself as her pups played nearby. The sun had long started it's descent behind the horizon and it would soon be time for them to sleep. She smiled watching them play and their laughter and yips reminded her of a tale she liked to tell them. She called the pups over to join her around the fire. They didn't listen and continued playing and wrestling with each other. Shaking her head she began to softly sing. This got their attention. They always loved when Mother sang. She would sing until they gathered around her and she began to tell her tale.

The story was about a young mare who had lost her way in the woods, separated from her family. She was found by a pack of wolves. Scared to death, she just knew they were going to make her their next meal, but instead the leader of the pack offered her shelter and food. After she had rested and eaten, the wolves offered for her to stay with them until she could find her family. They even offered to help look for her family.

As Mother spoke, her heart grew heavy and her words came softer. Her pups sensing her sadness, moved closer to her, crawling onto her back and neck to cuddle, laying their small heads on her. The oldest, Achachak, whose pelt was dark red and orange lay next to her, his paws resting on her folded knee and he whined as he lowered his head to his paws and looked up at her. Numees sat as close as she could next to Mother's shoulder and leaned her body against her. Her tail thumped slowly and softly on the ground. Kitchi, the youngest pup, crawled up onto her back and nuzzled into her mane, and soon he closed his eyes as he listened to the song. Feeling the love from her three coyote children, she smiled softly and continued her tale with a renewed strength to her words.

The wolf pack had offered to help her find her family, and although they looked for days, there was just no sign of the young mare's family. Tired and defeated the mare was so sad and would cry at night mourning the family she had lost. The pack told her she could stay with them and they would take care of her. She agreed and soon she was at home with the wolves. They taught her how to hunt, and how to survive. She learned how to be part of a pack. It wasn't until many many years later that she discovered the terrible truth about her new family. The reason they offered to help her find her family and offered to take her in was that they were the ones who had killed her family. Once the mare had learned the awful truth, she had to escape. It took some time and lots of planning but she managed to get away from the pack. She knew they would be able to follow her trail so she made sure to use the nearby river to her advantage. It took many days for her to get far enough away that she felt safe enough to rest. Exhausted, she collapsed under a tree and slept for what must have been days. When she finally woke it was to the sounds of quiet yips and whines coming from nearby brush. She just knew the wolves had found her. Frantically she tried to get up to run but was too weak to move. Fear gripped her as she waited for the attack that never came. The sounds grew louder as the brush rustled and out stepped three tiny pups. Puzzled, she sniffed at them as they came closer to her. They didn't smell like the wolves and they didn't look like them either. Curious about her too, the strange pups made their way over to her and sniffed her back.

This caught the coyotes' attention. Achachak perked his ears and raised his head up, giving a soft nuzzle to Mother's cheek. Numees just nuzzled closer and her tail wagged a quicker rhythmic thump on the ground. Kitchi had long since fallen asleep but there was a smile on his little face. They knew that this part of the story was about coyotes like them. What they didn't know is that the tale was about them and how Mother had first met them. They had been too young to remember, but Mother always told the tale as if it was someone else. She'd never told them the truth about her past and their beginning.

The mare stared at the pups who had no idea who she was but had shown no fear towards her. She was still wary that they were somehow part of the wolf pack, she tried again to stand and after a few falls and a clumsy few first steps she was able to get to her feet. This sent the pups rushing back into the brush to escape being trampled underfoot. The mare watched them scurry away and turned to leave, hoping to find some food and put more distance between her and the strange pups. She walked a few yards and her ears perked at the sounds of tiny paws behind her. She stopped and turned to look to see nothing behind her. Looking around she didn't see anything so kept going. A few more feet and she heard them again, this time closer. She stopped again and turned, still not seeing anyone or anything. She turned again to continue on, and felt a soft pelt brush against her leg. The pups were walking under her between her legs. She leaned her head down to sniff them again, shook her head and said, "Go back home. Your mother will be looking for you." The pups just stared at her with sad eyes and whined, their tiny ears dropped back. It took a moment for her to realize - they didn't have a mother, just like her. After a few moments of silence with them staring at each other, the mare deep in thought, she smiled at them. "Then I will be your mother."

Ókas looked down at her children, all three asleep now and the last embers of the fire only emitting a soft glow. A tear rolled down her cheek, as she looked up to the stars and gave a quiet thank you for sending the three coyote pups into her life at such an awful time. She loved them all as if they were her own blood. Sometimes she still wondered what happened to the wolves that had deceived her but was almost grateful for how things had turned out. Still she could never forgive them for what they did, though they had taught her so much.

[1,172 words]  

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:46 pm
Quote:
It’s Hallowe’en night and wind is howling through the trees. The weather is suddenly ghastly. A mysterious mist rises around. Every once in awhile you think you hear the jingling of tack, the huffs of horses impatiently waiting…on what?

A cold sense of dread overcomes you. The tiny hairs on the back of your neck stand up, and for a moment everything seems pretenaturally still. Your breath catches in your chest and when you finally release breath it comes out in a white huff of air. It’s suddenly very cold. Your mouth is so dry you can barely swallow even if you can get the shallow breaths to actually force air into your lungs.

There’s a loud cracking sound and you think you hear voices on the wind, but you can’t be sure. All you know is that they’re coming, they’re coming, THEY'RE COMING!.... For you.

It’s some innate fear that tells you this, something instinctual. You can feel that whatever is out there is hunting you–that you are the prey. It’s imperative you run, the world narrows down to a single field of vision and you run, you run for your life and perhaps something more.

The Wild Hunt rides tonight on All Hallow’s Eve. It is composed of a plethora of fallen warriors, lost souls, and mythical beings forever roaming the land on these chilly nights.

Extra Rules for this Prompt:

1. You are armed with no weapon but your wits (if you have them).
2. This is a dream or fugue state, even if you’re soquili has wings, magic or glowing plants/crystals, they do not exist in this state. Basically, you’re as basic as can be.

Good luck!

You have two choices for prompts:

1. It's a dark and blustery night, and you've fallen asleep in a thicket in the forest. You dream you've joined the wild hunt. What's it like? How did it happen? You can tackle just one of these questions or explore your own.

2, You fall asleep safe in your bed and dream that for some reason the Wild Hunt is chasing you. Tell us about it. Talk about that breathing down your neck fear that envelops you. Do you know why they’re chasing you? (You don’t have to). Show us what it’s like to be running and scared.

His hair blew wildly in the wind, often across his field of vision. The howling sounds gave an eerie feel to the night air. Chester sat between his shoulders, holding onto a lock of his hair with one of his feet. "I don't like this," he clucked, having to yell over the wind. Hawthorne looked back at him and gave him a little nudge. "We'll be ok. It's just a little wind. Just keep holding on tight."
Chester stared at him and frowned. "That's easy for you to say. You won't blow away in the wind or lose your hat!" He raised a wing up to his hat and pressed it down as much as he could onto his head. Hawthorne chuckled. "If it flies off, we'll catch it or find you another, but if you fly off, you have wings silly chicken."
Chester huffed and gave the hair a little tug. "You know I can't fly very well." This just made Hawthorne chuckle at him again.
A loud crack from nearby alerted them that they weren't alone. A tall dark stallion with glowing red eyes stepped out of the trees. He wasn't alone, accompanied by many other dark and mysterious beasts and soquili, all somewhat shrouded in a dark fog. The wind seemed to die down some as they emerged. The dark one approached the pair, his voice deep and echoing, sounding as if many were speaking at once. "You must join us," he demanded, "join us in our hunt tonight." Hawthorne was wary of this stranger. "Join you? What are you hunting?" The stranger did not answer. He simply stared back at him, his breath creating puffs of mist on the cool night air. "Oooohhh-kay then..." Hawthorne continued as he turned away, "I think we'll just stay here," he started to say when the stallion appeared in front of him, it's large muzzle just inches from Hawthorne's face. It's hot breath enveloped Hawthorne's nostrils and the smell was atrocious. "Dude, could you not breathe on me," Hawthorne coughed, and shook his head trying to clear the smell. "It smells like you ate something rotten or dead and it's trying to crawl into my nose." The beast was not amused at Hawthorne's aside. "It was not a request. You must join us on our hunt, or you will be the hunted." At that Chester spoke up, peeking out of Hawthorne's hair. "Umm, m-maybe we should listen to him Thorny. I don't like the look of those guys and definitely don't want to be on their menu. At least if we join them, we won't be the ones being hunted." Hawthorne frowned, and gave one solid nod. "Fine, but only because my chicken friend doesn't want to get eaten by you and your nasty friends." The stallion did not reply but silently walked back towards the waiting throng of beasts. He raised his head and gave a long loud howl, soon joined by the others. "Tonight...we ride!" The stranger took off leading the pack as they followed suit. After a moment, Hawthorne hadn't moved, but started to turn away when one of the large beasts snapped it's large toothy maw at his flank. "Ok ok I'm going!" he yelled at it and followed suit. The group had gotten a head start but a few stragglers had stayed behind to make sure Hawthorne kept his word.

It wasn't hard to know which way they'd gone as there was a trail of black mist following behind them. He could hear them up ahead snarling and growling. Every now and then he'd catch sight of one or two who had found their prey and were still devouring what was left of it. Hawthorne gulped at the sight of a young deer running from two of the beasts. It was darting back and forth between trees trying to escape. He wanted to help but he knew he couldn't. He looked away as he went past, sad that he couldn't do anything. "Chester, don't look." he said softly. Chester hadn't looked but he was shaking as he held tight on Hawthorne's back. It only took a few moments for them to catch up with the group where the leader stood waiting. They had emerged from the trees into an open area. Hawthorne approached hesitantly walking through the group. Some of the beasts watched him and Chester hungrily, mouths watering. "Stay close," he whispered to his chicken friend. "These guys look like they'd take no qualms in making a snack out of you....or me..." Hawthorne stopped as he reached the front of the group and stood beside their leader. "Oh look, can't go any further. Does that mean it's over?" he asked hopefully, noticing that they had reached the edge of a steep rocky wide canyon where the river rushed below.

The leader made no movement or sound to answer, but as the rest of the group joined them at the edge, they began to descend the rocky embankment. Hawthorne watched as they made their way down and then the leader followed. "I guess not even a river can stop the hunt," he said lowly. He sighed and carefully made his way down as well. At the bottom the group had waited for the leader to cross the river first and start making his way back up the other side. Hawthorne hesitated and was pushed from behind by one of the beasts. "Go," it growled at him. "Okay okay," he huffed. "Chester, you might want to get on my head." He waited a moment as the chicken climbed up on top of his head, holding on tight with both claws now. Hawthorne stepped into the water, his hooves sinking into the mud. It took a lot of his strength to keep himself upright and halfway through the river, the water was up to chin. "Hold on!" he called to Chester over the rushing water. "Already on it!" Chester yelled back. Hawthorne stumbled on a rock and Chester nearly lost his grip, causing his hat to fly off. "My hat!" he clucked and luckily Hawthorne was able to grab it in his teeth before it floated away. They made it the rest of the way across and emerged from the water. Chester jumped down from his head and Hawthorne put the hat back on his head. One of the beasts noticed the chicken and made a lunge to try and snatch him but Hawthorne noticed the attack just in time and struck him with a hoof causing it to yelp and slink away. "Back off! He's not a snack!" Chester flapped his little wings and made it back onto Hawthorne's back, taking hold of his hair again. He was trembling again and Hawthorne tried to soothe him. "It's ok. Hopefully this won't last much longer."

The leader hadn't seen what happened but Hawthorne didn't think he would care anyway. The group had already began to move away from the river's edge. He followed up the embankment and found himself on the edge of another forest much like the one they had already made their way through. The leader had waited for him to catch up before moving forward. "Now we begin the final hunt," his voice boomed. The beasts howled and yipped and grunted in excited response and the leader took off again, running through the trees. Hawthorne took off too, trying to stay close behind the leader now. The group followed close behind causing chaos in their wake. He could hear the cries of many small creatures being chased and caught as they made their path of destruction through the trees. The leader had slowed as the trees seemed to be spaced closer together making it harder to get through. Briars and vines snapped under his large hooves. Hawthorne felt the sting of thorns brushing against his legs and pushed forward. "What exactly are we hunting?" he asked again. This time the leader stopped and waited for the rest of the party to catch up. Dark mist seemed to creep up around them. A menacing smile stretch out over his face as he stepped towards Hawthorne. "Why don't you see for yourself?" He gestured towards an opening in the trees ahead. Hawthorne took a few steps forward and gasped in confusion and horror. He expected to see a large stag or another soquili or maybe a wild hog, but what he saw was himself, asleep on the ground with Chester nestled up next to him. "Wha- I don't understand..." he began but he was cut off as the leader gave a sinister laugh and the group of beasts lunged at him with mouths open wide, teeth shining in the moonlight. It was then that Hawthorne woke up, safe and sound with his chicken friend asleep on his back.

[WC: 1472]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:29 pm
Quote:
"November is all about having an “attitude of gratitude” and—Scratch that, I hate when people say that but what they really mean is you can’t complain about or be upset about anything. Being grateful is good, but it’s okay to let out our emotions from time to time.

In short, it’s okay to not be okay. Say it again. it’s okay to not be okay If you’re mad, sad, or whatever it’s okay to express that from time to time–it’s even healthy.

I know this time of year is stressful. Write a 750 word RP about you soquili getting upset,mad, or in an argument. Do they rage against the dying of the light? Rant against the heavens? Finally tell someone enough is enough? Or just let someone else know how they feel, even if it’s not pretty or grateful?

Maybe you want to make the RP into a parable that mirrors real life but in soquili way. Example (which you can totally use!) IRL your car has stopped working or those vacation plans have fallen through–tell me about how your soquili’s favorite basket breaks when you need it most. How that jar of honey didn’t come out flavored how they wanted. You’ve got the right to vent, so use this as a way to let it your frustrations (RULE: You cannot make it about any human, soquili can fend for themselves.)"

I decided to add onto a previously started RP instead of starting a new one as it fell in line with the prompt.  

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

Moxxiie
Crew

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:44 pm
Quote:
IT'S SPRING!

What was I just thinking about? Sticky buns? No, maybe it was hot cross buns.....Yeah that's it! CROSS BUNS!

Namely, do you remember that time you saw a cute little bunny with blood on it that happened to be not so cute, but rather a malevolent urban legend that chased you through the woods? It's been a whole year since then. When you come up on a cute bunny stallion and it's cute little bunny friend, you shouldn't worry right? RIGHT?!?!?!

But you do, you know you do. When you come up on this "cute"....thing that's blocking your way out of a canyon, you are highly suspicious. And it acts clueless, as though it really has no clue how to do....anything? It's faking right?

Truth is it's not faking. It's new to the area and really has no clue about life here. But, since you meet Sans Merci, you're just a little paranoid.

Write 750 words per RPer on your encounter with this strange clueless bunny (He's new to the area!) and how you let your paranoia, that this might be another Shifter trap, get in the way. If you want, you can RP the prize as well (who probably has some opinions on how weird your being).

tldr: It's how your preconceived notions about someone gets in the way

Mystique had been travelling between her herd and a nearby coven whom they occasionally traded with. She usually took a different route but due to some heavy rains, that path was unfortunately not crossable because of some large trees blocking the path. Normally she could just go around or over but she was burdened with too many supplies to try and maneuver over the logs without losing anything. Her detour led her to pass through a small canyon with high rock walls on either side. It wasn't her ideal situation to be flanked on either side like that but she didn't have any other choice. She would keep her eyes and ears on high alert just in case there was any threats. "Stay close Maji," she whispered softly to her familiar companion. "There's no telling what we might run into in there." Majique burrowed into her mane, holding tight with her little paws. Mystique let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding and started her trek through the canyon. Just a few yards in, she heard some rocks shifting ahead of them and caught a flash of white against the rust colored walls of the canyon. She remembered the last time she'd caught sight of something small and white. It hadn't turned out well. She crept forward, quietly as possible. Again, the creature scurried from one rock to another. This time Mystique caught a glimpse of some orange and black fur as well. She felt a sense of relief wash over her. Maybe it wasn't what she thought it was. Still wary, she continued forward, only to come to a quick halt as a large brown stallion with long rabbit ears and a rabbit tail seemed to appear out of nowhere. 'Oh no,'she thought,'it is a shifter!' That was all she could think since the small furry creature she'd seen seemed to disappear and now this large bunny-like creature was staring at her. She started to turn and run but the creature called to her, "Wait! I - I need your help."

Puzzled, she paused and turned back to it. "What did you say?"

"I need help. I have no idea where I am and I seemed to have lost my little bunny friend."

Mystique was wary, as she had been deceived before by a bunny so she wasn't going to just trust so easily. "How do I know this isn't a trap?" She glared at him. Majique squirmed from her hiding spot in Mystique's fur. "Don't let him eat me Mysti," she whispered. Mystique shushed her and whispered back, "It's ok. Just stay still and quiet."

Now the stallion was confused. "What do you mean? I have no idea what you're talking about. I just want to find my bunny and get somewhere safe. That's definitely not here in this canyon." He huffed and stepped towards her.

Mystique took a few steps backwards, "Let's just say I've been in this situation before where a small fuzzy creature looked all cute and innocent and ended up being a monster in disguise."

"Monster? My bunny isn't a monster, and I'm definitely not a monster." He scowled at her.

"Yea but you could just be saying that to trick me." Mystique retorted. "I'm not taking any chances."

"Fine, don't help me then, but if you do happen to see a brown and white bunny, could you at least send it my way?" He tried to look sincere and hopeful that she might at least be willing to help the bunny. He had no idea why she was so scared of him and he wasn't in the mood to try and change her mind.

"Don't count on it," she replied flippantly. "If I see any bunnies, I'll be making a wide path around them." She turned to walk back the other way, only to remember that there wasn't another way. She needed to get through this canyon. Sighing loudly, she turned back to the stallion. "However, I do need to go through this canyon, and bunny monster or not, I will not let you stop me." She took a moment to take in her surroundings. There was a ledge just beyond the stallion that if she could get up to, she might be safe if he tried to attack. Now she just needed to distract him.

The stallion was now annoyed at her. He would just have to find him himself. It shouldn't be too hard to find a bunny. He tried just ignoring her and went over to look behind some large rocks at the base of the canyon. He caught sight of a small clump of orange fur. "Ah, it seems he has been here." He looked around to see if there was any more fur. "Bunny!" he called out. "Bunny it's ok, come back!"

Mystique took her chance now that the stallion was distracted and ran towards the ledge, jumped with all her strength and managed to get up on the ledge. She looked down at him as he was calling for the bunny and made her way across the ledge. It wasn't but a few feet when she noticed a small crevice in the corner of the ledge. It looked like a small tuft of fur was stuck there. As she got closer she realized it wasn't a small tuft of fur, but a tail. A bunny tail! 'Crap,' she thought. 'Looks like I found the bunny after all.' Taking a moment to think over her options, she finally decided to tell the stallion where his bunny friend was. She would use it as her chance to escape while the stallion was rescuing the bunny. "Hey mister! I accidentally found your bunny friend. He's up here in a crevice. You'll have to get up here to help him. Good luck!" She called to him and before he could turn around and come after her, she leapt down and sped away to safety.

After that encounter, Mystique would never again take the canyon path home.
[1013 words]  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff